BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
And as far as i remember, later she came back and took on that offer from who i think was Akira.
Thats how they probably met.

There's also an event where Maya takes Akira to a vending machine for a rare offer to buy him something to drink.
Akira comments the drink with something like "this feels strangely nostalgic".

• Red Heart
Reactions: Pedro4545454

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Oh god dammit. Either I really played through this game 4-ish times while totally overlooking Maya's backstory being blatantly laid out, or I have some Akira tier memory.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I got that, but what I didn't get is that maybe that's why Maya takes him to a vending machine after moving the boxes? Like, it's that what she's trying to make him remember? Them meeting? That's pretty awesome.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I got that, but what I didn't get is that maybe that's why Maya takes him to a vending machine after moving the boxes? Like, it's that what she's trying to make him remember? Them meeting? That's pretty awesome.
I always thought the vending machine was a test to see if he was the real him. She said that drink was only sold at that specific vending machine so if he recognized it that means he has been there before.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
As for Noriko, she somewhat knows about Sensei forcing himself on Yumi. He didn't go into details beyond just a kiss:
She doesn't know who it was he forced himself on, but frankly if she can still consider Sensei "good" after what she at least thinks he's done, I don't think it'd affect her much, but who knows, we may find out since her and Yumi are friends, and Sensei has a habit of blacking out around Yumi.

Io finding out about any one of them would be interesting. There's also Sensei and Sekai which will surely have to come up eventually. Not to mention, Maya and Sensei.
That's a topic I find interesting. It's possible that Niki has really signed her soul off on whatever Akira does, as long as he can convince her that he's trying to cope or become better. Noriko also points out that she's just broken in a way that she can't function without him anyway, which I might believe.

However, both Niki and Akira seem to hope that Noriko can escape him. So I wonder if she can or is she as equally bound as her sister.

On another note, I do wonder how much Niki knows about Sekai. I got no definite answer while replaying, but I mean, she's not stupid. She obviously knew he had no home at home, and that he didn't like his brother. So why else would the accident be so horrible for him in the first place? Traumatic? Sure. But to wreck his will to live and to abandon her?

Maybe it could be justified by Sekai being sort of a surrogate mother figure to him idk, but I think she knows he loved her to some extent. Niki has revealed to a couple people that she remains willfully ignorant of the things he does (which is probably a very good decision, given that she can't get out of this relationship anyway).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
That's a topic I find interesting. It's possible that Niki has really signed her soul off on whatever Akira does, as long as he can convince her that he's trying to cope or become better. Noriko also points out that she's just broken in a way that she can't function without him anyway, which I might believe.

However, both Niki and Akira seem to hope that Noriko can escape him. So I wonder if she can or is she as equally bound as her sister.

On another note, I do wonder how much Niki knows about Sekai. I got no definite answer while replaying, but I mean, she's not stupid. She obviously knew he had no home at home, and that he didn't like his brother. So why else would the accident be so horrible for him in the first place? Traumatic? Sure. But to wreck his will to live and to abandon her?

Maybe it could be justified by Sekai being sort of a surrogate mother figure to him idk, but I think she knows he loved her to some extent. Niki has revealed to a couple people that she remains willfully ignorant of the things he does (which is probably a very good decision, given that she can't get out of this relationship anyway).
Sensei seems to know he's holding on to pieces that will keep Noriko around him, and she's basically lived her life trying to be his dream girl. She could move on, but I don't really see it happening.

Niki thought Sensei might still be a virgin since they never had sex:
So, I doubt she was aware of him having that relationship with Sekai.

Her letters in the Chapter 2 'Spotless Mind' Main Event, seem to imply she wasn't sure why he ghosted her.

Although, I'm beginning to wonder if the accident or Sekai was even the actual reason he did. Niki seemed to remember Maya and Maya was around within months of Sensei ghosting Niki. Maya simply may have not wanted to share.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Sensei seems to know he's holding on to pieces that will keep Noriko around him, and she's basically lived her life trying to be his dream girl. She could move on, but I don't really see it happening.

Niki thought Sensei might still be a virgin since they never had sex:
So, I doubt she was aware of him having that relationship with Sekai.

Her letters in the Chapter 2 'Spotless Mind' Main Event, seem to imply she wasn't sure why he ghosted her.

Although, I'm beginning to wonder if the accident or Sekai was even the actual reason he did. Niki seemed to remember Maya and Maya was around within months of Sensei ghosting Niki. Maya simply may have not wanted to share.
Wait, what? I thought Maya only came up way later. Noriko says that Maya forced Akira to leave them only the second time. Also Niki has been separated from him for 8 years, and if Maya was a thing, then he would have "adopted" her when she was about 6.

From my understanding the timeline is more or less: Sekai dies -> Akira gone for up to a year -> adopts Ami -> eventually starts tutoring -> Noriko and a bunch of girls show up -> eventually Maya shows up -> Maya forces him to abandon Noriko -> One year of ghosting -> Noriko stumbles upon Akira and someone at the old district and something happens.

Unfortunately I don't remember from which event that is, but I remember Noriko saying that Akira was tutoring her and a bunch of girls, and then Maya showed up one day.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Wait, what? I thought Maya only came up way later. Noriko says that Maya forced Akira to leave them only the second time. Also Niki has been separated from him for 8 years, and if Maya was a thing, then he would have "adopted" her when she was about 6.

From my understanding the timeline is more or less: Sekai dies -> Akira gone for up to a year -> adopts Ami -> eventually starts tutoring -> Noriko and a bunch of girls show up -> eventually Maya shows up -> Maya forces him to abandon Noriko -> One year of ghosting -> Noriko stumbles upon Akira and someone at the old district and something happens.

Unfortunately I don't remember from which event that is, but I remember Noriko saying that Akira was tutoring her and a bunch of girls, and then Maya showed up one day.
Maya was probably around 6 to 7 when the relationship started with Sensei. This was recently implied/revealed in Noriko's 'Rivals (Taco Tuesday)' Chapter 4 Event:
Based off Maya saying Sensei hadn't been alone with Niki for months, this was likely only months after the accident. Which was 8 years ago... and apparently Maya and Sensei were already "alone a lot".

Edit: Sensei didn't leave the second time until the girls were around 11, and that was with Maya.

Ami was probably adopted within weeks after the accident, and they probably "recovered" within months, then Maya was apparently around, and Niki was ghosted.

Extra Edit: Noriko's Chapter 2 'Loxosceles Reclusa' Event is what you're referring to, and Noriko actually implied it was a short time before Maya showed up.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
At the end of the event flowerchild, in chapter 3, during the ending to the 3 DormWars, Himawari will show up extending her hand to the sky, and carved to her left there is a hexadecimal message.

Does anyone have the translation to that? I was midway through translating it, but the power ran out and I really am not looking forward to having to start over.

It starts something like "I have no name, I am two days old". Please and thanks.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Based off Niki apparently vaguely remembering Maya:
Maya may have been around even before the accident.

The Maya killed Sekai theories may be gaining a come back, before long.
Next you'll tell me Futaba's horror story of the girl without a voice being killed by a cat was about Sekai and Maya.

Also, how did the cat even kill the girl if the girl's body was rotting away for so long before?

Edit: calling back to what you said about moons before, there seems to be a white, green and red moon (during Nodoka's "love" story). But when Ayane comes back from Himawari there's also a blue moon?

• Thinking Face

Leoxsama

Jun 26, 2017
Next you'll tell me Futaba's horror story of the girl without a voice being killed by a cat was about Sekai and Maya.

Also, how did the cat even kill the girl if the girl's body was rotting away for so long before?

Edit: calling back to what you said about moons before, there seems to be a white, green and red moon (during Nodoka's "love" story). But when Ayane comes back from Himawari there's also a blue moon?
This is why i think the moons actually represent Maya, Ami, and Ayane.

• Thinking Face

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
Speaking of not funny and people being absolute assholes - the worst for me was this:

This is like, what an asshole. Yumi had no idea what she went through, and she was being genuinely nice to her. All just so that Io can go "yeah, I was sexually assaulted therefore no other problems can be problems, and I get to laugh at everyone else without even disclosing why I'm laughing".

As if having a junkie mother that left you as a kid, and you had to provide for yourself by stealing and living at another teenager's house was a walk in the park. Io has someone that pays for all her therapy and meds and has a place to live. It's like, this is so stupid, they're both traumas, there's no need to compare them.

First time I watched this I was kind of like "yeah, Io had it so much worse, I get it" - but this time I am 100% on Yumi's side, and she didn't even had a side here, she was just being nice - Io's the one being an absolute asshole.
This is why Otaha earned points from me when she called out Io for disregarding Rin's depression. Io can be a massive ahole.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
The Maya killed Sekai theories may be gaining a come back, before long.
I had not heard that one, I do like it but Maya would have been really young. How is she supposed to have pre-meditated and caused a car crash?

Squalicorax

Jun 1, 2023
Another interesting bit of pretty subtle foreshadowing I just picked up on:
In the first Wakana event, there's this kinda flirty exchange where Wakana reads Akira her favorite poem, which is by Lord Byron. Textually, we know this is her favorite because she got that book of Byron's poetry as a gift from Osako when they were in college. But meta-textually it's interesting because Lord Byron is pretty widely known as bisexual. Considering recent developments with their story, I wouldn't be surprised if this was some very subtle hint dropping about Wakana being possibly being Bi, and the fact the current situation is being pushed by Osako and she's the one who gave Wakana the poetry book is also interesting. On multiple levels Osako is kinda acting as a bridge between Wakana and Akira.

...Poor Osako. She has so much anxiety about their relationship and I have a sense things are only going to get worse. I hope they don't break up.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
At the end of the event flowerchild, in chapter 3, during the ending to the 3 DormWars, Himawari will show up extending her hand to the sky, and carved to her left there is a hexadecimal message.

Does anyone have the translation to that? I was midway through translating it, but the power ran out and I really am not looking forward to having to start over.

It starts something like "I have no name, I am two days old". Please and thanks.
Another poem: Infant Joy

"I have no name: I am but two days old." What shall I call thee? "I happy am "Joy is my name." Sweet joy befall thee!

by William Blake

Seems to have a second part, though i don't know if that's also there in the game.

Pretty joy!
Sweet joy but two days old,
Sweet joy I call thee;
Thou dost smile.
I sing the while
Sweet joy befall thee.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

Flowerchild Shapeshifter Hexadecimal:
"I have no name
I am but two days old
What shall I call thee
I happy am
Joy is my name
Sweet joy befall thee"

Considering Maya's relation to a stray cat, that would be interesting. The girl with no voice sounds more relevant to Nao-chan though.

Supposedly she was reliving her death or was already dead. I think. I'll need to refresh myself.

There's also apparently 3 Moons and a False Moon. 3 were brought up by Nodoka, and a False one was mentioned by Makoto(?). I can definitely see the blue being related to the Shapeshifter, though.
I had not heard that one, I do like it but Maya would have been really young. How is she supposed to have pre-meditated and caused a car crash?
Something about messing with the brakes I think. It's been a while since I remember reading it.
Another interesting bit of pretty subtle foreshadowing I just picked up on:
In the first Wakana event, there's this kinda flirty exchange where Wakana reads Akira her favorite poem, which is by Lord Byron. Textually, we know this is her favorite because she got that book of Byron's poetry as a gift from Osako when they were in college. But meta-textually it's interesting because Lord Byron is pretty widely known as bisexual. Considering recent developments with their story, I wouldn't be surprised if this was some very subtle hint dropping about Wakana being possibly being Bi, and the fact the current situation is being pushed by Osako and she's the one who gave Wakana the poetry book is also interesting. On multiple levels Osako is kinda acting as a bridge between Wakana and Akira.

...Poor Osako. She has so much anxiety about their relationship and I have a sense things are only going to get worse. I hope they don't break up.
Wakana is Bi:
So, the Lord Byron Bisexual foreshadowing could definitely be legit.

Osako is only lesbian though, it seems...so yeah... poor girl.

Oct 1, 2023
Flowerchild Shapeshifter Hexadecimal:
"I have no name
I am but two days old
What shall I call thee
I happy am
Joy is my name
Sweet joy befall thee"

Considering Maya's relation to a stray cat, that would be interesting. The girl with no voice sounds more relevant to Nao-chan though.

Supposedly she was reliving her death or was already dead. I think. I'll need to refresh myself.

There's also apparently 3 Moons and a False Moon. 3 were brought up by Nodoka, and a False one was mentioned by Makoto(?). I can definitely see the blue being related to the Shapeshifter, though.

Something about messing with the brakes I think. It's been a while since I remember reading it.

Wakana is Bi:
Osako is only lesbian though, it seems...so yeah... poor girl.
I couldn't care less about Osako, I think she is the only girl I am unironically not attracted to.
Can't wait for Akira to take advantage of another lesbian couple breakup!

Reactions: Moonflare

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Moon Logic:

There are 3 moons that smile down and remind you of "her" one last time, according to Nodoka's love story:
Yasu can only see 2:
And there is apparently a False Moon, according to Makoto(?):
I couldn't care less about Osako, I think she is the only girl I am unironically not attracted to.
Can't wait for Akira to take advantage of another lesbian couple breakup!
Goth Osako can get it. That's all I have to say. Lmao.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes