Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Nodoka literally pointed out that what she was about to do to Io was pointless:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

She was fully aware of what she was doing, but apparently considered it worth it to accomplish her goals, which apparently involve taking over reality.

I doubt she actually intended to hurt Io, as she tried to make it private, but she simply decided that doing this in public was necessary in the grand scheme of things. Definitely a shitty move, though.
Ohh, so the Io thing was her trying to push the boundaries of reality like she was doing with Nodokathon? That actually makes more sense than Nodokathon if she's actively testing how accurate her intuitions are, still a bitch move as you said. That said, I wouldn't put it past her to keep her true motives a secret and my theory could still explain why she chose to do that to Io specifically.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I'm not really willing to give Nodoka the benefit of the doubt. She has already proven many times she has not qualms about airing someone's trauma as long as she truly believes it will eventually serve to benefit the person in question. She would throw a child into the ocean until it learns how to swim.

"Sometimes, forcing people to do things they're not comfortable with is the best way to move them forward" While that's Prime Maya's sentence and her beliefs, Nodoka is probably the closest person to being the physical embodiment of that. With Rin & Otoha at the hotel, with the book about Sensei and their classmates (and more specifically Futaba), and more recently with Io. While Nodoka is very much a psychopath who deserves a couple more slaps, I have trouble considering her truly "evil" since she believes that what she is doing is the best for the person. The only ocassion I remember in which she did something out of pure malice was against Yumi.

All of this to say, I can totally imagine Nodoka using Sekai's poems and her supernatural analytical powers to reconstruct Akira's past into paper and publishing it as a prequel or chapter 0 of her book, just because she thinks that would be the way to move him forward. As much of a stretch as that could be, she even knows about the room with clocks, so now I just assume that she has some access to the game's replay mechanic (library? recollection?), which includes even Happy Events
I don't know about Nodoka *knowing* stuff exactly, as she seems to be less in control of what she knows than say Yasu. She also seems to genuinely care for Akira (not that it matters much since she also "cares" about Futaba) - thing is though, as AmIOkay pointed out during that one event I'm yet to figure out what she meant (in which she calls Akira Sekai), Nodoka cares for the Akira that is a product of Sekai. I get the feeling that she respects and cares for him insofar that he is a sprouted seed of that which she wants to be as well.

Regarding my Nodoka and Wakana comparison though, I'm not suggesting anyone give her the benefit of the doubt. I'm pointing out that she could have touched upon the Sekai issue with him, and chose not to out of care for a proper time to do so, whereas Wakana didn't even consider him at all, there wasn't even consideration about the time in which to do it, he was literally just a means to an end.

So yeah, things are pretty clear on that first round to me. Regarding how it developed, Wakana has apologised and yet keeps planning to bother him directly (through Ami) or indirectly (through Osako) - so as Nodoka also plans to eventually gain something out of this, I still think she approached the issue in a better fashion.

Reactions: DeSkel15 and Riolol

Jeraviel

Jan 10, 2024
I think Ami has a real chance of talking to Akira about Sekai (she already has after all, straight up told him about him having sex with her mom)
I think Ami might be the last person Akira wants to have a serious conversation about Sekai with.

He doesn't want Ami to become like Sekai, but he also very quiet and reluctant on commenting on the reason why. Ami has a very skewed idea about Akira & Sekai's relationship, thinking it is similar to her own feelings on Sensei: a forbidden relationship unacceptable to society, but that still managed to blossom into something beautiful because of the pure love they had for each other.

Her delusion towards Sekai is to the same extent or even worst to the delusional image Chika has towards Akira.

Ami has read Sekai's poems, and has been heavily influenced by them, but most likely she ignores or blanks out the parts that paint Sekai as a monster, while Wakana and Nodoka are capable of seeing the whole picture through their own unfiltered perspective

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I think Ami might be the last person Akira wants to have a serious conversation about Sekai with.

He doesn't want Ami to become like Sekai, but he also very quiet and reluctant on commenting on the reason why. Ami has a very skewed idea about Akira & Sekai's relationship, thinking it is similar to her own feelings on Sensei: a forbidden relationship unacceptable to society, but that still managed to blossom into something beautiful because of the pure love they had for each other.

Her delusion towards Sekai is to the same extent or even worst to the delusional image Chika has towards Akira.

Ami has read Sekai's poems, and has been heavily influenced by them, but most likely she ignores or blanks out the parts that paint Sekai as a monster, while Wakana and Nodoka are capable of seeing the whole picture through their own unfiltered perspective
Those are some very good points overall. I'd just like to add that it doesn't require Akira to convince Ami that her mother was a monster for him to conclude and face that she was one (in his thoughts). What's most important imo is that he talks about her with someone.

Let's say Ami talks all about how Sekai loved him and that gives her motivation to also face hardships in name of their love. If Akira is able to listen to this without breaking, that also means that he can confront that vision of events and think about them logically. Does he think Sekai is a monster? Does he not? It works out for him either way in terms of stability.

If he thinks she's a monster, well, that enables him to talk to someone else about it. If he thinks it started out bad but grew into something beautiful, then he can also talk to someone about it. Basically, he just really needs to be able to talk.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15 and Riolol

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Nodoka literally pointed out that what she was about to do to Io was pointless:

She was fully aware of what she was doing, but apparently considered it worth it to accomplish her goals, which apparently involve taking over reality.

I doubt she actually intended to hurt Io, as she tried to make it private, but she simply decided that doing this in public was necessary in the grand scheme of things. Definitely a shitty move, though.

Io seemed to be an acceptable casualty of Nodoka's war.
I love this Otoha look ...

corsair101

Apr 27, 2021
For those who may not remember, I doubt it's simply Io's trauma that has made her Anti-sex. As she's pointed out, even without her trauma, things wouldn't work out with Sensei:

Presumably, Io is anti-female due to trauma, but also asexual anyway, so sex itself isn't romanticized by her like it is by most. She just sees it as repulsive and unnecessary:
The reasoning behind the throuple is more or less that she wants nothing to do with sex:
Realistically, this isn't changing anytime soon:
It'd probably be easier to make Osako straight or Sensei homosexual.

There is always the possibility that Io gets desperate enough to just drug herself unconscious, then let Sensei do whatever, as long as he cleans up his meat juice, or something, but yeah, if Io just starts wanting sex, she's probably been replaced by an alien or a meat puppet.
I kinda thought Io was probably just asexual, trauma or no. Like she just seems completely uninterested in it and would rather just build furniture, I'm not sure she's even mentioned masturbating. And there's also the meds, speaking from personal experience as someone who was on a shitload of those drugs as a teenager (and still is at...oh god, a year younger than Sensei), they can have weird side-effects on libido and all that shit.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Ohh, so the Io thing was her trying to push the boundaries of reality like she was doing with Nodokathon? That actually makes more sense than Nodokathon if she's actively testing how accurate her intuitions are, still a bitch move as you said. That said, I wouldn't put it past her to keep her true motives a secret and my theory could still explain why she chose to do that to Io specifically.
I would assume everything Nodoka does is to achieve some goal, so probably. This seemed to upset the natural order of things. Now everyone will probably feel differently about Io to some degree, and she'll have to deal with that as well. A few words, and reality was altered, even if slightly, and by her, instead of say, Sensei.

Kumon-Mi seems affected by the feelings of those in it:
And Nodoka seems somewhat aware of this:

Although Nodoka seems to intend to do good by doing stuff like this:
I'm not sure if she's taken into account that messing with things, may be benefiting something that does want to harm.

Possibly, the World Itself that Yasu brought up, and Nodoka at least seems to think she's been ordained by:

Overall: I can't help but think that Nodoka is being used, and is probably going to regret what comes next. Especially since she's apparently drowning(?) in the Wishing Well:

As for whether she was targeting Io, I think that Nodoka is probably aware of what Io thinks about well, other people's traumas, just by default. This Io thing seemed more of a "while the opportunity presents itself" thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Nodoka doesn't feel too bad for Io though, simply because she's aware of what Io probably thinks about Rin and even Futaba, who I doubt Io thinks fondly of.

Yumi and Io aren't all that different as Touka recently pointed out:
And although Io never really made things personal, in Nodoka's ranking of people on importance to her, I doubt Io ranks much higher than Yumi.

Oct 1, 2023
Akira is also very against any idea of another dude being involved in his sexual acts, he threatens violence when Maki and Haruka suggests pegging him, and there are almost NO DUDES in this game, except for the fact that there are many of them (like the principal, Ayane's father, Touka's father, old man Tojo, Noriko's father, Kirin's father) he just blocks them all out.
And that's how it should be!

I don't care about any dudes, I only want to talk to girls, work with girls, spend time with girls and fuck girls! if there are any male characters I block them out, not because I hate men or because I'm traumatized in any way, they are just irrelevant to me. It can be just as simple as that. And before anyone accuses me of it it's not because I dislike gays either even if I find doing sexual acts with one disgusting, but more gays = more girls for me hahaha I think every man should ship off to an island be gay together and leave me with the girls. Akira's reaction is completely justified.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
And that's how it should be!

I don't care about any dudes, I only want to talk to girls, work with girls, spend time with girls and fuck girls! if there are any male characters I block them out, not because I hate men or because I'm traumatized in any way, they are just irrelevant to me. It can be just as simple as that. And before anyone accuses me of it it's not because I dislike gays either even if I find doing sexual acts with one disgusting, but more gays = more girls for me hahaha I think every man should ship off to an island be gay together and leave me with the girls. Akira's reaction is completely justified.
ufkgv.gif

Oct 1, 2023
Well considering every girl is going to get a sex scene at some point she will either get over it or she will get the Molly Halloween treatment. I really hope it's the former.
You're all wankers! it's about time we get that kind of scene and IO is the best target.
You claim you don't want any of this happening but you will still read it with intrigue even if you feel disgusted

• Haha
Reactions: Riolol
Aug 20, 2021
So quick question… but is it possible to invite Noriko over and headpat her or is that not yet implemented in the game? I only ask because I know for certain Noriko has an unlockable character profile pajama outfit in the files, and there's also a variable for headpatting her:

But of course every time I try inviting Noriko over, I get this message:

I'm still on Chapter 2 right before the second Christmas Party, so if I'm just being impatient and have to wait a bit longer, just lemme know lol. I'm trying to unlock everything this second playthrough, though, so don't wanna wait too long and miss it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl
Oct 1, 2023
Another possible hint that Himawari's name is Ami. And since I got excited, I made a full compilation of this theory.

Now, again, this is just a theory at the moment, but evidence is starting to pile up imo.
The Ayane naming event worries me because it reminds me of an event where the player had to input a name himself (my memory is very vague since it was a long time ago) and basically, somewhere in the game files there is a custom input, unique to every player and their version of the game that Selebus might or might not force you to remember in a future reset wall. Not only am I never going to remember any of these but the save I am playing from isn't even my original game, since I had to download someone else's file because of the care package bullshit.
Selebus isn't going to do something like that haha... right ?

I trust my smart pants bros in here to come up with a solution or a save in the future

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes