Leoxsama

Jun 26, 2017
It's possibly more like millions of years at least. The Untitled show is apparently that old:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maya Prime may have been in her millions, but was seemingly at least in her thousands:
She also mentioned centuries casually, a few times:

These girls better hope that stopping the resets, doesn't just age them to dust.
Himawari's existence might hint at a sort of "loophole" that allows you to avoid the resets entirely.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Yeesh, yeah good points - kind of insane if it's been that long. That's like Mass Effect "Reapers reapin for eons" level nonsense. And no real reason to what or why really yet beyond "the gods are assholes I guess?"
Well, considering the Wishing Well aspect, how no one important really dies and they just get put back together if they break, etc, these Resets could actually be a gift. However, once the Well dries up, the gift may end.

The "Everything is already g-" phrase seems foreboding. This may all end with a "you shouldn't have opened the door" kind of ending.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Himawari's existence might hint at a sort of "loophole" that allows you to avoid the resets entirely.
It could very well be that the resets are contained in a sort of bubble, and that there are beings that exist in a second plane (maybe even one that doesn't follow the same passage of time). Himawari being from the future already makes it clear that there is some time variation in at least one way.

Pareidolia has hinted he's much older than Maya Prime, and it is kind pathetic if you think about it, since he's been trying and failing to bring spring for that long.

Reactions: DeSkel15

Leoxsama

Jun 26, 2017
It could very well be that the resets are contained in a sort of bubble, and that there are beings that exist in a second plane (maybe even one that doesn't follow the same passage of time). Himawari being from the future already makes it clear that there is some time variation in at least one way.

Pareidolia has hinted he's much older than Maya Prime, and it is kind pathetic if you think about it, since he's been trying and failing to bring spring for that long.
Speaking of time, there was one moment in the Blackout event from chapter 2 (Tsuneyo) where there is the classic flash thing then Akira starts speaking a bunch of nonsense then it cuts back to "normal" Akira and he checks his phone but his phone is conveniently dead at that point. Shortly before checking his phone he said "I feel strange, Kind of like I'm losing track of time."

I do not know if Akira's blackouts have anything to do with the timey wimey shit but I just found the fact that his phone just coincidentally died during that moment interesting.

Edit: Come to think of it, if the wire god can alter perception, I wonder if that includes the perception of time?

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021
So quick question… but is it possible to invite Noriko over and headpat her or is that not yet implemented in the game? I only ask because I know for certain Noriko has an unlockable character profile pajama outfit in the files, and there's also a variable for headpatting her:

But of course every time I try inviting Noriko over, I get this message:

I'm still on Chapter 2 right before the second Christmas Party, so if I'm just being impatient and have to wait a bit longer, just lemme know lol. I'm trying to unlock everything this second playthrough, though, so don't wanna wait too long and miss it.
Bump

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I don't think you can invite noriko over as a repeatable event at any point, so that would be a no for the unlockable as of the current build. But you could unlock the outfit through activation of the flags I suppose, if they exist at all.

One would have to check before her confrontation with Ami, and also if headpats are possible when hanging out on the dorms at that point in time also (but I don't think either is true).

Aug 20, 2021
I don't think you can invite noriko over as a repeatable event at any point, so that would be a no for the unlockable as of the current build. But you could unlock the outfit through activation of the flags I suppose, if they exist at all.

One would have to check before her confrontation with Ami, and also if headpats are possible when hanging out on the dorms at that point in time also (but I don't think either is true).
That’s so bizarre… To have a whole pajama outfit in the image files and a headpat variable and everything, yet have it not even be possible. Maybe Noriko is just the next headpat event coming up soon or something? But knowing Sel and his apparent distaste for making headpat events, who knows.

Appreciate the response.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
That’s so bizarre… To have a whole pajama outfit in the image files and a headpat variable and everything, yet have it not even be possible. Maybe Noriko is just the next headpat event coming up soon or something? But knowing Sel and his apparent distaste for making headpat events, who knows.

Appreciate the response.
tbh his entire design of headpat events is abysmal, as is most of his game design.

relevant flag and aforementioned pajamas:

Other Pajamas:

Also, Tsuneyo what the fuck lol

Oct 1, 2023
Yeah while there's obviously VERY questionable choices at points of ages, given the sheer amount of times these resets can be going on, most people here might be nearly double their age in terms of "when" they existed before they got stuck in this loop lmao.
Here's a plot twist, what if every girl Akira plaps is *technically* legal in whatever context you want to portray them?
As far as we know there's more than one Ami, Maya is thousands of years old, Ayane has a daughter around the SAME age as her, and every other girl has technically been in a 2 year loop and if they are all 16 at the beginning they are technically 18 now? the wizards are 5000 years old too

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Here's a plot twist, what if every girl Akira plaps is *technically* legal in whatever context you want to portray them?
As far as we know there's more than one Ami, Maya is thousands of years old, Ayane has a daughter around the SAME age as her, and every other girl has technically been in a 2 year loop and if they are all 16 at the beginning they are technically 18 now? the wizards are 5000 years old too
Then Akira has been having consensual sex with willing adults all this time and there's no real need to fix anything anymore. Roll credits!

Which raises a pertinent question, what if LiL was about a college teacher?

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
Legit didn't read the thread since 0.40 release, as I was too busy with work. Hope everyone's doing alright.

Just had a random-ass shower thought while literally being in the shower:

The only characters without alliterative names are Nozomu Arakawa and Sekai Arakawa. Yeah, they are not present in the game well half of them, as many others - Rin's second mom, Nodoka's mom, etc. BUT! We do know their first and last names, and they do not fit. What can that possibly mean?

Summoning loremasters *cough-cough* DeSkel15 *cough-cough*

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Legit didn't read the thread since 0.40 release, as I was too busy with work. Hope everyone's doing alright.

The only characters without alliterative names are Nozomu Arakawa and Sekai Arakawa. Yeah, they are not present in the game well half of them, as many others - Rin's second mom, Nodoka's mom, etc. BUT! We do know their first and last names, and they do not fit. What can that possibly mean?

Forgot about Nao-chan, but well, it could mean from everything to nothing. Alliterative names became popular with super-heroes from the last century (Bruce Banner, Peter Parker, Matt Murdock) - it could just be because their names sound more interesting.

For your wild theory corner, it could mean that those are the subjects of the experiment, or the ones currently in the wishing well. It could also means that those aren't their names at all, but instead just the codenames assigned to them inside of the cycles (Pareidolia says that he knew Yumi by a different name - although he could have simply been refering to Sekai instead). Given that Sekai means world, and Nozomu means HOPE, we could also extrapolate that all of these names are simply fake.

There's not enough to theorize further in my limited perception.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Yeah, forget statutory rape and grooming, this is just a game about some ordinary philandering womanizer, dude likes to get his cheat on, fairly benign stuff aye.
I mean, I wasn't me that proposed the scenario... but if the scenario is one where Chika is a thousand and 16 years old, and Akira is a thousand and 31 years old - things like statutory rape and grooming don't really exist. It is also an absurd scenario where things just stop making sense and get lost in just how convoluted the setting is (as with most isekai that delve into an adult reincarnating as a child).

A realistic scenario was wondering if Akira was a college professor, and every student was around 21, how would that be like. Because I can most certainly confirm that a college life includes most of what happens with individual student arcs in this game, they're just all adults. Not sure if it would be as good of a game though.

Oct 1, 2023
I mean, I wasn't me that proposed the scenario... but if the scenario is one where Chika is a thousand and 16 years old, and Akira is a thousand and 31 years old - things like statutory rape and grooming don't really exist. It is also an absurd scenario where things just stop making sense and get lost in just how convoluted the setting is (as with most isekai that delve into an adult reincarnating as a child).

A realistic scenario was wondering if Akira was a college professor, and every student was around 21, how would that be like. Because I can most certainly confirm that a college life includes most of what happens with individual student arcs in this game, they're just all adults. Not sure if it would be as good of a game though.
It wouldn't be as interesting. You all like this game and can't get enough because it makes you enjoy things you shouldn't, and forbidden fruit always tastes better.

Forgot about Nao-chan, but well, it could mean from everything to nothing. Alliterative names became popular with super-heroes from the last century (Bruce Banner, Peter Parker, Matt Murdock) - it could just be because their names sound more interesting.

For your wild theory corner, it could mean that those are the subjects of the experiment, or the ones currently in the wishing well. It could also means that those aren't their names at all, but instead just the codenames assigned to them inside of the cycles (Pareidolia says that he knew Yumi by a different name - although he could have simply been refering to Sekai instead). Given that Sekai means world, and Nozomu means HOPE, we could also extrapolate that all of these names are simply fake.

There's not enough to theorize further in my limited perception.
You know what name IS alliterative? Akira Arakawa

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

Nozomu translates to "Hope" in Japanese, and Sekai translates to "World" in Japanese. That seems to be the main reason their names aren't alliteration, but almost everyone else having alliteration names, probably implies their names (or they themselves) aren't entirely "real".

Nodoka's presumed mother is Kyoko Nagasawa, which isn't alliteration. I'm not entirely sure why, but Kyoko can mean "Mirror".

Technically, there's also Saki who is likely named Saki Arakawa, but seems to be Saki Sakurazaka by birth. Considering Sekai was married, that could explain why her name isn't alliteration.

Nozomu and Kyoko though, don't really seem to have an explanation (Kyoko could have married into it, but that's assuming she married at all). We also don't know what Rin's actual birth surname is. She shares Rika's surname (Rokuhara), but Rin was adopted.

Assuming Yuu is Sensei's/Akira's father, his name isn't alliteration either. Yuu Arakawa.

Of course, there's quite a few names in 'Lessons in Love' that likely mean things and are still alliterate. For example: Haruka can mean "Spring?". Haru meaning Spring in Japanese and ka being comparable to a question mark, but also apparently means "mosquito", "fragrance", etc. (Don't actually know Japanese, so this is simply my take)

Last edited:

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
It wouldn't be as interesting. You all like this game and can't get enough because it makes you enjoy things you shouldn't, and forbidden fruit always tastes better.
That's one point, sure. For me it's less "I enjoy it because it's something I shouldn't enjoy". I can't say I enjoy things that are happening on screen. I enjoy the story, I suppose? The narrative is interesting, the characters are amazing, their motivation and the way they move/get moved by the plot is extremely intriguing. If that game would just be loli-incest-fuckfest, it would be boring. Instead, it's purposefully repulsive and emotionally draining so it makes you feel that all that's happening is wrong.

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
Nozomu translates to "Hope" in Japanese, and Sekai translates to "World" in Japanese. That seems to be the main reason their names aren't alliteration, but almost everyone else having alliteration names, probably implies their names (or they themselves) aren't entirely "real".

Nodoka's presumed mother is Kyoko Nagasawa, which isn't alliteration. I'm not entirely sure why, but Kyoko can mean "Mirror".

Technically, there's also Saki who is likely named Saki Arakawa, but seems to be Saki Sakurazaka by birth. Considering Sekai was married, that could explain why her name isn't alliteration.

Nozomu and Kyoko though, don't really seem to have an explanation (Kyoko could have married into it, but that's assuming she married at all). We also don't know what Rin's actual birth surname is. She shares Rika's married surname (Rokuhara), but Rin was adopted.

Assuming Yuu is Sensei's/Akira's father, his name isn't alliteration either. Yuu Arakawa.

Of course there's quite a few names in Lessons in Love that likely mean things and are still alliterate. For example: Haruka can mean "Spring?". Haru meaning Spring in Japanese and ka being comparable to a question mark, but also apparently means "mosquito", "fragrance", etc. (Not a native Japanese speaker, so this is simply my take)
Yeah, those came to mind as well, but Kyoko, Saki and Yuu are not even characters in this game. IIRC they are from Nothing Is Beautiful and I'm not sure if Sel's just fucking with us by referencing that. Like, we don't even have any confirmation that Kyoko or Yuu existed in this universe. We got some about Saki tho.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes