CheleDeCedul

Jan 3, 2024
I did use the search bar, last save file was about 10 updates ago and still had multiple missed scenes that I was hoping to get. My apologies tho
By the way, I know next to nothing of forum functionalities. Is there an easy way to search in a thread (i.e. this particular thread) by date? Or at least order/filter the results. The few times I tried to search for something, the order in which the search result appear mystifies me, it seems to be based on vibes or something.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Here is my theory dump about Kaori, John, Sekai, and the Wire God. This post is very long, so proceed at your own risk. (And sorry if I'm repeating any old analysis here, but it's really difficult to search an 1850-page thread for discussion of old events.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tl;dr: The Wire God possesses the largest cock in Kumon-mi and has been using it to dominate Sekai.
I.. have no words other than wow, for that like wow, I don't know what to say because this is very right and I really haven't found anything that could be wrong.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Here is my theory dump about Kaori, John, Sekai, and the Wire God. This post is very long, so proceed at your own risk. (And sorry if I'm repeating any old analysis here, but it's really difficult to search an 1850-page thread for discussion of old events.)

tl;dr: The Wire God possesses the largest cock in Kumon-mi and has been using it to dominate Sekai.
Very good paper, congratulations. I have a lot to add but will need time to recheck the sources.
Anyway, I'll need time. But good job, it's a lot to think about.

Edit: Also thanks for providing the references to both the color grading and the thing that came out of a wall and searched for another host. I was looking for both of them.

Last edited:

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
One thing I'd point out right now is that there is a conversation between Kaori and Akira in which she asks him what he'd want on a perfect world, and he had just been thinking about a world where everyone is being controlled (more or less what Wires would do if he wished).
This is a great thing to bring up and I wish I thought to include it in my post. The conversation happens at the start of Kaori's event "Clouds"

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

Really good run down, it's always nice to see things more focused like this.

As for the disappearance of USER2, it's probably less a disappearance and more it being impeded. In that 'Såsom i en Spegel' Chapter 2 Kaori event, after something messes with John, Sensei not only loses the ability to communicate with him, but USER2 also goes offline at the end of the event, even though it's still Winter:
(The ending is cut off in replays)

It likely was still around, with even Noodles doing reconnaissance for it:
In Chapter 3 during Beachmas, in the 'Fetch Quest' Main Event.

But, It wouldn't be until Tsuneyo's 'TH15 15NT M3' in Chapter 4, that USER2 seemed to "claw itself out":
Then Sensei ends up smiling, Tsuneyo blacks out, Sensei pisses himself, and eventually USER2 and Pareidolia fight over Sensei and Nao-chan entering that door last update. Now, here we are.

Also just to point this out, Tsuneyo's father loves trees:
And, so does Sensei, and Sekai it seems:

SeKaori showed up after Kaori went to where the trees live:
It's also paper which led her there, and to Nao-chan, which is also what recently led them to the woods where they ran into Sensei (Yuki, etc), and eventually to the door that USER2 wanted Sensei to open last update.

Overall: I'm not sure if USER2 is trying to protect Kaori from SeKaori, as it kind of seems like it's behind it, or at least has something to do with it. Of course that's just a theory.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
SeKaori showed up after Kaori went to where the trees live:
I'm going to point this out in my later reply, but it was one of the the first things I noticed as I started testing his theory and since you brought it up:

If you go back to where the trees live, in the exact scene before Kaori eyes turn red - she straight up DEMANDS that the trees stop interfering, and it's only when she does that her eyes become red. So it can be interpreted as Wires interfering with SeKaori taking control, until Kaori demands he stops interfering (which Wires seems to always respect) - which allows for SeKaori to manifest fully.

Then, when she kisses Akira and tries to resist, Wires seems to try and arrest control back to her through the black distortion leaking out of her eyes and mouth, as she screams "moon" in kanji. Although that is only if we consider the black things to be Wires and not simply Sekai's corruption.

Edit: Sekaori might also be dispelled by Nao's presence. Not enough evidence at the moment, but the color grading might be Nao-chan and one of her intended purposes would be to act against Sekaori/the parasite.

I'll be compiling these and more on a later post.

Last edited:

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
As for the disappearance of USER2, it's probably less a disappearance and more it being impeded. In that 'Såsom i en Spegel' Chapter 2 Kaori event, after something messes with John, Sensei not only loses the ability to communicate with him, but USER2 also goes offline at the end of the event, even though it's still Winter:
View attachment 3706075 View attachment 3706074 View attachment 3706076 View attachment 3706077 Kaori - "Is that all you will abandon tonight?"
- "Will you be leaving anything else behind?"
Sensei - "Goodnight, Kaori."
"///////////////////////USER2 HAS GONE OFFLINE"
[/SPOILER]
Wait, how did I miss that, I re-watched that event in particular like five ti-
(The ending is cut off in replays)
Selebus, you son of a bitch.

Bill_Jerkpole

Jun 30, 2022
By the way, I know next to nothing of forum functionalities. Is there an easy way to search in a thread (i.e. this particular thread) by date? Or at least order/filter the results. The few times I tried to search for something, the order in which the search result appear mystifies me, it seems to be based on vibes or something.
YES! and by that I mean no but almost:

Search while being in the thread, make sure "this thread" is chosen in the dropdown menu and search for 'save file' or whatever you want to find.

The search results will come up by relevance, and the address bar will look something like this: '.../search/374583343/?q=save+file&t=post&c[thread]=48158&o=relevance '

Now change just one number in the "374583343" number, ex. "374583344" and "relevance" to "date", so the line looks like: '.../search/374583344/?q=save+file&t=post&c[thread]=48158&o=date ' and press enter.

Now it should be ordered by date. And no I don't know why you need to change the number, but I can't make it work without doing it.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
And no I don't know why you need to change the number, but I can't make it work without doing it.
awdw.png
Click 1. and then 2., scroll down to 3., click 4. and it save. Done.

You know, the default being set to relevance is probably why so many scrubs suck at searching for saves... maybe it's the forum's fault and not theirs given a default search order is as likely to present them the most recent post as one from 2 years ago... hmmm.

CheleDeCedul

Jan 3, 2024
View attachment 3707048
Click 1. and then 2., scroll down to 3., click 4. and it save. Done.

You know, the default being set to relevance is probably why so many scrubs suck at searching for saves... maybe it's the forum's fault and not theirs given a default search order is as likely to present them the most recent post as one from 2 years ago... hmmm.
Thanks my man! That did the trick. Searching for relevant discussion of the specific parts/chapter of the game I was in while I was replaying it last month was torture. Next replay will be easier.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Yeah that would do it. Without thinking to check my user control panel to pick how I'd want to organize my search I'd look in the search box, but advanced search doesn't have a this thread function.

Bill_Jerkpole

Jun 30, 2022
That's probably the last place I would have thought to look for it - as it is I was surprised that there isn't a "sort" option available in the search menu. You are right; this makes the 'search within the thread' less than useful for anyone who doesn't know this, but I'm guessing nobody is going to change it anytime soon.

Oh well, at least I had fun figuring out the other way, and it is still useful, if one needs to switch on the fly.

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
There is only one Chika event for the rest of the year. That seems worrying to her denial arc, unless it is dealt with a main event, which I doubt. Also, I'm calling it right now, Uta's event during the beach will be an h-scene! I want to believe. And we don't get another Io event until the end of the year, so either their talk will go really well or really bad...
Counter-point - given how big of a deal the denial arc is AND specifically the revelation that her idol she's crazy about is involved with her boyfriend makes it prime main event level fuckery.

Edit: Expanding on why I think this because it's already shown up in main events - Cock Party 2 (lol) basically throws that gauntlet down and sends Chika into a "WAIT WHAT" spiral for multiple scenes.

Last edited:

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
One question, is the Eternum game really good or is it just an overrated game? As I'm going to have to wait another 25 days for LIL, I feel like killing time with something, so I wanted to know if you recommend the game or not and if not, which games you recommend.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
One question, is the Eternum game really good or is it just an overrated game? As I'm going to have to wait another 25 days for LIL, I feel like killing time with something, so I wanted to know if you recommend the game or not and if not, which games you recommend.
I rate it over LiL still - I don't think anyone comes close to Selebus's crazy ass plot and writing but Eternum is the perfect mix of good writing, awesome characters and some stupidly funny moments.

Ripples is also worth a peek. If you want something that diverts from the typical tropey stuff and pushes into uncomfy territory like LiL, Pale Carnations is another one that's uh, yeah. Got some real chops on that front.

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
I thought it was overrated. Although I think most of the 3dcg Ren'py games are hot garbage, so maybe I was too harsh and gave up on it before anything interesting happened. I don't really remember how much I played of it to be honest.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019
I like it. The plot is interesting, the soundtrack actually got me to add some stuff to my own playlist, and the fact that it is one of the best-looking Honey Select games makes it an easy recommendation.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I didn't like it. It's been some time, and from my list I gave it a 2/10 playing it at 0.6 - however I don't remember much of it. I think I sort of remember the story being kind of interesting and the girls being hot, but something about the game design just made it too much for me. I tried to power-through with a guide, but just ended up giving up since I wasn't that hooked in the story either.

I'll add some recommendations since I've been putting it off until now.
If you give in and start replaying LiL instead though, please remember to pay attention to the colors that appear (especially green, red, blue and white) and the moons since it's still unclear if that was a thing from the start (or since when it was a thing).

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
For recommendations:
This is probably going to be my masterlist for recommendations from now on.

Most of the "fine" games are completed, and most of these are probably hours long, at least to see everything. Unless you skip or cheat I guess. All should be on here, and are either Renpy or RPGM.

As for Eternum, I tried it out and it's fine. It's fun and the writing is good, it just didn't have much to keep me interested. It's a game that I'm waiting until it's finished to play again.

I wouldn't rate it around Lessons in Love level, story or character wise, but it's entertaining for what it is. I'd say it's worth a play.

I prefer their previous work 'Once in a Lifetime', simply because it felt more straightforward.

There's also 'Nothing Is Beautiful' you could check out if you haven't. It's short and seemingly a prequel to LiL on Itch.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes