Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Ok so i played the game for a bit and watched my first happy event
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You are understanding it as much as you can by that point yes. The room with the clocks is up until now an enigma to us, we have surmised a lot, but a lot still remains a mystery.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
No new updates/previews for what I'm guessing the rest of the week because Sel is on a mini vacation.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
No new updates/previews for what I'm guessing the rest of the week because Sel is on a mini vacation.
Pfft, dude just had a month long vacation... Sucks for the paying scrubs, came back just long enough to sucker some into resubscribing.

Oct 1, 2023
Of course, who knows, maybe everything will turn out A-okay...
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
John is first introduced in "Mysterious Abundance of Chickens" after Sekai speaks through Kaori for the first time:
Sensei collapses, Hope starts monologuing about Sekai's accident and the danger of memories, and some text appears on screen (from Sekai? from Pareidolia? somehow both?):
Then Wires shows up (is this the first time he appears outside of a happy event?) and it's implied that he's able to do something that prevents a Sensei "brain melt"/total reset. When Sensei wakes up, Kaori says John saved him:
First, my failed efforts:
Now, to the interesting stuff:

Say, isn't "Mysterious Abundance of Chickens" the first and perhaps only three-way confrontation between gods? (maybe even four-way)? I'll post your screenshots again for ease of read:
And to reiterate minor things, Kaori is green on the outside, but she's also afraid of the color green. All gods are dying, and HOPE is the youngest of them (this might be relevant to figuring out their intent with SeKaori).

From this point forward are somewhat minor things to the previous post, but that I found during the research, and could be relevant:
Now, about Nao-chan's relation to SeKaori:
And to finish it, let's take a fast-forward to Kaori's possession by SeKaori during the kiss:
It turned out to be less that I wish I had to offer to your post, but I hope it's something at least. I certainly found some of these to be rather interesting.

Last edited:

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
EDIT: I had this post all typed up before I saw Moonflare's new post. I quoted it below where it's relevant to what I'm talking about.

At the end of Nao's event "Eternity Until," she shows The Old One to Sensei, which is cut off if you replay the event. Before that, though, there's a recitation of the Emily Dickinson poem that gives the event its title, and for some reason this is also cut off in the replay. Full text of the poem is .

The relevant lines are probably "A hallowed thing — to drop a life / Into the purple well — / Too plummetless — that it return —". This sure sounds to me like Sensei (or someone else) being dropped into the Wishing Well and then coming back. It also could be a connection between the Wishing Well and the color purple (or it could be coincidence since this isn't something that Selebus wrote). We also have another connection between purple and the Wishing Well: Nao-chan's color is purple, and she is apparently the result of a wish:

How Kaori got a gold star and how/when she made her wish are still a mystery, but if purple is connected to the Wishing Well, the opening scene of "Wither" is probably involved. When she's looking up at the sky when Sensei arrives (and "probably thinking of animals" - might be relevant?) she could be "wishing on a star."

Also unknown is what exactly her wish was (I doubt it was for a weird spirit child with mismatched eyes and no ability to talk). I think it was Moonflare who suggested Nao-chan could be protecting Kaori from SeKaori, since Sekai never takes control when Nao is present. Maybe Kaori wished for a way to deal with SeKaori.

Here's Moonflare's new post which further supports this idea:
And to finish it, let's take a fast-forward to Kaori's possession by SeKaori during the kiss:

Also, when reviewing "Mother's Milk," I noticed that the Xoanon only uses the name Nao once, and doesn't explicitly say that's its name:
Do we have any other evidence that the Xoanon is named or wants to be called Nao? Nothing it has said makes it reasonable to consider it a guardian angel. It's a stretch, but it could be saying "You may (incorrectly) call me a guardian angel if you like, but I prefer the name "Nao" (for a guardian angel)." What we've seen from Nao-chan so far is consistent with her being a guardian angel for Kaori and/or Sensei.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
So i dug through my entire funny/reactions images folder trying to find something that perfectly encapsulates how lost i am trying to follow this particular theory thread you guys are on and this is the best i got:
1426299944010.jpg
I think it's complete lack of relevancy or connection to the topic actually does a surprisingly good job of demonstrating how i have no fucking clue wtf is going on. Further proof i deserve my crown.
vgh.png

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
First, my failed efforts:
Now, to the interesting stuff:

Say, isn't "Mysterious Abundance of Chickens" the first and perhaps only three-way confrontation between gods? (maybe even four-way)? I'll post your screenshots again for ease of read:
And to reiterate minor things, Kaori is green on the outside, but she's also afraid of the color green. All gods are dying, and HOPE is the youngest of them (this might be relevant to figuring out their intent with SeKaori).

From this point forward are somewhat minor things to the previous post, but that I found during the research, and could be relevant:
It turned out to be less that I wish I had to offer to your post, but I hope it's something at least. I certainly found some of these to be rather interesting.
Thanks for the reply, there's some really interesting stuff here. I'll quote individual parts below that I'll reply to.

Presumably HOPE speaking (but the thing about "our youth" throws me off - however "I can fill you with such beautiful things" is very HOPE - I've added a screenshot of Yasu saying something similar), and if it is HOPE he does not want Akira remembering whatever this is.
I agree, probably Hope, but "our youth" is interesting. Could be an indication of Pareidolia (Sensei's "childhood friend") pretending to be Hope.

I was originally confused how this could be Pareidolia with the "I wish I was never born," but looking at it again that's probably him speaking for Sensei ("I hear your voice as my own").

And SeKaori causing it
View attachment 3712092

Lastly, what the hell was that all about? Why was Akira almost terminated from looking at chickens? And how was this something that SeKaori knew would happen?

View attachment 3712115

So, in this confrontation we have HOPE definitely not wanting it to happen, possibily Wires as well, Pareidolia being present, and all of this being caused by SeKaori. What memories would have been unlocked by chickens I have no idea though - and why was it so important that everyone interfered (as early as chapter 1)?
The way I interpreted it is the collapse is caused by hearing Sekai and not related to what she said. This caused memories to come back too soon/too quickly, leading to a potential mind wipe like Maya is always worried about. Hence why Hope talks about the danger of memories in relation to Sekai's accident. As for the chickens, she could be saying that "the chickens are more than what they seem" because of their connection to Wires.

I agree with pretty much all of this. I'm still undecided on the trees. I prefer the idea that Wires was the one resetting time and that's what she means by the trees' interference. On the other hand, it's also possible that the trees were causing Sekai's awakening, which interfered with Kaori following the map.

As Kaori tries to resist, Wires seems to try and help her - but that only results in her screaming at Sekai (Moon) - (I don't know about 4349 either, it would be CI in hexadecimal...).
Which could be 101 in Roman numerals? Still not seeing any meaning unless it's a convoluted way of representing binary.

Then, as Wires fails, Pareidolia seems to be the one battling him because we have another countdown that gets her back into the kiss.
I really like this idea. I originally thought the countdown was Pareidolia doing something to Sensei, but he seems to be completely awake for the whole kiss. It makes sense that it's him "waking up" SeKaori.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes