Lythis1

Jan 27, 2022
i keep getting error code

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/script.rpy", line 1: expected statement.
79 6F 75 20 77 6F 75 6C 64 6E 27 74 20 64 6F 77 6E 6C 6F 61 64 20 61 20 63 61 72 2E 2E 2E
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sun Jun 16 03:49:08 2024
[/code]

anyone knows how to fix this ?

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022

79 6F 75 20 77 6F 75 6C 64 6E 27 74 20 64 6F 77 6E 6C 6F 61 64 20 61 20 63 61 72 2E 2E 2E
^

[/code]

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it appears that you've fallen foul of the DRM in the care packages and borked your saves. There should be a post recently with updated script and gui files to use. Follow the instructions on the OP regarding disabling the DRM. However as far as I understand your save games will be unrecoverable and you'll have to start from scratch or use a save that has been previously posted here. The search function at top right will be your friend in this regard.

Reactions: Lythis1

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020

^

[/code]

SPOILER_Mayelon.png

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Hm, I can't be the only one curious as to the relevancy of Maya loving Watermelon right? I mean, surely there's something there.

Sensei's teased it:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Resets implied it:
The Shapeshifter sells it:
And Sensei fucks it:
Tell me your secrets oh mysterious melons...

I've assumed Sensei simply gave some to Maya during the tutoring days and she learned to cherish it as some sort of sign of love and happiness...but still, I'd like to know why exactly, and what it implies nowadays.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Hm, I can't be the only one curious as to the relevancy of Maya loving Watermelon right? I mean, surely there's something there.

Sensei's teased it:
The Resets implied it:
The Shapeshifter sells it:
And Sensei fucks it:
Tell me your secrets oh mysterious melons...

I've assumed Sensei simply gave some to Maya during the tutoring days and she learned to cherish it as some sort of sign of love and happiness...but still, I'd like to know why exactly, and what it implies nowadays.
Well there was a consensus that the watermelon was related to her being pregnant because it's apparently commonly craved during pregnancy or used to help with morning sickness or something idk. There was also a shot of holding one that made it look like a baby bump. The pregnancy theory hasn't come up in a while so people stopped discussing the melons too.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
it was my assumption when I saw this

But who knows... and also that tutoring place was a mess, my god. Noriko said he had multiple students before Maya even showed up, and yet it's like a hole with tissues on the floor, and beer cans, and a bed wtf, just who would send their daughter here.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
it was my assumption when I saw this

But who knows... and also that tutoring place was a mess, my god. Noriko said he had multiple students before Maya even showed up, and yet it's like a hole with tissues on the floor, and beer cans, and a bed wtf, just who would send their daughter here.
You have reminded me of one of the other big mysteries regarding Maya: Who are her parents and why doesn't the school have any records on them or her? Normal teenage girl my ass.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
You have reminded me of one of the other big mysteries regarding Maya: Who are her parents and why doesn't the school have any records on them or her? Normal teenage girl my ass.
Well, we know that she is not a child of the clockwork, but one of circumstance. So the chances are much higher that she existed outside of the supernatural stuff.

We also know that she met Akira after running away from home (following sexual abuse from a relative/family friend that was most likely not her parents), and then she moved in with him (at the tutoring place) after he bought her coffee.

We also know that she was the one that initiated their sexual/romantic relationship (green scarf), although it seems that he may have intended that from the start (pet the cat).

Then she forced him (which is a big mystery as to how and probably it was drastic) to choose between her and his past (to protect him from Sekai's memories), which made him cut all ties with Noriko and presumably keep renting a place just for her (?), until she got into school. Also, for some reason she seemed to start working at the temple during this period.

Couple of issues are: if it wasn't her parents that abused her, she was at least neglected enough that she felt she wouldn't be safe with them, and would rather stay with a complete stranger. Also, even if that was the case, Maya would have been reported as missing and would hardly be able to enroll in a school without alerting the police - unless her name isn't even Maya Makinami, which is a plausible assumption.

Anyway, she has a whole bunch of masks and I hope New Maya continues to leak a couple of what those are for us.

Unrelated: but I'm still pretty sure she got pregnant during the cycles because she's too adamant for that being the reason Ayane reaches the rooftop.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
IIRC one of Ami's events before revamp claimed that Maya's family is in Gifu, implying her having a human origin. Since this piece of information is gone with the revamp, it's either Selly has changed his mind about how much he wanted to reveal this early, or has changed his mind about Maya's background entirely.

Of course if Selly completely changed his initial idea about Maya's origin then the whole thing becomes legacy content. If Selly simply decided to not reveal anything about Maya but the idea of her having a human origin stays true, then supposedly this can be appended onto the theory of Maya being a runaway child without losing much credibility. The fake/outdated family contact info could be an intentional act on Maya's part to avoid her family to the best she could, without the need of involving supernatural stuff.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes