Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
...I'm bored. Can one of you initiate the reset so we can skip to the July 1st update? Please and thank you.

View attachment 3742952

(Side note, I still really love this screenshot.)
I will also be grateful if someone resets it and sends us to 2 weeks in the future, it's hell to be without LiL for 2 months.(Thanks for the new wallpaper on my computer, I will use this image a lot now)

Dc345

May 27, 2020
...I'm bored. Can one of you initiate the reset so we can skip to the July 1st update? Please and thank you.

View attachment 3742952

(Side note, I still really love this screenshot.)
Yeaaaah that would involve solving needlessly complicated questions in order to progress.... and if the loremasters aren't answering those questions were unequivocally fucked.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
Some of these events can't be viewed in replay because Selebus is as bad in game design as he's good in writing (and yet has the gall to make fun of people having multiple saves, I wonder why asshat... could it be because to see Himawari in flowerchild I have to reload a save of the game at that specific part??) - and many of them require you to be a completionist or cheater.
If you know that an event has an incomplete replay but don't have a save in the right place, you can see the full event in replay mode by editing the game script and moving the line $ renpy.end_replay() to the end of the scene (and the wiki has the script names for events so that you can find them quickly). But yeah, asshole decision from Selebus for no reason.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
If you know that an event has an incomplete replay but don't have a save in the right place, you can see the full event in replay mode by editing the game script and moving the line $ renpy.end_replay() to the end of the scene (and the wiki has the script names for events so that you can find them quickly). But yeah, asshole decision from Selebus for no reason.
Where do I find that? Can you do that from URM? And if not, where would I find the script file that I need to edit?

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Where do I find that? Can you do that from URM? And if not, where would I find the script file that I need to edit?
It might be easier to just look up the event script name then jump to it using URM. This way Renpy runs the event as if it was a normal game progression; thus you get to see the same thing you’d see during your first playthrough, and no file tampering is needed.

Just make sure to save before doing so and reload your save as soon as you’re done.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
The script is in .rpy files in the game/ folder. Main events and happy events are in script.rpy, ch2script.rpy, chap3.rpy, and chap4.rpy. Girls' events are in [Girlname]Events.rpy except for dorm events which are in DormEvents.rpy or DormEvents2.rpy. Parts of early scenes with explicit content are in game/scripts/subscribestar/inappropriate.rpy.

If I want to find the script for "Flowerchild", for example, the wiki gives it's script name as beachwars18 (under Technical Information). It's a Chapter 3 main event, so you can find it in chap3.rpy by searching for label beachwars18.

It might be easier to just look up the event script name then jump to it using URM. This way Renpy runs the event as if it was a normal game progression; thus you get to see the same thing you’d see during your first playthrough, and no file tampering is needed.

Just make sure to save before doing so and reload your save as soon as you’re done.
I didn't know URM could do this, it does seem like a better solution for viewing a single event.

ElaineZol

Sep 28, 2022
Some of these events can't be viewed in replay because Selebus is as bad in game design as he's good in writing (and yet has the gall to make fun of people having multiple saves, I wonder why asshat... could it be because to see Himawari in flowerchild I have to reload a save of the game at that specific part??) - and many of them require you to be a completionist or cheater.
Considering all the stuff that is mentioned and the theories that have been thrown around before, I think having some stuff missing from replays might be intentional? Or maybe he is just bad at it idfk.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

this works perfectly, thank you.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit:

Last edited:

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
Considering all the stuff that is mentioned and the theories that have been thrown around before, I think having some stuff missing from replays might be intentional? Or maybe he is just bad at it idfk.
It's definitely intentional, but it's also an asshole thing to do when it just makes people jump through more hoops to see something that they've already seen before. He clearly likes laying out all this foreshadowing and symbology so that people can make predictions about where the story is going to go, so I don't understand why he thinks it's a good idea to obfuscate things retroactively.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
It's definitely intentional, but it's also an asshole thing to do when it just makes people jump through more hoops to see something that they've already seen before. He clearly likes laying out all this foreshadowing and symbology so that people can make predictions about where the story is going to go, so I don't understand why he thinks it's a good idea to obfuscate things retroactively.
He's definitely an ass/bad game designer.

I understand (don't like it, but I get it) that you can make your game difficult to understand, by using hexadecimals and ciphers, and hidden meanings, and flashing pictures, that's all fine. Annoying on a replay because you have to keep looking for all its meanings again - but fine. It's part of the mystery thing and you as a player having to decipher everything. Having a replay feature is the mechanism by which you engage your players in this discussion even more, since they can rewatch everything and take screenshots and discuss it. All of this works together as a strategy for how to engage people (if it's a good strategy or not is debatable).

However, cutting off parts of the events on replay runs counter to everything I just said. It's just dumb. How can people decipher stuff if they have to replay 2 full weeks of content to even get back to a random 3 minute dialogue? (or sometimes even just one sentence?) It's just idiotic. There's a difference between: the code being right there and you having to work on it to translate it, and him punishing you for not having saves from each single event on the offchance it might have been cut off on replay.

Reactions: aramaug

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

I understand (don't like it, but I get it) that you can make your game difficult to understand, by using hexadecimals and ciphers, and hidden meanings, and flashing pictures, that's all fine. Annoying on a replay because you have to keep looking for all its meanings again - but fine. It's part of the mystery thing and you as a player having to decipher everything. Having a replay feature is the mechanism by which you engage your players in this discussion even more, since they can rewatch everything and take screenshots and discuss it. All of this works together as a strategy for how to engage people (if it's a good strategy or not is debatable).

However, cutting off parts of the events on replay runs counter to everything I just said. It's just dumb. How can people decipher stuff if they have to replay 2 full weeks of content to even get back to a random 3 minute dialogue? (or sometimes even just one sentence?) It's just idiotic. There's a difference between: the code being right there and you having to work on it to translate it, and him punishing you for not having saves from each single event on the offchance it might have been cut off on replay.
Stuff like Sensei's mother's name being cut out in replays, while, in game, it is implied to be something we aren't supposed to see, could explain why.

Same with the Shapeshifter/Himawari. Like she's pointed out, memories of her aren't supposed to stick:
Lorewise, the replays not showing certain things make some sense. Like how Sensei blocks out things that make him feel things he doesn't want to feel.

Why only (without URM) certain variables are replayable even when events that they cause one to miss, are also replayable, is a little immersion breaking though. I suppose The Shapeshifter requires fingering Ami and fucking Sara so that could be why the Replays ignore those variables when possible.

Overall: I can see why it's like this. Still sucks.

Also may be a way to gaslight players into thinking certain things as well. Over time, people forget or replace things in their memories. Replays could be a way to manipulate the player into forgetting or thinking certain things. Albeit, I'm probably getting into conspiracy territory.

ElaineZol

Sep 28, 2022

From the perspective of a player trying to enjoy a game/visual novel, I get it and agree it is annoying to say the least, but I think in a way it's like trying to put you in Sensei's shoes and how he forgets things or how the gods fuck with his mind and/or the world around him; I kind of like it, but it does get pretty annoying when some things sound so trivial and only become relevant many events later.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Ok i'm kinda confused , but is this still updating? it says it hasnt been for 4 years ...
Due to some disputes with the creator of this game, it is not published on the page, but yes, it is being updated, and the next update will be in 14 to 15 days.

Fyingflame

Nov 30, 2017
Due to some disputes with the creator of this game, it is not published on the page, but yes, it is being updated, and the next update will be in 14 to 15 days.
Oh,.. wait soo where do we download the latest.. still here? or is it only patron content now?

grimfate56

Jul 23, 2022
Oh,.. wait soo where do we download the latest.. still here? or is it only patron content now?
On the front page you will find the download for the full game as the first option in the post. It will include everything up to date, with the new update releasing on the 1st of next month.
If you see the care packages, we recommend not installing those, as they are filled with DRM to break your save files. If you were interested in what's in them you can download them and just peruse the images in the folders, just don't install them without the patch.

Also recommended add-ons include URM (Universal Renpy-Mod) and the Guide mod, which will give you instructions on how to progress. Also on the first page has the guides to the puzzles in this game.

Oct 1, 2023

I wonder if Selly realizes that 99% of the player base, including his biggest subscribers and moderators all cheated those reset walls.
You must be a fucking idiot to think otherwise, and I bet you he's secretly glad people are doing it, because if there was no way of finding the solutions online, the game would be dead right now. Even the nerds that like to research everything would eventually quit because there would be nobody to share their theories with.
No players = No money

Or maybe it's all a plan to get rid of all the normies and only keep the true degenerates, those won't care about the fucked up stuff that is going to happen later, and won't create any outrage.
Despite how popular this game is I am surprised it has gathered zero public attention, it's like the most popular underground shit ever

Reactions: Moonflare
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes