Kawaiikaze

May 20, 2022
On the topic of gods, users, time and shit, I've been keeping some notes for a while and I guess I could formulate 1 main theory and somewhat the start of a second one:

1- There is 3 gods, or maybe 4?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2- There are no Gods

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
I started using Akira as name in some VN games I play and everytime the other characters mention it, I get goosebumps wtf Screenshot (8120).png

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Why is all of osako dialogue an error for me
because selebus hates you
no that is the actual reason
he hates you
he put malicious code in his game for people that download care packages, and it doesnt work correctly. i believe there is a patch on the first page

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
I thought he didnt even code it, someone else did and he put it in from what we found it.
Well technically I worked as graphic artist on a local VN my friend was working on his mid semester so I wouldn't really be surprised lol and I can't code for shiet either

We have another I.T student who works on the coding/programming idk, but the developer (my friend) let's just that she's more of a writer than a programmer. Although I'm not much familiar on renpy. I don't have any use for it though so I'll stick to playing :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Hello I just wanted to check I should go on the trip with chika before going to see yumi if I want to see the full scene where nodoka blackmails her later? I lost my save file a while ago and recently started a new game and I can't remember what I did last time.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Hello I just wanted to check I should go on the trip with chika before going to see yumi if I want to see the full scene where nodoka blackmails her later? I lost my save file a while ago and recently started a new game and I can't remember what I did last time.
Avoid Chika’s onsen chain events until you’ve seen Yumi’s Abyss.

Reactions: Pervyfox and Riolol

bobbington3500

Oct 2, 2021
jumpin in here to pronounce myself leader of the "io is asexual" truthers. if only because there is a 50/50 chance that selebus would either make something truly thoughtful and provocative out of it or totally, spectacularly bungle it in a way that would upset everyone. and i need to find out which. also an asexual starring in an eroge would make me feel less weird about being an asexual playing one. this is the messy angsty rep that i crave
i mean, not likely we'll see much of her for a couple months at least so this is probably the wrong time to revive this discourse lol. but i miss my girl

Reactions: SymbolicSalad

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
jumpin in here to pronounce myself leader of the "io is asexual" truthers. if only because there is a 50/50 chance that selebus would either make something truly thoughtful and provocative out of it or totally, spectacularly bungle it in a way that would upset everyone. and i need to find out which. also an asexual starring in an eroge would make me feel less weird about being an asexual playing one. this is the messy angsty rep that i crave
Well the rape survivor theory also leaves plenty of room for Selebus to bungle it horribly, so I guess we'll see.
mean, not likely we'll see much of her for a couple months at least so this is probably the wrong time to revive this discourse lol. but i miss my girl
Was seeing her be catty towards Chika for twenty seconds not enough?

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
i mean, not likely we'll see much of her for a couple months at least so this is probably the wrong time to revive this discourse lol. but i miss my girl
You're not the only Ace playing this game. Trust me.

• Red Heart
Reactions: bobbington3500

Toram Eldin

Jul 2, 2018
I'm missing a scene with Maki apparently and was wondering if I missed something, screwed up somewhere, or what. I use the progress mod because things can get annoying to find all the events, so I don't know if that matters. Any help would be appreciated.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
On the topic of gods, users, time and shit, I've been keeping some notes for a while and I guess I could formulate 1 main theory and somewhat the start of a second one:

1- There is 3 gods, or maybe 4?

2- There are no Gods
My take on USER3 identity is the Concerned. My sole evidence is from Trinity Pt. III where towards the end Sensei seemed to be pulled out of USER1/HOPE's grip from "the bottom of everything" by USER3. USER3 also left a message "i was very concerned" (which is also written fully in lowercase, one of the assumed features of the Concerned).

As for USER4, this address is "reserved" according to There is Nothing, something I perceived as "this USER has not been created but will be created in the future". Since typing USER5 gives no special response, I also assume we would have a maximum amount of 4 divine beings in the end.
And who just recently transcended its own presence to something supernatural and unexplainable? Sekai
(Also, if associating all four seasons with all four gods is true, then the Concerned can be fall (need verification) and Sekai can undefeatedly be spring)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I'm missing a scene with Maki apparently and was wondering if I missed something, screwed up somewhere, or what. I use the progress mod because things can get annoying to find all the events, so I don't know if that matters. Any help would be appreciated.
That one is from her 2nd invite over event if you agree to bone her (Special Occasions). Yours is shown completed so maybe you decided to be a respectable man and not had sex with your student's mom?

Reactions: Toram Eldin

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
You're not the only Ace playing this game. Trust me.
I may not be Ace (more of a sapio or demi), but an ex-partner of mine is identifying as somewhere in the Ace category. I, for one, will be putting Ace characters in some of my future stories.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
What is a god? It is a thing we put our faith in. It is a thing that inspires us to move forward, to be better than ourselves, to become part of something larger than ourselves. We all have gods. They may not be Gods, but they are gods nonetheless.
(this may not translate well for non-native English speakers, and for that, I apologize).

In American Gods, Neil Gaiman describes how just about anything can become a god. That the modern gods of American culture are Television and The Allmighty Dollar (that last one might have been White Wolf Game Studios, as they had a similar device in Werewolf: The Apocalypse). That if enough people believe in it, it becomes a god, even if it was never one to begin with.

Who is our first god? Our family. Our mothers, fathers, and siblings. So it makes sense that Akira's first god is his brother -- the person who was his equal in status, but his superior in every way. Our parents are authorities, but our brothers and sisters, even the ones with significant age gaps, are our peers. And so he came to view his brother as his first god, the person to look up to, to aspire to become. And how did he see his brother? Well, his brother fucked everything that moved.

Note, however, that his brother's wife isn't a god. She is, quite literally, his World. That which he came to live for, that which he came to desire beyond anything else. I don't think pre-loop Akira ever actually loved Niki. I think he was with Niki because Sekai got off on watching him corrupt her, and when Sekai died, he no longer had a reason to spend time with her.

If you're a young, awkward kid growing up in any era after the proliferation of American On-Line, your second god was the Internet. Social media has ruined the internet in many ways. The game is set in 2020, so Akira was born in 1989. A young, awkward Akira would be discovering the internet in late 90s. When it was still the glorious refuge from the bullies outside. Thus, it makes sense that the God of Wires is his second god. And the Akira of the time loop never spends time on the internet, so it makes sense that the God of Wires is dying -- gods need attention from the faithful to survive, after all.

This makes me wonder why Pareidolia is the third god. The first two make sense. But how would the tendency to see a defined image in a random pattern become a god?

Until I saw this while I was googling Paeidolia:

1684363304739.png

Toram Eldin

Jul 2, 2018
That one is from her 2nd invite over event if you agree to bone her (Special Occasions). Yours is shown completed so maybe you decided to be a respectable man and not had sex with your student's mom?
Could be. That might be the save I have labeled as important decision

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
What is a god? It is a thing we put our faith in. It is a thing that inspires us to move forward, to be better than ourselves, to become part of something larger than ourselves. We all have gods. They may not be Gods, but they are gods nonetheless.
(this may not translate well for non-native English speakers, and for that, I apologize).

In American Gods, Neil Gaiman describes how just about anything can become a god. That the modern gods of American culture are Television and The Allmighty Dollar (that last one might have been White Wolf Game Studios, as they had a similar device in Werewolf: The Apocalypse). That if enough people believe in it, it becomes a god, even if it was never one to begin with.

Who is our first god? Our family. Our mothers, fathers, and siblings. So it makes sense that Akira's first god is his brother -- the person who was his equal in status, but his superior in every way. Our parents are authorities, but our brothers and sisters, even the ones with significant age gaps, are our peers. And so he came to view his brother as his first god, the person to look up to, to aspire to become. And how did he see his brother? Well, his brother fucked everything that moved.

Note, however, that his brother's wife isn't a god. She is, quite literally, his World. That which he came to live for, that which he came to desire beyond anything else. I don't think pre-loop Akira ever actually loved Niki. I think he was with Niki because Sekai got off on watching him corrupt her, and when Sekai died, he no longer had a reason to spend time with her.

If you're a young, awkward kid growing up in any era after the proliferation of American On-Line, your second god was the Internet. Social media has ruined the internet in many ways. The game is set in 2020, so Akira was born in 1989. A young, awkward Akira would be discovering the internet in late 90s. When it was still the glorious refuge from the bullies outside. Thus, it makes sense that the God of Wires is his second god. And the Akira of the time loop never spends time on the internet, so it makes sense that the God of Wires is dying -- gods need attention from the faithful to survive, after all.

This makes me wonder why Pareidolia is the third god. The first two make sense. But how would the tendency to see a defined image in a random pattern become a god?

Until I saw this while I was googling Paeidolia:

View attachment 2629761
Good theorizing, but why assume all three gods stem from Akira? Sure Hope says everything is about him and Akira believes it to justify his apathy, but other characters disagree and the latest Sara events seem to belie that notion entirely.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes