Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
True, we also know that there is a Student Guide for Sensei made by Maya that persists through resets, and the scarfs Akira bought for Maya and Ami.
I wonder what happened with the original scarf and why the new ones arrived for the second time. Considering that the original scarf probably has the same value for Maya as Arakawas blanket does for them

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I realised why Ami might be aware of the reset stuff: during beachmas she tells that she has a secret journal somewhere in the house, and the physical things like items made by Io do persist through resets. So even if she loses her memory, like everyone else, she will be able to remember a lot of forbidden knowledge by writing it down in a diary
Possibly. There's also the 3 check marks in Sensei's room that becomes 4 if you sleep with Ami. That could imply that Sensei has at least slept with Ami in 3 prior versions, if not the last 3 versions, and someone is keeping track of it. Not to mention some memories tend to carry over anyway like Tsuneyo mentioning something that never happened since the current Sensei showed up, and Makoto dreaming about her death. Being reset doesn't flawlessly reset everyone.

It's also possible that Ami has had Happy Events that show her some of the past loops or simply things she shouldn't know, on top of everything. Like Baby Finches Ami could be the actual Ami watching a Maya and Sensei on a date, and being unable to do anything.

Kawaiikaze

May 20, 2022
Wasn't there some thing about Ami having Sekai's poems collection or some shit like that as well? That could also explain a lot about why Ami is so... Ami

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I realised why Ami might be aware of the reset stuff: during beachmas she tells that she has a secret journal somewhere in the house, and the physical things like items made by Io do persist through resets. So even if she loses her memory, like everyone else, she will be able to remember a lot of forbidden knowledge by writing it down in a diary
Hmm I was on the premise that any physical clue deliberately left to remind themselves about the existence of resets will be gone with the reset or got scribbled by angels, especially if a Sensei met his early game over and everything got hard reset to square zero. Even if these clues somehow lived through a reset when the owner didn’t, I imagine they would just be weirded out and still couldn’t piece the lost puzzle together themselves, kinda like Futaba’s reaction to her unexpected poem (I just personally feel like it’s too anticlimactic to be a solution for reset lol)

However, this can still kinda work if Sekai's journal somehow already had some super duper secrets about this strange world we now dwell in forever; and Ami would get "updated" if she found it within the cycle.

In fact this prompted something else in my mind: Maya's gamer guide for day1 Sensei (the one item that may actually fit your description).
If we assume that a hard reset sends you back to absolute square zero, why wasn't that creepy diary gone every time an iteration die? It's not something the OG Sensei already had and we already know this diary didn't even exist during the first few cycles.
So it's either a special item that lived through all hard and soft resets despite not being in his room from the very beginning because...Maya, or Maya just finished hauling ass handcrafting a creepy journal and putting it on your table when we "first" met her in A New You.

Edit: nvm; Ami tells you to check on that journal before you even walk into the bedroom; so this probably is just a convenient "patch" that the world decided to keep for later Sensei iterations' sake (come to think of it, Ami is okay with Sensei keep this kind of diary??? Maybe she just thought it was a benign list of names and details without photos).

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Pervyfox

Mar 14, 2018
Hmm I was on the premise that any physical clue deliberately left to remind themselves about the existence of resets will be gone with the reset or got scribbled by angels, especially if a Sensei met his early game over and everything got hard reset to square zero. Even if these clues somehow lived through a reset when the owner didn’t, I imagine they would just be weirded out and still couldn’t piece the lost puzzle together themselves, kinda like Futaba’s reaction to her unexpected poem (I just personally feel like it’s too anticlimactic to be a solution for reset lol)

However, this can still kinda work if Sekai's journal somehow already had some super duper secrets about this strange world we now dwell in forever; and Ami would get "updated" if she found it within the cycle.

In fact this prompted something else in my mind: Maya's gamer guide for day1 Sensei (the one item that may actually fit your description).
If we assume that a hard reset sends you back to absolute square zero, why wasn't that creepy diary gone every time an iteration die? It's not something the OG Sensei already had and we already know this diary didn't even exist during the first few cycles.
So it's either a special item that lived through all hard and soft resets despite not being in his room from the very beginning because...Maya, or Maya just finished hauling ass handcrafting a creepy journal and putting it on your table when we "first" met her in A New You.

Edit: nvm; Ami tells you to check on that journal before you even walk into the bedroom; so this probably is just a convenient "patch" that the world decided to keep for later Sensei iterations' sake (come to think of it, Ami is okay with Sensei keep this kind of diary??? Maybe she just thought it was a benign list of names and details without photos).
ami has said that shes not supposed to read it iirc, or that she doesnt know whats in it. and when the 2nd ayane reset happened he mentioned adding a sticky note to his door for future ones to make sure hes dressed. its unclear what is allowed to persist and what isnt

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

I do think it's heavily implied that even if there are clues towards there being a reset, most characters will automatically ignore it. Hence why anytime Ayane or someone else brings up the reset, or something odd, it gets ignored by mostly everyone. Most characters are simply set to ignore things that don't fit the script they've been assigned.

On the other hand, it seems that only people are actually affected by the reset most of the time. The city itself tends to follow it's own logic, so, items themselves likely do as well. Maya has mentioned new buildings even tend to pop up. Not to mention, the other school collapsing and still being collapsed also seems to show that resets don't necessarily reset the city.

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Now that I think of it, this is basically Saiki Kusuo where they also basically repeat the school year, but the transfer students aren't aware that they're already there for almost 4 years plus the fact that the only thing affected are the sense of time of the people, lol no wonder I felt a sense of dejavu.

Although to compare, LIL timeline is basically a tree trunk (original timeline) with a lot of branches which means it's been going on for several years and counting the added branches that are continuously being formed thru the 'butterly effect'. Saiki managed to bring time forward in at least 5 years which means that LIL timeline had it worse.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Now that I think of it, this is basically Saiki Kusuo where they also basically repeat the school year, but the transfer students aren't aware that they're already there for almost 4 years plus the fact that the only thing affected are the sense of time of the people, lol no wonder I felt a sense of dejavu.

Although to compare, LIL timeline is basically a tree trunk (original timeline) with a lot of branches which means it's been going on for several years and counting the added branches that are continuously being formed thru the 'butterly effect'. Saiki managed to bring time forward in at least 5 years which means that LIL timeline had it worse.
So all the girls are definitely over 20. Perhaps even in their 30s or 40s by now.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So all the girls are definitely over 20. Perhaps even in their 30s or 40s by now.
Considering Maya gave up counting how many resets she's been through, and she seems a little arrogant over her memory and knowing things, I think they are all literally far older than humanly possible. The students are still only around 15 to 17 physically and mentally though, except Maya who is physically a minor, but mentally far older.

Of course, Maya's memory has also possibly been altered so even the countless lives she's lived might not be the first countless lives she's lived.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Something else similar to LiL is Black Souls (where my profile picture is from). Time loops, characters get reset, takes place in a fictional isolated area, has an effed up main protag that has memory problems, likes lolis, and gets effed over mentally and physically by godlike beings that put him through disturbing experiences. There's also a female from his past that tries to keep the MC sane and alive, but can't tell him too much otherwise it's game over. The MC was even technically a teacher that wanted his students.. in the lore, before everything went to shit.

Black Souls is however more about Fairy Tales, tragedy, and combat, while LiL is more about religion, perception, and reading. BS a RPGM and LiL a VN.

The loops in LiL also seem to have more flexibility, and the MC has more awareness of them.

I think the LiL timeline is more like a river that flowed until it suddenly stopped, then it flowed again, and formed a circle that only leads it back to where it started to flow again (like a lazy river). Artificially made, and for whatever reason, only summer and winter exist in the world the river is in now. Also when the world ends, it's like it dried up, but when it resets, it's like the river got refilled. All the changes being bugs, dirt, or leaves, etc that end up in it's flow.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
Considering Maya gave up counting how many resets she's been through, and she seems a little arrogant over her memory and knowing things, I think they are all literally far older than humanly possible. The students are still only around 15 to 17 physically and mentally though, except Maya who is physically a minor, but mentally far older.

Of course, Maya's memory has also possibly been altered so even the countless lives she's lived might not be the first countless lives she's lived.
I always figured Chinami's "I'm a 5000 year old wizard" thing was a hint to the real number.
Regardless, Yasu heard Sensei's real age and thought it was too absurd to believe, so it's definitely been more than just ten years.

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Something else similar to LiL is Black Souls (where my profile picture is from). Time loops, characters get reset, takes place in a fictional isolated area, has an effed up main protag that has memory problems, likes lolis, and gets effed over mentally and physically by godlike beings that put him through disturbing experiences. There's also a female from his past that tries to keep the MC sane and alive, but can't tell him too much otherwise it's game over. The MC was even technically a teacher that wanted his students.. in the lore, before everything went to shit.

Black Souls is however more about Fairy Tales, tragedy, and combat, while LiL is more about religion, perception, and reading. BS a RPGM and LiL a VN.

The loops in LiL also seem to have more flexibility, and the MC has more awareness of them.

I think the LiL timeline is more like a river that flowed until it suddenly stopped, then it flowed again, and formed a circle that only leads it back to where it started to flow again (like a lazy river). Artificially made, and for whatever reason, only summer and winter exist in the world the river is in now. Also when the world ends, it's like it dried up, but when it resets, it's like the river got refilled. All the changes being bugs, dirt, or leaves, etc that end up in it's
By that logic, it can also be applied with my methapor lol but hey, to each to their own. We can interpret it in our own way.

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
I always figured Chinami's "I'm a 5000 year old wizard" thing was a hint to the real number.
Regardless, Yasu heard Sensei's real age and thought it was too absurd to believe, so it's definitely been more than just ten years.
That's probably because her 'God' was HOPE aka Nozomu (User1) by theory. Come to think of it, they haven't shown any picture of Nozomu yet, right?

I'd imagine that he resembles Akira and that's why Yasu was compelled to say that her god was talking to Sensei. Idk, I'm dumb. :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

Gods in LIL here's an explanation of the gods in lil I found

Last edited:

Black Raven

May 4, 2020
It used to be bi-weekly for a stupid amount of time, but I guess Sel finally discovered he's actually human and we've been getting a monthly/every 5 weeks update since.
Some context on that :
Deleted member 1697433 said:
Simply put, bi-weekly updates just aren't sustainable anymore now that the overall quality of the game has gone way up. That sort of thing was fine when the game was still trying to find its footing and was lacking in quality, but we're at a point now where, if I decided to keep bi-weekly updates, they'd wind up only being around 10 events each and that is frankly just way too small for me.

Additionally, after almost 3 years of consistently working 7 days a week on Lessons in Love, I have decided it would probably be in my best interest to take at least one day off every week so I do not die. I love my game, but I don't want to look back on it when it's finally finished one day and think "Fuck...where did all that time go?"

Reactions: rianzz

Grahim

Jan 8, 2018
I have a question. I have been ruminating and thinking about the current story for a while now, and I have read in here as well the many theories some sound, some insane and have considered them as well. There is something within me that remains left unanswered.

after the event I will deliver you the fireflies, the event sheltered: We see Maya wondering along the beach even herself wondering why is she here, perhaps it can be understood as simply wondering what she is doing but I think there is more to it.

There she encounters Ayane and Ami, in which Ami tries to comfort Maya, and Maya vehemently refuses. Three things stuck out to me:
1. Maya litteraly tries to graple away from Ami, while it might seem simple Maya thing to not be seen as weak, she isn't that against comfort when vulnerable like she was at the beach.
2. We do not see Ami's face during that scene, at all while it is not abnormal to not see people's faces, I do not think it was done without thought.
3. I do not think the final words from Maya was simply crying, but a scream, I think us seing the a symbol of a god is proof enough of that during that.

My theory is that the beach is a place of ritual: One girl gets hearth broken, One girl what she wants, one girl (usually the hearth broken one) gets comforted, and with this ritual done the beach event closes.
I think Maya was so against that because she knew Ami was part of Nozumu/HOPE ? or her chosen and realised she was a part of the ritual now, and since HOPE has only done cruel things to her no wonder she would be so against it.

Though of course I am fucking stupid as shit and it might be just emotionaly charged scene with nothing to talk about. I am willing to hear you people's thoughts about it though.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
That's probably because her 'God' was HOPE aka Nozomu (User1) by theory. Come to think of it, they haven't shown any picture of Nozomu yet, right?

I'd imagine that he resembles Akira and that's why Yasu was compelled to say that her god was talking to Sensei. Idk, I'm dumb. :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

Gods in LIL here's an explanation of the gods in lil I found
I still half expect Dr. Steven Strange to show up, saying, "Nozomu, I have come to bargain."

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes