DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
"She's prettier when she's in the chair" feels like a callback to the Amiokay-in-the-contraption happy scene, and if Maya recognized it, would imply that her relationship with Akira was FAR more fucked up than I'd previously thought.
Yeah, I think it's definitely a callback. The Angels that mentioned it seemed to also be in that Happy event "How I Feel". Another reason why I think the "User2" stuff in "The Scary Room" was simply HOPE/User1 pretending to be "User2" in order to scare Maya.

Maya doesn't seem able to see nor understand the Angels though. Not sure if I want to know how their relationship was, but I think the sexual chair is more of a punishment for AmIOkay Maya. Just like being crucified.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
Btw, I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but In "The Scary Room" main event as the Wiki has noted:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, perhaps Maya's transformation has been triggered since The Scary Room?

Overall: Not entirely sure what this could mean, but it's probably bad.
I'm not sure what transformation you're talking about but I don't think this scene has more meaning than just the angels trolling Maya. But Yasu did talk about Maya's demise: screenshot0012.png
It's also interesting that Maya seems to instantly dismiss everything Yasu says despite wanting to know more about this world, in fact she's been passive since the beginning of the game until Ayane. And Maya doesn't look like a big player. Which makes me question if Maya has any reason to keep the resets or if she's just incompetent.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Well, I have a theory that they both set up all kumon-mi madness in some sort of satanic ritual and now suffer backfire. Not my favorite theory, but that what I call fucked up relationships
I have a similar theory, except it's more about Maya trying to resurrect Sensei after he committed suicide because of her, and what she called upon to do so, decided to have fun, and this world (Kumon-mi) is the effed up result.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I'm not sure what transformation you're talking about but I don't think this scene has more meaning than just the angels trolling Maya. But Yasu did talk about Maya's demise: View attachment 2694953
It's also interesting that Maya seems to instantly dismiss everything Yasu says despite wanting to know more about this world, in fact she's been passive since the beginning of the game until Ayane. And Maya doesn't look like a big player. Which makes me question if Maya has any reason to keep the resets or if she's just incompetent.
I'm referring to "The seed has been planted" part.

Typically after "seeds" are planted, characters change. Makoto goes suicidal, Ami seems to go psycho, and Sana seemed to go nympho.

Maybe Maya just goes incompetent? Also yeah, I feel like Yasu, Nodoka, and Tsuneyo all have plenty of info that'd benefit her when it comes to the resets, but she's awfully complacent for someone wanting to figure things out.

Last edited:

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
I have a similar theory, except it's more about Maya trying to resurrect Sensei after he committed suicide because of her, and what she called upon to do so, decided to have fun, and this world (Kumon-mi) is the effed up result.
Yep, I also had this thougths. Both this theories actualy go well with Amiokay is sacrificed part of Maya and provide good (however supernatural) reason on their special roles.

Their main problem is that they very unlikely to being proven/disproven in observable future so they more like wild guesses than theories

Last edited:
Reactions: Riolol and DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Yep, I also had this thoughts. Both this theories actualy gos well with Amiokay is sacrificed part of Maya and provide good (however supernatural) reason on their special roles.

Their main problem is that they very unlikely to being proven/disproven in observable future so they more like wild guesses than theories
Yep, definitely won't really matter anytime soon. Still, it's cool to think about.

Reactions: Riolol

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I dread to think how old I will be when this story is finally finished, feels like we will be waiting as long as Maya.
If it's ever finished. Reality can be cruel, unfortunately. Sel at least has a plan so if something does happen, it might go the way of Berserk.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
If it's ever finished. Reality can be cruel, unfortunately. Sel at least has a plan so if something does happen, it might go the way of Berserk.
What a horrible thought, I am way too invested at this point for that to happen. On a similar note, I have heard we are in the "harem phase" and are still in act 1, if that means the "dark phase" will be act 2 then I hope it's released as a second game. It's already so damn long and such a large file that not doing that seems a bit nuts to me.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
What a horrible thought, I am way too invested at this point for that to happen. On a similar note, I have heard we are in the "harem phase" and are still in act 1, if that means the "dark phase" will be act 2 then I hope it's released as a second game. It's already so damn long and such a large file that not doing that seems a bit nuts to me.
Here's a happier thought:
Me afterwards:

Considering I live off the compressed versions already, I somewhat hope it doesn't become too expansive. Not sure if splitting the game up fits Sel's vision though.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Maybe Maya just goes incompetent? Also yeah, I feel like Yasu, Nodoka, and Tsuneyo all have plenty of info that'd benefit her when it comes to the resets, but she's awfully complacent for someone wanting to figure things out.
I think it's the impact of the infinite loops on her psyche.

For an untold number of years, everyone around her would snap back to a default state every 4-16 months, so in her mind, they've become little more than NPCs. Prior to this cycle, literally anything they'd have to say is something she's likely heard dozens, if not hundreds of times.

And now the rules have changed, and even though she knows the rules have changed, she is so deep in that infinite-loop psychosis that she can't bring herself to treat the other characters as actual people and LISTEN to what they have to say to her. It's why she didn't tell Ayane the VERY IMPORTANT information about Ami, Ayane's still an NPC in her mind.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Here's a happier thought:
Me afterwards:

Considering I live off the compressed versions already, I somewhat hope it doesn't become too expansive. Not sure if splitting the game up fits Sel's vision though.
I'm not sure if splitting the game fits Sel's technical prowess. I've read that his coding is sloppy and spaghettish.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
If I had to guess, I'd assume the dark phase would begin after the next reset, especially now that we have Psycho Ami awakening. Which would make the final install of the completed game about 27-30 GB.

Bit large for a Mega download, to be sure.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Kagitane

Feb 8, 2021
I'm wondering if Sekai and Ami are currently enemies in each other's eyes considering they each want Sensei for themselves? And if so, is it possible to wait for Sekai's help in counteracting psychoAmi?

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I'm wondering if Sekai and Ami are currently enemies in each other's eyes considering they each want Sensei for themselves? And if so, is it possible to wait for Sekai's help in counteracting psychoAmi?
What if Ami has always been psycho and in love with Akira? Maybe she found out Sekai was pregnant with his baby somehow and cut her brakes or something?
(just thinking out loud with this one)

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I think it's the impact of the infinite loops on her psyche.

For an untold number of years, everyone around her would snap back to a default state every 4-16 months, so in her mind, they've become little more than NPCs. Prior to this cycle, literally anything they'd have to say is something she's likely heard dozens, if not hundreds of times.

And now the rules have changed, and even though she knows the rules have changed, she is so deep in that infinite-loop psychosis that she can't bring herself to treat the other characters as actual people and LISTEN to what they have to say to her. It's why she didn't tell Ayane the VERY IMPORTANT information about Ami, Ayane's still an NPC in her mind.
Yeah, I struggle see how anyone can really stay sane after a thousand years of this.

Add on the implication that there are scary things in this world that she knows about, then the others being NPCs, and the world resetting, might be the least of things she's had to rationalize to keep some semblance of sanity.

Still, Maya definitely needs to overcome her irrationality and move on if she actually wants to get out of this.

Then again, her being in any other resets could just be a fabrication that she thinks is real. Her not mentioning Psycho Ami could also be because she didn't actually "know" about her until now. Tsuneyo opened up a can of worms with this:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I'm wondering this as well. Spirit Sekai and Real Ami seemed to be allies based off Sekai holding Ami when she visited her grave, and how Kaori and Ami are friends. Not to mention, Ami dressing up as her, and trying to be like her.

Psycho Ami on the other hand, well, I don't see how Ami butchering people benefits Spirit Sekai in any way. Especially if Psycho Ami kills Sensei.

For all we know, though, John and Nao-chan could be countermeasures against Psycho Ami in some way.

It's definitely something I'll be looking forward to finding out.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LuisD and Bingoogus
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes