blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
I barely googled and it looks like it is imposible until you spend two years in high school
Rin said she was able to skip a year though. It's not like Selebus has to know every single detail about Japan. He made fun of Imani in game for choosing being a college teacher in pursuit of good money. And she was actually on point: an assistant teacher (yes an assistant) is among the top 10 better remunerated jobs in Japan.
Question:

What even is the space war? If the world is at a loop, then is outer space the same as well? Considering that Makoto's dad died a few months (?) before, then I guess he's already dead at every reset?
We are told not to bother with that. I think it's just a gag or something conveniently made up. And better not touch that, I mean if they are fighting an interstellar battle out there and we are following Einstein theory, from the perspective of Kumon mi's residents the war shouldn't even started yet, the combatants are still just travelling through space (not enough time has passed). But anyway who cares about physics, right? Lol Specially when it gets in the middle of a fun story.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JelF547

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
I don't even think the space war is real. No one ever leaves Kumon-mi, memories can be fabricated, we're not even sure that Kumon-mi is real. Maybe the call that Maki got was also fabricated memory. Though it's hard to explain who is managing all of these "rules" like when does Makoto's dad die or who has been answering all of Futaba and Uta's family call, I think it's harder to explain why no one ever returns to the city, even with the space war around.
That's what I thought at first too, but things got weird when the report about Makoto's dad's cause of death came in and it confused the heck out of me.

Although by seeing it the way that we see Kumon-mi, it'd make sense that it's just a fabricated lie. So basically, a prank call was made by____ (I want to say Nozomu or Sekai, but that's probably pushing it too much) if we assume that the calls were staged.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
but just think about it... makoto is getting 'counseling' over her dads death from the person that did it/faked it....
damn
And all that things is to help Makoto move over it and continue to fuck with Sensei.

It would be really nice if it have been, but unfortunately it wasn't

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Question:

What even is the space war? If the world is at a loop, then is outer space the same as well? Considering that Makoto's dad died a few months (?) before, then I guess he's already dead at every reset?
The space war, as we've been told, doesn't actually matter. It's a contrivance to explain why most of the men are conveniently not in Kumon-Mi. I'd go so far as to suggest that the space war doesn't actually exist at all.

The powers that be, whoever they are, isolated Kumon-Mi in a bubble that exists outside time and space, and the space war is how they hand-wave away all questions about it. It's just an excuse.

Makoto's father may not even actually be dead. They got a robocall about his death that told them to "remember to smile," which sounds like some HOPE fuckery. At the same time, Haruka gets a robocall about her husband being alive so that she feels guilt about having sex with Akira. Almost like HOPE is trying to steer Akira away from the adults and into the students.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
The space war, as we've been told, doesn't actually matter. It's a contrivance to explain why most of the men are conveniently not in Kumon-Mi. I'd go so far as to suggest that the space war doesn't actually exist at all.

The powers that be, whoever they are, isolated Kumon-Mi in a bubble that exists outside time and space, and the space war is how they hand-wave away all questions about it. It's just an excuse.

Makoto's father may not even actually be dead. They got a robocall about his death that told them to "remember to smile," which sounds like some HOPE fuckery. At the same time, Haruka gets a robocall about her husband being alive so that she feels guilt about having sex with Akira. Almost like HOPE is trying to steer Akira away from the adults and into the students.
Actually, Haruka is optional, so there's not necessarily any guilt going on. Haruka does seem to go a little crazy if you're not with her though.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Actually, Haruka is optional, so there's not necessarily any guilt going on. Haruka does seem to go a little crazy if you're not with her though.
this is implying the 'god' that did it is all knowing and didnt just do it because they thought it happened though
good point though

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021

The fact it was an automated message fits in with all hints than kumon-mi is a simulation.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
this is implying the 'god' that did it is all knowing and didnt just do it because they thought it happened though
good point though
I mean there are confirmed "Watchers" as the Angels and Bunnies seem to call themselves, and since there is a need for "watchers", (at least with Nozomu/HOPE), it could be assumed the gods are not actually all knowing, even if they claim to be.

Albeit, I do think they'd know about who Sensei is fucking. They seem a little obsessive when it comes to sex, and likely even get power from it. Could be wrong, though.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Btw, I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but In "The Scary Room" main event as the Wiki has noted:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, perhaps Maya's transformation has been triggered since The Scary Room?

Overall: Not entirely sure what this could mean, but it's probably bad.

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Btw, I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but In "The Scary Room" main event as the Wiki has noted:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, perhaps Maya's transformation has been triggered since The Scary Room?

Overall: Not entirely sure what this could mean, but it's probably bad.
"She's prettier when she's in the chair" feels like a callback to the Amiokay-in-the-contraption happy scene, and if Maya recognized it, would imply that her relationship with Akira was FAR more fucked up than I'd previously thought.

Reactions: DeSkel15

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
her relationship with Akira was FAR more fucked up than I'd previously thought
Well, I have a theory that they both set up all kumon-mi madness in some sort of satanic ritual and now suffer backfire. Not my favorite theory, but that what I call fucked up relationships

Reactions: DeSkel15
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes