Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
"But I don't want a healthy relationship. I want to fuck teenagers." - Sensei (probably)

Honestly, considering his apparent relationship with Maya before the resets... It could be worse. Chika better watch him..
I don't think she was exactly as young as wizard age back then but yeah...

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Maya might be the least sane of them all, all those years trapped in a loop would probably drive anybody nuts.
Actually, wouldn't be the years trapped in a loop make her insane? I do think she's only trying to keep her cool most of the time, but she's like a ticking bomb waiting to explode.

That is if Tsuneyo's assumption that she is just as flawed as Ami or everyone else aware of the loop.

Reactions: Riolol

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Chinami is canonicaly 5000 yo, it's not a crime!

By the way, a crazy theory rises: what if she knows she actualy 5000 yo because she aware of resets?

• Haha
Reactions: Riolol

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
"But I don't want a healthy relationship. I want to fuck teenagers." - Sensei (probably)

Honestly, considering his apparent relationship with Maya before the resets... It could be worse. Chika better watch him..
That’s what I thought as well when discussing her apartment plan, Tusbasa reminded Sensei not to ever look at Tsukasa the improper way and he immediately denied such possibility.

And I am like are you sure??? Aren’t you like, been there done that with a certain smol gurl :LOL:

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Chinami is canonicaly 5000 yo, it's not a crime!

By the way, a crazy theory rises: what if she knows she actualy 5000 yo because she aware of resets?
One thing I'm curious about is how long Chinami would have left if we're assuming the worst. Cause I remember her having a fever and it went away with the next reset.

Chika might not even meet Tsubasa if it weren't for her relationship with Sensei tbh, but assuming that Chika would eventually swallow her pride and take her to a better apartment even if she's not in a "relationship" with Sensei, then she'd probably have a chance to lead a normal life.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
And while i'm with you in regard to psycho Ami's behavior, she was never related to the term itself, was she? Or how do you come to refering her to that?
A few things, and some of them are theories, to be clear. The comparison is mostly metaphorical.

This Ami is not the real Ami. I'm fairly certain the real Ami died in the accident, and Akira is too blinded by grief to realize this. Either something else has taken her form, or something is possessing her.

During Life of Prizes, we get a lot of information about the cuckoo that doesn't go anywhere. Granted, we get a lot of information in this game in general that doesn't go anywhere (120 pages on coffee beans), but the specific information about cuckoos felt like it had a "this is important" tag to it. Specifically -- mother cuckoos in many breeds do not keep their own nests. They instead visit another bird's nest after their eggs have been laid while the mother is a way and lays one egg in it. Cuckoo's pre-incubate their eggs before laying them, so this egg will hatch before any of the the others, and after hatching, the chick will push all the other eggs out of the nest, relying upon the mother's maternal instincts to get all the nurturing and sustenance for itself.

How does this relate to Ami? Ami is doing everything she can to keep the nest (harem) empty, and depending upon Akira's instincts to protect and nurture the last little bit of Sekai left in the world.

So when i say she's a cuckoo, I don't mean she's literally one, just that she's a not-entirely-human entity acting in a similar manner to one.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Yeah I'm with you 100% on this. I don't really see any strong evidence suggesting that Ami hasn't been a total psycho the entire time and I see a ton of evidence that she's completely fucked in the head going all the way back to the earliest parts of the game.
I've been thinking about this too. Maybe she is aware of Akira "resetting" the same way every time, and has "pre-planned" her opening greeting scenario in the classroom over and over again like the intro to that game Prey (2017)

Reactions: Icez2567

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
She was at least 11 or younger. Noriko mentioned it had been almost 5 years since the tutoring:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and most students are around 15. I think Maya's actually one of the younger girls in class though.

Noriko also confirmed they had a fucked up relationship back then:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There's also the pictures of Maya that Sensei has.. and well, tbh, I doubt Sensei getting back his memories of then will go down well. It's probably why being with Maya breaks him.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
One thing I'm curious about is how long Chinami would have left if we're assuming the worst. Cause I remember her having a fever and it went away with the next reset.
We have meta information that there is Chinami ending so there is an easy answer: till the end of game.

(If "Our Time Atop This Mattress" Chinami flag does not matter :censored:)

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
That’s what I thought as well when discussing her apartment plan, Tusbasa reminded Sensei not to ever look at Tsukasa the improper way and he immediately denied such possibility.

And I am like are you sure??? Aren’t you like, been there done that with a certain smol gurl :LOL:
Technically, that was the "Original" Sensei, not "Current" Sensei, but yeah... here's hoping that Sensei's development doesn't revert when he regains certain memories.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
A few things, and some of them are theories, to be clear. The comparison is mostly metaphorical.

This Ami is not the real Ami. I'm fairly certain the real Ami died in the accident, and Akira is too blinded by grief to realize this. Either something else has taken her form, or something is possessing her.

During Life of Prizes, we get a lot of information about the cuckoo that doesn't go anywhere. Granted, we get a lot of information in this game in general that doesn't go anywhere (120 pages on coffee beans), but the specific information about cuckoos felt like it had a "this is important" tag to it. Specifically -- mother cuckoos in many breeds do not keep their own nests. They instead visit another bird's nest after their eggs have been laid while the mother is a way and lays one egg in it. Cuckoo's pre-incubate their eggs before laying them, so this egg will hatch before any of the the others, and after hatching, the chick will push all the other eggs out of the nest, relying upon the mother's maternal instincts to get all the nurturing and sustenance for itself.

How does this relate to Ami? Ami is doing everything she can to keep the nest (harem) empty, and depending upon Akira's instincts to protect and nurture the last little bit of Sekai left in the world.

So when i say she's a cuckoo, I don't mean she's literally one, just that she's a not-entirely-human entity acting in a similar manner to one.
I think if Ami died in the crash Niki and Noriko would know about it. The cuckoo thing could still work since she is not (as far as we know) Akira's child. It could be related to Nao possessing her.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
and most students are around 15. I think Maya's actually one of the younger girls in class though.
Wiki says that "Maya is currently the eighth youngest member of the cast". It is strange, because her birthday is in January

Edit: Nevermind, looks like I misunderstood japanese education system rules

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Wiki says that "Maya is currently the eighth youngest member of the cast". It is strange, because her birthday is in January
she was also 'tutored' and considered 'gifted'. skipped grades or tested out of a grade to be put in a higher one maybe
her being called a 'nerd' i think is a throwback habit from before the resets
cause she doesn't come across as one now

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
I barely googled and it looks like it is impossible until you spend two years in high school
in japan? cool, never even thought i would need to look it up, most places let you test out of something, probably just took it for granted
cool for double checking that (y)

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

Chika might not even meet Tsubasa if it weren't for her relationship with Sensei tbh, but assuming that Chika would eventually swallow her pride and take her to a better apartment even if she's not in a "relationship" with Sensei, then she'd probably have a chance to lead a normal life.
Chika has a rich sugar mommy (Tsubasa), and a rich princess as a friend (Tookie Tookie), now. Both of which are incredibly caring towards her. Chika and Chinami could likely live quite well, if Chika swallows her pride. I'm not sure if they could do much for Chinami's health, but they could definitely let her live a far safer and more fun life until the end.

Definitely hoping that Sensei eventually goes god mode and fixes Chinami up though. Same with the rest of the girls and their issues.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
in japan? cool, never even thought i would need to look it up, most places let you test out of something, probably just took it for granted
Japanese education system actualy looks incredibly good. I read about it few months ago and was quiet impressed

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes