DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
While I'm with you in here and understood Maya's words in the same way, it's not 100% confirmed that's how it is. For example, Todd being killed could hint that Psycho Ami has been going unleashed for a while now. It's not a contradiction since Ayane's been babbling about the loop since she survived the reset, maybe puttin Ami on alert. Still, it must be noted that this happened AFTER she confronted Ami about Akira and can't be discarded as a cause of triggering. If it was her obviously, Todd's dead is weird and seems the consecuence of a moment of rage rather than something planned since it wasn't followed with a threat letter to Ayane or something.

Now, I'm more interested in information Maya keep saving to herself. What happens to the girls attacked by Ami? Do they die and instantly go back to life? Are they revived after a reset if Sensei makes it thorugh? Are their memories rewritten? How many of them? Do they get scarred in some way? Because if nothing changes, what's the point?

Was Maya a target at least once? Odds are that she was with all the imagery of she being crucified and tortured. There's also confimation of Ami being jealous of her and not really buying her disdain for Sensei. And she was the culprit of trigering Ami many times. Why would she be spared then? Now again, if that happened, how did she survive with her memories and everything?

Maya know the answers to most of these if not all questions. No reason to being cryptic and leave us in the dark anymore.
I did say that Maya could be wrong. Still, it is 100% what Maya said. It's quite possible she could be wrong though, and it wouldn't be the first time.

The Todd thing doesn't really make much sense to be Psycho Ami as Maya knows her. I mean, why kill Ayane's chicken without her knowing, instead of Ayane herself? The way Maya framed Psycho Ami, she would apparently break and humiliate the girls themselves, and Sensei. There's also how Maya knew Todd was missing, but didn't seem to think it's a big deal or at least didn't go "did you tell Ami?". So, it's either something new that Psycho Ami could have done for some reason without changing Ami in a notable way, or one of the other handful of beings in the background got him.

Not to mention, Todd's been missing since after Ayane got to the roof and survived. Ayane confronting Ami about her and Sensei is optional, and it took place after Todd had already disappeared. I don't really think those two things correlate. There's also how Ayane accepts Ami and Sensei's relationship which would likely keep Psycho Ami at bay, anyway, instead of bringing her out even if she was triggered.

I do think Maya is hiding things, but I'm beginning to think it's not actually because she's "cryptic". I think much like The Shapeshifter, and the Narrator that was wondering if everyone is lying, Maya has to follow certain rules. Might even be an "Honorary Angel" like AmIOkay Maya is. It's also possible that Maya wanted Psycho Ami to awaken now. Out of everyone, Maya is the only one who has an idea of how to trigger her and how to get rid of her (considering Psycho Ami has come and gone and Maya witnessed it). Makoto telling Ami about the resets, after Maya told Makoto to text her questions she had, also seems odd. This coming up soon after Maya's trust had been questioned by Tsuneyo, and Makoto, who Maya doesn't seem to be a fan of, noticed the loops, also seems suspicious.

Maybe having Maya question her own memories is the trigger for Psycho Maya? Lmao. Overall: We'll have to wait and see before most things get answered. It's possible that Maya even made up the Psycho Ami stuff. Ami hasn't:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
anyone in this timeline yet. At least as far as has been revealed.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Maybe it's just strange lighting, but is that black hair? Was the nude part not all she was refering to? Did she also dyed her hair?
Ami hired Yumi as a prostitute back then. Sensei was too out of it to notice though. It's why Sensei would stare at Yumi in the detentions. He was trying to remember where he's seen her before.

For real, though, I think it's just Ami. Her hair seems to have darkened tips:
Could also be an implication that her hair wasn't that clean. I doubt Ami was taking that much care of herself at the time. Her parents had just died and she was only around 7. She also had a broken guardian that couldn't even take care of himself. It's not surprising she's a little deranged nowadays.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
It's also possible that Maya wanted Psycho Ami to awaken now. Out of everyone, Maya is the only one who has an idea of how to trigger her and how to get rid of her (considering Psycho Ami has come and gone and Maya witnessed it). Makoto telling Ami about the resets, after Maya told Makoto to text her questions she had, also seems odd. This coming up soon after Maya's trust had been questioned by Tsuneyo, and Makoto, who Maya doesn't seem to be a fan of, noticed the loops, also seems suspicious.
Really nice idea though. But even this would not helpme love her less

Reactions: rianzz

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I think much like The Shapeshifter, and the Narrator that was wondering if everyone is lying, Maya has to follow certain rules.
You're the only person who calls her the shapeshifter, for everyone else it's either Daisy or Himawari, so every time i read shapeshifter my brain stalls for a second as i think "wait, who's that?" before i remember. It's so jarring.
Could also be an implication that her hair wasn't that clean.
Whilst this is perfectly possible i can't really see it being easy to show with Koikatsu, nor can i see Selly putting in the effort to make it so if it is possible. Easy/obvious answer is the scene is just dark.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
You're the only person who calls her the shapeshifter, for everyone else it's either Daisy or Himawari, so every time i read shapeshifter my brain stalls for a second as i think "wait, who's that?" before i remember. It's so jarring.

Whilst this is perfectly possible i can't really see it being easy to show with Koikatsu, nor can i see Selly putting in the effort to make it so if it is possible. Easy/obvious answer is the scene is just dark.
I'm waiting for the game to actually confirm her name before I start calling her by something else. She's also the only confirmed Shapeshifter so it just fits for me. Much like Psycho Ami. That's not actually the name she has, but it fits in my opinion.

The easy answer tends to be boring, but yeah it could just be the lighting.

Reactions: JelF547

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, Mega Ami vs Real Ami vs Psycho Ami vs Mangled Ami vs Nao Ami vs Vylhana Ami.

Whose everyone's favorite Ami? Might as well add Amber Ami, Sekai dress Ami, Winter Ami, and Sailor Moon Ami, etc.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I'm waiting for the game to actually confirm her name before I start calling her by something else. She's also the only confirmed Shapeshifter so it just fits for me. Much like Psycho Ami. That's not actually the name she has, but it fits in my opinion.

The easy answer tends to be boring, but yeah it could just be the lighting.
Oh, you do you man, i'm not bitching, it just trips me up, the 'community' settled on Daisy so long ago i just have her entire person associated with that name, i still think of her as daisy instead of Himawari 90% of the time, same as Sensei/Akira being 90/10.

It might be boring but the thing is i am all about Occam's Razor and so unless there's some real ambiguity in something and no obvious as fuck explanation exists i'm pretty much always going to assume the boring answer. It's why i'm not good at the theorycrafting, i always err on the side of there being no deeper meaning to anything, especially since Selly is a human being and just as capable of doing the obvious and meaning the obvious as everyone else, there's typo's in the game and evidence of common blindspots we all have, in one of molly's scenes for example, she says 'the whole kitten caboodle' which, if that isn't what Selly thinks is the right way to say that, would have either Sensei calling it out and making fun of her, or at least thinking it in inner monologue text, something he does every other time one of the girls gets something wrong, neither happens so it's almost certainly a case of mishearing a common idiom, something we've all done.

I try to be the counter balance to the theorycrafting, you guys go really far out sometimes and i try to bring things back when i fear they've got way too far of into the deep end.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Oh, you do you man, i'm not bitching, it just trips me up, the 'community' settled on Daisy so long ago i just have her entire person associated with that name, i still think of her as daisy instead of Himawari 90% of the time, same as Sensei/Akira being 90/10.

It might be boring but the thing is i am all about Occam's Razor and so unless there's some real ambiguity in something and no obvious as fuck explanation exists i'm pretty much always going to assume the boring answer. It's why i'm not good at the theorycrafting, i always err on the side of there being no deeper meaning to anything, especially since Selly is a human being and just as capable of doing the obvious and meaning the obvious as everyone else, there's typo's in the game and evidence of common blindspots we all have, in one of molly's scenes for example, she says 'the whole kitten caboodle' which, if that isn't what Selly thinks is the right way to say that, would have either Sensei calling it out and making fun of her, or at least thinking it in inner monologue text, something he does every other time one of the girls gets something wrong, neither happens so it's almost certainly a case of mishearing a common idiom, something we've all done.

I try to be the counter balance to the theorycrafting, you guys go really far out sometimes and i try to bring things back when i fear they've got way too far of into the deep end.
Yeah, I tend to do me.

I don't really think Ami having oily hair is really theory crafting, though, anymore than everyone breathing air is. It's just an assumption based off what's given. If anything, assuming it's only because of the lighting is the theory here. Kind of a meta theory since it's taking into account the creator themselves. First that "Sensei is horny" and now "Selebus is too lazy". You're on a roll, mate.

As for me, I try to acknowledge everything simultaneously then compartmentalize them into either confirmed, likely, unlikely or contradicted. I'm more or less what you get if you fuse Maya, Nodoka, and Io, into one person. An abomination lmao

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
By the way, why Himawari?
Himawari means Sunflower in japanese, and I think Himawari shows up in Hexadecimal in the "Word of the day" main event. Same with Saki.

I think it's far more likely to be Himawari than Daisy, but as far as I know, there's no actual confirmed name for The Shapeshifter.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
As for me, I try to acknowledge everything simultaneously then compartmentalize them into either confirmed, likely, unlikely or contradicted. I'm more or less what you get if you fuse Maya, Nodoka, and Io, into one person. An abomination lmao
There is no fun. Best way to measure hypotesis strength is to make a prediction and check on it later. Or, if you are as lazy as me, just emerge good old meaningless talk. But what is the point of compartmentalization based on "how nice it looks"?

Obliviously I am not speaking about confirmed/contradicted hypotesis. It's just a knowlenge

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
By the way, why Himawari?
Himawari means Sunflower in japanese, and Himawari shows up in Hexadecimal in the "Word of the day" main event. Same with Saki.
Just to expand, sunflowers appear a lot, and the dress that Ami wears casually that bellonged to Sekai has a sunflower pattern so it's expeculated that they are Akira's favourite flower and so the prompt in "Untitled" to name her as your favourite flower would bring her name as Sunflower or Himawari, but it's expeculation up to this point.

Also I find it strange that Ayane would know Akira's favourite flower as it's heavily connected to Sekai and he gets loopy everytime something close to Sekai gets mentioned.

Reactions: DeSkel15

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Himawari means Sunflower in japanese, and I think Himawari shows up in Hexadecimal in the "Word of the day" main event. Same with Saki.

I think it's far more likely to be Himawari than Daisy, but as far as I know, there's no actual confirmed name for The Shapeshifter.
I still have no clue how it is logical. I mean, sunflowers are Sekai-related AF, and it is Sekai event, and that event has no relation to shapeshifter.

I have some feeling that Himawari is more "organic" name for shapeshifter than "Daisy" too, but Daisy was at least mentioned in the event she participates

Edit:
Just to expand, sunflowers appear a lot, and the dress that Ami wears casually that bellonged to Sekai has a sunflower pattern so it's expeculated that they are Akira's favourite flower and so the prompt in "Untitled" to name her as your favourite flower would bring her name as Sunflower or Himawari, but it's expeculation up to this point.
It actualy sounds a bit more logical. You know, in this game word "favorite" is synonim for "PLEASE TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME I BEG YOU"

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
There is no fun. Best way to measure hypotesis strength is to make a prediction and check on it later. Or, if you are as lazy as me, just emerge good old meaningless talk. But what is the point of compartmentalization based on "how nice it looks"?

Obliviously I am not speaking about confirmed/contradicted hypotesis. It's just a knowlenge
It's plenty of fun for me, and I was including personal predictions as well, into my compartmentalization, as well as the predictions of others.

For example, I both think Tsuneyo is a "Jesus", and that Maya is actually the one who created this world and is just living her own fucked up love story in her own way. However, both of them are more in the Unlikely file for now, until they gain more support.

As for the Ami thing alone, I consider both her hair being oily and the lighting as being the main factor in the Likely file.

To possibly sum up how I see things (in a likely confusing way):
If I must become a tree then so be it.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

Also I find it strange that Ayane would know Akira's favourite flower as it's heavily connected to Sekai and he gets loopy everytime something close to Sekai gets mentioned.
I still have no clue how it is logical. I mean, sunflowers are Sekai-related AF, and it is Sekai event, and that event has no relation to shapeshifter.

I have some feeling that Himawari is more "organic" name for shapeshifter than "Daisy" too, but Daisy was at least mentioned in the event she participates

Edit:

It actualy sounds a bit more logical. You know, in this game word "favorite" is synonim for "PLEASE TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME I BEG YOU"
Just to add onto this, it's possible that Sensei equates Sunflowers with Pussies. Hence why a Sunflower replaced "Teacher's" vagina before. There's also how vaginas tend to be compared to flowers, etc.

In other words: Sunflowers are related to Sensei's lust more so than simply Sekai. It's his favorite because it makes him think of Pussy. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

Reactions: derekthered56
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes