DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Didn't Maya say something like "Ami needs to believe Sensei loves her and is in love with her or she gets violent"? (I'll have to replay the scene to check) Seems to me like him ending up with anybody else could be a trigger.
Not quite. The resets trigger her, but anything that gets in the way of her perfect world afterwards makes her violent.

Maya explains it as the Resets are the seed, but everything afterwards just makes the change grow:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In otherwords: Real Ami is safe unless the resets get mentioned. Then she becomes Psycho Ami and then things can get dangerous.

Think The Hulk. Real Ami is Bruce Banner, but Psycho Ami is Hulk. Except instead of anger triggering the change, it's the knowledge of the resets. Then she just grows deadlier and deadlier when things don't go her way.

Last edited:

hth2m1

May 28, 2018
Not quite. The resets trigger her, but anything that gets in the way of her perfect world afterwards makes her violent.

Maya explains it as the Resets are the seed, but everything afterwards just makes the change grow:
In otherwords: Real Ami is safe unless the resets get mentioned. Then she becomes Psycho Ami and then things can get dangerous.

Think The Hulk. Real Ami is Bruce Banner, but Psycho Ami is Hulk. Except instead of anger triggering the change, it's the knowledge of the resets. Then she just grows deadlier and deadlier when things don't go her way.
I'm still not convinced the resets are required to trigger her change, that wording from Maya is pretty vague and still reads to me like she's saying anything challenging Ami's understanding of the world (I love Sensei, Sensei loves me and nobody else, I am the only thing he needs and he can't live without me) can push her over the edge. Because again remember, she's been acting pretty off for a WHILE now, and we have no reason to believe she's been aware of the resets that whole time. Stuff like the Noriko event, snapping at Haruka in a really uncomfortable way, etc. really read as the cracks starting to show and they had nothing to do with the resets.

Reactions: Icez2567

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I'm still not convinced the resets are required to trigger her change, that wording from Maya is pretty vague and still reads to me like she's saying anything challenging Ami's understanding of the world (I love Sensei, Sensei loves me and nobody else, I am the only thing he needs and he can't live without me) can push her over the edge. Because again remember, she's been acting pretty off for a WHILE now, and we have no reason to believe she's been aware of the resets that whole time. Stuff like the Noriko event, snapping at Haruka in a really uncomfortable way, etc. really read as the cracks starting to show and they had nothing to do with the resets.
Not really... She says Ami can't know "when we are. Because that's what changes her". It's rather blatant, and not vague at all. Why it changes her is vague though.

The stuff you're referring to is just Ami being Ami. She's obsessive, passive aggressive, and defensive when it comes to Sensei.

Psycho Ami probably would have anal raped Noriko to death in that closet, or something. Instead of just cucking her. Same with Haruka, etc.

Reactions: rianzz and Riolol

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I'm still not convinced Psycho Ami is even real (sorry Maya fans), Tsuneyo said Maya's memories might be faulty and then suggested she may be untrustworthy plus Noriko told Akira that Maya was a "really bad person" and there is also the way she has been treating Ayane since she became part of the resets. Seems to me like there is at least some groundwork for Psycho Maya, though I'll admit it doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

hth2m1

May 28, 2018
Not really... She says Ami can't know "when we are. Because that's what changes her". It's rather blatant, and not vague at all. Why it changes her is vague though.

The stuff you're referring to is just Ami being Ami. She's obsessive, passive aggressive, and defensive when it comes to Sensei.

Psycho Ami probably would have anal raped Noriko to death in that closet, or something. Instead of just cucking her. Same with Haruka, etc.
But you're ignoring the whole first part of Maya's explanation, when she explicitly says "the only thing preventing her from becoming violent is the illusion that she lives the perfect life". Like yes, learning about the resets will absolutely immediately flip the switch for her, but everything we've seen seems to indicate that she would also go off from anything that ruins her fantasy that she and Akira are perfectly happy together and devoted to each other. Yeah, she probably would have done something extreme to Noriko or Haruka if she caught them in the act, but she didn't so instead she just very clearly implied to Akira that if he's lying to her and she finds out she's going to become violent.

I'm still not convinced Psycho Ami is even real (sorry Maya fans), Tsuneyo said Maya's memories might be faulty and then suggested she may be untrustworthy plus Noriko told Akira that Maya was a "really bad person" and there is also the way she has been treating Ayane since she became part of the resets. Seems to me like there is at least some groundwork for Psycho Maya, though I'll admit it doesn't quite have the same ring to it.
I am also not convinced psycho Ami is real, but not in the same way you are. I think Maya is fooling herself that the violent Ami isn't the real one because she is incapable of not loving Ami and seeing her as perfect (possibly due to her relationship with the world/gods/whoever is actually responsible for creating the loops). I think psycho Ami is just Ami when she stops pretending.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
But you're ignoring the whole first part of Maya's explanation, when she explicitly says "the only thing preventing her from becoming violent is the illusion that she lives the perfect life". Like yes, learning about the resets will absolutely immediately flip the switch for her, but everything we've seen seems to indicate that she would also go off from anything that ruins her fantasy that she and Akira are perfectly happy together and devoted to each other. Yeah, she probably would have done something extreme to Noriko or Haruka if she caught them in the act, but she didn't so instead she just very clearly implied to Akira that if he's lying to her and she finds out she's going to become violent.
That wasn't the first part. This was the first part:
You're only acknowledging the words that fit how you want to see things, tbh. While ignoring the beginning and the end of what Maya is saying, which both note it's the resets that are responsible.

To be frank, Psycho Ami and Real Ami seem to be more or less separate beings that share the same body.

This is also likely why Ami has noted:
In the bonus Ami event.

It's possible Real Ami is even being possessed by Psycho Ami at the moment.

hth2m1

May 28, 2018
That wasn't the first part. This was the first part:
You're only acknowledging the words that fit how you want to see things, tbh. While ignoring the beginning and the end of what Maya is saying, which both note it's the resets that are responsible.

To be frank, Psycho Ami and Real Ami seem to be more or less separate beings that share the same body.

This is also likely why Ami has noted:
In the bonus Ami event.

It's possible Real Ami is even being possessed by Psycho Ami at the moment.
I'm not ignoring things that don't fit what I'm saying I'm just saying that while Maya seems to be convinced the resets are to blame for Ami going crazy, she's also saying things (and past events also support) that indicate it's not JUST the resets that set her off. A thing that's been coming up more and more often recently is the implication that Maya's memories aren't any more trustworthy than anyone else's, and that despite her thinking she knows the way the world works better than anyone else she can be and has been wrong about things, if anything her confidence in her understanding of things tends to make her blind to certain things that others can see with a fresh perspective.

I didn't mean to imply that was the first thing Maya said, that was poorly worded on my part, I just meant she said that during the first part of her explanation. Basically what I'm getting at is that Maya's explanation is contradictory, so even if she explicitly says that the resets are the cause I don't necessarily believe her.

As for whether psycho Ami is a different person/entity, split personalities, or whatever, I'll freely admit I don't think I know anything for sure, but I do think that even if it's not the "real" Ami, I think it's the version of Ami that we've been interacting with for most of the game at this point, even when she's seemingly acting normal.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I'm not ignoring things that don't fit what I'm saying I'm just saying that while Maya seems to be convinced the resets are to blame for Ami going crazy, she's also saying things (and past events also support) that indicate it's not JUST the resets that set her off. A thing that's been coming up more and more often recently is the implication that Maya's memories aren't any more trustworthy than anyone else's, and that despite her thinking she knows the way the world works better than anyone else she can be and has been wrong about things, if anything her confidence in her understanding of things tends to make her blind to certain things that others can see with a fresh perspective.

I didn't mean to imply that was the first thing Maya said, that was poorly worded on my part, I just meant she said that during the first part of her explanation. Basically what I'm getting at is that Maya's explanation is contradictory, so even if she explicitly says that the resets are the cause I don't necessarily believe her.

As for whether psycho Ami is a different person/entity, split personalities, or whatever, I'll freely admit I don't think I know anything for sure, but I do think that even if it's not the "real" Ami, I think it's the version of Ami that we've been interacting with for most of the game at this point, even when she's seemingly acting normal.
Nothing has actually indicated it's anything except the resets that triggered Ami though. You're just misinterpretating what Maya is saying by focusing on the middle of her explanation. It's only contradictory if you do that.

She's referring to Psycho Ami when she's talking about the violent and illusion stuff. Not Real Ami. It's why it comes after she already mentioned the trigger. It's also why she specifically notes knowing when they are is what changes Ami at the end. Everything that comes afterwards just makes the change grow.

As for Maya's memories, yeah it's reasonable to consider that what she thinks she knows is false. It's quite possible that Psycho Ami never actually did anything that Maya said she did, or even existed. That doesn't change what she's actually said though.

Also, it's possible we've ran into Psycho Ami before or at least glimpses of it. Personally, I think that Mangled/Happy/Memory Ami that shows up in resets is Psycho Ami's "true" form. However, the version that Maya refers to, seems to only occur when the resets are mentioned to Ami according to Maya. That version also seems to be completely uncaring, and even murderous towards Sensei. Meanwhile the Ami we know has done things like held Maya while she cried, and helped Makoto grieve. She's also optionally been rejected by Sensei, and hasn't killed him, so I doubt she's just been secretly Psycho Ami this whole time. Doesn't really fit the whole "dangerous" aspect that Maya tried to sell.

From here on out though, I can see Psycho Ami pretending to not be, well, Psycho.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

er3z

May 14, 2022
this is my first comment so tell me if i did anything wrong, but i have some questions

first of all, about missed events, i know that there is a "good uncle" and "bad uncle" routes, is not missing all the events the good uncle or bad one? I'm only in the third reset but i still want to see the events that play if you miss any requirements\ pick a different choice, but i dont want to do what i did with rin and manually play the event from the console since i didn't find any savefile that's up to date.

I also tried joining the Discord server again after i left last time to check if maybe there is some sort of FAQ and it says that I'm "unable to accept invite" did i get banned? lol I'm pretty sure i quit the server on my own but maybe they banned me after that for some reason?

edited to say that this is apparently not my first comment, and also that i have a better cheat mode to be able to set the stat per girl and also round everyone up to the nearest multiple of 5 so if anyone wants ill upload it

Last edited:

Vidaura

Jan 30, 2020
I also tried joining the Discord server again after i left last time to check if maybe there is some sort of FAQ and it says that I'm "unable to accept invite" did i get banned? lol I'm pretty sure i quit the server on my own but maybe they banned me after that for some reason?

edited to say that this is apparently not my first comment, and also that i have a better cheat mode to be able to set the stat per girl and also round everyone up to the nearest multiple of 5 so if anyone wants ill upload it
Is your account phone-verified? The discord requires it, and you can get that message if you don't have it.

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
Lots of text and lots of good points.
My theory is that Ami has always been psychotic. The grief of losing both her parents combined with whatever the second incident is, then immediately after that having to take care of her mentally absent uncle (and possibly sexually abused by Akira while he was out of it, since he has a track record of doing that when he's brain dead, and she looks a lot like Sekai) broke her, just in a different way. I think if we were outside of the loops, she would still become homicidal, just at a much slower rate. If he got back with Niki or hooked up with Sara or any other girl, she'd probably be able to hold it together for a few years before she snapped and did something crazy. She still wants her future with Akira after all, so she'd have to get rid of them carefully. But when Ami learns of the resets, she has no reason to hold back anymore. There are no more permanent consequences for murder or torture. She can make examples of the other girls, and she can repeatedly break Akira without any permanent consequence until she gets the one who loves her and only her.

Last edited:

Vidaura

Jan 30, 2020
In regards to the ongoing best girl debates:

1) Makoto: I love basically everything about her. Her getting more compliments and appreciation from Sensei lately (which she deserves ten times over) has made me very happy. Her becoming a prospective member of the apocalypse squad has made me ecstatic.
2) Ayane: I love her cheerful personality and how she's basically less-insane Ami. Rockstar at the beginning of Ch3 and very nearly eclipsed Makoto in my ranking.
3) Futaba: Such a sweet and gentle girl. Deserves more hugs.
Honorable mentions: Yumi, Noriko, and Chika

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
My theory is that Ami has always been psychotic. The grief of losing both her parents combined with whatever the second incident is, then immediately after that having to take care of her mentally absent uncle (and possibly sexually abused by Akira while he was out of it, since he has a track record of doing that and she looks a lot like Sekai) broke her, just in a different way. I think if we were outside of the loops, she would still become homicidal, just at a much slower rate. If he got back with Niki or hooked up with Sara or any other girl, she'd probably be able to hold it together for a few years before she snapped and did something crazy. She still wants her future with Akira after all, so she'd have to get rid of them carefully. But when Ami learns of the resets, she has no reason to hold back anymore. There are no more permanent consequences for murder or torture. She can make examples of the other girls, and she can repeatedly break Akira without any permanent consequence until she gets the one who loves her and only her.
that or the fact OTHER people learning of the resets means Ami is starting to lose control of the world she created for akira and has to reassert her control (dominance) over the other girls
"this is MY world, I MADE it for HIM, you think you have any right to be happy, any right to CHANGE IT!" - ami ranting in the future... maybe.
edit:
the girls are basically running on a script and general expected behavior till they realize its not real
they are essentially controllable till they realize they are trapped inside a box and then want out

Last edited:

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
this is my first comment so tell me if i did anything wrong, but i have some questions

first of all, about missed events, i know that there is a "good uncle" and "bad uncle" routes, is not missing all the events the good uncle or bad one? I'm only in the third reset but i still want to see the events that play if you miss any requirements\ pick a different choice, but i dont want to do what i did with rin and manually play the event from the console since i didn't find any savefile that's up to date.

The "good/bad uncle" routes are all about Ami, if you choose to "finger your niece" or not: good uncle didn't finger the niece, bad uncle did; the rest of the missed scenes doesn't seen to impact the story too much for now, from the top of my head you mostly miss Yumi fingering herself on the Nodoka event, cat girl sex with Maki and Haruka and conforting Rin after her confession, could be wrong.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021

Not missing = having to fuck your niece = bad uncle (though ppl here would say tending to your niece's need is the good uncle but that's beside the point)

For replaying events to see slight dialogue variations based on player choices, I'd say use URM so that you can easily switch between routes and view all of them.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Pervyfox
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes