KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Black Souls ptsd intensifies:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
majora's mask ptsd intensifies:
the original game where you re-live the same set of time and then reset while fucking around with everyones interpersonal relationships till you get what you want while killing off 4 gods before taking on the final boss and freeing everyone from the eternal loop while going through an identity crisis with a moon that just gets bigger everytime you look at it... while collecting masks (maya is link)

your face when you realize LiL is just a majora's mask remake/rewrite and nintendo is going to sue

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
majora's mask ptsd intensifies:
You know what? Fair enough. That is one creepy ass moon thing:

The trope probably comes from various superstitions as well as because of things the Moon tends to symbolize such as beauty and eternity. Not to mention, the moon is a god/goddess, the home of a princess, a source of magic and illusions, full of aliens, or made out of cheese, depending on who you ask.

There's also a phobia about the moon known as (moonophobia) Selenophobia.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
while collecting masks (maya is link)

your face when you realize LiL is just a majora's mask remake/rewrite and nintendo is going to sue
"maya is link" lmao, guess that makes Sensei = Zelda.

Never actually played any LoZ so not entirely sure what's going on in that one lol.

Reactions: JelF547

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
"maya is link" lmao, guess that makes Sensei = Zelda.

Never actually played any LoZ so not entirely sure what's going on in that one lol.
zelda wasn't in majora's mask, sensei can be... idk the happy mask salesman, or tingle, they are massive creeps
its the only one where I think link didn't have a love interest/"childhood friend"

Last edited:
Reactions: DeSkel15

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Wait, why is it a Legend of Zelda if there's no Zelda? Eh, whatever.

Now I'm wondering if Maya played that game in universe. May have inspired her to collect masks.
for majora's mask and several others it was a marketing decision, they didnt think consumers would recognize the game as part of the series unless they put it in as part of the title, zelda isn't in every game
it was also the first direct sequel in the franchise (to orcarina of time which did have zelda in it) and technically... zelda is in this one as a flashback in the opening credits and thats it
almost all the games function on the premise of the hero's and villians reincarnate every thousand of years or so between games allowing for massive changes in landscape and locations and such. in addition to a broken multiverse spawning from the actions of link in orcarina of time

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
for majora's mask and several others it was a marketing decision, they didnt think consumers would recognize the game as part of the series unless they put it in as part of the title, zelda isn't in every game
Figured, I definitely wouldn't have recognized it when instead of saving a princess in a castle there's now mask things going on.

Reactions: KnowNoHope

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
zelda wasn't in majora's mask, sensei can be... idk the happy mask salesman, or tingle, they are massive creeps
its the only one where I think link didn't have a love interest/"childhood friend"
Just realized, this is how I see Sensei:

This is how you see him:
Lmao.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Those girls are too old for a PEDO Bear.

That reminds me--many years ago, I interviewed for a contractor position at Facebook, in HR. I was surprised to see a Pedo Bear plush at one HR employee's desk. I may have been the only one who recognized it, if my memory of her response was accurate.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
I feel like the new portraits looks a bit better. The old ones looks random and some of them have lower quality, and the new ones capture the girl's personality better, for example new Yumi and Sana portraits shows their character a lot better than old ones.
I don't know why do you think so, but old portaits defenitly were more recognizable. Like, look at Rin, how much do you see her in that hat in game? Same with Maya and Miku. I double sure that portraits should at least change each chapter, because characters and their personality you mentioned actualy change across the game. Even beter if they would change when profile outfit is changed

Last edited:

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
I don't know why do you think so, but old portaits defenitly were more recognizable. Like, look at Rin, how much do you see her in that hat in game? Same with Maya and Miku. I double sure that portraits should at least change each chapter, because characters and their personality you mentioned actualy change across the game. Even beter if they would change when profile outfit is changed
2 big reasons why the old portraits are worse than the new ones:
- The old portraits are wildly inconsistent, some of them are shot in the dark, some have weird lighting like Sana's portrait, Ayane and Ami are naked for some reason, Rin is crying in her portrait which is a big spoiler for someone new to the game, etc...
- Some of the new ones are more expressive of their personalities, not all but Maya and Miku are actually the 2 best examples. Sure we don't often see Maya in her shrine outfit but the outfit + blank stare in the new portrait expresses Maya's mysterious stoic vibe way better, compared to the old one which is just a random shot of Maya in the maid cafe. Same thing with Miku, the new one shows her energetic + athletic personality and the old one just looks like a random Koi character...

Also character growth and personality are two different things and character growth shouldn't affect personality most of the time. For example Ayane and Molly now are more mature, but still the same person and their portrait fits them in Chapter 3 as much as in Chapter 1. Changing profile pic between chapters would be a nice thing but not necessary. Between the weird rants and drms, Sel has already wasted enough time on dumb shit and I'd rather have him spending more time on the story

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Just look how awesome portraits was. Why Did Sel changed them? View attachment 2698914
Why do I remember this menu?!?! Is this what people called false memory?!?! :ROFLMAO:
Now I can look at the old and the current menu in parallel, the one we have now seems to be more onto "Sensei's first impression of this girl" aside from just being his students. If not, at least a certain part of this girl that is most memorable or most different from other girls to him; this probably ties to the fact that he is spawned into Kumon-mi.

But I like the idea of changing portraits from time to time when appropriate to subtly reflect character status or progression (I think this would be most applicable when certain girls go unreachable due to story reasons, girls like Rin, Molly, or Noriko)

some examples that come to mind:

But this kind of attention to details probably won't ever happen as it's hard to notice, it might contain spoilers, and it needs to be changed back and forth constantly.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
2 big reasons why the old portraits are worse than the new ones:
- The old portraits are wildly inconsistent, some of them are shot in the dark, some have weird lighting like Sana's portrait, Ayane and Ami are naked for some reason, Rin is crying in her portrait which is a big spoiler for someone new to the game, etc...
- Some of the new ones are more expressive of their personalities, not all but Maya and Miku are actually the 2 best examples. Sure we don't often see Maya in her shrine outfit but the outfit + blank stare in the new portrait expresses Maya's mysterious stoic vibe way better, compared to the old one which is just a random shot of Maya in the maid cafe. Same thing with Miku, the new one shows her energetic + athletic personality and the old one just looks like a random Koi character...

Also character growth and personality are two different things and character growth shouldn't affect personality most of the time. For example Ayane and Molly now are more mature, but still the same person and their portrait fits them in Chapter 3 as much as in Chapter 1. Changing profile pic between chapters would be a nice thing but not necessary. Between the weird rants and drms, Sel has already wasted enough time on dumb shit and I'd rather have him spending more time on the story
Well, although I agree with all that you have said, main purpose of that menu is character selection. It is barely used for aestetic purposes, it's function is to navigate you into character pages. And this is why new menu sometimes pisses me off.

But this kind of attention to details probably won't ever happen as it's hard to notice, it might contain spoilers, and it needs to be changed back and forth constantly.
Yep, this is exactly why i'd love it to be synchronized with profile outfit selection. If you don't mind, nothing changes. If you want to deal with something that helps you of all people recognize character realy fast, you may choose. And character outfits are already spoiler-free because there have their requiements. Win-win.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Well, although I agree with all that you have said, main purpose of that menu is character selection. It is barely used for aestetic purposes, it's function is to navigate you into character pages. And this is why new menu sometimes pisses me off.
It actualy reminds me of problem Blizzard faced when they remastered Warcraft III. Almost no one prefer new fancy graphics because it's harder to distinguish different units and understand what's going on. Functionality > Aestetic

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
some examples that come to mind
By the way, it's quiet easy to mod them because since chapter 2 this states are controled by single flag. And I already know all "Broken" girls conditions from first chapter including hard to notice Miku breakdown between "Nightvision" and "You and Me and the Night"

I can make this mod if you are interested. If you are even willing to participate, we can create chat here

Reactions: fdsasdf_p
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes