PapaSurf

Apr 17, 2020
Well I put some LiL character cards in Koikatsu and got with some of my favorite characters from the story and rather than it being nice it instead felt wrong. Like these characters feel developed enough that I felt like I was taking advantage of their likeness :cry: would not recommend

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
I'm not sure how others feel about it, but I still feel, not exactly creeped out, but definitely concerned by the 'Good boy' Happy Event:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just the whole thing is disturbing.

Whether it's what's shown like the roaches or Sekai's creepy smile, or what's implied with Sekai apparently molesting an injured Sensei after offering him a "piggyback" ride, and getting his blood in her hair. Then it's followed up by the Long Maya and Moyo stuff who ask questions like effed up therapists.

I think the only reason I find the Molly stuff more uncomfortable is that I know it's far too late to worry about what Sekai might do. The damage is done.
It was an event that solidified the parallels between Sara and Sensei in my mind.

Both were molested by their teachers;
Both were introduced pretty early in their lives to sexual stuff;
Both had difficult household circumstances;
Both had (have) severe self-esteem issues;
Both suffer from psychosis/hallucinations;
Both have high libido;
Possibly Sara and Sensei are related through Nozomu;
Among other things.

Honestly, the event's game show had a weird emphasis on Sensei's relationship with Sara, where the Mayas were seemingly probing him on behalf of someone. There, Sensei got asked about his thoughts on this relationship; and where it might be going. Also, the fact she was instantly
profoundly attracted to him is slightly intriguing.
The fact that I remember someone mentioning Selebus was very excited to write Sara's purity route, indicates she might have a greater impact in the story than previously thought, despite being a side character (something she even talks about, if I'm not mistaken. Mentioning she's a side character and something else). Also, two of her "themes", the normal and the happy / altered, are "sidecharacter" and "maincharacter" respectively.

All in all, a pretty interesting event and one of my favorite ones.

One thing to note as well, she and Sana were present in Lamb Legs.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
It was an event that solidified the parallels between Sara and Sensei in my mind.

Both have high libido;
Among other things.

Honestly, the event's game show had a weird emphasis on Sensei's relationship with Sara, where the Mayas were seemingly probing him on behalf of someone. There, Sensei got asked about his thoughts on this relationship; and where it might be going. Also, the fact she was instantly
The fact that I remember someone mentioning Selebus was very excited to write Sara's purity route, indicates she might have a greater impact in the story than previously thought, despite being a side character (something she even talks about, if I'm not mistaken. Mentioning she's a side character and something else). Also, two of her "themes", the normal and the happy / altered, are "sidecharacter" and "maincharacter" respectively.

Man reading all of this made me realize that Sara might be one of the characters who has ulterior motives. Or maybe when she blacks out Nozomu makes her do dirty work for him or something like that. Maybe all of the angels are just normal people who blacked out.

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
Well I put some LiL character cards in Koikatsu and got with some of my favorite characters from the story and rather than it being nice it instead felt wrong. Like these characters feel developed enough that I felt like I was taking advantage of their likeness :cry: would not recommend
Thankfully, my love of Imani in scandalous situations removes any guilt I may have felt.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

Both have high libido;
Among other things.

I definitely think Sara is far more important than the game wants to make clear, especially after 'Goodnight':
It seemed like the 1st (The light) god and the 2nd (The dark) god are talking to her together there.

Later on she seems implied to be some sort of winged angel thing:
after the 3rd god (Pareidolia) helped Sana, in 'Ad Infinitum'

An angel thing like that, shows up with Nao in 'Mother's Milk':
and I think Sara and Maya both show up in 'Mother's Milk':

I'm also thinking Sara is one of the other guests that shows up on the Untitled show:

Of course, there's also how she shows up in 'Lamb Legs', which was apparently a weekly thing for her:

So, I'm not entirely sure what's going on with her, but it seems important.

Last edited:

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
[/SPOILER]and I think Sara and Maya both show up in 'Mother's Milk':
Nice catch. That looks like teen Sara from behind, indeed. Interesting choice, not current Sara, but teen Sara... that definitely holds some significance.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Lol, the day Selly is satisfied with the amount of supporters he has is the day pigs fly. Also, i laid out how new pirates will have next to no trouble in the vast majority of cases but you just side stepped that as though it wasn't 95% of my point about how it's no tangible victory. As i said before, the group most affected by this pyrrhic 'victory' contains most if not all potential new supporters so it's also a hilarious example of an own goal. The pirates will do just fine.

Dude, i've been here for a very long time now, i know why they exist, my point was they're annoying because they're not worth it, if they were then i wouldn't find it annoying to have randoms regularly rockin up asking how to subvert the DRM.

It's good to see you again Alex, watching you do mental gymnastics has always been entertaining and i'm looking forward to the ones you'll do in response to this post too. :)
I never said he would be satisfied, what I said was new blood is unnecessary and even detrimental to his ability to work on subscriber benefits and the game due to the time required to do the work for the former increasing with each individual who subscribes from this point forward. When it comes to piracy, a thing that it is impossible to eliminate entirely, any amount is a tangible victory for the ones fighting it. Where it would not be tangible is if there was a way to stop it, then tangible victory could only be obtained by doing exactly that, ending the piracy entirely. In terms of LiL, a tangible victory in a situation where piracy could actually be stopped entirely would be for every player to either be paying or waiting two weeks for free.

Been here basically since day one of this thread, was even a pirate of the game myself up to 0.8.0, when I stopped pirating it. Yes, they aren't worth it because they are a minor form of compensation to try and bring back some benefit to subscribing that does not compare to the original benefits lost to the leaks. As much as he has attempted to bring back enough benefit to compensate for what was lost, that simply isn't possible as the benefit of early access is inherently more valuable. If he made the packages to a standard that was worth the same value as the lost early access, he wouldn't have time left in some other aspect, sacrifices would need to be made either in the requests, in the game's development, or in his own personal time. The DRM would subsequently also not be a problem if the packages had never been necessary to attempt to compensate for the leaks and had themselves not been.

You can probably see the cycle already, at least I hope so. Sel puts LiL out, LiL gets leaked at decreasing intervals that fail to reach the free two week wait period he has graciously allowed since day one, subscribers lose their early access. Sel tries to make extra content free of extra charge to compensate for the subscribers not getting their early access, the extra content gets leaked, the subscribers lose their exclusive free access to the extra content. Sel gets understandably upset and, seeing a third attempt at giving subscribers back their benefits would now be textbook insanity (attempting the same thing repeatedly with the hope of different results, adding more benefits is the same thing he has already tried), implements drastic measures that do things that should not be done.

I think one of the big reasons why there are not more subscribers, is because this game is completely unplayable without progression mod, which updates with public release.
Wow - I guess I just imagined playing it without the mod.
As did I, apparently I am seeing things when I find myself with a complete save of my own making. A mod is unnecessary, only paying close attention is needed and, at worst, taking notes. Every word, every little detail, is important in some way. If a mod was necessary, nobody would have gotten anywhere even in the early days with the part where you are alone and going around points in town. I got through that just fine and have never used a mod or walkthrough for this game nor did I have the extensive notes I do now.

There have been multiple times I have had to restart according to my own play rules (anything red is game over), all of them were my own doing trying to answer how I would instead of answering how Sensei would, particularly that one question asked by Karin stands out.

Reactions: hcguy

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
Here's something I thought was very interesting: Sensei says a lot of gibberish when he is broken but I don't recall him being able to predict the future (Nodoka's theme was playing in this scene). There were also a lot of 4th wall breaks from Sensei in Chapter 1 but it slowly stopped. Now he only says this world was made for him. I wonder if all the 4th wall scenes should be taken seriously.
screenshot0056.png

CrocosaurHex

Jul 18, 2023
Hello friends. This game really hooked me and influenced me, and I decided to improve it... Improve it a lot... Remake)) For several months I have been developing a complete remake of this game on a completely different engine. I want to make the best version of this game. And today I would like to share with you, with the community, some of my developments. Teasers, if I may say so. It is very important for me to hear your opinion, your criticism, suggestions, ideas, whatever... I have a lot of ideas that I'm going to implement to improve your gaming experience. And if you like it, I will soon share all this with you. I hope you enjoy my work. P.S. Do not pay attention to inconsistencies in names, groups, avatars, content, dialogs. For now, it's just a design.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Hello friends. This game really hooked me and influenced me, and I decided to improve it... Improve it a lot... Remake)) For several months I have been developing a complete remake of this game on a completely different engine. I want to make the best version of this game. And today I would like to share with you, with the community, some of my developments. Teasers, if I may say so. It is very important for me to hear your opinion, your criticism, suggestions, ideas, whatever... I have a lot of ideas that I'm going to implement to improve your gaming experience. And if you like it, I will soon share all this with you. I hope you enjoy my work. P.S. Do not pay attention to inconsistencies in names, groups, avatars, content, dialogs. For now, it's just a design.
Well, to break the grindy nature of the game increasing affection and lust gains to 5 or 10 per event would do fine, a hint system for the puzzles that shows what events have the answers is fine, and decreasing the headpat mark from 500 to around 100.

Maybe cut the luminescense of the colors in the text box a little, it kinda hurts the eyes especially if you read it with the lights off. I think more matte and solid colors are easier to read and don't hurt the eyes as much.

Including a translation for all the hexcode/japanese/binary and other coded stuff because this is a game not homework, what kind of player would be bored enough to try searching for it on google, especially the japanese script that you can't simply copy paste from the game. Maybe a toggle to translate so if the player wants to search for themselves instead of having it easilly acessible they can.

CrocosaurHex

Jul 18, 2023
Well, to break the grindy nature of the game increasing affection and lust gains to 5 or 10 per event would do fine, a hint system for the puzzles that shows what events have the answers is fine, and decreasing the headpat mark from 500 to around 100.

Maybe cut the luminescense of the colors in the text box a little, it kinda hurts the eyes especially if you read it with the lights off. I think more matte and solid colors are easier to read and don't hurt the eyes as much.

Including a translation for all the hexcode/japanese/binary and other coded stuff because this is a game not homework, what kind of player would be bored enough to try searching for it on google, especially the japanese script that you can't simply copy paste from the game. Maybe a toggle to translate so if the player wants to search for themselves instead of having it easilly acessible they can.
Thanks for your feedback!

As for the grind points, I plan to make a difficulty level. At an easier level, there will be less grinding. Everyone can customize this for themselves.

Hints will also be implemented this way. In the event tracker (shown in one of the screenshots), you can see the status of the event, all the conditions necessary for it to start or skip, and what needs to be done to start the event. It is also planned to introduce contextual hints. For example, when an event starts, the player will be warned that passing it at the moment will entail skipping some events in the future. Choice options in events will also be highlighted. The player will know what choice to make in order not to miss some events in the future. Decryption of codes is also in the plans. There will be a button on the dialog panel. It will appear when the encrypted text is on the screen. And of course, clues for puzzles. I agree that this is an extremely necessary thing. It should be clarified that this guide mod will be optional. If the player doesn't want hints, they can turn it off.

Regarding colors, I also see imperfections in my work. Yes, a dark theme is planned, but work with color will also continue. Thanks again for your detailed feedback, it means a lot to me!

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Here's something I thought was very interesting: Sensei says a lot of gibberish when he is broken but I don't recall him being able to predict the future (Nodoka's theme was playing in this scene). There were also a lot of 4th wall breaks from Sensei in Chapter 1 but it slowly stopped. Now he only says this world was made for him. I wonder if all the 4th wall scenes should be taken seriously.
View attachment 2780800
Nah I'd say this isn't Sensei having some protag powers that predict future or break causality. Sure Nodoka is someone quite unique, but I mostly think of these as Selly trying to be a smartass (which I don't mind for the most part); but often time I also think of these as "glitchy Kumon-mi not loading properly", which leads to Sensei temporarily thinking/saying/seeing things he wasn't supposed to until later.

One example that comes to mind is Torrential Downpour. Child of Man., where Sensei "predicts" Chika showing up at the ramen shop. Regardless, the seriousness of these moments for me just aren't there to really mean something.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes