ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
i do indeed. the error i get is

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/script.rpy", line 1: expected statement.
    79 6F 75 20 77 6F 75 6C 64 6E 27 74 20 64 6F 77 6E 6C 6F 61 64 20 61 20 63 61 72 2E 2E 2E
Translating the Hexadecimal code suggests you got hit with the DRM wiping your saves. Did you download and add the care packages to the game from here without clearing the DRM as instructed in the OP? Also the DRM wipe needs to be done after every update.

FYI the Hexadecimal code translates as 'you wouldn't download a car...'

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
There's also stuff like Noriko implying she was tutored since she was 6
She couldn't have been tutored since six, since Sensei left Niki ~eight years ago, when Noriko was 8-9. Which, well, doesn't leave a lot of time for Noriko to be accepted back into Sensei's life, spend some time being tutored mostly on her own, then have Maya appear, them and Sensei spending time together and the disappearance if said disappearance happened almost five years ago.

Still, it's something to consider.

Mori Enjoyer

Apr 7, 2023
Anyone know why Sensei's brother would be mad at Sensei for exclaiming this? Seems like Ami was old enough or that it left enough impressions at the time for her to bring it up. This from Chapter 1 Event;

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Can't really think up of anything other than googling "symbolism and meaning of Cherry Blossoms." Seems like a weird thing to get 'really angry' about. Nozomu (his name?) and Sekai were both 'married/together' and that the age gap was pretty huge (i think?) between Sekai and Sensei to when she started doing her funny business with Sensei. Is it an immature thing to get angry about? Jealousy? Or just information eventually gonna be revealed?

I don't really want to assume anything like Nozomu had a feeling of him being cucked by his younger brother or something else entirely. I guess the other thing being the choice of wording on Ami's side and just me having tunnel vision to a piece of dialogue with not that much significance.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
She couldn't have been tutored since six, since Sensei left Niki ~eight years ago, when Noriko was 8-9. Which, well, doesn't leave a lot of time for Noriko to be accepted back into Sensei's life, spend some time being tutored mostly on her own, then have Maya appear, them and Sensei spending time together and the disappearance if said disappearance happened almost five years ago.

Still, it's something to consider.
Not necessarily. The accident isn't exactly 8 years ago. Niki said last 8 years:
and recently seemed to compare it to almost a decade:
So, It's likely close to 9 years ago. (It'd explain why Ami was apparently seven):
We don't have an actual date for the accident, even if I do think it's likely the day they visit the graves, or a date where he actually ghosted Niki.

Then there's how Noriko has likely recently became 16, and could have been close to 7 when she was actually tutored. Still, technically 6 though.

We aren't given specific dates for the tutoring (like most things), so the time period is hard to place.

We're also not explicitly told Sensei was a tutor only after the accident or after leaving Niki, as far as I can recall, so he could have started tutoring Noriko just before the accident happened, then resumed it after a break. Based off how Niki was the one who told her family about Sensei's tutoring:
It seems to be a thing he was doing before he started ghosting her.

Also Noriko didn't really need to be accepted back into Sensei's life. Like she said:
In theory, the accident actually brought them closer together soon after it separated him from her sister. Then a short time later, Maya showed up.

Of course, this is all estimation. The actual timeline for these events is purposely murky, and a lot happened.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Anyone know why Sensei's brother would be mad at Sensei for exclaiming this? Seems like Ami was old enough or that it left enough impressions at the time for her to bring it up. This from Chapter 1 Event;

Can't really think up of anything other than googling "symbolism and meaning of Cherry Blossoms." Seems like a weird thing to get 'really angry' about. Nozomu (his name?) and Sekai were both 'married/together' and that the age gap was pretty huge (i think?) between Sekai and Sensei to when she started doing her funny business with Sensei. Is it an immature thing to get angry about? Jealousy? Or just information eventually gonna be revealed?

I don't really want to assume anything like Nozomu had a feeling of him being cucked by his younger brother or something else entirely. I guess the other thing being the choice of wording on Ami's side and just me having tunnel vision to a piece of dialogue with not that much significance.
Sensei seemed to consistently bring up what his brother's wife smelled like, around his brother.

It implies that Sensei spent a lot of time with Sekai (enough to recognize her scent), and would fantasize about her in front of her husband. I definitely think it was likely a jealousy thing. The "cherry blossom" part is likely only important because that was Sekai's scent.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021

I mean I'd be some level of angry too if my little brother sniffed my wife from time to time and had the audacity to actually tell me about his afterthought, no matter how little the rascal is.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018

When Ami was old enough to pick up on this, Akira would have been late teens or early twenties. That's old enough for him to be a genuine threat. Also, Akira and Sekai's relationship had been going on for about ten years, Nozomu might have noticed enough by this point to at least be suspicious.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
As I recall Akira and Niki were neighbors, childhood friends so even tho he knew Noriko since she was younger than 6 he didn't tutor her until after the accident, but he was tutoring Niki while they "dated".

About Nozomu being angry, my theory is that Nozomu didn't really love Sekai; Akira got her pregnant and Nozomu was "forced" to marry her because of religious family, so he knew his lil bro was tapping that. Bonus points if Ami already knows she is his daughter because she saw her mom things in the attic.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
About Nozomu being angry, my theory is that Nozomu didn't really love Sekai; Akira got her pregnant and Nozomu was "forced" to marry her because of religious family, so he knew his lil bro was tapping that. Bonus points if Ami already knows she is his daughter because she saw her mom things in the attic.
Akira's family, or even just Nozomu, finding out that Sekai was raping him and deciding to marry her into the family anyway would be a new level of fucked up. That said, if Nozomu knew that for sure I don't think he'd let Akira keep hanging out with Sekai at all.
There is a puzzle guide in the first page man.
How in the world are people supposed to find this? If only there was some sort of colored directional symbol that could point them to it. Alas.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Akira's family, or even just Nozomu, finding out that Sekai was raping him and deciding to marry her into the family anyway would be a new level of fucked up. That said, if Nozomu knew that for sure I don't think he'd let Akira keep hanging out with Sekai at all.

How in the world are people supposed to find this? If only there was some sort of colored directional symbol that could point them to it. Alas.
Meh he was 16 and though he loved her, she was probably in her 20s and she "loved" him too, it's not uncommon for people those ages to have something, but she couldn't marry a minor and seens she was deeply religious probably her family was too which may have pressured her to marry so Nozomu was the best beard to hide behind.
Sekai had a thing for lies and manipulation, might even had sex with Nozomu to trick him into believing the child is his, as we know (through a Happy Event) Akira heard her having sex with Nozomu.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Do we know the exact date when Sekai and Nozomu died btw? I can't remember it but I know it has to be at least after Maya's birthday.
If you are asking about the exact month/date/year of the accident, I don't think there is a solid answer yet.

---major randomly connecting dots ahead---

Assuming O World takes place on their death anniversary, this means that date is somewhere in the warmer season. O World also takes place after Couple's Discount, which is on Ami's birthday 8/31 (a rare event which the timestamp is certain).
This means the actual date would be after 8/31 but before the weather gets cold (let's say before 10/31 because that's where the characters mentioned the drop in temperature).

Then if the day requirement of an event is something that can be used as valid date approximation (big assumption here): Couple's Discount is day >=43 while O World is >=60 (the script name of O World is day60 as well); 8/31 + 17 days is 9/17, but take this with a grain of salt.

---end---

Plus it's a little hard to answer if a date is before or after another date (unless you're just asking about the chronological order, then their death took place after Maya's birth for sure)

args48

Jun 12, 2020
Friend, all the 'care packages' are is really kinda lame DVD extra crap. I could understand wanting to install them if you paid for them, but otherwise? That's just crazy. Also, yes, probably filled with DRM. Can also cause crashes if you paid for them and don't install them just right.
That seems to be my experience with them... They are actually immersion and story breaking. Why does sensei have access to these files on his computer? Right at the start of the game?

They don't blend in with the game at all and any reaming factor they have is just viewing them in a picture/video viewer program outside of the game.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
That seems to be my experience with them... They are actually immersion and story breaking. Why does sensei have access to these files on his computer? Right at the start of the game?

They don't blend in with the game at all and any reaming factor they have is just viewing them in a picture/video viewer program outside of the game.
Everything about the laptop is immersion-breaking. A character's mind breaks if you want them to call you Daddy, but you can override it with your magic laptop!

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes