jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
The lessons in love wiki lists the requirements for events:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Albeit, it takes a while for it to be updated each update.
I try to follow that but there's such a complex chain of events to get to that point, it's like tracking a complex flowchart. You have branching actions from multiple characters and it rapidly becomes a drag

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
I try to follow that but there's such a complex chain of events to get to that point, it's like tracking a complex flowchart. You have branching actions from multiple characters and it rapidly becomes a drag
It is not as complex as it looks, I have already memoised most of it. Chapter 1 has only few difficult places, most of chapter 2 is just straightforward, start of chapter 3 is a disaster, but when you memoise sequence "grind Makoto -> Yasu -> Nodoka -> Maki -> Io & Uta -> Karin -> Chinami -> Wakana" it would not be that hard

Wardtnaci

Jun 12, 2022
The lessons in love wiki lists the requirements for events:
Albeit, it takes a while for it to be updated each update.
Reason for it taking a while is because they wait till the latest update is made available to all to DL(free) on SS/Itch by the DeletedMember.

And for those who struggle to follow the chain of event and get stumped on who to trigger next. Look at the Game Change log along with the events page of the wiki to get a sense of direction.

I hadn't looked on SS in a while so I just noticed this preview 4ad375b7-9418-4f52-bbf7-de643f7344f3.jpg was posted there. Top mid and right were not posted on Dis.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeSkel15

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Glad to see I wasn't alone in thinking that was waaaaaay hotter than most scenes in LiL. The conversation about how Sel might be ace a few pages back still lingers in my mind after noticing how much hotter scenes could be.
I mean, when a game is actually focused on sex, the scenes do tend to be hotter. The same applies in reverse, with a game that serves sex as nothing but a side dish like LiL, the sex isn't going to be as hot. You either focus on the sex and make the sex scenes hotter or you focus on the story and the sex scenes don't come out as hot, that's just the way it is, trying to do both would make both suffer.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Glad to see I wasn't alone in thinking that was waaaaaay hotter than most scenes in LiL. The conversation about how Sel might be ace a few pages back still lingers in my mind after noticing how much hotter scenes could be.
I could definitely see Sel being on the Ace spectrum, but to be fair, it's not like the majority of girls in LiL are intended to be hot.

Chika? Sure:
However, the majority are girls that, well, let's just say know Sensei has a preference:
And tend to be traumatized or fucked up on top of that.

Not to mention, it's not like the girls even need to try to seduce Sensei most of the time. He's easy for the most part, until recently (probably due to god shenanigans).

In 'Dissonance', the MC still has some dignity. For now anyway, lmao. Yoshie is best (ass) girl. Chiyo is up there though..

Last edited:

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
I mean, when a game is actually focused on sex, the scenes do tend to be hotter. The same applies in reverse, with a game that serves sex as nothing but a side dish like LiL, the sex isn't going to be as hot. You either focus on the sex and make the sex scenes hotter or you focus on the story and the sex scenes don't come out as hot, that's just the way it is, trying to do both would make both suffer.
I'm going to argue this, but I want to make it clear from the jump that it's fine that most of the sex scenes that were ostensibly designed to be erotic... aren't. That's really not the point of the game and it stands up just fine without them.

That said, this is a false dichotomy - there's no reason you can't do both. Which one does Pale Carnations give up? Neither!

In this game they're not just a side dish, they're like an afterthought. Leftovers. Most seem thrown in with the attitude of "let's get this bullshit over with to appease the coomers."

There's really nothing to say about how to improve them if, at the end of the day, the dev just hates doing it, isn't willing to farm out any work (even animations), and despises my random forum-poster ass anyway. But, improvements here have the potential of "tricking" a bit more of the normie-leaning crowd on the edge of playing something like this into playing it, and if it does take some minimal time away from the plot, I'm sure his supporters would understand dropping the failed CP project and/or raising the prices of custom renders again.

Either way, it's absolutely not the point of the game, they could just serve as a little extra juice. Some sprinkles on a fucked up birthday cake that turns out to be just bats inside, the only thing that actually tastes worse than the revolting fondant most of the cakes on Tiktok are made with, but a weirdly enjoyable experience anyway.

The most impactful sex scenes by far are the Molly Halloween scene, Sekai's, and the Makaba (Futoto?) threesome. Why? Because they're fucked up and plot-relevant. That's what this game does, and it seems headed more in this direction and away from failed attempts at eroticism anyway, which will suit it just fine.

The reason why I speculated about Selly maybe being ace is in the context of it being a good thing someone replicated the assets for public use, because actually erotic fan art for this game has the potential to be straight fire, which it is. We just need more of it!

And the only reason they weren't available was, in typical Selly form, a bit silly and self-absorbed. A fan game made with LiL assets would be ludicrous, called out immediately, and wouldn't hurt LiL in any way, unless he thought someone could write this story better than he could, which is just sad. If anything, it would just put more eyeballs on the real game you know, kinda like how piracy does... did.

Anyway, yeah, this game stands up just fine without it. This isn't an uncommon problem either, not even Christopher Fucking Nolan understands how the act of sex works, and sure, this lack of understanding might have been an unintentionally funny interlude and/or a jarring tonal shift for some people, but it didn't really detract from how good Oppenheimer is.

All I'm trying to say is... we need more fan art!

GenshinFanatic

May 17, 2023
I play the game in a low tier phone, download joiplay from their Patreon page and run the game couldn't be more easy
So you just downloaded the most recent version for the android port on joiplay and it let you play just like that? Or did you have to move files and restart game?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I could definitely see Sel being on the Ace spectrum, but to be fair, it's not like the majority of girls in LiL are intended to be hot.

Chika? Sure:
Any girl gives me that look and I'm sold, I love the confident look telling me to get over there as if she commands it. That said, I am basically confirmed on the aforementioned spectrum, a demisexual, and wouldn't really actually feel anything sexual because I just don't feel that for drawings. That look in her eye is so good, though. This is easily one of Sel's best renders for the game itself.

However, the majority are girls that, well, let's just say know Sensei has a preference:
And tend to be traumatized or fucked up on top of that.

Not to mention, it's not like the girls even need to try to seduce Sensei most of the time. He's easy for the most part, until recently (probably due to god shenanigans).

In 'Dissonance', the MC still has some dignity. For now anyway, lmao. Yoshie is best ass girl. Chiyo is up there though..
Definitely god shenanigans involved somewhere, but is it god shenanigans keeping him from doing these things or is it god shenanigans making him go for it? He may be messed up in the head because of Sekai, but perhaps it's not his own will alone that he does these things on.

I'm going to argue this, but I want to make it clear from the jump that it's fine that most of the sex scenes that were ostensibly designed to be erotic... aren't. That's really not the point of the game and it stands up just fine without them.

That said, this is a false dichotomy - there's no reason you can't do both. Which one does Pale Carnations give up? Neither!

In this game they're not just a side dish, they're like an afterthought. Leftovers. Most seem thrown in with the attitude of "let's get this bullshit over with to appease the coomers."

There's really nothing to say about how to improve them if, at the end of the day, the dev just hates doing it, isn't willing to farm out any work (even animations), and despises my random forum-poster ass anyway. But, improvements here have the potential of "tricking" a bit more of the normie-leaning crowd on the edge of playing something like this into playing it, and if it does take some minimal time away from the plot, I'm sure his supporters would understand dropping the failed CP project and/or raising the prices of custom renders again.

Either way, it's absolutely not the point of the game, they could just serve as a little extra juice. Some sprinkles on a fucked up birthday cake that turns out to be just bats inside, the only thing that actually tastes worse than the revolting fondant most of the cakes on Tiktok are made with, but a weirdly enjoyable experience anyway.

The most impactful sex scenes by far are the Molly Halloween scene, Sekai's, and the Makaba (Futoto?) threesome. Why? Because they're fucked up and plot-relevant. That's what this game does, and it seems headed more in this direction and away from failed attempts at eroticism anyway, which will suit it just fine.

The reason why I speculated about Selly maybe being ace is in the context of it being a good thing someone replicated the assets for public use, because actually erotic fan art for this game has the potential to be straight fire, which it is. We just need more of it!

And the only reason they weren't available was, in typical Selly form, a bit silly and self-absorbed. A fan game made with LiL assets would be ludicrous, called out immediately, and wouldn't hurt LiL in any way, unless he thought someone could write this story better than he could, which is just sad. If anything, it would just put more eyeballs on the real game you know, kinda like how piracy does... did.

Anyway, yeah, this game stands up just fine without it. This isn't an uncommon problem either, not even Christopher Fucking Nolan understands how the act of sex works, and sure, this lack of understanding might have been an unintentionally funny interlude and/or a jarring tonal shift for some people, but it didn't really detract from how good Oppenheimer is.

All I'm trying to say is... we need more fan art!
It's definitely for the better with the way Sel wants the focus to be. Had Sel wanted sex to be the focus, I would say the approach taken by some of the other games, such as the one previously mentioned (I mean, come on, that one screen from the other game is very obviously focusing on the sexual nature, not the story), would be the better way to handle it.

I didn't say you can't do both, I said both cannot be a main focus. It's like trying to please every person who plays, you try to please everyone and everyone ends up displeased. This is because a larger focus has been split down the middle, weakening the focus on both sides of the player base. The same happens if you try to put a focus on both the story and the sex. If you focus on one, you get a stronger outcome in that aspect because the focus is stronger on that aspect. However, focus on both and you end up focusing less on both in an attempt to treat them equally. This results in a weaker outcome on both sides.

Afterthought, side dish, same thing really. If sex is not a main focus, it's going to come out weaker than if it was whether it is thought of last minute or thought of as secondary to the story the entire time. They are thrown in with the appeasement attitude because that's how Sel feels, or at least seemed to from the very beginning and still seems to, about these elements. That's why we get this focus on the story, the lack of animation for the purpose stated as avoiding distraction from the story, and even the ratio of sexual content to nonsexual content. Everything about this game that comes out as some sort of lack of sexual content stems from what he does or does not want, including quality when compared to games with sex as a main focus, no offense to Sel of course, the scenes aren't objectively bad outright, they could just be better with a sexual focus.

I don't think the CP, assuming you're using this for care packages as usual, is negotiable at this point. Remember their purpose, to give subscribers back some of the benefits lost to piracy because people can't simply wait two weeks for the actual free, complete version of the game. As for raising the price, he probably will eventually, he's already having to deal with a pretty heft load of requests, 100+ a month by his previous statement on the matter, so logically this could very easily lead to further raising of the proces to curb the number of request capable subscribers or even the elimination of the $50 USD tier, one of only tow remaining tiers, entirely as he has done in the past. Also, I don't think appealing to the more "normie" crowd is a good idea considering the wizard content that will be added at some point, so said Sel himself on multiple occasions. That kind of content is especially dangerous to be showing the "normie" crowd with the exception of the people like on this site that would simply ignore it and find another game. People who show an acceptance, not even the will to produce or consume, of that content get canceled no questions asked and his Itchio already got hit once for that kind of content by activists that are against it depsite it being fictional. This risks attracting more of the same when there's already going to be a big risk later just having the content in the first place. He's just lucky it isn't illegal where he is.

...I am never going to look at cake the same again, thank you for that mental image (I'm joking, it's fine). It's definitely not the point, as many people have found out and some have complained about in the past, I don't remember names.

Definitely agree with the impact of those scenes, I seriously got triggered by the Molly scene, like outright hatred for Sensei if I think about him from an in universe perspective, given what he did. I felt the same with Nodoka and the scene with Yumi, boy was I fuming from that at her. This game really hits you hard when it comes to stuff like that.

I can agree with that view, while I can't share them unless I want to lose my perks, I can speak about them vaguely. The custom requests are some of his best work and he really does some nice sexual or simply NSFW in general ones like my latest request or the one I requested before that, which would probably be a rule 7 violation anyway even if I could share.

I'm assuming you mean the official cards not being available. The reason is actually because those of us who have/had them were explicitly told not to share them or use them directly to make a game that would become direct competition for LiL. In other words, don't use his own assets against him. Someone did exactly that, they used a card, I believe it was Ami's, to make a game years ago now and that caused him to cease giving the cards out. This is not self absorbed, this is someone breaking their word and the entire rest of us getting collectively punished for that betrayal. There are multple games that are based on LiL out now, which could also be classified as fan games in a way sort of like some of the fan games of FNAF, and none of the ones I'm thinking of directly use the assets that were given to subscribers.

Definitely not, just as Sel has made a pretty nice game with an engaging story, so too did Nolan with Oppenheimer make a great film, which accurately tells the story it was meant to, completely focusing on it to the annoyance of some people who were looking for some attention to be brought to the aftermath on the ground at Hiroshima and/or Nagasaki, something even Oppenheimer himself was horrified at despite really only witnessing it through sources like the news. It's purpose was to tell the story of the production and testing of the first bomb, not the ones that were actually dropped. So too is LiL meant to tell a story of some seriously messed up happenings in a fictional Japanese town outside of, if I remember discussion correctly, Kyoto. The story of what lies beneath our feet, what forces are at play, the story of a group of girls and a single male teacher who was molested and raped by family, the story of a girl who lost her parents and is essentially broken into needing that one male teacher and so much more.

Fan art would be nice, there's some seriously talented people among the subscribers and more outside of the subscriber base.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Any girl gives me that look and I'm sold, I love the confident look telling me to get over there as if she commands it. That said, I am basically confirmed on the aforementioned spectrum, a demisexual, and wouldn't really actually feel anything sexual because I just don't feel that for drawings. That look in her eye is so good, though. This is easily one of Sel's best renders for the game itself.

Definitely god shenanigans involved somewhere, but is it god shenanigans keeping him from doing these things or is it god shenanigans making him go for it? He may be messed up in the head because of Sekai, but perhaps it's not his own will alone that he does these things on.
As a fellow Demi, I getcha. Personally, I think Sel is best at uncomfortable sexual scenes, overall. The awkwardness and immorality of this stuff seems to be prioritized over simply "boobies". Like, I feel Sel put more effort into stuff like Kirin's devirginization:
Than most sex scenes. Later on tacking on she remembered the room number and cried the whole night etc. I also don't think Sel is a butt guy, which is unfortunate. (Hence Maya being a 10/10 somehow. There, I said (typed) what we've all been thinking.)

As for the god shenanigans, I'm not sure if it's actually god shenanigans, but something supernatural surely has to be going on. I can see Pareidolia aka Concerned trying to make Sensei care more (be more concerned) for the girls. However, I can also see the Italic Narrator who put the whole sex is bonus level, trust is important, stuff in Sensei's head:
being the actual culprit of why sex is becoming more and more sidelined.

This Italic Narrator also seemed to give herself away last update:
"And sure as the sunshine" Miss Shapeshifter might literally be cockblocking the player.

Suspiciously she even showed up:
Right before the players missed Futaba's love hotel visit on her date:
I wouldn't even be all that surprised if she is the one behind the recent drama with Ami, Ayane, Maya, and Noriko, on top of Sensei's sudden feelings:

The Italic Narrator seems to be interfering far more than she is supposed to, lately:
And I doubt this is going to end well.

Last edited:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Is your antivirus triggering on it? I have seen reports of that in other games on this site both with and without said antivirus notifying the user and I have had both happen myself on multiple occasions. Some of those can be massively overzealous helicopter parents for the computer they are installed on.

Honestly, I was surprised the entire game didn't trigger that since file deletion scripts like that can be code that triggers such protections. I'm also surprised the same isn't happening to the care packages given the DRM situation, both because it phones home and because it deletes files, both big red flags for an antivirus or firewall.
Normal code, like how Lil's DRM works doesn't trigger any antivirus.
It would be different if the code tried something like to hook onto running processes or alter memory and the likes.

(Talking about Windows OS) It's completely under normal restrictions. Lil creates folders/files at two locations: YourSysdrive\users\yourname\appdata\roaming\renpy\test2blah and YourGamedrive\Lil\game\saves\ .
Lil is allowed to make alterations in those folders. And while i think it's ok for it to do that in the game folder, that it's also allowed to do anything on the OS drive is way beyond me. But thats a Microsoft problem.

Reactions: Bingoogus

ElaineZol

Sep 28, 2022
You know, I'm starting to think 'Lessons in Love' girls might have some future competition incoming based off 'Dissonance':
It's not what it looks like LiL, we're just friends.

Meanwhile, seduction tactics by the girls in LiL be like:
A lot of this (imo) has to do with just how everyone - or at least most of the characters - in LiL are and, for lack of a better way to describe them: pretty fucked up in many ways. I think the way the sex stuff is handled in LiL is the best one I have seen in any of these kind of VN, simply by how many of these scenarios are in their own fucked up way.

I don't think it is necessarily because the sex is not a focus in the game, but rather that the way it's done is in line with what I would expect from a game with so many dark themes as the ones this game explores. I'm sure someone out there might know about another VN and say "actually this one that touches the same themes and gets this and this better": it's not that, I'm sure there might be other examples with better and hotter sex scenes, what I'm saying is, the way is done here feels right.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
As a fellow Demi, I getcha. Personally, I think Sel is best at uncomfortable sexual scenes, overall. The awkwardness and immorality of this stuff seems to be prioritized over simply "boobies". Like, I feel Sel put more effort into stuff like Kirin's devirginization:
Than most sex scenes. Later on tacking on she remembered the room number and cried the whole night etc. I also don't think Sel is a butt guy, which is unfortunate. (Hence Maya being a 10/10 somehow. There, I said (typed) what we've all been thinking.)

As for the god shenanigans, I'm not sure if it's actually god shenanigans, but something supernatural surely has to be going on. I can see Pareidolia aka Concerned trying to make Sensei care more (be more concerned) for the girls. However, I can also see the Italic Narrator who put the whole sex is bonus level, trust is important, stuff in Sensei's head:
being the actual culprit of why sex is becoming more and more sidelined.

This Italic Narrator also seemed to give herself away last update:
"And sure as the sunshine" Miss Shapeshifter might literally be cockblocking the player.

Suspiciously she even showed up:
Right before the players missed Futaba's love hotel visit on her date:
I wouldn't even be all that surprised if she is the one behind the recent drama with Ami, Ayane, Maya, and Noriko, on top of Sensei's sudden feelings:

The Italic Narrator seems to be interfering far more than she is supposed to, lately:
And I doubt this is going to end well.
Oh yeah, definitely. It's there to make us as the reader uncomfortable and it does a disturbingly good job at that.

I haven't been able to get a read on what he likes personally and it doesn't help that he doesn't show an unwillingness to produce any sort of content if it fits his idea and it gets even more open with subscriber requests since it doesn't have to fit into what is going in the story on at the time of the request or any of the past events. I was not thinking that, I would never go against my favorite as a Rin fan :p .

An interesting theory, I wouldn't have expected her to be the one doing all this, blocking us, and by extension Sensei, from the sexual stuff. Given how those lines match, this is all but confirmed, but putting all our eggs in one basket is not a good idea. Just because it looks to be a specific in universe entity doesn't mean it is said entity, could also be a face we've never seen or a different one we have with the line thrown in to throw us off the trail as well. The lack of confirmed identity above the dialogue has me extremely wary of the potential for this to be something unexpected. One thing is certain, there's no doubt you're right about this not ending well with how things usually go. If things actually end on a happier note this time, I would be seriously shocked.

Normal code, like how Lil's DRM works doesn't trigger any antivirus.
It would be different if the code tried something like to hook onto running processes or alter memory and the likes.

(Talking about Windows OS) It's completely under normal restrictions. Lil creates folders/files at two locations: YourSysdrive\users\yourname\appdata\roaming\renpy\test2blah and YourGamedrive\Lil\game\saves\ .
Lil is allowed to make alterations in those folders. And while i think it's ok for it to do that in the game folder, that it's also allowed to do anything on the OS drive is way beyond me. But thats a Microsoft problem.
Like trainer programs, the ones that inject code into a running game to increase or freeze data at specific points to give players an advantage they wouldn't have in normal gameplay typically do, yes.

This is true, I hadn't taken that into account when I commented earlier. This would be how it maintains the doubled saves, one in the game's folder, one in appdata, by writing in both locations. I could see how it can manage to do the alterations in appdata for the save delete. The specific folder for LiL, or any Renpy game, in appdata isn't a system folder even if it is in a place created by Windows itself. It isn't as protected as a system folder, allowing Renpy to alter the data there. Had it been somewhere in the actual system files like a save to the registry as some Unity games do, Windows would be setting off some pretty major alarms at players who hit the DRM and blocking the alterations entirely if not deleting game files with the code that performs those tasks.

A lot of this (imo) has to do with just how everyone - or at least most of the characters - in LiL are and, for lack of a better way to describe them: pretty fucked up in many ways. I think the way the sex stuff is handled in LiL is the best one I have seen in any of these kind of VN, simply by how many of these scenarios are in their own fucked up way.

I don't think it is necessarily because the sex is not a focus in the game, but rather that the way it's done is in line with what I would expect from a game with so many dark themes as the ones this game explores. I'm sure someone out there might know about another VN and say "actually this one that touches the same themes and gets this and this better": it's not that, I'm sure there might be other examples with better and hotter sex scenes, what I'm saying is, the way is done here feels right.
Same honestly, others take a little too much of a willing approach to sex scenes, sometimes throwing them in whether they make sense or not.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Like trainer programs, the ones that inject code into a running game to increase or freeze data at specific points to give players an advantage they wouldn't have in normal gameplay typically do, yes.

This is true, I hadn't taken that into account when I commented earlier. This would be how it maintains the doubled saves, one in the game's folder, one in appdata, by writing in both locations. I could see how it can manage to do the alterations in appdata for the save delete. The specific folder for LiL, or any Renpy game, in appdata isn't a system folder even if it is in a place created by Windows itself. It isn't as protected as a system folder, allowing Renpy to alter the data there. Had it been somewhere in the actual system files like a save to the registry as some Unity games do, Windows would be setting off some pretty major alarms at players who hit the DRM and blocking the alterations entirely if not deleting game files with the code that performs those tasks.
Trainers don't inject anything (most trainers).
What they do is, altering memory (talking out of my ass) off an offset by a programs process.
Meaning:
Your game starts in memory at a given point.
Trainer knows that, for example, your health is xx xx bytes away from start.
Trainer alters value at xx xx bytes away from start to "your value" or "ff/ff ff" (max) or however long that value is.
Most trainers also check if value changes from what you want it to be and reset it to "ff" or whatever (God mode).
This normally doesn't (besides what i said earlier) raise an alarm. Because (talking out of my ass again) it's not within important memory range. Meaning OS related memory.
Some devs even go so far as to alter where such values are stored.
Meaning they shift values in memory from one adress to another making it harder for trainers (or cheat engines) to determin where values are stored.

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
You know, I'm starting to think 'Lessons in Love' girls might have some future competition incoming based off 'Dissonance':
It's not what it looks like LiL, we're just friends.

Meanwhile, seduction tactics by the girls in LiL be like:
Does anyone know why my game looks so different from most of ss posted here in f95?

The script is surrounded by a white box, and i don't have the direct acces to the wiki or unlockables

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Trainers don't inject anything (most trainers).
What they do is, altering memory (talking out of my ass) off an offset by a programs process.
Meaning:
Your game starts in memory at a given point.
Trainer knows that, for example, your health is xx xx bytes away from start.
Trainer alters value at xx xx bytes away from start to "your value" or "ff/ff ff" (max) or however long that value is.
Most trainers also check if value changes from what you want it to be and reset it to "ff" or whatever (God mode).
This normally doesn't (besides what i said earlier) raise an alarm. Because (talking out of my ass again) it's not within important memory range. Meaning OS related memory.
Some devs even go so far as to alter where such values are stored.
Meaning they shift values in memory from one adress to another making it harder for trainers (or cheat engines) to determin where values are stored.
Most don't, but there are ones that do, which are the ones I was using in my previous comment. I have one for Satisfactory for example that gets flagged aggressively by my antivirus every time the definitions update or I open the folder because I'm too lazy to go in and set an exemption for every little thing that gets flagged. I end up having to pull it out of quarantine every so often. In fact, all the ones I have worked with do, so I was unaware of other methods for them to do their thing.

I've definitely run into games that shift values in memory, major pains to get a value with Cheat Engine.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Most don't, but there are ones that do, which are the ones I was using in my previous comment. I have one for Satisfactory for example that gets flagged aggressively by my antivirus every time the definitions update or I open the folder because I'm too lazy to go in and set an exemption for every little thing that gets flagged. I end up having to pull it out of quarantine every so often. In fact, all the ones I have worked with do, so I was unaware of other methods for them to do their thing.

I've definitely run into games that shift values in memory, major pains to get a value with Cheat Engine.
Had a couple of games that did that too. Most of the times it's enough if you tackle the adress in one session and change the value before the adress changes again.
Btw you can exclude whole folders from at least most AVs (and hopefully MS-Defender; didn't try that one).

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Does anyone know why my game looks so different from most of ss posted here in f95?

The script is surrounded by a white box, and i don't have the direct acces to the wiki or unlockables
I use a ren'py transparency mod, and the outdated dark mod:
This game is too WHITE for my liking so i made a dark mod for myself which is more pleasing to my eyes. It turned out decent so thought of sharing it here.

View attachment 1931175

If you're using guide mod drop this file to
game\progress mod\

View attachment 1639891

rename the downloaded file to progress_screen.rpy
I think it's out of date, but you should just need to download the mod (the .rar), extract it, then copy the "game" file over Lessons in Love's "game" file.

I also recommend this transparency mod: https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-3.11925/
If you want to get rid of the textbox itself. Makes things look like this:
Then there's also this: https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-15-2-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/
If you want to minimize the grind.
On top of URM, so that's likely why my images look different.

Reactions: DSasha
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes