alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how Tsubasa and the Threesomes are put into place. It's definitely hard to tell so far.

As for Yumi though, I think a threesome might be the excuse needed to push her story forward. Chika's been working on that for a while it seems:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can definitely see this happening since Yumi likes Sensei, and Chika would be and has been suggesting it (I'm also thinking Chika has a crush on Yumi). Albeit, Nodoka likely traumatized Yumi, and I don't think seeing Chika blow Sensei is going to help, after the whole being forced to watch Nodoka blow Sensei stuff. Then again, Yumi's recent reset might have changed her...

I'm not sure what to think of Yumi after her possible murder.
That brings up potentially more obstacles, the potential changes to Yumi and the trauma from Nodoka. That does cast an air of uncertainty around her for players.

Reactions: DeSkel15

Wardtnaci

Jun 12, 2022
Sel himself said on several occasions while he was here that the game would be doable at 100% completion, which taking this into account, tells me we have to play in a very specific way to do that. Playing in a specific way that may not be how we would normally choose wouldn't be a new concept for this game. Like with the choice given to tell Karin about how Sensei is with Kirin. That bears a consequence of locking out events for Karin in game, so we have to lie to her in order to keep our 100% completion. I would normally admit to it myself, but I am a pretty opposite kind of person to the character of Sensei.
I understood it as you can 100% the game, but not on your 1st playthrough no mater what choices you make; you will trigger some events to be missed. Once you complete one girl's purity route, you'll be able to reset back to a point and start the quest to 100%. Now he's only teased this with the "Yumiknows", "Amifingered" and "Rinbetrayed" flags but the "*cthree" flags is 1st time where a point possibly has several branches and few future events may be missed and may need be missed to complete a current playthrough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Axismundi

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I understood it as you can 100% the game, but not on your 1st playthrough no mater what choices you make; you will trigger some events to be missed. Once you complete one girl's purity route, you'll be able to reset back to a point and start the quest to 100%. Now he's only teased this with the "Yumiknows", "Amifingered" and "Rinbetrayed" flags but the "*cthree" flags is 1st time where a point possibly has several branches and few future events may be missed and may need be missed to complete a current playthrough.
I just think the cthree was there to throw us off, it would take serious attention to detail from a player to keep track of every little thing, so some players are inevitably going to miss these details that would tip them off to the correct choice. Attention to detail that goes beyond looking at every word to make sure nothing gets missed for the puzzles, but instead goes beyond what is said and looks at every single aspect. We may even be looking at the second coming of punishment for anyone not paying attention to the degree he expects. This would not be the first time he has done either of the above and it won't be the last.

The way I understood what he said, the game can be completed as is and is planned to remain that way. This doesn't really change that in the sense that it is still possible, especially if the cthree was a red herring as Bingoogus suggested. This may have altered that only slightly so that, there is a path to 100%, but we have to play a very specific way to get it. I'm going to assume in that case that he wants us to follow what he considers canon to his story, anything else would be punished with missed events. This plays perfectly into one of the themes of the game, the illusion of choice.

Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
The way I understood what he said, the game can be completed as is and is planned to remain that way. This doesn't really change that in the sense that it is still possible, especially if the cthree was a red herring as Bingoogus suggested. This may have altered that only slightly so that, there is a path to 100%, but we have to play a very specific way to get it. I'm going to assume in that case that he wants us to follow what he considers canon to his story, anything else would be punished with missed events. This plays perfectly into one of the themes of the game, the illusion of choice.
That is the meat of my argument, forget the story, just focus on Selly, his methods and behaviours, his style of doing things, there's a right way to play, if you choose otherwise you will be punished with missed events, he has been consistent with this so far, there is always a right choice, and until it's actually shown that there is a new system, one where you will miss events no matter what choice you make, i'll be sticking to the tried and true method of following the green path.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That is the meat of my argument, forget the story, just focus on Selly, his methods and behaviours, his style of doing things, there's a right way to play, if you choose otherwise you will be punished with missed events, he has been consistent with this so far, there is always a right choice, and until it's actually shown that there is a new system, one where you will miss events no matter what choice you make, i'll be sticking to the tried and true method of following the green path.
Exactly, that's the way it has always played out since the first missable:

Lust events tied to mains, if you miss the deadline by playing the main event without enough points for the required girls, you miss the lust event. The canon way is that these do actually happen, so the player is punished accordingly.

What he considers the right way, which I do believe is the same as what he considers the canon route, is the only way to get through the game and see everything. This is what I believe is happening with cthree as well, the Ayane option is canon, the others either happen later or never and the player is punished for choosing them due to not being his way, the canon he is writing.

Reactions: Bingoogus

1804maya

Dec 23, 2021

Do i remember correctly, that next patch would be released 2023-10-15?
for the mini guide you provide do you go play the update or is there a specific way to find event triggers? I'm interested in documenting triggers for events for private uses.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
for the mini guide you provide do you go play the update or is there a specific way to find event triggers? I'm interested in documenting triggers for events for private uses.
You have to look through game code. First of all, identify real name of event. File "screens.rpy" describes event tracker which is a good start point

Than you should search through game/*.rpy files for string "jump eventname". At this point, you should get idea about specific requirements

Sometimes, like in this case, you either guess where are you or try to read script before the jump command. However, it is usualy much simplier

If you want it, I can make you csv with all 0.34.0 events or give you access to my google spreadsheet (it is extemly laggy and completly undocumented, but at least you can copy and past from there). If you want csv, tell me do you prefer parsed (i.e. one column per one character affection level etc) or compact (i.e. like in that screenshot) format. My data is kept in sync with wiki and 99.9% accurate (at least I valdiated it on multiple occasions and now also monitor source code changes)

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Idk, all I know is that a straight line is straight. You know what, forget about using my brain cause I'm just gonna get brain farts just trying to understand how Sel's mind works.

• Haha
Reactions: LuisD and Bingoogus

spam24601

Nov 14, 2017
So, what did everyone think about Sekai's latest appearance?:

Based off Uta's 'Enjo Kousai', it seems like some of what Sekai can do has been revealed:
Overall: It seems like Sekai wants Sensei to embrace his questionable past, and can influence his dreams, narration, and seemingly visuals to accomplish this.

The insults seem to be her way of convincing Sensei to face and embrace his horribleness, similar to Nodoka who Sekai seems to think is like her:

Edit: In retrospect, if Sekai's poetry is really so deranged that it might have influenced Nodoka to become, well, Nodoka, I'm beginning to understand why Wakana is worried.
I'd like to think that Sekai is not *forcing* these thoughts, dreams or emotions onto Sensei. I feel like it would really cheapen his struggle if this can all just be blamed on external interference. At that point Sensei becoming a better or worse person would seem to depend more on the efficacy and/or availability of an exorcism than his own choices and character development. Better that she draws to the forefront thoughts and feelings Sensei may have forgotten or repressed - which he is quite prone to do, as you point out. (Unless everything in this game is just a representation of Sensei's mind or something, making it a moot point.)

I do wonder what the motivation behind this propogation of her philosophy is. Uta reversing to her younger self and then turning into Maya as part of Sekai's attempt to influence Sensei seems to suggest that she approves very much of the past younger Maya/Sensei relationship and considers it to be some kind of high point with regards to Sensei's acceptance of her beliefs. It may be that Sensei deciding to do to Maya what she did to him would appear like validation to her, that he approved of what she did since he would do so to others as well. "You hate what you think, yet you always think of what you hate." Perhaps applicable to herself as well as Sensei? Perhaps she wasn't quite as bad as Nodoka, and this philosophy she engineered to present herself as being above morality was in some part intended to help her reason her way out of that bit of lingering guilt in the back of her mind over what she did. Making her victim, of all people, accept and internalize her justification for why she abused him would be the ultimate victory in that case. Well, all this is baseless speculation, really.

As for Nodoka, I don't think there was ever much hope for her to not be awful, since IMO she's clearly a psychopath. She was only ever going to behave if by some kind of calculus she arrived at the conclusion that comforming to all social norms would be more beneficial to her than breaking them when she can get away with it. But considering her narcissistic and sadistic streaks, I think it's unlikely she would have made that choice, even without Sekai. On the other hand, if it is the sort of material that someone like Nodoka would find agreeable to the point of integrating it into her self-image, that probably says enough about the content. Still, I really wonder what she could've written, in the form of poetry, that would be so disturbing as to alarm Wakana to such an extent.

As a side note, there's something funny about Sekai's appearance in this event for me, with her just hiding behind a tree spouting verbal abuse and horrible suggestions at Sensei. It's like the inverse of that "Playing Cyrano" trope where a friend is hiding in the bushes and giving advice on what to say to a girl.

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Not when I draw one it's not. Even if I use a straight edge. It's like the reverse of being gifted. :ROFLMAO:
I have lot of experience in drafting and I still can't draw a straight line without using a straight edge so we good. Not even perfect circles. It's not really a requirement. But yeah, fair argument.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I'd like to think that Sekai is not *forcing* these thoughts, dreams or emotions onto Sensei. I feel like it would really cheapen his struggle if this can all just be blamed on external interference. At that point Sensei becoming a better or worse person would seem to depend more on the efficacy and/or availability of an exorcism than his own choices and character development. Better that she draws to the forefront thoughts and feelings Sensei may have forgotten or repressed - which he is quite prone to do, as you point out. (Unless everything in this game is just a representation of Sensei's mind or something, making it a moot point.)

I do wonder what the motivation behind this propogation of her philosophy is. Uta reversing to her younger self and then turning into Maya as part of Sekai's attempt to influence Sensei seems to suggest that she approves very much of the past younger Maya/Sensei relationship and considers it to be some kind of high point with regards to Sensei's acceptance of her beliefs. It may be that Sensei deciding to do to Maya what she did to him would appear like validation to her, that he approved of what she did since he would do so to others as well. "You hate what you think, yet you always think of what you hate." Perhaps applicable to herself as well as Sensei? Perhaps she wasn't quite as bad as Nodoka, and this philosophy she engineered to present herself as being above morality was in some part intended to help her reason her way out of that bit of lingering guilt in the back of her mind over what she did. Making her victim, of all people, accept and internalize her justification for why she abused him would be the ultimate victory in that case. Well, all this is baseless speculation, really.

As for Nodoka, I don't think there was ever much hope for her to not be awful, since IMO she's clearly a psychopath. She was only ever going to behave if by some kind of calculus she arrived at the conclusion that comforming to all social norms would be more beneficial to her than breaking them when she can get away with it. But considering her narcissistic and sadistic streaks, I think it's unlikely she would have made that choice, even without Sekai. On the other hand, if it is the sort of material that someone like Nodoka would find agreeable to the point of integrating it into her self-image, that probably says enough about the content. Still, I really wonder what she could've written, in the form of poetry, that would be so disturbing as to alarm Wakana to such an extent.

As a side note, there's something funny about Sekai's appearance in this event for me, with her just hiding behind a tree spouting verbal abuse and horrible suggestions at Sensei. It's like the inverse of that "Playing Cyrano" trope where a friend is hiding in the bushes and giving advice on what to say to a girl.
I definitely think these thoughts/feelings aren't being forced upon Sensei. They are being highlighted. Emphasized. Sekai seems to want him to indulge in his darkest desires like she did:

As for why Sekai is like this, I think it's just what ended up making her "Happy". Her whole 'Something everyone knows and ignores' Happy Event is her talking about Happiness and experimenting to find it:
I'm thinking she thinks that if Sensei accepts his darker side, he'd be happier. Similar to how Nodoka seems to make him feel safe and comfortable:
Maybe Sensei would be happier if he just let's himself be who he is, instead of pretending. I wonder if that might be where the game is heading?

Honestly, I don't really think Nodoka is that bad overall. (Then again I am somewhat a Nodoka, so I'm likely biased). It's not like Nodoka has gone out of her way to hurt people for no good reason, like Kirin or Yumi. There's also how Nodoka seems to be taking care of her vegetable mother:
When logically, there's no beneficial reason to, as far as I can tell. I do however think Sekai's had a profound impact on her, which seems to be why she's so interested in Ami now, and probably Akira. Not entirely sure if it's the poetry or something else though. It seems like even the Shapeshifter is appearing before Nodoka:
So, I wouldn't rule out some supernatural stuff going on.

It does seem a little funny that Sekai is technically giving Sensei advice on what to say to a girl:
It's like a fucked up satire of that trope. I can kind of imagine Sekai just cheering Sensei on when he gives in: "This is you! Fuck her right in the pussy you disgusting fucking PIG! I just love you so much."

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
I do however think Sekai's had a profound impact on her, which seems to be why she's so interested in Ami now, and probably Akira. Not entirely sure if it's the poetry or something else though. It seems like even the Shapeshifter is appearing before Nodoka:
So, I wouldn't rule out some supernatural stuff going on.
And not to mention that Himawari isn't able to impersonate her which is notable:
You could argue that Nodoka is too much of a genius to really get in her head, but the fact that Himawari also fails to portray her on physical appearance other than wearing her clothes makes me think there's more to it. Definitely some supernatural stuff going on I'd say.

I never bought that she is simply a prodigy, she is being fueled with knowledge by some supernatural entity/ies for their own purpose, likely without her being entirely aware. I don't believe she is such a good judge of character to write that book as close to reality as it is. Someone (not Yasu's God, it seems) wants that book to be out there to cause turmoil and it's using Nodoka for it. So the girl that sees everyone as mere pawns for her own entartainment is nothing but a puppet herself. Probably just wishful thinking, I know.

Mori Enjoyer

Apr 7, 2023
Amy isn't Akiras daughter? Just thinking.
Probably? If you take the good uncle route in her most recent beach H-scene she alludes to that he would be surprised by some info she could tell him, but nothing concrete other than that and good theories about it.
How to not miss the newest ayane events?
During Chika's latest event, "Our Time Atop The Mattress" you need to choose Ayane option when Chika asks you that question. Nothing confirmed yet for the other options other than some Rin dialogue from what another User told me.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes