JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Nodoka is quite a reccuring topic, isn't she? Hope you guys are just trolling.

Actualy, what exactly are you discussing? For me it is both obvious that she is bad in terms of moral (Somewhere around Sensei and Haruka) and that she is cute and well-written.

Have we seen Nodoka the human? So far we see an occult creature with psychopathy.
Sidenote: human creatures with psychopathy are more or less same. She is a good representation of them

Reactions: Bingoogus
Feb 14, 2022
Sidenote: human creatures with psychopathy are more or less same. She is a good representation of them
While she is a function, not a full-fledged character who can be called a human.

Actualy, what exactly are you discussing? For me it is both obvious that she is bad in terms of moral (Somewhere around Sensei and Haruka) and that she is cute and well-written.
Is Ami okay with morals? I'll even ask in a different way, what does it mean to be bad with morality?

Last edited:

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
While she is a function, not a full-fledged character who can be called a human.
Heh, I am sure game will explain you that you are wrong some time. Just because it is what Sel does.

Is Ami okay with morals? I'll even ask in a different way, what does it mean to be bad with morality?
I don't like Ami if you ask. Nodoka intentionaly does bad things and ignores feelings of her acquaintances. I am not going to argue on definition of good or bad, neither I intent to measure her by rank in some badness rating. If you wish to say Ami is worse than she, okay, it chagnes nothing

Feb 14, 2022
Heh, I am sure game will explain you that you are wrong some time. Just because it is what Sel does.
What a pity that his words don't always have letters. Because communicating thoughts is clearly not the best side Seleboba, lmao

As well as his double standards

I am not going to argue on definition of good or bad, neither I intent to measure her by rank in some badness rating
Well, I agree here, we can go too deep with this

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Honestly, I don't think Nodoka is a psychopath or a sociopath (or any other term that really just comes down to meaning "thinking different is bad")

I think Nodoka suffers from Alexithymia, aka Emotional Blindness. As intelligent and apparently boundless as she is when it comes to knowledge, she seems unable to actually understand emotions.

This is shown a few times:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nevertheless, I think if people look past their own perception of her, they might realize a few things:
Nodoka is actually trying to help others most of the time. She's not perfect, but she's really not nearly as bad as most seem to think.

Overall: Nodoka isn't some kind of Sociopathic Satan. She's just complex. She still has feelings:
And she seems like one of the few people that might actually be able to save everyone in the end.

However, it seems like her main flaw is that she sucks at getting others to understand what she needs them to:
So, we'll just have to wait and see if she's able to find a way, then things might become clearer.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Honestly, I don't think Nodoka is a psychopath or a sociopath (or any other term that really just comes down to meaning "thinking different is bad")

I think Nodoka suffers from Alexithymia, aka Emotional Blindness. As intelligent and apparently boundless as she is when she comes to knowledge, she seems unable to actually understand emotions.

Nevertheless, I think if people look past their own perception of her, they might realize a few things:
Nodoka is actually trying to help others most of the time. She's not perfect, but she's really not nearly as bad as most seem to think.

Overall: Nodoka isn't some kind of Sociopathic Satan. She's just complex. She still has feelings:
And she seems like one of the few people that might actually be able to save everyone in the end.

However, it seems like her main flaw is that she sucks at getting others to understand what she needs them to:
So, we'll just have to wait and see if she's able to find a way, then things might become clearer.
You have a real knack for laying things out man. I said a short while ago how i like Nodoka for her place in the story, not who she is as a person but you've given me a lot to think about now...

Feb 14, 2022
Oh, if you understood Russian, I could insert a lot of things now, but since we may have a lot of misunderstandings, I will say only one thing — Psychopathy is not bad, it's the same syndrome where they don't really take into attention the emotions of others and fully understand them. It's not good and not bad, it's just the same disease. And as for the fact that Nodoka doesn't understand, there are exactly two points:
First, why did she say it was worth it when she was beaten?
The second is why did she understand Futaba's feelings from Yumi at all, and when she came and said that she had done garbage with this story in a book, she did not understand? Moreover, she herself did not invite her to the presentation, knowing that she would not like it and she would feel uncomfortable

And I'll tell you why, because the Texas creator himself does not know what his Nodoka is, she's like that, that's it. Logic is also not about Selebus... Sorry

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023

I think Nodoka suffers from Alexithymia, aka Emotional Blindness. As intelligent and apparently boundless as she is when it comes to knowledge, she seems unable to actually understand emotions.

Mmm Idk, for me, Nodoka enjoyed herself hurting Yumi, sure, Yumi started by bullying Futaba (please don't start debating if that was worse or if that was a ton of shit), but I can't just settle that Nodoka assaulted Yumi to protect Futaba, again, I still see it more like an excuse for her to do that (not to mention how Nodoka was molesting Makoto that day).
But yeah, maybe there's more of Nodoka that still we don't know, I will wait to see a few more of her to try to understand her, but for now she's on my top of shittiest ppl in the game.
And also, she not being a sociopath nor a psycopath would just make her a worst person.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Oh, if you understood Russian, I could insert a lot of things now, but since we may have a lot of misunderstandings, I will say only one thing — Psychopathy is not bad, it's the same syndrome where they don't really take into attention the emotions of others and fully understand them. It's not good and not bad, it's just the same disease. And as for the fact that Nodoka doesn't understand, there are exactly two points:
First, why did she say it was worth it when she was beaten?
The second is why did she understand Futaba's feelings from Yumi at all, and when she came and said that she had done garbage with this story in a book, she did not understand? Moreover, she herself did not invite her to the presentation, knowing that she would not like it and she would feel uncomfortable

And I'll tell you why, because the Texas creator himself does not know what his Nodoka is, she's like that, that's it. Logic is also not about Selebus... Sorry
Psychopathy is just a catch all term for mental illness. However, it's used mostly to describe someone seen as bad or villainous. Psychos. Etc.

Okay, so I can only roughly understand what you're saying here, but I think this should answer your questions:
  1. Nodoka said it was worth it because Yumi (the villain) was getting in trouble for trying to murder her in public, and Nodoka herself ended up between two girls. She more or less explained the second part:
    The first is more of an Inference.
  2. Nodoka knew that Futaba was bulimic, constantly self deprecating, and constantly crying because of Yumi. Everyone knew Yumi was hurting Futaba. You don't have to understand the pain someone is in, to know that they are in pain. Nodoka seems to mostly just assume how others feel based off rationale.
  3. (Not entirely sure what you mean by "done garbage") Nodoka didn't understand why Futaba was upset with the story, because it's just a rectangle:
    The story is not actually what's upsetting Futaba. It's Futaba's feelings that come from the story that is. Futaba actually found what Nodoka wrote as "sweet" and even "loved it":
  4. Nodoka knew explaining the book to Futaba would be difficult, so she just didn't tell her about it. She explained this:
    Nodoka was trying not to hurt Futaba, with her book. It wasn't until Futaba chose to read the book without Nodoka's knowledge, that it actually caused her harm, and Nodoka still doesn't seem to understand why it does, just that it does.
Nodoka is really not that hard to understand.

Nodoka even seems to imply that all you need to do to understand her is read:
There is definitely logic behind her character.

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
But moving from Nodoka I wanted to share my thoughts on another character with debatable actions and her confrontation with Ayane, Kirin.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Mmm Idk, for me, Nodoka enjoyed herself hurting Yumi, sure, Yumi started by bullying Futaba (please don't start debating if that was worse or if that was a ton of shit), but I can't just settle that Nodoka assaulted Yumi to protect Futaba, again, I still see it more like an excuse for her to do that (not to mention how Nodoka was molesting Makoto that day).
But yeah, maybe there's more of Nodoka that still we don't know, I will wait to see a few more of her to try to understand her, but for now she's on my top of shittiest ppl in the game.
And also, she not being a sociopath nor a psycopath would just make her a worst person.
Yeah, Nodoka definitely enjoyed punishing Yumi. She also was avenging Futaba:
Not protecting her.

Yumi has more or less already damaged Futaba for life:
No way to protect her from what's already happened.

There's a reason even Miku would murder Yumi out of everyone else:
She's easily the worst person in the class.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
But moving from Nodoka I wanted to share my thoughts on another character with debatable actions and her confrontation with Ayane, Kirin.

My thoughts on Kirin:
I am proud of her for trying to be better, as of late though. Even if it's just so she will feel like she's "enough" for Sensei.

• Haha
Reactions: DSasha

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Whether everyone likes Nodoka or not, I just want to let her know that please go to Tsuneyo once you realize what you've done and is in need of a sharp item asap
View attachment 3006123
I am definitely curious how this whole book thing will go between Nodoka and Futaba. Not to mention, how Nodoka will rationalize sleeping with Sensei behind Futaba's back.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Heh, well, I don't know, but I believe she is.

If I had to say who I think are the "best good humans" of the main girls I would say:
Noriko
Futaba
Yumi
Ayane
Maybe Io.

Not saying that the others girls aren't good humans, just a totally biased and probably wrong ranking based on almost nothing
"Yumi"... :
Honest reaction, but to each their own I suppose.

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
Yeah, Nodoka definitely enjoyed punishing Yumi. She also was avenging Futaba:
Not only that she enjoyed, but that she did to enjoy herself, and remember how a few weeks we were talking about intentions? Well, that pretty much resume my thoughts about her, I'm trying, but I can't see her as a good person.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes