fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I am definitely curious how this whole book thing will go between Nodoka and Futaba. Not to mention, how Nodoka will rationalize sleeping with Sensei behind Futaba's back.
Right; though my hope isn’t up but there should be some type of consequences for Nodoka from Futaba (same goes for that swimming plot stunt if Futaba ever managed to know what went down).

Unlike her classmates, Nodoka already doesn’t seem to have any teenager struggle to overcome; if her only self-proclaimed cracking point doesn’t even work on her, she will become less of a human girl and more of an OP tool that is solely for stirring up hives with a guaranteed 100% success rate because that’s how the story goes so far for her, almost like a natural disaster.

At that point I’ll just pretend I am a peasant in medieval times looking at a tornado; not understanding why or knowing how to stop it if that is at all possible, only watching it either in terror or in awe, or both.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Right; though my hope isn’t up but there should be some type of consequences for Nodoka from Futaba (same goes for that swimming plot stunt if Futaba ever managed to know what went down).

Unlike her classmates, Nodoka already doesn’t seem to have any teenager struggle to overcome; if her only self-proclaimed cracking point doesn’t even work on her, she will become less of a human girl and more of an OP tool that is solely for stirring up hives with a guaranteed 100% success rate because that’s how the story goes so far for her, almost like a natural disaster.

At that point I’ll just pretend I am a peasant in medieval times looking at a tornado; not understanding why or knowing how to stop it if that is at all possible, only watching it either in terror or in awe, or both.
I doubt the Yumi stuff will come up (if that is what you mean by "swimming plot stunt"), and Nodoka likely planned things out so that Futaba wouldn't find out about it. Everyone has more or less moved on from it by now, anyway. The sleeping with Sensei, and Book stuff should come up though. It'd be weird if the story just ignores it. Then again, who knows with the Time Skips.

Nodoka still has her dysfunctional mother to take care of and presumably provide for. Similar to Tsuneyo, Chika, and Ami, who all have relatives they take care of. Nodoka also has her own issues to take care of, on top of apparently trying to figure out the supernatural stuff that's going on. She's also fallen for, and is sleeping with her teacher, so I'm sure that'll bring about some drama. I think even beyond Futaba, Nodoka would still have a few distractions before she can simply run rampant. For now, anyway.

Lmao, I've been that way since the first Ami scene. Already accepted shits going to happen and there's nothing that's going to stop it. Might as well eat popcorn and hope for the best.

Last edited:

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
Riiight. Imma just chime in with a little of my psychology background. This is a oneshot post, so I'm not really up for a lengthy discussion, but feel free to answer. I might have the time to respond.

Nodoka IS a sociopath.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ami CAN be called a psychopath. But it's too broad of a term, calling someone a psychopath is like calling someone mentally ill. So I'm gonna be more specific. Essentially, psychopathy stands for "Personality Disorder". And Nodoka, for example, can also be called a psychopath by that definition. I believe that Ami has a Borderline Personality Disorder. Here's where definitions become kinda conflicting in English-language definitions. Someone calls it "Borderline Psychopathy", someone calls it "BPD". We're gonna stick with the BPD for the matter. So Ami is not PSYCHOPATH per se, but she can be called that.

I also have medical studies to back my shit up, so if you do want to prove me wrong - all power to you. But I will demand proof. Have a good day, gentlemen, ladies.

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Riiight. Imma just chime in with a little of my psychology background. This is a oneshot post, so I'm not really up for a lengthy discussion, but feel free to answer. I might have the time to respond.

Nodoka IS a sociopath.

Ami CAN be called a psychopath. But it's too broad of a term, calling someone a psychopath is like calling someone mentally ill. So I'm gonna be more specific. Essentially, psychopathy stands for "Personality Disorder". And Nodoka, for example, can also be called a psychopath by that definition. I believe that Ami has a Borderline Personality Disorder. Here's where definitions become kinda conflicting in English-language definitions. Someone calls it "Borderline Psychopathy", someone calls it "BPD". We're gonna stick with the BPD for the matter. So Ami is not PSYCHOPATH per se, but she can be called that.

I also have medical studies to back my shit up, so if you do want to prove me wrong - all power to you. But I will demand proof. Have a good day, gentlemen, ladies.
I really feel that you should have added some sort of Mic Drop GiF or something at the end of this post. It's just lacking something without it.

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023

Nodoka IS a sociopath.

Reaaally cool stuff, could you make a similar thing with Yumi and Sensei?

I mean since you're now the official psychologist of the thread.
she IS a sociopath. Does that make her a bad person? Nope, her actions do. Does that make her a bad character? Definitely not, she's interesting as hell.
This is it.
Except I'm not that interested in her, but she's a good character

Last edited:
Reactions: Apocalypse 420x

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
Reaaally cool stuff, could you make a similar thing with Yumi and Sensei?

I mean since you're now the official psychologist of the thread.
Well I can take a crack. Everyone in this game has some sort of mental disorder or a trauma, some are easier to diagnose (Rin, Makoto, Miku, Uta), some harder (Nodoka, Kirin, Ami, Futaba) and some are just almost impossible.

Yumi - I think she's actually one of the most normal people of the cast. She's rough, tough, unapologetic, doesn't take any bullshit and calls people out on theirs. She just lacks empathy. And that's quite understandable, cause she wasn't taught how to be empathic. Yes, emotional intelligence is a thing and nobody is born with understanding of emotions. So all her shit comes from Yumi unknowingly being a Solipsist. It's not a disorder, it's more of a worldview - by definition it's the idea, that the only one mind exists. Or, if we put it in a more real-world-usable form - everybody thinks like me and reacts like me. This is not a conscious decision on her part though, it's subconscious bullshit. She doesn't actively think that, she just bases her actions on that, again, unknowingly. That's why she bullies Futaba - she thinks that she will tough it out and become better - just like Yumi thinks she did. She obviously hates Yuki for obvious reasons and she one of the few people who has real-world-normal reactions to Sensei - she thinks he's a fucking creep. He's also the only male figure in her life, he's older, he's handsome, he's in the position of power - all of that sets her daddy issues off. Throw in a bunch of hormones in there, and there you have the reason for secret thoughts and shameful masturbation sessions. She knows he's a creep and likes a little too young girls, but she can't help what her body and childhood trauma wants. But she's pretty strong-willed and didn't betray her own principles. Yet.

As for our dear Akira - that's a whole other can of worms, that I maybe will open after another drink. Which is like in 15 minutes.

Last edited:

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
Psychopathy is more appropriate. Although our systems in Russia and the world are different
That is incorrect. Because I am familiar with the Russian system, being Russian and all.

Уважаемый, это прямо текстовые определения социопатии. Психопатия не бывает просто сама по себе, и вообще такого диагноза не существует. Психопат - человек у которого психоз. Которые бывают разными.

Feb 14, 2022
That is incorrect. Because I am familiar with the Russian system, being Russian and all.

Уважаемый, это прямо текстовые определения социопатии. Психопатия не бывает просто сама по себе, и вообще такого диагноза не существует. Психопат - человек у которого психоз. Которые бывают разными.
Не, я без наезда, если ты в этом лучше шаришь. Окей.

Кстати, а что ты думаешь про СДВ у Кирин?

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
As for our dear Akira - that's a whole other can of worms, that I maybe will open after another drink. Which is like in 15 minutes.
I would say you to consider his unusual situation before talking of him, but seeing how he's being the same and even worse after all he have learned about the world he is in... Yeah I almost lost all hopes I had in him.

But I still think that:
1. He is a person who has been abused on so many levels.
2. His emotions have been removed by god or whatever that controls this world
3. A lot of his actions are a result of his self despise
4. This world NEEDS he to fuck his students, this version of Sensei we are seeing has come so far only because this version is the only that have done what is needed for this world to keep it moving forward.

But well, he has done nothing but dissappoint me lately, I think by now that all of this is just what I want to believe and not what I really think:(

I'm considering going for a psychiatry residency so I like these topics a lot, they are maybe just VN characters but I spend a lot of time trying to understand them,

Last edited:
Reactions: Axismundi

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
Не, я без наезда, если ты в этом лучше шаришь. Окей.

Кстати, а что ты думаешь про СДВ у Кирин?
У неё нет СДВ. Там много тараканов, но я их пока оформить в голове не могу. Позже распишу про неё.

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
I would say you to consider his unusual situation before talking of him.
Alrighty, so. Akira.

It's gonna be a bit long, so I'll spoiler things that can be collapsed.

Also, bear in mind, that I'm not Sel and this is just my opinion, perspective and view on this character.

Early days.

Tutoring.

The accident.

Pre-Start of the game.

And then the resets came. And all his thought, all his self-reflection that was getting him somewhere, all his experience, pain, misery, emotions and memories got wiped. All that's left was his resolve to fuck some girls.

And that's my thoughts on Akira pre-game and at the start of the game. If any of you find that interesting, I'll write a similar rant post about his present self, three chapters in.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
This is now an official Lessons in Russian thread.
Стоило только взять перерыв на несколько месяцев, тред тут же оброс комрадами.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes