BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Looking at some of the new pictures delivered by the sauce heroes, some things that caught my attention.

I think it will take me some time, to get used to espacially Rin's new appearence.
Chika doesn't seem to have that impact on me, but Rin..., it feels weird.

Interesting is, that some girls now seem to have those... neck bands?, or what would they be called?
Some of them seem to also have new necklaces.

Espacially this one on Rin
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/11/3079404_SPOILER_CharaStudio-2023-11-02-12-04-28-Render.png
I don't think that's an eight (8).
Given that the new chapter (update .36), is the infinite spring, i think this could also be an infinity sign ∞ (aka mobius band).

Reactions: crustlord12

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I don't know if I blacked out and missed a bunch of stuff, but who are these characters and what's their relevance?
Where are they from? Was there a game or something?
Sel seems to have a few prequels to Lessons in Love that were never actually finished.

After last update though, in the latest Happy Event 'Rain King', it seems implied that even those unfinished games and characters are tied into Lessons in Love:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Presumably they are all related through something like the Upside Down House, like Sensei's mother, Saki, but it's possible they are just cameos. Although, that's what most thought about Saki and it's rather clear it's more than that, in her case.

Edit: In Retrospect, there being 3 games created by Sel, and 3 numbers mentioned by Yasu:
Could imply the games represent worlds. Saki and her characters could be 22, and since LiL seems to be 23, that would probably mean Kanon and the rest are from 24. Perhaps LiL is actually the middle of a trilogy?

Yasu's words continue to haunt me:

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I don't know, were this information here, but here

UPD.

Almost finished with the new Rin, but decided to try an experiment with the old color.

UPDx2.
Uh, you're less active today. Therefore in this update I am posting a ready-made Rin 4CH card. It also includes an alternative option.

I was just about to ask if anyone knows the origin of Kanon (literally about to hit POST REPLY), assuming she's another parody version of an actual cast just like Tsurumi; then all these girls all come out at the same time out of literal thin air and get me confused unga bunga again. :ROFLMAO:

Going to assume for now that these are solely just either design idea prototypes of some girls, or extremely inside jokes/references only Sel himself gets

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
That was a little game that was born a few months after the creation of LiL, when he created his subscribestar, but Selebus never finished it. go here, for more context. https://f95zone.to/threads/lessons-in-love-v0-35-0-selebus.48158/post-3839816 -----> ( Grow Old. Then Die. )
It seems like Sellebus really wanted to create his own cinematic universe with overarching narrative and plot that eventually ties everything together, but cut corners along the way, lol. Ambitious.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
That was a little game that was born a few months after the creation of LiL, when he created his subscribestar, but Selebus never finished it. go here, for more context. https://f95zone.to/threads/lessons-in-love-v0-35-0-selebus.48158/post-3839816 -----> ( Grow Old. Then Die. )
So, LiL really is in the middle of Sel's games.. interesting. Considering Saki was treated as a parent to LiL's MC, with presumably NiB's MC being the father, perhaps Kanon and her brother are Sensei's kids, since her brother seemed to be the next in line to be a MC, in GOTD.

Their presumably brown hair also fits Sensei's and the Shapeshifter's in my opinion, and if she's Sensei's daughter through Ayane, I wonder who Kanon's mother is? She has Noriko's hair style, but her eyes don't seem to match anyone's quite right as far as I can tell:

Probably won't ever matter much, but I'm definitely intrigued. Also fits what Nao seemed to imply was Sensei's fate:
The offspring in this case, perhaps being Kanon and her brother. Maybe also, the Shapeshifter.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Maybe i can shed some new light on this whole (what could we call it?), i guess i'm going with Lessons in Love Unified Lore Universe. LILULU or LULU? ^^
Don't take this all too seriously though.

IIRC Sel like's David Lynch.
Lynch was the creator (besides other media i guess) of the 1984's movie "Dune", based on Frank Herberts Dune (Universe).
Now, some of you might know, but for those who don't, Dune, every iteration of it that was released as movies until now (Org. Dune 1984, Dune TV series ~2000/ 6 parts, recent new movie and it's sequels), are part of a rather large story, where the "Dune" part is in the middle. And Dune makes just about a 1/10th of the whole story (If we include Herbert's son, who continued the story).

What i want to get to is, maybe Sel is trying the same thing.
Creating a whole universe (that's in... erm coherent) where Lil is taking place in.

He could be using his prior game attempts as a lore backup, while, like with Dune, they won't have a real impact on Lil, besides stage setting.

The only exception i see yet, is the "Upside Down house". The "Upside Down House" might be something that pierces through the whole story/lore universe.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Shouldn't Chinami also be on the list of girls with new designs/outfits next to her sister if the next update really is going to be starting in Ayaneverse?

Chinami should also be rid of a reason to keep her bleach blonde hair just like Chika if the cause of it is going to be rewritten from the root. Unless any effect of Ayaneverse is only on a psychic level (i.e., trauma is not gone, but overcome), and only does its work on Chika and not Chinami somehow due to Ayane's understanding to everyone's situation, but this imo is a little creepy and is very close to lazy writing.

Considering Chika getting a new job and how Sel responded to the question "why Rin dyed her hair", the changes we've sneak peeked might just be a normal progression within the stories when at the same time welcoming the arrival of a season that Kumon-mi never has (here goes your normal I guess).
What I will not understand is why dyeing her hair black is a requirement from the maid cafe if such thing turns out to be true. C'mom! Classic gyaru maids! How very hot and fetishizable!

Besides, if Ayane does obtain power to make changes, the first thing she might do is make herself forget all of this and reset herself to an old oblivious version after seeing Ami's horrible death, instead of suddenly becoming a new messiah not just for Sensei, but for almost everyone (because apparently not everyone gets their fix in this Ayaneverse).

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Considering Chika getting a new job and how Sel responded to the question "why Rin dyed her hair", the changes we've sneak peeked might just be a normal progression within the stories when at the same time welcoming the arrival of a season that Kumon-mi never has (here goes your normal I guess).
What I will not understand is why dyeing her hair black is a requirement from the maid cafe if such thing turns out to be true. C'mom! Classic gyaru maids! How very hot and fetishizable!
Gyaru maids in Japan only exist in "Gyaru maid cafes," where every maid is gyaru. From a business perspective, they wouldn't blend well with the traditional maid theme.

Gyaru are seen by many as loud and obnoxious, and maid cafes are about playing up the theme, which means pushing those traits to an extreme. That's great if you're really into it, but if you're in the maid cafe for the Uta or Ami-chan experience, and there's someone playing up the gyaru stereotype at another table, it's going to sour your experience.

Reactions: fdsasdf_p

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
Shouldn't Chinami also be on the list of girls with new designs/outfits next to her sister if the next update really is going to be starting in Ayaneverse?

Chinami should also be rid of a reason to keep her bleach blonde hair just like Chika if the cause of it is going to be rewritten from the root. Unless any effect of Ayaneverse is only on a psychic level (i.e., trauma is not gone, but overcome), and only does its work on Chika and not Chinami somehow due to Ayane's understanding to everyone's situation, but this imo is a little creepy and is very close to lazy writing.

Besides, if Ayane does obtain power to make changes, the first thing she might do is make herself forget all of this and reset herself to an old oblivious version after seeing Ami's horrible death, instead of suddenly becoming a new messiah not just for Sensei, but for almost everyone (because apparently not everyone gets their fix in this Ayaneverse).
Does Ayane even know of Chinami?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
He could be using his prior game attempts as a lore backup, while, like with Dune, they won't have a real impact on Lil, besides stage setting.
The content that exists for those games are prototypes for future games. He's already said on the Discord that after LiL is over he's hiring an art team and doing Nothing is Beautiful from scratch.

IlichZ89

Feb 18, 2018
I don't know, were this information here, but here

UPD.

Almost finished with the new Rin, but decided to try an experiment with the old color.

UPDx2.
Uh, you're less active today. Therefore in this update I am posting a ready-made Rin 4CH card. It also includes an alternative option.

Selebus made Rin stand out very clearly. The yellow hair color is striking.
For me, the old image is more harmonious.

Is this a redone art?
Great job! I prefer to see this.

Otoha has become even more like an older sister. It's great!

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

It's possible a few characters are just ignored by Ayane. Like Yumi or Chinami, Kaori, etc.

Chika may have only been changed because she's fucking Sensei and even Ayane found her delusional:
That does beg the question why Makoto and Miku don't seem changed though. Albeit, it's possible even the Moderator of the universe has limits. Especially when it comes to those who died or were dying before resets. I'd think Ami would have brought back her mother at least if that was an option, instead of simply visiting her grave for eternity.

Then again, just because the universe might be Ayane's, it doesn't mean she's actually in charge. The Shapeshifter or Pareidolia could be the ones actually in control.

Or something entirely different is going on and any better world implication is merely a red herring.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
It's possible a few characters are just ignored by Ayane. Like Yumi or Chinami, Kaori, etc.
Or something entirely different is going on
Yes, like the fact that this "Ayaneverse" is just an unsubstantiated fan-theory right now :BootyTime: I love the fan theories but it always gets a bit funny when the community really spirals into them like it's the true confirmed story, when it's really just an interpretation of a few scenes.

Not calling anyone out at all, and I actually really like the concept of the Ayaneverse, just more of an observation that there could be plenty of other reasons for it and to not dig too deeply into the Mines of Mayaoria

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Or something entirely different is going on and any better world implication is merely a red herring.
Yup. The Ayaneverse was a fun thought experiment back when we only had the t-posed models to work with, but now that we're seeing them in context, I think we can discard it. Especially with Sel stating that the changes are all because of character progression or just teenagers changing their look (Rin's already done this before, after all).

He also very specifically shit on the idea that Rin's inner sadness has gone away, so that definitely did not happen.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Yes, like the fact that this "Ayaneverse" is just an unsubstantiated fan-theory right now :BootyTime: I love the fan theories but it always gets a bit funny when the community really spirals into them like it's the true confirmed story, when it's really just an interpretation of a few scenes.

Not calling anyone out at all, and I actually really like the concept of the Ayaneverse, just more of an observation that there could be plenty of other reasons for it and to not dig too deeply into the Mines of Mayaoria
To be fair, I did make it clear I wasn't exactly awake when I brought up this Ayaneverse thing, lmao:
Definitely possible.

Speaking of Paper City, something that just came to mind is how Ayane isn't apart of the changes. She was immune to Paper City:

I'm probably just not all there right now, due to the changes and lack of sleep, lmao, but...
I'm virtually always half asleep.

Overall: Much like the Shapeshifter's name being Himawari or Daisy etc, we won't actually know until we know. Even then, what we know could be revealed to be wrong later on. This game loves playing around with perception and what's real or not.

The only one who actually knows what's going on is Sel, and to be honest, that's more of an assumption, than fact, lol. I know I love keeping myself guessing when I write.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes