JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Mystery shapeshifter girl is alternately called Daisy or Himawarii depending on which one of us is speaking (Himawarii meaning sunflower, the flower that's repeated most often in game, and we're told she's named after Sensei's favorite flower).
Actualy, there is an excluded from replay monologue in the end of

Code:
    q "So, what have we learned here today?"
    q "That the world is what we make of it? "
    q "That the gods and moons and such will only influence your life as much as you’ll allow them to?"
    q "Or that that there’s more going on behind the scenes than one could ever fit into a tiny little monologue?"
    q "I have so many questions for you."
    q "There are so many things I still have to learn."
    q "And sure as the sunshine, I’ll be watching you closely. "
    q "I just hope that, should we ever meet again, I’ll get to hold your hand."
    q "I regret not doing that as much I should have."
    q "But as I reflect upon my past regrets and force myself to come to terms with them in a whole slew of creative and interesting ways, I remember that your story has not yet ended."
    q "And that we still have a lot to talk about."
    q "But for now, I’ll close myself up and wait for the light to shine once more."

scene black
    with dissolve4

q "Forever yours—"
    q "Your little sunflower."
So "Himawary" version is proven

PS: having monologue in event, which is started from "pareidolia wants to connect" is a thing.

Reactions: Apollo259

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
I dont know if its intentional or jsut limitations of Ren'Py. But the replays missing things because they need flags set to true of false is quite a nuisance.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I dont know if its intentional or jsut limitations of Ren'Py. But the replays missing things because they need flags set to true of false is quite a nuisance.
It's a little bit of both. There are ways to code around the limitation, if the dev wanted to.

But beyond that, some events officially end early, and anything after the instruction to end the event that plays as part of the event will never be playable in Replay, and Sel uses that quite a bit.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Someone tell me because I don't have time to read every post in the thread. How do y'all come up with the names of the Gods and who they're messing with? I know there's Hope, Angel 1 & 2, Wire, but there's more? Where was Callous or the P one mentioned? I haven't missed an event and I thought I paid attention, but I don't remember these two. Unless one of them was the one doing the trivia show during one of the resets. The girl that helped Ayane get over her fear of Ami hasn't been named but I think y'all call her Daisy, right? I wish I had more time to be active in this thread to read everyone's takes and keep up with the entire story completely. Forgive me if anything I asked or said is stupid. I think this just goes deeper than most stories I've played/read/watched and that's why I haven't analyzed it fully or can't keep up.
The first god is mentioned in the 'Rewrite' main event back in Chapter 1, the Narrator called it Nozomu, and a horny ball of light. Nozomu translates to "To Hope" or "Hope" in Japanese. HOPE just so happens to help Sensei to the roof during this Reset. It is also Summer at this point.

The second god is mentioned in 'There is Nothing' at the end of Chapter 1. The Narrator called it Calm (while the first is Callous), tree like and computer like, with wires, etc. Sensei also has to connect to USER2 who helps him get to the roof during this Reset. The third god is mentioned but only that it was Concerned. It is turning Winter around this time.

It's also revealed that there are 4 USERs. USER1 to USER4, which you can try connecting to. Only USER2 connects though.

By this point 'The Room With Clocks' Happy Event had occured, and in it, USER2 shows up:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and with this, that purple smily face, computer, Ramen bowl, and bird (probably Noodles), are inferred to be related to USER2, and by context, it also seems to be The Second god aka The Wire god (this name shows up later).

By the 'Word of The Day' Main Event in Chapter 2, not only do we have Tsuneyo showing up with this shirt from her father:
But we also have USER2 showing up talking to Sensei with this "face":
We also have what appears to be USER2 showing up and talking about remaining Calm in it's unique way it communicates:
So, yeah, it's heavily implied Tsuneyo is related to USER2 who seems at least related to the Wire/Calm god.

In the Trinity Happy Events there are loads of god lore. Most notably in the Trinity p2 one, a voice says Kill the Callous, Kill the Calm, Kill the Concerned. In Trinity p3, we have USER1 messing with Sensei, USER2 trying to connect, and USER3 then shows up:
With a male voice, talking in lower case, and noting it was "very concerned".

Later on in Sana's 'Ad Infinitum', this same USER3 seems to appear and name itself Pareidolia:

By the end of Chapter 2, Sensei ends up back in HOPE's world in 'The Light of Last Summer', and notably refers to callousness:

Then depending whether you chose Callous, Calm, or Concerned in a survey earlier, the 'Life of Prizes' Event will show you different books, which will talk to Sensei differently in this order:

Btw, I should mention that HOPE refers to itself as "The thing with Feathers":
Most notably in the Trinity p3 Happy Event.

Anyway, just to sum it up, since there are dozens of events by this point in the game intended to give you an idea of the gods, one can Infer:
  1. First god is Callous, likely HOPE and The Lust Eater, and related to Yasu as even her church is known as the New Hope Church. Extra stuff that seems related: Birds, Light, TALKING IN CAPS, USER1, Summer, The Bottom of Everything, Angels, etc. Probably related to Ami.
  2. Second god is Calm, likely The Wire god, and related to Tsuneyo as her shirt, "son" Noodles, and Ramen itself seems related to this god, who seems heavily implied to be USER2. Extra stuff that seems related: Being in Darkness (confusingly), The Old District, visual changes, slanted all caps like this: "////CALM", Winter, Affection points, etc. Also Resets, and this is the one that made Maya think she'd be Reset during the 'Scary Room'. Probably related to Maya.
  3. Third god is Concerned, virtually guaranteed to be Pareidolia, USER3, and "The Dark". Extra Stuff that seems related: Spiders, Perception, Spring, talking in lower case, Kaori (Mistress of The Dark, and Queen of Spiders), etc. It also seems likely that The Shapeshifter and Ayane are related to this god. Maybe Sana and Yumi as well.
Beyond these 3 gods there also seems to be The Old One:
Nao:
And The World Itself:
The World Itself seemingly being the most malicious of the bunch:
It's likely related to Nodoka:
And the Scary Sekai. Also seemed to be what fucked with Makoto:
Btw, I should mention that like how Nozomu can translate to "Hope". Sekai can translate to "World". USER3/Pareidolia even seems to refer to Sekai as The World:

It isn't clear who or what USER4:
is yet, as far as I can tell.

Overall: This is a summarization. If you want specifics, I'll try to show what I can. There's still a lot of unknowns though.

Last edited:

ExtremeParagon

Apr 22, 2019
I looked up the meaning of each season and they are somewhat accurate on how the USERs are based off.

We got 4 USERs yet we don't know anything about USER4.

Logically, USER4 would have Fall/Autumn as a season.

From what I've seen:

USER1 (Summer): youth and joy
USER2 (Winter): calm and death
USER3 (Spring): newborn and happiness
USER4 (Fall/Autumn): maturity and decay (or harvest)

Right now, I see that USER1 and USER3 share something in common while USER2 and USER4 also share something in common.
Summer and Spring is full of happiness while Winter and Fall is full of slience and death.

Summer and Winter are counterpart.
Spring and Autumn are counterpart.

I am thinking USER4 might introduce themself at either in the Purity route because of "maturity" or in the Dark route because of "decay".

All I am saying is that, USER4 might be similar to USER2. (Which is a little bit of a truth due to fact it was classified as an address in the first place...)

[I might totally be wrong about all of this.]

Last edited:

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
During that Flowerchild monologue, is she talking to Ayane, Akira, or who?? I thought Akira when I first played it, but reading it now I think she may refer to Ayane due to the holding hands.

Last edited:

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
The C words are not directly assigned to the gods. Sometimes, the word is just used as a pronoun, or the game will throw the words out, and there are some clues that lead us to conclude which one applies to which god. A lot of it came from the Life of Prizes puzzle, where at one point you're asked to choose a C word, and later in the puzzle you open a book, and the text of the book is based on which word you chose, and each points to things associated with that particular god. So we have to piece things together, which can be hell for people who aren't good at puzzles, and is probably an absolute nightmare for non-native English speakers who aren't fluent enough to catch a lot of the nuance.

HOPE has been around -- I think the last time he spoke to us was when he made Yasu speak in tongues. HOPE as the speaker can be identified by ALL CAPS text.

All signs point to the Wire god being associated with the ramen shop, and Tsuneyo's father in particular. Immediately prior to the fifth reset, Tsuneyo excuses herself by saying the shop's neighbors have complained about a smell coming from the shop. The whole amusement park date, she was acting like she was trying to avoid confronting the fact that he was dead. I, personally, am interpreting that as the wire god also dying. It hasn't been explicitly stated (the game rarely explicitly states anything)
I really appreciate you taking time to explain things like this. I never noticed that the gods speak in all caps or lower. I'm not good with puzzles like that, but still want to understand the full story of the game.

I just meant that HOPE hasn't physically shown up like he was doing. He'd pop up on screen but hasn't. Didn't know he was speaking through Yasu.

I knew about Tsuneyo not wanting to confront heavy subjects on her date. Never thought that Wire was associated with the ramen shop and her dad though.

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
The first god is mentioned in the 'Rewrite' main event back in Chapter 1, the Narrator called it Nozomu, and a horny ball of light. Nozomu translates to "To Hope" or "Hope" in Japanese. HOPE just so happens to help Sensei to the roof during this Reset. It is also Summer at this point.

The second god is mentioned in 'There is Nothing' at the end of Chapter 1. The Narrator called it Calm (while the first is Callous), tree like and computer like, with wires, etc. Sensei also has to connect to USER2 who helps him get to the roof during this Reset. The third god is mentioned but only that it was Concerned. It is turning Winter around this time.

It's also revealed that there are 4 USERs. USER1 to USER4, which you can try connecting to. Only USER2 connects though.

By this point 'The Room With Clocks' Happy Event had occured, and in it, USER2 shows up:
and with this, that purple smily face, computer, Ramen bowl, and bird (probably Noodles), are inferred to be related to USER2, and by context, it also seems to be The Second god aka The Wire god (this name shows up later).

By the 'Word of The Day' Main Event in Chapter 2, not only do we have Tsuneyo showing up with this shirt from her father:
We also have what appears to be USER2 showing up and talking about remaining Calm in it's unique way it communicates:
So, yeah, it's heavily implied Tsuneyo is related to USER2 who seems at least related to the Wire/Calm god.

In the Trinity Happy Events there are loads of god lore. Most notably in the Trinity p2 one, a voice says Kill the Callous, Kill the Calm, Kill the Concerned. In Trinity p3, we have USER1 messing with Sensei, USER2 trying to connect, and USER3 then shows up:

Later on in Sana's 'Ad Infinitum', this same USER3 seems to appear and name itself Pareidolia:

By the end of Chapter 2, Sensei ends up back in HOPE's world in 'The Light of Last Summer', and notably refers to callousness:

Then depending whether you chose Callous, Calm, or Concerned in a survey earlier, the 'Life of Prizes' Event will show you different books, which will talk to Sensei differently in this order:

Anyway, just to sum it up, since there are dozens of events by this point in the game intended to give you an idea of the gods, one can Infer:
  1. First god is Callous, likely HOPE and The Lust Eater, and related to Yasu as even her church is known as the New Hope Church. Extra stuff that seems related: Birds, Light, TALKING IN CAPS, USER1, Summer, The Bottom of Everything, Angels, etc. Probably related to Ami.
  2. Second god is Calm, likely The Wire god, and related to Tsuneyo as her shirt, "son" Noodles, and Ramen itself seems related to this god who seems heavily implied to be USER2. Extra stuff that seems related: Being in Darkness (confusingly), The Old District, visual changes, slanted all caps like this: "////CALM", Winter, Affection points, etc. Also Resets, and this is the one that made Maya think she'd be Reset during the 'Scary Room'. Probably related to Maya.
  3. Third god is Concerned, virtually guaranteed to be Pareidolia and "The Dark". Extra Stuff that seems related: Spiders, Perception, Spring, Kaori (Mistress of The Dark, and Queen of Spiders), and it seems likely that The Shapeshifter and Ayane are related to this god. Also maybe Sana and Yumi.
Nao:
And The World Itself:
Btw, I should mention that like how Nozomu can translate to "Hope". Sekai can translate to "World". USER3/Pareidolia even seems to refer to Sekai as The World:

Overall: This is a summarization. If you want specifics, I'll try to show what I can. There's still a lot of unknowns though.
Wow. Thanks for the really detailed info. I've naturally read all of those events but never made the connections like this. Now everything makes a lot more sense. I'll have to try and pay attention to these details. I doubt I'll be able to keep track like you and some of the others though.

Reactions: buff and DeSkel15

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
So then guys seems like i missed 1 chika event(freezing) and one futaba event(loveless).Sadly i took my sweet time with all the other girls and i didnt notice that missed them so i dont have a save file to go back to.Am i fucked and need to redo the game or is there another solution?

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
So then guys seems like i missed 1 chika event(freezing) and one futaba event(loveless).Sadly i took my sweet time with all the other girls and i didnt notice that missed them so i dont have a save file to go back to.Am i fucked and need to redo the game or is there another solution?
Yeah it's over just restart the whole game.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
God damn it
Ig ill just leave the game halfway until we hit 0.38 or 0.40(depends on my patience) to forget stuff and then start from the beginning and manic save all the time every fucking day to not miss an event.God damn it this sucks

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
A makeshift solution for you:
Use URM to set flags futabalust10 and chikalust10 to true. This will overwrite their skip or miss flags and display events in green rather than red crossed out in the character events. If you want to be thorough you can set their respective skip or miss flags to false as well, but it's not going to change anything from a player perspective.

You won't be able to trigger them normally for these two events unfortunately, but you can at least view them in the replay, and your save will appear as if you missed nothing (that is if a full-green save is what you aim for)

Last edited:

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
A makeshift solution for you:
Use URM to set flags futabalust10 and chikalust10 to true. This will overwrite their skip or miss flags and display events in green rather than red crossed out in the character events. If you want to be thorough you can set their respective skip or miss flags to false as well, but it's not going to change anything from a plater perspective.

You won't be able to trigger them normally for these two events unfortunately, but you can at least view them in the replay, and your save will appear as if you missed nothing (that is if a full-green save is what you aim for)
Legend.Much love.And yea a full green save is what im aiming for since i want a 100% save to actually be able to join in the theory crafting and lore convos in the thread,which i will do soon enough hopefully.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Legend.Much love.And yea a full green save is what im aiming for since i want a 100% save to actually be able to join in the theory crafting and lore convos in the thread,which i will do soon enough hopefully.
Those 2 events are complete in replay, but many lore events Selebus adds command to end early in replay, like when Yasu says Akira's mother name in the dorm wars vs Rin.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Dont forget to turn futabalust10miss to false (same with chika)

Reactions: Bingoogus

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018

2. Second god is Calm, likely The Wire god, and related to Tsuneyo as her shirt, "son" Noodles, and Ramen itself seems related to this god who seems heavily implied to be USER2. Extra stuff that seems related: Being in Darkness (confusingly), The Old District, visual changes, slanted all caps like this: "////CALM", Winter, Affection points, etc. Also Resets, and this is the one that made Maya think she'd be Reset during the 'Scary Room'. Probably related to Maya.
  3. Third god is Concerned, virtually guaranteed to be Pareidolia and "The Dark". Extra Stuff that seems related: Spiders, Perception, Spring, Kaori (Mistress of The Dark, and Queen of Spiders), and it seems likely that The Shapeshifter and Ayane are related to this god. Also maybe Sana and Yumi.
Nao:
And The World Itself:

That... is some impressive exegesis you got going there, dude. O.O

ETA:

Also... Maya... :-(

Reactions: DeSkel15
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes