fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
This discussion feels like it's gone waaaay off the rails into the severely abstract and esoteric, which isn't surprising since it's a question of fundamental philosophy, but i feel like everyone's taking it too far and getting frustrated, the new update is like less than two days away, let's not lose our cool after having survived this long already.
That’s right! Let us exclusively talk about penis lore for two days straight instead!

To the janitor’s closet!

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Sure and I have never wrote so. The problem that distinguisher we use in real live would not work in Kumon-mi. There is no problem with artificial fakes (like direct lie) - they are obviously not real.

So the truth here is that nobody can answer did Ami realy died, isn't it?
Why wouldn't it? What actually happens/exists is "reality". Simple as that. Anything else is merely theory or delusion.

Sel could answer it, technically. At this point, though, we don't even know what/who lured Ami into the hallway. Perhaps in the next update, it'll explain some things.
Just reminder: Makoto haven't died in bluejay (at least it wasn't shown), her fall from the roof was interupted by some kind of divine intervention.
That's just a theory. We see her disappear off the image, a little bit later, there's a reset, then she reappears, a little before she prepared to jump:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Simply because we don't see her splatted, doesn't mean she wasn't. In fact, everytime things reset, it's resetting after the damage is done, not before.

For example, when Sensei suddenly went off on an anecdote that ended with him talking about having sex with Kaori and Sana in Sana's 'Black Sandy Beaches' Event, it only resetted after Sensei was done talking and reset to before he started:

Makoto has likely died a few times. Just she can't remember being dead (for obvious reasons), and gets reset back to before she tried to kill herself.
You are missing the point. The question is not "can cute girl magic be explained", it is "is cute girl magic real". I can rephrase it like "would it be real if it could not be explained otherwise than magic". Also, do you realy think Ayane can hide giant banana during ?

Once again, how do you define "real" regarding Kumon-mi?
"Real" by definition means what actually exists... what actually happens in Kumon-mi/this game, is what actually happens within this game.

It's really just that simple. What we think is "real" is another story, and that should be based off the decipherable in universe logic, and Sel's presumed intentions with that logic.

Also, I don't see why Ayane would need to hide the Banana. Just because we didn't see it beforehand, doesn't mean it wasn't there. We also know she dragged it outside:
So, chances are, it was "real".

Maya also does eat a lot and quickly, so yes, as far as we can tell "Cute Girl Magic" is "Real". It being magic, though, is just what Ami called it. Ayane and Maya actually being magical, is probably not "real". Then again, there are Wizards in this game... so..

Honestly, I think you're focusing too much on seeing things, when even seeing something doesn't make it "Real" in the first place.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
That reminds me, Ayane's giant banana apparently screwed up the table she slammed it on:
Darn 'Produce Delivery Administration' and their giant fruits.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Why wouldn't it? What actually happens/exists is "reality". Simple as that. Anything else is merely theory or delusion.
Because it is all the same question. How do you define actualy happens/exists?
"Real" by definition means what actually exists... what actually happens in Kumon-mi/this game, is what actually happens within this game.
So you mean that everything actualy happend in the game is "real"? Isn't it same as "what you see on-screen is real"? I told you, it is a useful one.

It's really just that simple.
It is not simple. Actualy, you haven't constructed a definition which would say that Sensei actualy exists yet.

Also, definitions of reality IRL are complex AF and require lots of ad-hoc axioms to the point when question "is something real" looses both its meaning and possibility of answer, so it would be strange if it would became simple when applied to denpa fiction.

The realy simple way is to use stupid definition and correct it from time to time

Honestly, I think you're focusing too much on seeing things, when even seeing something doesn't make it "Real" in the first place.
I am not focusing. I am suggesting the only thing I find reasonable.

You know, there is no reason to discuss reality of something at all. Theory might be true despite it's hypotesis might be not real and vice versa, because theory is true when it predicts the future (i.e. what we would see), but not when it says what is real and what is not.

But if you are going to discuss reality, you should be able to explain what do you mean by "real", because otherwise the simple answer is "nope, this is fuction, it is obviously not real". You can mean by "real" litterally everything, from "It is real if it could be IRL" to "It is real because it was said by narrator" and I can mean by "real" exact opposite thing so there is basicaly notthing to discuss unless you state what did you actualy mean by "real"

let's not lose our cool after having survived this long already
Last part is always the worst :( Good news no discussion would survive 0.36

It's such a big penis, so big, so very very penis.
Is that penis realy big or it is just Sensei's dellusion?

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Great, now that it's only a day and a bit away, suddenly i have a glut of releases:
Untitled.png
Where were all these 3 days ago huh? Don't these devs know how important i am and how it is their duty to provide me free entertainment at all times!? God...

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Because it is all the same question. How do you define actualy happens/exists?

So you mean that everything actualy happend in the game is "real"? Isn't it same as "what you see on-screen is real"? I told you, it is a useful one.

It is not simple. Actualy, you haven't constructed a definition which would say that Sensei actualy exists yet.

Also, definitions of reality IRL are complex AF and require lots of ad-hoc axioms to the point when question "is something real" looses both its meaning and possibility of answer, so it would be strange if it would became simple when applied to denpa fiction.

The realy simple way is to use stupid definition and correct it from time to time

I am not focusing. I am suggesting the only thing I find reasonable.

You know, there is no reason to discuss reality of something at all. Theory might be true despite it's hypotesis might be not real and vice versa, because theory is true when it predicts the future (i.e. what we would see), but not when it says what is real and what is not.

But if you are going to discuss reality, you should be able to explain what do you mean by "real", because otherwise the simple answer is "nope, this is fuction, it is obviously not real". You can mean by "real" litterally everything, from "It is real if it could be IRL" to "It is real because it was said by narrator" and I can mean by "real" exact opposite thing so there is basicaly notthing to discuss unless you state what did you actualy mean by "real"

Last part is always the worst :( Good news no discussion would survive 0.36

Is that penis realy big or it is just Sensei's dellusion?
Hm, if you really need me to break it down then think of it like this:
  • Reality is what Actually Exists.
  • What Actually Exists is what defines Perception.
  • What defines Perception, is Reality.
Basically: What exists for your Perception to exist, is Reality.

Those who think Perception is Reality, are ignoring that Perception is merely how one interprets Reality. Perception itself is merely a part of Reality, as are we.

In this game, what is Reality is what Sel deems it to be. We merely use the logic within it to decipher what is intended to be considered reality within.
Sensei being a pedo = logical.
Sensei being pregnant with Haruka's child = Illogical.
Sensei having reality altering dick size powers = Unclear.
Rin rolling a 5 = Damn near guaranteed.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It's been brought up before, but hasn't been discussed recently, but Maya has multiple meanings -- one of which is "that which is not," a concept from Hindu. Some aspects of the Hindu concept of Maya overlaps heavily with Paredolia. THus when I said last week that Maya was an illusion -- I wasn't entirely joking. It is very possible that Maya is something (or someone) else entirely, and Sensei was perceiving her as a normal teenage girl, and that the cliffhanger at the end of the last update was the veil being lifted from Sensei's eyes and him seeing the truth.

Under some interpretations of Maya, reality itself is an illusion, a hallucination or illusion driven by a universal subconcious concensus. White Wolf Game Studios played with this concept heavily in the 90s versions of their tabletop RPGs -- the Ravnos vampire clan could manipulate the Maya, and the core conflict of Mage: the Ascension was control over the universal subconcious concensus that defines "reality".

The more Sel leans into Paredolia, the more I think that this has some legs.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
It is very possible that Maya is something (or someone) else entirely, and Sensei was perceiving her as a normal teenage girl, and that the cliffhanger at the end of the last update was the veil being lifted from Sensei's eyes and him seeing the truth.
I don't know why else this gives me so much agony now and I seriously don't know why.

Reactions: Yarazin and rianzz
Mar 3, 2019
The final version cards 2023
A MANDATORY fix from the Ami Fix folder must be installed by everyone who has installed it before.
Rin has been corrected
Chika has been corrected
Otoha has been corrected
Sana has been corrected

Mega
I understand these are completely different contexts, but it still feels so weird to read "X person has been corrected" without the lil angry emojis. It might be too late for me.

Also, thanks for all the hard work with the cards!

• Haha
Reactions: wewladdy

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
In this game, what is Reality is what Sel deems it to be
Oh, simple, in this case everything is real
We merely use the logic within it to decipher what is intended to be considered reality within.

Sensei being a pedo = logical.
Sensei being pregnant with Haruka's child = Illogical.
Sensei having reality altering dick size powers = Unclear.
Rin rolling a 5 = Damn near guaranteed.
Do you imply that sensei being pregnant with Haruka's child cannot be "real"?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
It's been brought up before, but hasn't been discussed recently, but Maya has multiple meanings -- one of which is "that which is not," a concept from Hindu. Some aspects of the Hindu concept of Maya overlaps heavily with Paredolia. THus when I said last week that Maya was an illusion -- I wasn't entirely joking. It is very possible that Maya is something (or someone) else entirely, and Sensei was perceiving her as a normal teenage girl, and that the cliffhanger at the end of the last update was the veil being lifted from Sensei's eyes and him seeing the truth.

Under some interpretations of Maya, reality itself is an illusion, a hallucination or illusion driven by a universal subconcious concensus. White Wolf Game Studios played with this concept heavily in the 90s versions of their tabletop RPGs -- the Ravnos vampire clan could manipulate the Maya, and the core conflict of Mage: the Ascension was control over the universal subconcious concensus that defines "reality".

The more Sel leans into Paredolia, the more I think that this has some legs.
Ironically, in Japanese, Maya can apparently mean "Truth", "Reality", "Genuine", depending on the Kanji. Same with Maaya.

Both "Maya" and "Makinami" also happen to be the names of Japanese Warships. I can't help but wonder why Sel chose to give her the name "Maya Makinami" in particular.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Oh, simple, in this case everything is real

Do you imply that sensei beingpregnant with Haruka's child cannot be "real"?
More like "nothing is real" and "everything is connected".

Also, No. I even joked about it earlier:
You know... if it turns out Sensei gave birth to Nao-chan who is his and Haruka's child, I'm going to have to sit down and contemplate life a little.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes