DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
While not mentioned by name, I'm 99% certain purple hat guy is Akira's brother. And since Nozomu shares a name with one of the gods, I do expect he's HOPE or the Callous God. We've seen Akira mourn Sekai, but we've never heard him talk about his brother at all. Why? Well, we've seen purple hat guy rape Maya, which seems like something the Callous God would want. Seems really in character for him to have sex with girls with no interest in the consequences. Like maybe leaving Sara with two kids. Doing the same with Chika's mom.

Noriko tells us Maya did something that caused Akira to disappear. Something to keep him to herself. What if Maya wanted Sekai gone? Sekai clearly doesn't seem to like Maya much either, but why? Did Maya tell Sekai what Akira's brother had been doing behind her back? Maybe that's why she crashed the car and killed them both. Maybe that's why the Callous God tortures different versions of Maya.

Maybe he didn't start torturing Akira after the resets started. Maybe he always has. Maybe he's always gotten a kick out of making Akira suffer. Maybe that's why Akira jumped through the window and cut his hands? To escape his brother.

Lot of maybes, no hard evidence. But something in my gut tells me Nozomu was a really bad dude. Someone Akira doesn't want to be, but almost was. And if we're not careful, might still be.
In case you're interested, in Noriko's 'Loxosceles Reclusa' Event, Noriko establishes the timeline as this:
  • Accident happens (Ami was 7:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    so Noriko is likely 7 as she's a little older)
  • Sensei ghosts Niki
  • Seemingly a short time afterwards Sensei continued tutoring Noriko:
  • A short time later, Maya shows up:
  • Maya and Sensei grow close
  • One day out of nowhere, Sensei disappears (Implied to have been almost 5 years ago:
    In the present)
  • Noriko looks for him
  • Noriko sees him, presumably with Maya, while on a bus (presumably what she meant by almost 3 years ago:
    Was when they last saw eachother), it apparently doesn't go well, but Sensei glitches, so it's not clear.
  • Noriko continues looking for him
  • Noriko's school collapses
  • Noriko ends up in Wakana's class
  • Noriko finds Sensei
Also, presumably Noriko was being tutored since she was 6, considering it's when she fell in love with him and apparently spent a lot of time with him alone. Not to mention, that's when elementary school starts in japan.

Overall: Maya was probably around 6, maybe 7 (She's months younger than Ami and Noriko) when the Accident happened, and seemingly soon afterwards she began being tutored. Sekai should have been torn to shreds and buried with Nozomu, by the time Sensei and Maya grew close.

TheYeeter55

May 2, 2019
Hello does someone have a good phone wallpaper for one of the girls in this game
(Preferably Molly, Maya, Yumi, Rin, Io, Miku and Yasu but I'll take any good ones as well because I can change them on a daily basis on opera)
because I really love the game and the different characters at this point I would play this game even if it had 0 sexual content.
Thanks in Advance.

Ps: hopefully there is good Maya content in the update

• Haha
Reactions: GSwole

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Personally, I find the whole "reality is subjective" thing, a tad delusional. At least in an irl sense.

If I actually cut off someone's hand and slap them with it, even if they think they still have their hand and weren't slapped, they still were, and no matter what they think, I can just slap them again. Reality is inherently objective. It means what actually exists. You can perceive the hand as a ham, but it's still your hand or at least what is considered your hand.

Of course, within a fictional universe, things get more complicated. Nodoka actually talked about this a little:
So, within this world, I think what can be assumed to be intended to actually exist within this reality, should be considered "Real". Whatever isn't reasonably shown to actually exist within this reality is likely just a hallucination.
The propblem is that rules of Kumon-mi do not prohibit things like "we saw Ami killed, but from Ami perspective she never was killed". Well, tehchnically you can state something like "things on-screen are real and characters' attempts to understand it are reset-induced dellusions / magic", but it would be just one definition of reality (pretty useful, though)

Actualy, there is a better question: is cute girl magic real?

Reactions: NimavonKiritler

ElaineZol

Sep 28, 2022
In case you're interested, in Noriko's 'Loxosceles Reclusa' Event, Noriko establishes the timeline as this:
  • Accident happens (Ami was 7:
    so Noriko is likely 7 as she's a little older)
  • Sensei ghosts Niki
  • Seemingly a short time afterwards Sensei continued tutoring Noriko:
  • A short time later, Maya shows up:
  • Maya and Sensei grow close
  • One day out of nowhere, Sensei disappears (Implied to have been almost 5 years ago:
    In the present)
  • Noriko looks for him
  • Noriko sees him, presumably with Maya, while on a bus (presumably what she meant by almost 3 years ago:
    Was when they last saw eachother), it apparently doesn't go well, but Sensei glitches, so it's not clear.
  • Noriko continues looking for him
  • Noriko's school collapses
  • Noriko ends up in Wakana's class
  • Noriko finds Sensei
Also, presumably Noriko was being tutored since she was 6, considering it's when she fell in love with him and apparently spent a lot of time with him alone. Not to mention, that's when elementary school starts in japan.

Overall: Maya was probably around 6, maybe 7 (She's months younger than Ami and Noriko) when the Accident happened, and seemingly soon afterwards she began being tutored. Sekai should have been torn to shreds and buried with Nozomu, by the time Sensei and Maya grew close.
First, I'd like to thank you for the amount of contribution you do around here, it has helped me a lot understanding many things that I have missed while playing. But I have to ask, do you have these SS available for whenever you post something like this or are you an omnipotent GOD being who knows everything about this world?

Reactions: DeSkel15

SadCoomer

Sep 26, 2020
One thing I never understood about the lore of this game is why would someone send their elementary or middle school kid to being tutored. Is it a normal thing in Japan? I understand doing it in high school because you want good marks for university, but before that it just seems weird to me

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
First, I'd like to thank you for the amount of contribution you do around here, it has helped me a lot understanding many things that I have missed while playing. But I have to ask, do you have these SS available for whenever you post something like this or are you an omnipotent GOD being who knows everything about this world?
A little bit of both, I guess. I can recall quite a bit of the game, but over time as things come up on here, I collect screenshots I show, that I think may come up again later.

Also, I sometimes just screenshot silly things I think might be fun to bring up one day, like Maya making bird noises:

More or less I can typically find whatever I want to show, and already have a bunch of stuff prepared. I definitely don't recall everything though, as I'm still finding little things I've overlooked during replays.

Reactions: Squalicorax

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
One thing I never understood about the lore of this game is why would someone send their elementary or middle school kid to being tutored. Is it a normal thing in Japan? I understand doing it in high school because you want good marks for university, but before that it just seems weird to me
I think there is a "bare minimum" requirement, like, the kid has to read and maybe even write to get in some elementary schools (mine was like that, there was an exam and everything), but many parents just don't really have time to do this and maybe there is no kindergarten where they could learn all that in the area, so, either parents has to teach or some tutor can do that, that's where sensei comes in. So, it was never really a question in my book, though I remember having a theory that it was some cult thing, don't remember the specifics why I thought that though...

Spartyn456

May 25, 2022
I am probably very late to the party, but as i just discovered this game i was curious, what are the care packages all about? Are they worth downloading, i'm about to play the game for the first time and i'm not sure if i'll be missing out, any help is appreciated

GSwole

May 1, 2023
I am probably very late to the party, but as i just discovered this game i was curious, what are the care packages all about? Are they worth downloading, i'm about to play the game for the first time and i'm not sure if i'll be missing out, any help is appreciated
they have no relevance to the main game unless you get super into the plot

Reactions: Spartyn456

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Not worth it. If you download them anyway - DO NOT INSTALL THEM IN GAME, more hassle than it's worth, with all the savefile deletion and whatnot. You can open them outside of the game just fine.
Inside you will see explanation about some of the earlier events, some tidbits about some of the characters and a bit of wizard content.

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
Replayed .35 tonight just to refresh before Monday, not sure it was a great idea since I am now depressed again...

It did remind me though how much I love Maya and Niki. Might as well list others I love that were in .35 so... Ayane, Rin, Molly, Touka, Tsunecchi, Kaori, Chika, Yumi, Makoto, Karin, Uta, and sometimes Kirin.

It also had me remembering that I may have never really liked Ami much. I don't greatly dislike her as I do Otoha and Nododa, but damn she is a real bitch to Maya and others. I know she has reasons but still.

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
So, eh, doing very slow replay of translated LiL with me wife, I once again notice some things that I overlooked during my initial playthrough.

I wonder if there's a relevance to these three character specifically. Yumi - we know she kinda made it in Reset 5, but I wouldn't associate her with HOPE. So is there some significance, or is it just outlining similarities in their demeanor to the Trio?

GSwole

May 1, 2023
Not worth it. If you download them anyway - DO NOT INSTALL THEM IN GAME, more hassle than it's worth, with all the savefile deletion and whatnot. You can open them outside of the game just fine.
Inside you will see explanation about some of the earlier events, some tidbits about some of the characters and a bit of wizard content.
imo its more hassle to copy and backup saves and look at the care package content outside of the game than it is spending $2 to not worry about them deleting

Reactions: Spartyn456

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It's a by-product of how competitive the Japanese school system is.

Note the name of the tutoring style, btw. It's in the second paragraph.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, eh, doing very slow replay of translated LiL with me wife, I once again notice some things that I overlooked during my initial playthrough.

I wonder if there's a relevance to these three character specifically. Yumi - we know she kinda made it in Reset 5, but I wouldn't associate her with HOPE. So is there some significance, or is it just outlining similarities in their demeanor to the Trio?
It could just be the Narrator merely pointing out how Rin sometimes feels nothing and is Calm, Yumi goes out of her way to hurt others and is Callous, while Futaba tends to worry about things and is Concerned.

Although, taking into account the gods apparently want sacrifices, Sensei raping the girls was possibly common place, and Sensei forced himself onto Yumi during Chapter 1, in Summer, which is implied to be HOPE's season: It's possible that Rin is usually the Calm's sacrifice, Yumi the Callous', and Futaba the Concerned's in previous timelines.

Random Theory:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
The propblem is that rules of Kumon-mi do not prohibit things like "we saw Ami killed, but from Ami perspective she never was killed". Well, tehchnically you can state something like "things on-screen are real and characters' attempts to understand it are reset-induced dellusions / magic", but it would be just one definition of reality (pretty useful, though)

Actualy, there is a better question: is cute girl magic real?
My bad, must have missed this.

Anyway, keep in mind that seeing or thinking something doesn't actually make something "real". Even in real life. It's only thought to be "real". People can fake their deaths, and others can think they are dead, but the reality is, that they faked their deaths. In this scenario, it's "real" that we saw Ami dead. Whether Ami was actually dead, is unknown. Ami's or our own perspective doesn't change "reality". If she was alive, she was alive. If she was dead, she was dead. Whether Ami knows what happened doesn't actually matter.

Although, Makoto seems to remember her deaths, so It doesn't seem like it's actually removed from their memory when characters die. They seem to just try to ignore and forget things they don't understand or don't want to remember.

Also, Ami might have some actual "Cute Girl Magic", but I don't think Ayane and Maya actually do. Ayane is rich and smart, so she can just buy things to show off later. Maya likes food and isn't exactly afraid of getting fat, since she probably can't.

Ami on the other hand is either an expert at Hypnotism or has some kind of magic, in this world:
At least, if you're not fucking her in the 'Robin Hood' Main Event.

To be fair though, Ami did seem to possibly do something to Io and Uta prior to apparently manipulating their minds on cue.

During the 'Midnight Mom Mosh' Main Event, Sensei made it blatantly clear that he had a secret relationship with Uta and Io right in front of Ami. Ami then made it clear she was going to "have a few words" with them:
So, it's possibly more like a cheat code, hack, or failsafe, depending on what abilities Ami actually possesses in this world. What may seem magical or supernatural could be, well, not, by this world's standards.

It still isn't clear exactly how this world works.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kitty Hawk

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Anyway, keep in mind that seeing or thinking something doesn't actually make something "real". Even in real life. It's only thought to be "real". People can fake their deaths, and others can think they are dead, but the reality is, that they faked their deaths.
Sure and I have never wrote so. The problem that distinguisher we use in real live would not work in Kumon-mi. There is no problem with artificial fakes (like direct lie) - they are obviously not real.

In this scenario, it's "real" that we saw Ami dead. Whether Ami was actually dead, is unknown. Ami's or our own perspective doesn't change "reality". If she was alive, she was alive. If she was dead, she was dead. Whether Ami knows what happened doesn't actually matter.
So the truth here is that nobody can answer did Ami realy died, isn't it?
Although, Makoto seems to remember her deaths, so It doesn't seem like it's actually removed from their memory when characters die. They seem to just try to ignore and forget things they don't understand or don't want to remember.
Just reminder: Makoto haven't died in bluejay (at least it wasn't shown), her fall from the roof was interupted by some kind of divine intervention.

Also, Ami might have some actual "Cute Girl Magic", but I don't think Ayane and Maya actually do. Ayane is rich and smart, so she can just buy things to show off later. Maya likes food and isn't exactly afraid of getting fat, since she probably can't.
You are missing the point. The question is not "can cute girl magic be explained", it is "is cute girl magic real". I can rephrase it like "would it be real if it could not be explained otherwise than magic". Also, do you realy think Ayane can hide giant banana during ?

Once again, how do you define "real" regarding Kumon-mi?

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
This discussion feels like it's gone waaaay off the rails into the severely abstract and esoteric, which isn't surprising since it's a question of fundamental philosophy, but i feel like everyone's taking it too far and getting frustrated, the new update is like less than two days away, let's not lose our cool after having survived this long already.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes