Dec 31, 2021
Neither do I, though I do sometimes wonder as to what that might actually mean about myself. Ultimately, I find the characters to be so fun to watch, and the overall story to be so weird and complicated, that I can't really pull myself away. I guess I'm not really easy to be made to feel disturbed or bothered by just about anything media can throw at me, so I can kinda just keep pushing through whatever happens. That doesn't mean it doesn't leave an emotional impact on me, though, and I think this impact is what makes art worth experiencing.

Aug 20, 2021
I guess to add further, beyond the weird horror aspects and reset time loop shenanigans, I realized very quickly just how attached I got to the characters. Not just main girls in class, but the other ones too. Not many VNs have been able to do that for me. What Lessons In Love is, is an in depth character analysis. On Sensei, on Ami, on Maya, on Io, on Kaori. On everyone pretty much. They all have their separate issues, and we get to see what makes each of them tick.

Most of all, I enjoy the conflicting feelings you get while playing. To go from dicking someone down in their dorm room to having an endearing conversation with them in the next event… it kinda messes with your head in the best possible way if that makes sense.

“Ugh, this is so messed up… But I gotta see where this goes!” That kinda thing.

Dec 31, 2021
That sums it up so well, man. The characters really make it something else. I went from hating Ayane early on, to having her be a top girl, and Futaba went the opposite way, where I now hate her after thinking she was pretty good early on. And my changes in opinion didn't happen because the writing went haywire and fucked up; its was because the writing showed them changing and evolving and deepening. And these character arcs have got me invested in a way that few other games have.

Aug 20, 2021
That sums it up so well, man. The characters really make it something else. I went from hating Ayane early on, to having her be a top girl, and Futaba went the opposite way, where I now hate her after thinking she was pretty good early on. And my changes in opinion didn't happen because the writing went haywire and fucked up; its was because the writing showed them changing and evolving and deepening. And these character arcs have got me invested in a way that few other games have.
That’s really funny because I had the same exact experience with Ayane lol. I didn’t hate her early on, but she did kinda annoy me a little. Especially since she didn’t take the whole reset stuff very seriously at first and treated it almost as a game. Which in hindsight, I mean, I can’t blame her for. Any sane person’s reaction would either be immense panic or excitement, so yeah.

But as Ayane grew more and more experienced with the resets, and after all the recent hardships the RAS went through, we’re finally seeing Ayane’s evolution as Akira’s new rock. Ayane keeps him held together, and Akira does the same for her so she isn’t alone with this burden.

Tl;dr - Ayane is top tier

seventhsword

Apr 30, 2018
I have to intensely disagree with the thread on this one. This update was amazing. Nodoka is climbing the ranks in my tier list. I liked Io a lot when she was first introduced, but she has fallen to the absolute bottom with how un-fun she has been as a character. Dorm wars were great too. I didn't mind the bit of levity after how heavy the last update was. I personally wouldn't mind if Sensei and Maya both just fucked off from the story for good and we just got cute lesbian shenanigans instead, but losing Ami (the best girl) would suck.

vexx_

Dec 1, 2019
I'm reinstalling this to a different PC, do I still need to download the care packages?

Dec 31, 2021
I'm reinstalling this to a different PC, do I still need to download the care packages?
If its a fresh install on the new computer from a download site, then yes. Is you are copying the files over from a thumb drive or something, then no. Also, don't forget to sanitize them to avoid save fuckery.

Reactions: vexx_
Dec 31, 2021
Out of curiosity, who’s your favorite character?
For me, having now experienced proper "good homie route" on my second playthrough, Rin is sitting right up there. But Niki is neck and neck, and I'm not really sure who's the better of the two. I have a feeling that if Rin is handled well this chapter, she'll dominate the ranking though. Runner-up is Uta, because how couldn't Uta be at the top?

Aug 20, 2021
For me, having now experienced proper "good homie route" on my second playthrough, Rin is sitting right up there. But Niki is neck and neck, and I'm not really sure who's the better of the two. I have a feeling that if Rin is handled well this chapter, she'll dominate the ranking though. Runner-up is Uta, because how couldn't Uta be at the top?
Valid.

Dec 31, 2021
I always find it interesting when people talk about their favorite characters, since it gives me a chance to understand other people's interests and preferences instead of just my own. I love Kaori, but never thought of her as top tier per se. What makes you like her so much?

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko
Aug 20, 2021
I always find it interesting when people talk about their favorite characters, since it gives me a chance to understand other people's interests and preferences instead of just my own. I love Kaori, but never thought of her as top tier per se. What makes you like her so much?
Huh, where to start…

- Kaori’s incredibly endearing and fun to converse with. Her phrasing of words in her broken way of speaking is honestly pretty cute.
- Her unfortunate circumstances relating to her injuries after it’s hinted that she was in a car accident are really sad and make me sympathize with her. You immediately understand her mannerisms and way of speaking after you learn this about her.
- She’s the best damn waitress around!
- Kaori’s heterochromia (double eye color) is a unique design choice and physically makes her stand out.
- Her relation to Yumi and Yuki fills in the blanks to Kaori’s past even further, yet still leaves us wondering just what she was like before the accident.
- The fact that she really cherishes her friendship with Akira, due to the fact that all her other past ‘friends’ ran away due to how strangely she acted. It’s wholesome stuff.
- How motherly she’s becoming with Nao-chan. Clearly Kaori doesn’t have experience going for her, but she’s doing her best.
- Oh yeah, not to mention how freakin’ Sekai is literally possessing her at will every now and then, which contributes even more to the game’s overall mystery.

Sooo yeah. A lot to love about Kaori.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes