Dec 18, 2020
While it is apparent now that the new Maya still has high affinity toward Sensei, I applaud Selly for his attempt in making a distinction between what love means to this Maya that is much more influenced by her history, and what love means to our Maya after experiencing the never ending cycle.
So... You think, basically, the new Maya thinks love is "Yeah, let's fuck, cuddle for a while and then consider it over," while OUR Maya has learned that love isn't just about sex, but also about the person you like.

Reactions: crustlord12

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
It’s nice to get a subtle update on how much of her understanding to Kumon-mi stays in sync with us, and why that sex on the roof happened. At least we are affirmed now that it wasn’t like Maya would fail this reset no matter what and the sex was her wanting a parting gift; the sex was what popped her.
Sorry but how did you make that leap? Did i miss something?

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
So... You think, basically, the new Maya thinks love is "Yeah, let's fuck, cuddle for a while and then consider it over," while OUR Maya has learned that love isn't just about sex, but also about the person you like.
Yes; basically what Sensei means to our Maya feels so drastically different from what Sensei means to this current Maya, to a point that it's almost like actual love vs desperate codependency disguised as intimate relationship; like I am not even sure if this current Maya has convinced herself that she loves Sensei yet, in comparison to our Maya who simply can't show or say it. This difference to me is great enough that some transitions from her point of view must have happened during her time in the loops if this kind of mindset was how she entered them.

But I guess I am just not really used to her ahego face, but hey I am not complaining.

Sorry but how did you make that leap? Did i miss something?
This is from Rika's new event. I took the liberty of connecting fucking Maya and Maya popped as cause and effect, and the whole thing wasn't initiated by an about-to-be-reset Maya. But I will admit that claiming "we know why sex on the roof happened" is still a little early when all we can assume is this is a formal punishment from the gods without anything really substantial to support it.
1712251729038.png
As for how sync her memory is, it's just how she doesn't know Ami and Ayane kissed.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
The next thing is the despawning itself. Last time it happened to Tsuneyo in TH15 15NT M3, and more previously to Kaori in Wither. Both events, as well as the rest of the strange things that took place in Tojo Raman (Things Like Stairs and Blackout), came with electric blackouts. At this point it is safe to assume that these electric blackouts are byproducts of god’s work, like drawing immense power through the wires to achieve specific divine goals.
I don't think she despawns. I think she teleports to exactly where she needs to be (like right behind Sensei and Yuki when they're about to intrude into her father's room)

Reactions: fdsasdf_p

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
I've been thinking, how do you manage to "redeem" the MC? Like obviously, redemption would entail not screwing underage girls, but doesn't that kinda go against the entire point of the game? In a way, "redemption" is never starting the game in the first place, but again, I doubt anyone will accept an ending akin to "it was all a dream."

Aug 20, 2021
I've been thinking, how do you manage to "redeem" the MC? Like obviously, redemption would entail not screwing underage girls, but doesn't that kinda go against the entire point of the game? In a way, "redemption" is never starting the game in the first place, but again, I doubt anyone will accept an ending akin to "it was all a dream."
A very good question. I don’t think Sensei can ever be completely redeemed, because obviously the sins of his past will always remain. However, redemption is possible in the loose sense of the word when he’s finally able to strengthen his resolve, take a hard look at his past along with the horrible things that happened, and acknowledge them.

Akira couldn’t even remember his own name for an entire chapter or even Sekai’s face because he intentionally suppressed the trauma it brought him. Something that Niki helped him overcome in “The End of the Tour (Glasswalker)”. Still one of my favorite events in the entire game btw.

Yes, he was hated by his mother. Yes, he was groomed by Sekai. Yes, he ran out on Niki without saying a word after Sekai’s death. Yes, he repeated the cycle of grooming with his students like Sekai did to him. All of this happened.

But Akira’s problem right now is that, while he knows what he does is wrong, he almost never makes any active effort to become someone better. And when he does make an effort to become better, the gods are there to remind him that he’s their puppet to use as they see fit, whether he wants to be or not.

So to recap: I don’t believe Akira’s slate can ever be wiped completely clean, but he can at least gather the strength within himself to break the cycle of trauma and abuse, and become a better man for it. To do this, though, the gods must be dealt with somehow, some way.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
A very good question. I don’t think Sensei can ever be completely redeemed, because obviously the sins of his past will always remain. However, redemption is possible in the loose sense of the word when he’s finally able to strengthen his resolve, take a hard look at his past along with the horrible things that happened, and acknowledge them.

Akira couldn’t even remember his own name for an entire chapter or even Sekai’s face because he intentionally suppressed the trauma it brought him. Something that Niki helped him overcome in “The End of the Tour (Glasswalker)”. Still one of my favorite events in the entire game btw.

Yes, he was hated by his mother. Yes, he was groomed by Sekai. Yes, he ran out on Niki without saying a word after Sekai’s death. Yes, he repeated the cycle of grooming with his students like Sekai did to him. All of this happened.

But Akira’s problem right now is that, while he knows what he does is wrong, he almost never makes any active effort to become someone better. And when he does make an effort to become better, the gods are there to remind him that he’s their puppet to use as they see fit, whether he wants to be or not.

So to recap: I don’t believe Akira’s slate can ever be wiped completely clean, but he can at least gather the strength within himself to break the cycle of trauma and abuse, and become a better man for it. To do this, though, the gods must be dealt with somehow, some way.
Agreed, in order for him to have any semblance of redemption he would need to get away from the influence of the gods (and Sekai's ghost). He did at least try as you said so there may be some hope there when this is all over.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I don't think he's going to be redeemed at all. In fact, I suspect the "purity" endings may exist to redeem each of the girls from the downward spiral he's dragging them down.

This update showed that most of the girls are spiraling the drain without him. They need him, and considering the kind of man he is, that's dangerously unhealthy for all of them.

The most recent reset showed how this plays out. He ends up alone and miserable. That's his finale. That's his penance.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
I don't think he's going to be redeemed at all. In fact, I suspect the "purity" endings may exist to redeem each of the girls from the downward spiral he's dragging them down.
As far as I remember it has been said several times that the pure endings will focus on Akira getting with each specific girl on the chosen route and having special sex scenes for each of them, so your logic doesn't make sense.

Edit:It's not to sound rude or arrogant, it's just a reminder.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes