cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
Check out the post. Created by "Selebus". Checking out their profile shows they are a donor and a game developer. Their profile pic is Ami. Googling the name "Selebus" leads to a Patreon account for Lessons in Love, developed by Selebus.

I don't really know how f95 works behind the scenes, but it seems likely to me that the person uploading the game updates is the developer of the game
That's not how it works. Selebus is the dev of this game, but he doesn't have full control over the OP.

I mean, he might be leaking his own updates. But I don't see what he'd be getting out of it.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Check out the post. Created by "Selebus". Checking out their profile shows they are a donor and a game developer. Their profile pic is Ami. Googling the name "Selebus" leads to a Patreon account for Lessons in Love, developed by Selebus.

I don't really know how f95 works behind the scenes, but it seems likely to me that the person uploading the game updates is the developer of the game
I am the developer and technically own the post, but the mods are the ones who post the download links after players send them leaked versions of the game.

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
I am the developer and technically own the post, but the mods are the ones who post the download links after players send them leaked versions of the game.
That whole: I googled the name and got patreon, detective weirdness, looked like it came right out of a conspiracy theorist playbook :LOL:

We all know that you are in fact the deep state and that you leak your own content as a false flag operation. Duh.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Well, v11 should be more interesting than the not yet leaked 10.2. After reaching the goal there should new girls join in the next story-version...maybe our hidden pirate is waiting for this ^^

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I mean, I'm pretty sure the uploader here is the game dev

Yes and no, updates would be provided by Selebus once they go public, but others sometimes do leak versions before they go public. It just hasn't happened yet on this one.

Yo it's been 2 full days this time and it still hasn't happened so I'm kinda psyched right now ngl
Maybe the people who did it before have stopped out of respect, who knows.

On the plus side, it appears that a few F95zone users (include me) are willing to wait two weeks regardless of leaks or not :)
You got that right. I'll take it if offered, of course, that's what I use F95 for, but I will NEVER upload this game here without it going public first. It would betray the respect I have for Selebus and I don't want to be a bad homie again. That said, I can't wait anymore, that's right Selebus, you got me, which isn't easy, I'm a hard sell. Now I just have to wait for it to download.

Also, I was going back through the halloween party and I found something
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

erdor

Nov 20, 2019
Not to give Selebus any ideas, but it'd be a real hilarious move to leak a fake version which would mark us for cheaters and then lock us into a bad ending at the last moment, months down the line when this game is out.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Not to give Selebus any ideas, but it'd be a real hilarious move to leak a fake version which would mark us for cheaters and then lock us into a bad ending at the last moment, months down the line when this game is out.
The problem with that (besides the ill will it would generate) is that a lot of Patreon supporters also use the links here.
I kind of have to agree. As funny as the reactions might be, it could potentially hurt the game as could marking the save for cheating at all. We already see posts that are inherently negative regarding both the lockouts if you mess up, Rin, and the 'happy' scenes, though more against the 'happy' scenes than the lockouts and more moderate in negativity than 'inherently negative' might imply alone. I play another game where there really are consequences in the form of a title change that is permanent unless you change it by altering the game code to reverse the flag when triggering what triggered the flag in the first place or by going into the browser console to change the flag state. That wasn't received very well, either. I'm not sure marking the save at all is a good idea unless it is optional because there will be complaints, guaranteed, and it could snowball into a bigger mess.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
That's not how it works. Selebus is the dev of this game, but he doesn't have full control over the OP.

I mean, he might be leaking his own updates. But I don't see what he'd be getting out of it.
We uploaders usually don't watch all game threads unless it is one we are personally interested in so unless someone is requesting an update to a thread on game updates often times a thread won't get an update as quickly (or in some cases at all because we don't know an update is available.)

so far nobody has made a thread requesting part 2 yet.

Which is strange because that usually happens within a few hours of a release on most games.

Don't expect me to be the one to leak the game though because I am cheap and don't spend my money on patreons. Because I am cheap.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
We uploaders usually don't watch all game threads unless it is one we are personally interested in so unless someone is requesting an update to a thread on game updates often times a thread won't get an update as quickly (or in some cases at all because we don't know an update is available.)

so far nobody has made a thread requesting part 2 yet.

Which is strange because that usually happens within a few hours of a release on most games.

Don't expect me to be the one to leak the game though because I am cheap and don't spend my money on patreons. Because I am cheap.
I know, two days and it's still silent, it's almost as unsettling as how fast they can do it when they want to. I even went out of my way to do an extensive search and the only links I can find are 0.10.0 part 1 or earlier. I'm with you on not uploading myself for different reasons, though I would not be opposed once it goes public.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Maybe because people arent interesting play long special event like halloween.
Or maybe they are under the false assumption that Selebus isn't producing as much to milk subscribers because of the new release schedule. Thanks to the new schedule, there is less per release because each update is split in two. That means they see smaller content portions in the leaks. That could be seen by those who watch actual lazy devs as Selebus backing off to milk us because they literally see no other alternatives, either a dev is pumping out content or he's milking subscribers in their eyes. This false assumption could lead to less interest from those who would assume as much, which are usually among those who would leak releases, not that everyone who leaks is like that or that everyone who is like that leaks releases, that's not necessarily true, either. Give it time, though. If any of them get a hold of it and see the content in part 2, there WILL be leaks. The content is fantastic as usual with some things, which I will not detail just yet, actually managing a second breach in the walls I put up when viewing fiction. It managed an emotional response on two separate occasions that did even more damage to the crumbling barriers the last few already broke through AND to my reaction barrier. All I will say is that they involve Miku and Makoto. You'll have to wait for discussion to begin after the public release to get anymore out of me.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Does anyone honestly think Selebus is milking subscription money? Radiant makes more and just released its second update, 7 months in. 2 substantial content updates per month is an insanely productive clip.
The comments on my most recent Patreon post are all just people telling me to take a break, lmao

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes