PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Better than starting over

Due to an oversight (I fucked up my backup) It's not my end-of-update .40 save, but it's right after the death ball event from the sensei-less dorm wars, so it's basically really close. I'm not sure what events you'll have to redo, I don't really remember. You can just slap the files in your 'saves' folder and (assuming I didn't fuck up uploading the fucked up backup) you should be good to go

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Those things should not be the same, as you pointed out. Nodoka is hinted to have a connection to the world itself, and Noriko is led by Nao-chan. Tsuneyo is hinted to have a connection to Wires, the girls that remember (everything) all have a connection to the roof.

One other point of interest is that this cycle isn't randomly happening, it was engineered to be this way by foreign entities. Akira remembering, Maya giving in, Ayane surviving, Nao-chan being sent as help, Spring arriving - all of this is part of a larger plan (or to be more accurate multiple plans to make this cycle different). So definitely it isn't all just because the cycle is taking longer, since the reason it's taking longer isn't random.

Edit: I should probably give a concrete example. So, Noriko's school sinks in, that brings her to Akira's school, which leads to her giving him a box with Niki's letters - that's the moment he remembers his first memory of being the real Akira. Fast-forward a few hours, he ends the night on a roof with Maya, Noodles and Himawari. This was not a random event that just happened. Another example: Himawari shows up to sell Akira the very same scarf that Maya had when Akira accepted her feelings, she breaks down when receiving it, which kickstarts her giving in process. There are many such cases of things being nudged in a specific way.
That's a much better way of putting it and looking at it. The girls are already influenced as well as the cycle. I guess the question is just why, and why even more so recently — but that's been the question for the entire game, and I'm probably grasping at straws wondering what's up with it. I suppose now I'm just wondering what specifically is going on with people like Noriko and Nodoka. Some of it seems a little less clear. Now that you mention it, who/what was behind the sinkhole near Noriko's old school, anyway? I kinda just never thought about it again. Hopefully there will be more answers soon, now that I'm actually playing as updates come out again and need to know.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
That's a much better way of putting it and looking at it. The girls are already influenced as well as the cycle. I guess the question is just why, and why even more so recently — but that's been the question for the entire game, and I'm probably grasping at straws wondering what's up with it. I suppose now I'm just wondering what specifically is going on with people like Noriko and Nodoka. Some of it seems a little less clear. Now that you mention it, who/what was behind the sinkhole near Noriko's old school, anyway? I kinda just never thought about it again. Hopefully there will be more answers soon, now that I'm actually playing as updates come out again and need to know.
The best guess at the moment is Pareidolia. Neither HOPE nor Wires profit from changing things, since the cycles already changed from one to the other for hundreds of years. Following that logic, Himawari should have been working under Pareidolia until saving Ayane.

However, there are four users, not three. So a very strong possibility exists that Himawari's goals aligned with Pareidolia's up to a certain point. But they're not necessarily the same endgoal, and she may be working under USER4 instead. Both of them needed Akira to remember his past, and possibly for Maya to be taken out. Did both of them need Sekai to be brought back, instead of just Akira remembering her? unknown.

Who are the ones that sent Nao-chan to help? It's around that time that things start to get really messy, because it's around the point that Akira is first saved from factory reset by an unknown entity - other than USER1 and USER2 (during "untitled") that the status quo crumbles. It isn't about HOPE versus Wires anymore. Pareidolia makes itself known, and other entities start appearing. So from that point forward, it's also acceptable for HOPE and Wires to start trying to change things too (to restore the old status quo if nothing else).

So we're at a point in the story that every entity has cause for trying to interfere. Which makes it narrowing down that much harder (this may include random gods and the world itself).

NicolasL4D

Feb 6, 2023
Hey guys, what emotions have Akira visibly expressed to begin with?

Like, we've seen anger like once, uneasyness, maybe even fear. I think .41 was the first time we saw visible sadness? At least in the Io event. Idk.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Angra Shadow

Jun 6, 2023
Sel can try to gaslight his readers all he wants about how Io is such a horrible unlikeable person whose fans like her for the "wrong" reasons (whatever the hell that was supposed to mean), but his actual writing continues to time and time again prove that she is completely justified in being the way she is and even makes her look admirable as most people would have turned out way worse.

Reactions: Bingoogus

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Has anyone yet mentioned Akira talking about becoming a Collector, in his discussion with Yasu? I can't pull up the scene right now for the context and exact verbiage but that's associated with Pareidolia, right?

• Thinking Face

Lux Perpetua

Oct 2, 2017
Sel can try to gaslight his readers all he wants about how Io is such a horrible unlikeable person whose fans like her for the "wrong" reasons (whatever the hell that was supposed to mean)
Did he really do that? Well that's just ridiculous, I think the early versions of Yumi and Kirin were much more horrible characters.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
So as things are right now,all 4 users,Padeilia,Hope,wires and fuccking everyone has reason to interfere with the plot but i just wonder.In the past when talking about the cycles Maya said something interesting.Something along the lines of "You were there from the beginning".I cant find it right now but this implies that the cycles started due to some event.What could that event be?Why would so many gods decide to suddenly take a piece of Akira for themselves.Is it because he just happened to be a fiiting candidate or is it because somehow or another he is the one most capable to reaching the Wishing Well?

Its so weird to me you know?Why would the cycles start all of a sudden.I suppose we will find out in the future.Speaking of the future,anyone has a preview of .42? Im curious to see who will be getting some love next update.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Not that I think any actual psychiatrist would support Akira's actions, but facing your fears instead of avoiding them is a part of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), which is widely used today.
I get a kick out of deliberately choosing to read CBT as cock and ball torture whenever i read it in that context. All these people getting CBT so they are more mentally well is a ridiculous mental image. I also enjoy imagining the opposite in the inverse context. Need me a dom that helps me deal with my trauma.

• Haha

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Hey guys, what emotions have Akira visibly expressed to begin with?

Like, we've seen anger like once, uneasyness, maybe even fear. I think .41 was the first time we saw visible sadness? At least in the Io event. Idk.
Akira expressed joy 4 times, as far as I remember, 1 when he went on a date with Maya and saw the fireworks with her (so much so that this is the moment he felt happiest) 2 when he talked to Maya about his name , he went to sleep that night smiling happily after the conversation with Maya.3 Which was when he and Maya almost kissed, 4 was when he was talking to Ami about her calling him dad.

Akira already had a moment of anxiety that was after the almost kiss between them and Maya that he couldn't sleep at night.

Akira has already had 2 moments of great sadness that made him break, which was the death of Sekai and the “death” of Maya.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Something I'm noticing on my redline run.

I was able to escape the first reset after only 7 trips to the Shrine. When I went into my save editor to update a Love value, I noticed that godlove was 7.

I went in after I finished chapter 1 because I had forgotten to update Kirin's, and it now said godlove 8.

So something caused that to tick up well after the first reset.

• Thinking Face
Dec 18, 2020
Something I'm noticing on my redline run.

I was able to escape the first reset after only 7 trips to the Shrine. When I went into my save editor to update a Love value, I noticed that godlove was 7.

I went in after I finished chapter 1 because I had forgotten to update Kirin's, and it now said godlove 8.

So something caused that to tick up well after the first reset.
There is a god among us

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes