PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
That's correct and a very good point. However, that would only be the exact case if your desired outcome also didn't result in a worse narrative. There are many examples, but I've already listed them a couple of times, so I'll just focus on one. Depending on what you did first, Yumi may resist Nodoka's blackmail or not. You can say "well, I'd rather have a timeline where Yumi wasn't sexually assaulted by Nodoka", I don't mind "missing" whatever would come from that because I'd rather have a world where it didn't happen at all. That's perfectly acceptable in theory. But the issue is that Selebus wants to tell a story where it happened.

If you have the blackmail not happen, then Yumi reacts to Nodoka and especially Akira in a way that borders bizarre. Akira would have literally found her in the baths, offered his shirt to her, she'd have rejected it for god knows what reason, and that would have been it. It makes no sense for Yumi to despise him in the same way from both "I can't believe you'd have sex with Nodoka when you already have Chika" and "I can't believe you'd watch while someone sexually assaulted me without doing anything, and then go on to cum in her mouth in front of me".

I agree with your point in theory, and hey, I can only speak for myself, but I couldn't care less how someone else chose to play the game. Miss everything, miss nothing, even if they chose to stop playing because they bought into the "you're responsible for this since you didn't stop playing" thing, I think that's a valid choice. But the issue that I see is that the story is worse if you miss events, not because there's a canonical path, but because Selebus doesn't put enough effort in following through with his alternate choices. Maybe he changes that when the game is finished, that'd be nice.
All of those points are fair. One problem with what I said, which is somewhat idealistic, is that you can't actually predict the future and know that the "choice you wanted" actually results in things ending up the way you wanted them. The poor continuity like you pointed out is another good reason I didn't really consider, either. That's just going to come down to how everything is written.
I'm not trying to tell anyone how to play a game, I want people to play however they enjoy, though I probably should have stressed that. I think what I wanted to say was more-so geared at the people who feel that they want to do x, but feel a need to pick y, for reasons like fear of missing out or any of those other reasons. I'm just trying to say hey, think about it, if you go with your gut reaction because you think that's more important then great, but even if you go the other way, at least you thought about it. Basically, "Don't feel bad if you did this thing, even if you miss a scene or something because of it, if it's what you feel like you want to do."

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
That's correct and a very good point. However, that would only be the exact case if your desired outcome also didn't result in a worse narrative. There are many examples, but I've already listed them a couple of times, so I'll just focus on one. Depending on what you did first, Yumi may resist Nodoka's blackmail or not. You can say "well, I'd rather have a timeline where Yumi wasn't sexually assaulted by Nodoka", I don't mind "missing" whatever would come from that because I'd rather have a world where it didn't happen at all. That's perfectly acceptable in theory. But the issue is that Selebus wants to tell a story where it happened.

If you have the blackmail not happen, then Yumi reacts to Nodoka and especially Akira in a way that borders bizarre. Akira would have literally found her in the baths, offered his shirt to her, she'd have rejected it for god knows what reason, and that would have been it. It makes no sense for Yumi to despise him in the same way from both "I can't believe you'd have sex with Nodoka when you already have Chika" and "I can't believe you'd watch while someone sexually assaulted me without doing anything, and then go on to cum in her mouth in front of me".

I agree with your point in theory, and hey, I can only speak for myself, but I couldn't care less how someone else chose to play the game. Miss everything, miss nothing, even if they chose to stop playing because they bought into the "you're responsible for this since you didn't stop playing" thing, I think that's a valid choice. But the issue that I see is that the story is worse if you miss events, not because there's a canonical path, but because Selebus doesn't put enough effort in following through with his alternate choices. Maybe he changes that when the game is finished, that'd be nice.
Honestly after the latest fiasco of missing events due to choosing the objectively correct decitions(Io,Sana etc) im tempted to wait until .50(cause its a good number) and then replay the whole game,going 100% green path to see what Sel is cooking.

Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I don't know, some of these don't match up (such as the picture with Yasu,) Concern was the god when he was a child, prior to Callous even existing (aka prior to Sekai,) so why it'd be doing stuff like encouraging Akira during the Io event just... doesn't line up.

While Concern is user3, what we see doesn't match up with what we know. We know USER3 basically never thinks in a sexual way ("Never in a sexual manner or anything like that, but in a normal way.") So it doesn't make sense. I don't know.

I might be high or something and just been zoning out. I haven't really played the game in a while before recently.
Never in a sexual manner towards Akira. "I'm thinking about you all the time. And I don't mean it in a sexual manner. We're friends". Also, concern doesn't mean a good person. I can be concerned that I don't even have a season and it's all been between Wires and HOPE for hundreds of years. Yasu constantly says that HOPE isn't callous either. It's a matter of perception.

However, if your theory is that USER3 isn't Pareidolia, then there isn't much we can say on that front.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
All of those points are fair. One problem with what I said, which is somewhat idealistic, is that you can't actually predict the future and know that the "choice you wanted" actually results in things ending up the way you wanted them. The poor continuity like you pointed out is another good reason I didn't really consider, either. That's just going to come down to how everything is written.
I'm not trying to tell anyone how to play a game, I want people to play however they enjoy, though I probably should have stressed that. I think what I wanted to say was more-so geared at the people who feel that they want to do x, but feel a need to pick y, for reasons like fear of missing out or any of those other reasons. I'm just trying to say hey, think about it, if you go with your gut reaction because you think that's more important then great, but even if you go the other way, at least you thought about it. Basically, "Don't feel bad if you did this thing, even if you miss a scene or something because of it, if it's what you feel like you want to do."
That's fair. I think we're of the same mind on the matter. Perhaps some of us have triggered that reaction from other people by focusing so much on the so called green path, that they somehow felt they had to justify not following it. More power to them if that's the case. I hope people play however they want to play.

Edit: For what it's worth, I will say that the "miss" option to Io's event is beautiful and uplifting.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
That's fair. I think we're of the same mind on the matter. Perhaps some of us have triggered that reaction from other people by focusing so much on the so called green path, that they somehow felt they had to justify not following it. More power to them if that's the case. I hope people play however they want to play.

Edit: For what it's worth, I will say that the "miss" option to Io's event is beautiful and uplifting.
I wouldn't put that on anyone, I don't think people doing a green path or 100% are wrong or even encouraging people to play differently. I just find it interesting how we think about things. I worry about missing context and information too so I usually replay a choice with a backup save. I don't want to put people down for playing a game a certain way, more like talk about why we might think the way we do and encourage people to find out if what they're doing is for them.

I have to agree on Io's recent event, though. I feel like, understandably, the miss option hasn't been talked about much because of how impactful/provocative the optional scene is. The miss dialogue and implications are equally as important though, I feel.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Moonflare

CheleDeCedul

Jan 3, 2024
Anyone know a way to unlock all "Replays"? Just the scenes not the events. I have URM but I can't figure out the way to do it. I'm missing the last of makoto and 5th of molly and the last of ayane
You need the internal name of the event. Internal names look like this: "futabalust25 - chikaspring1 - etc"
You can check the name of the scene in various ways, the one I use is to open the .rpy files in the scripts folder (there's one script folder under Game and another under Subscribestar) and look for the lines that start with "label", for example you would find "label utaspring2".
You can also see the name of the scene by going to the wiki (only for older scenes, the wiki is not being currently updated), there's a "technical data" for each event with the name of the label.
You can *also* see the scene name currently playing in the quickwatch window in URM.

Once you have the name of the scene, you go to URM to the search function, change it to search for labels/scenes and look for the scene. From there you have the option to jump to the label (that's like playing the scene for real) or replay it.

NicolasL4D

Feb 6, 2023
Never in a sexual manner towards Akira. "I'm thinking about you all the time. And I don't mean it in a sexual manner. We're friends". Also, concern doesn't mean a good person. I can be concerned that I don't even have a season and it's all been between Wires and HOPE for hundreds of years. Yasu constantly says that HOPE isn't callous either. It's a matter of perception.

However, if your theory is that USER3 isn't Pareidolia, then there isn't much we can say on that front.
True but each represent their concept.

Callous is obviously callous, focusing on desires, etc.

But that seems to be what USER3/Pariadoelia does, which is confusing to hell. It also just doesn't make sense with what we've SEEN Concern do prior to ch3. For example, the whole Yumi situation where it blatantly stopped Akira.

Last edited:

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
For me, this is one of the reasons this decision casts doubt onto the greenpath moreso than others. Usually when you miss something, it quickly fades to black, you go home and nothing happens. And while the "leave" option is still short in Io's event, I feel like it does a lot narratively.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020

I wouldn't put that on anyone, I don't think people doing a green path or 100% are wrong or even encouraging people to play differently. I just find it interesting how we think about things. I worry about missing context and information too so I usually replay a choice with a backup save. I don't want to put people down for playing a game a certain way, more like talk about why we might think the way we do and encourage people to find out if what they're doing is for them.

I have to agree on Io's recent event, though. I feel like, understandably, the miss option hasn't been talked about much because of how impactful/provocative the optional scene is. The miss dialogue and implications are equally as important though, I feel.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I get what you're both saying, but I think the strongest "argument" for going green path is that it's clearly the story Selebus wants to tell. I guess I'd equate red events to reading a book and skipping over a section you just don't enjoy. The author is going to end up telling their story regardless and while you can alter some things to avoid feeling bad, you end up getting an inferior version of the story

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Another thing to add to the green/red path discussion.

No one knows if Sel isn't going to punish people not going the green way.
And while it would be a precedent, he could just soft/hardlock people from progress in one of the next updates, like in three or so. Someone needs to wash their hair?
A precedent because he has never gone this far afair but also because of the red/missed event.
Now, it is at least technically possible for him to revert/replace that red event.

Also i think that the whole destroy her event, is a precedent.
The way Sel made it, it's different from everything i can remember.
What i thought was, the only thing that would make it clearer what Sel was trying to do here, if that was really his goal, would have been to add that red? basecap into the room or even make Akira wear one.

I just read later that there was some figure in the Noriko event/s wearing a purple basecap?
That totally escaped me.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes