aintnowayy

Feb 11, 2023
anyone know how to unlock the missed events using URM? or how to do it without getting flagged as a cheater? i've never used URM so idk

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
We're way too early in the game to even ponder if redemption (and what kind of redemption) is possible or not. The cycles seem to be supernatural in essence, and if by ending them, Akira and everyone else gets thrown back to its start - then he really has done nothing that would constitute as a crime in the real world, other than the Maya situation.

And the Maya situation is yet another thing we don't have enough context about. Or even to which extent Maya was a normal girl (not supernatural).

I don't agree that we can compare Akira's journey to any real world example yet because we lack context to even what's happening. It could all be fake, a simulation, a list of things. For myself, I'm withholding any judgement in that regard until the end of the story.

Edit: there's also another point that I find interesting to think about. If Sekai had left Nozomu as Akira became an adult, married him and had a normal life raising Ami with him from there onwards. Would we demand for her to be sent to jail 10 years after the fact? I don't know. If that happened to Maya and Akira as the game ended, would we not accept it? I don't know either. We'll find out eventually.
I mean you kinda can. Maybe for stuff where he blacks out, he can be held less accountable for, but 90% of why he's even there in the first place is entirely his fault.

You know, personally if you knew that for some reason you couldn't control yourself around young girls, maybe going on dates with them, or hanging out alone with them, or not seeking help, are all things you can control? At least for me, the basic amount of human empathy would make the choice pretty clear between not getting "affection" versus potentially ruining the life of another person, much less a child.

I also don't really understand why people set the bar so low for this dude either? Reminds me of all the isekais where it's like "wow, the MC is such a great person for not abusing the slave they bought." Like, no? It's basic human decency to not take advantage of people? Just like how the bar of "wow, you didn't abuse this child" that people assign to the MC is quite possibly the lowest fucking bar I've ever heard of?

And yes, the "it was all a dream" angle is a possibility for redemption, but I didn't count it as Sel said he would shoot himself if he wrote such a cop-out lol.

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
Sorry rereading ur post my post is barely related but I saw some guy say how nothing is the MCs fault and I was thinking of that while writing lol.

Oct 1, 2023
Hover your cursor over a person's username until the pop-up appears and then click the ignore option. :)
I don't know if anyone has felt personally offended by anything I said, it was never my intention as I was just trying to make a conversation. I thought I left it clear enough that any time I complained about traps that it was just a joke but I guess some people got annoyed. I'll just stick to lurking around

NicolasL4D

Feb 6, 2023
I hope to see more of the Concern god, honestly. We barely see them seen, beyond a few encounters that isn't even said to be them but is somewhat implied (such at that one Yumi encounter.)

It'll probably be reserved for near the end, though, given how close it was with Akira's past, being the main god when he was a child.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
The recent discussion around not wanting to miss events in the wake of Io's event is interesting to me. The choices are there for a reason, and it's pretty clear that a missed event does not equate to failing an objective in, say, an FPS game. LiL frequently gives you no choice in the outcome of events, or explicitly shows you your lack of input with multiple identical options. Missable scenes, in my view, are things that could happen depending on your choices — but that does not mean you either "get" something or "don't get" something. If you miss a scene because you chose an option based on your desired outcome, you didn't lose a scene, you gained your desired outcome. Similarly, in the recent Io event, choosing the first option causes you to miss a scene — but the current scene continues and provides more dialogue, and importantly, narrative. I'd like to suggest to anyone feeling bad for missing events, ask yourself; do you want to see the event because you actually want to, or simply due to the effects of loss aversion, and would you actually gain more by interacting with the branching path mechanic with your desired outcome in mind? (Or using rollback lmao.)

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
I don't know if anyone has felt personally offended by anything I said, it was never my intention as I was just trying to make a conversation. I thought I left it clear enough that any time I complained about traps that it was just a joke but I guess some people got annoyed. I'll just stick to lurking around
Seemed sarcastic / light hearted to me, but still may not be to everyone's tastes. Such is life though, I wouldn't worry about it, or just clarify like you did already

Reactions: LessonsInDissonance

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Okay, need some tech help here, as thread search is kind of useless on this. Is there an updated version of the DRM removal patch or something out there that I need? Realized it was July today and downloaded the new version patch from the OP as usual and did the standard install procedure (back up saves, unzip patch into game directory, download the DRM removal gui.rpy and scripts.rpy and replace the updated ones), but it won't run now. Throws a Ren'Py error, which I'll stick in the below spoiler section:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Problem is, it only does that with the DRM patched files installed. If I do a fresh install of the 0.41 update without the modified .rpy files, it works fine (aside from eating my saves, which I'm smart enough to have backed up). And if I install 0.41 without the DRM patch, run it to trigger the delete...thing, and then load the backup save folder, I get trolled with a hex string that decodes into "you wouldn't download a car..."

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?
The anti drm is only the gui, the script you have to use the latest one, it was on that post as backup for people who had theirs deleted.

Reactions: corsair101

aintnowayy

Feb 11, 2023
Anyone know a way to unlock all "Replays"? Just the scenes not the events. I have URM but I can't figure out the way to do it. I'm missing the last of makoto and 5th of molly and the last of ayane

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I hope to see more of the Concern god, honestly. We barely see them seen, beyond a few encounters that isn't even said to be them but is somewhat implied (such at that one Yumi encounter.)

It'll probably be reserved for near the end, though, given how close it was with Akira's past, being the main god when he was a child.
I'm not sure that I understand. Pareidolia = USER3 = Concerned. We've seen them a lot. Way more than the other gods by this point.

And from the start of chapter 4 it's been Pareidolia non-stop all the time.

His battles with Wires.

Maybe do you mean seeing his "face"? But we've seen him as much as Wires "face" by this point. I'm not sure what you mean.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
The recent discussion around not wanting to miss events in the wake of Io's event is interesting to me. The choices are there for a reason, and it's pretty clear that a missed event does not equate to failing an objective in, say, an FPS game. LiL frequently gives you no choice in the outcome of events, or explicitly shows you your lack of input with multiple identical options. Missable scenes, in my view, are things that could happen depending on your choices — but that does not mean you either "get" something or "don't get" something. If you miss a scene because you chose an option based on your desired outcome, you didn't lose a scene, you gained your desired outcome. Similarly, in the recent Io event, choosing the first option causes you to miss a scene — but the current scene continues and provides more dialogue, and importantly, narrative. I'd like to suggest to anyone feeling bad for missing events, ask yourself; do you want to see the event because you actually want to, or simply due to the effects of loss aversion, and would you actually gain more by interacting with the branching path mechanic with your desired outcome in mind? (Or using rollback lmao.)
That's correct and a very good point. However, that would only be the exact case if your desired outcome also didn't result in a worse narrative. There are many examples, but I've already listed them a couple of times, so I'll just focus on one. Depending on what you did first, Yumi may resist Nodoka's blackmail or not. You can say "well, I'd rather have a timeline where Yumi wasn't sexually assaulted by Nodoka", I don't mind "missing" whatever would come from that because I'd rather have a world where it didn't happen at all. That's perfectly acceptable in theory. But the issue is that Selebus wants to tell a story where it happened.

If you have the blackmail not happen, then Yumi reacts to Nodoka and especially Akira in a way that borders bizarre. Akira would have literally found her in the baths, offered his shirt to her, she'd have rejected it for god knows what reason, and that would have been it. It makes no sense for Yumi to despise him in the same way from both "I can't believe you'd have sex with Nodoka when you already have Chika" and "I can't believe you'd watch while someone sexually assaulted me without doing anything, and then go on to cum in her mouth in front of me".

I agree with your point in theory, and hey, I can only speak for myself, but I couldn't care less how someone else chose to play the game. Miss everything, miss nothing, even if they chose to stop playing because they bought into the "you're responsible for this since you didn't stop playing" thing, I think that's a valid choice. But the issue that I see is that the story is worse if you miss events, not because there's a canonical path, but because Selebus doesn't put enough effort in following through with his alternate choices. Maybe he changes that when the game is finished, that'd be nice.

NicolasL4D

Feb 6, 2023
I'm not sure that I understand. Pareidolia = USER3 = Concerned. We've seen them a lot. Way more than the other gods by this point.

And from the start of chapter 4 it's been Pareidolia non-stop all the time.

His battles with Wires.

Maybe do you mean seeing his "face"? But we've seen him as much as Wires "face" by this point. I'm not sure what you mean.
I don't know, some of these don't match up (such as the picture with Yasu,) Concern was the god when he was a child, prior to Callous even existing (aka prior to Sekai,) so why it'd be doing stuff like encouraging Akira during the Io event just... doesn't line up.

While Concern is user3, what we see doesn't match up with what we know. We know USER3 basically never thinks in a sexual way ("Never in a sexual manner or anything like that, but in a normal way.") So it doesn't make sense. I don't know.

I might be high or something and just been zoning out. I haven't really played the game in a while before recently.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes