Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Regarding the voice beneath the maggots / bed of worms, I think it might be more figurative than literal, as in literally having maggots or worms above it. If it's below us or inside the Earth, it might anyway, but it could just mean below. Both words, maggot and worm, also refer to people quite often in a negative way, so it could be "festering underneath the human trash."
I believe the same for the whole 'more than one god in the dark' thing. In the dark can mean literal darkness, or uncertainty. Speaking of ad infinitum, I think this sums it up well:
View attachment 3814133
Pareidolia especially seems to fit into "something in between" (and uncertainty, hidden motives/true face)* rather than "the dark." He's not darkness, he's the rogue, emerging from between the others, coming from behind, something between light and dark. Unnoticed because he was behind the others at first, until he peaked his head over their shoulders, grew stronger, took control. Pareidolia (noun) itself requires light, some times a heavy absence of it, some times just the right amount to highlight the right features for us to think "human."
The light and dark thing is a part of the lore that I think Selebus made to be too convoluted. Pareidolia was a non-factor for thousands of years, yet the battle was between light and dark. Summer and Winter. HOPE and Wires. But then Pareidolia is declared to be the dark, and Wires only to reside in the dark. That's not even counting the opposition between HOPE and Wires being said to be light and dark "only in the light you'll be given a mission, but only in darkness can it be completed". Also, the opposition between HOPE being everything, and Wires being nothing. Where's Pareidolia in that?

It's one of those things that I really hope I'm wrong about, but it sounds like it was meant to be one thing and then Selebus changed later, and he'll just give a cop-out explanation like "well, they're all the same thing anyway so it's whatever".

Hei fellas I want to ask your opinions the often mentioned phrase "Something is buried underneath your feet." in Chpater 1.

What do you think that "something" could be? My thought lingers between Sekai and Pareidolia (Or real HOPE that is User 1? Which god is actually dead?). Though Wire or The Unnamed Baby could also be the answer. I'm very uncertain on it.
Based on the fact it was never mentioned again after Sekai's restoration, it probably meant Sekai. Same as the "letter T", which is for teacher, and stopped being used as much after her restoration as well. Same thing happened with "what's in your pocket", after it got revealed to be a picture of Ami it just stopped being mentioned (granted that was fairly recent too).

If I recall, User3 is just the Concerned God. He's always been my favourite, I suppose. He's sort of hinted to be the one who prevented Akira from assaulting Yumi, but that's more of speculation.
When?

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
It's one of those things that I really hope I'm wrong about, but it sounds like it was meant to be one thing and then Selebus changed later, and he'll just give a cop-out explanation like "well, they're all the same thing anyway so it's whatever".
I've pretty much resigned myself to this being an outcome for at least part of the meta story. We already know he started shifting the depth of the story after he finished the first chapter so it's not like he went into this with a complete outline to begin with and with how convoluted and labyrinthine the larger story is, it's basically impossible not to write yourself into a few corners. My only hope is that whatever he does to work around those gaps leaves a final product that feels satisfying even with the blemishes.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
The light and dark thing is a part of the lore that I think Selebus made to be too convoluted. Pareidolia was a non-factor for thousands of years, yet the battle was between light and dark. Summer and Winter. HOPE and Wires. But then Pareidolia is declared to be the dark, and Wires only to reside in the dark. That's not even counting the opposition between HOPE and Wires being said to be light and dark "only in the light you'll be given a mission, but only in darkness can it be completed". Also, the opposition between HOPE being everything, and Wires being nothing. Where's Pareidolia in that?
Yeah, that's... Extremely realistic. I'll be honest and say I'm kinda grasping when trying to fill things in. There's definitely a lot that's convoluted. The best I can say if we're taking things at face value is what I already wrote down, or that Pareidolia represents a darkness that's more of an absence of something, or that he (or wires) represents darkness manifest instead of conceptually. Which kind of leads me to my only couple of points as to why things might make more sense later, or why they're as convoluted as they are.

The first is that, to me, Sel's writing and the story in general seems to be very thematic, and purposefully littered with evocative and expressive language. And this all might be a case of adding too much salt to a dish or forgetting what you've already added. These examples might not actually mean what they say on their face, or much at all. It might be possible for everyone to be "the dark" in a different way. The second is that Pareidolia seems to be a liar/manipulator, who wants to or unintentionally personifies something either seriously or as a ruse. He himself and anyone that knows of him might simply be lying about his origins/being, or completely misguided. It's easy to hand wave and say that Pareidolia is just embodying something. I keep saying "Just like actual pareidolia, hurrr" but that's always a possibility.

I suppose that we can focus more on Pareidolia being a usurper, as well. That's kind of what he is, someone who rises up and wants to take the crown (and time, etc.) It could be a case of him usurping the roles, powers, modus operandi, "place," etc. of others. My best guess is that it's a little bit of everything...(?) A purposefully confusing story, with characters we don't really know, who lie about who they/each other are and what they want, with a fortnight at the glory hole's worth of symbolism injected into it, and wires crossed + things overlooked as the story is written on an on-going basis.

Aug 20, 2021
Huh... Y'know, upon replaying Karin's "Paranoid" event, something Pareidolia said intrigued me regarding the Molly 'sacrifice' in "Lavender's Green":

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What do you think? Is Pareidolia trying to throw Wires under the bus? Is he bullshitting us? Or was Wires truly involved with the Molly sacrifice after all?

I personally still think Pareidolia is lying here, because just look at what happens to Sensei as he blacks out at the Halloween Party:

Furthermore, we see Pareidolia literally 'interfere' as the Molly stuff is happening, in an attempt to make himself look good and stop this supposed other God's manipulation:

Not to mention it's been proven that Pareidolia is able to manipulate his textual pattern and way of speaking to pose as others:

After sorting through all this rambling and jumbling together of evidence, I suppose the questions I want to pose is this:

1. Pareidolia: Lying or not lying about Wires being behind the Molly Sacrifice in "Paranoid"?

2. If Wires is innocent over what happened to Molly, then what is his end goal and motivation? He requires a sacrifice just like the rest of the trinity as far as I'm aware, does he not? So why hasn't he ever tried nudging Akira in the direction of getting one for him? You can probably count the Yumi incident, but nothing has really happened since then that I can recall, and that didn't even happen during his season.

3. What role do you want to see the Wire God play in the near future? He's seemed the most 'dormant' of the trinity thus far, but now that he's 'clawed his way out' (See "TH15 15NT M3"), I think he's gonna finally start playing a more active role pretty soon.

Last edited:

daagagsdgd

May 9, 2019

Based on the fact it was never mentioned again after Sekai's restoration, it probably meant Sekai. Same as the "letter T", which is for teacher, and stopped being used as much after her restoration as well. Same thing happened with "what's in your pocket", after it got revealed to be a picture of Ami it just stopped being mentioned (granted that was fairly recent too).

When?
Regarding my question:

Yeah I might consider it to be Sekai, although it’s weird that the phrase stopped to reoccur in Chapter 2 while Sekai only started to incarnate in Chapter 3. Besides, there is always a myth regarding a dead god being buried beneath in Chapter 1. Do we really figure out the exact connection between Pareidolia and Sekai?

And about the “The Name begins with Letter T”, I have to say I disagree with you since Teacher is not a name in any sense. I will continue to uphold my theory that it’s the real name of Maya Makinami.

And about the next question:

I think he’s referring to The Abyss event of Yumi in ch2 wherein User 2 talked to Akira with uncapitalized letters, which clearly divulged it’s Pareidolia pretending to be Wire.

To be honest I would consider Wire in The Scary Room also be Pareidolia since from all clues we have seen, Pareidolia really hates her. I’m not sure about Wire in Second Halloween Molly event though. Dude just how many times has Pareidolia pretended to be someone else.

The narrator in The Bending Of Italics told us trying to distinguish who is whom with using of italics or capitalized letters is futile. (which tells the narrator could be Pareidolia or Sekai since the world was mentioned immediately) From this point I find it’s impossible to build a contingent theory on which god is talking.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I don't know what's going on with so people assuming HOPE, Wires and Pareidolia are not USER1, 2 and 3. So I put this together to help I guess:

I haven't seen doubt regarding HOPE being USER1, so this is just evidence that HOPE is Yasu's god (other than she literally being in the church of NEW HOPE).
Wires = USER2 = related to Tsuneyo's father
Pareidolia = USER3

DeSkel had an even more comprehensive post about this, so there is that for those that managed to master the dreaded and mythological search function.

Last edited:

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I don't know what's going on with so people assuming HOPE, Wires and Pareidolia not being USER1, 2 and 3. So I put this together to help I guess:

I haven't seen doubt regarding HOPE being USER1, so this is just evidence that HOPE is Yasu's god (other than she literally being in the church of NEW HOPE).
Pareidolia = USER3

DeSkel had an even more comprehensive post about this, so there is that for those that managed to master the dreaded and mythological search function.
Nah but it makes you wonder.As of now the "Special girls" aka Girls that from the beginning had something off about them that was pretty much screaming "PAY ATTENTION TO ME",are as follows.

First we have the obvious one,Maya.
Then we have the Also obvious one,Ami.
Afterwards we have Ayane.
Yumi.
And now we kinda have Tsuneyo.Since not only is she the most direct connection we have with Wires,she is also the ONLY girl to speak during these kinds of fucked up events(Yes im aware that Both maya and Ami spoke during those end of chapter on to of the rooftop events but i consider that symbolism).Anyways it truly makes me wonder.What illness is plaguing Tsuneyos father.I mean from the way she talks about it he might just...be old.Old enough to require 24/7 care and life support but why would he be connected with Wires.Honestly i have no clue and we have no info on that BUT what i am hopefully about is this.
The way i see it,just like a different girl being given the spotlight each chapter,a god is ALSO given the spotlight.First we had Wires then we Had Hope and now we have paredolia.So if im right then My boys turn will come soon enough.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Regarding my question:
And about the “The Name begins with Letter T”, I have to say I disagree with you since Teacher is not a name in any sense. I will continue to uphold my theory that it’s the real name of Maya Makinami.
Sekai was literally called "Teacher", in a moment that Akira couldn't deal with her name yet.
In the event the "letter T", the random words make AGAIN SHE LIVES, while Maya says that there is something buried underneath Akira's feet.
"T" is directly related to SeKaori.

I'm not convinced anything else comes close to this amount of evidence.

daagagsdgd

May 9, 2019
I don't know what's going on with so people assuming HOPE, Wires and Pareidolia not being USER1, 2 and 3. So I put this together to help I guess:

Pareidolia = USER3

I don't have any doubt against with Wire and Pareidolia being User 2 and User 3. But HOPE being User 1 (that is Nozomu) or not is a thing I'm constantly on. After all I would consider Nozomu as the dead god but I failed to comprehend the essense of HOPE.

However, I really think current HOPE (remember Pareidolia always tried to log in account of User 1, and he finally succeeded at the end of Chapter 2 Somnambula) is nothing but a dummy of Pareidolia. To be complete honest the way HOPE talks in Chapter 3 (dominant and vile) feels stark different with that of Chapter 1. Where did we see him at last time in Chapter 1? Trinity III where Akira literally said "my hope is lost." And the church is called "New Hope" in Chapter 2, but HOPE is nowhere be seen except for the end of Chapter 2 right after Somnambula.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I don't have any doubt against with Wire and Pareidolia being User 2 and User 3. But HOPE being User 1 (that is Nozomu) or not is a thing I'm constantly on. After all I would consider Nozomu as the dead god but I failed to comprehend the essense of HOPE.

However, I really think current HOPE (remember Pareidolia always tried to log in account of User 1, and he finally succeeded at the end of Chapter 2 Somnambula) is nothing but a dummy of Pareidolia. To be complete honest the way HOPE talks in Chapter 3 (dominant and vile) feels stark different with that of Chapter 1. Where did we see him at last time in Chapter 1? Trinity III where Akira literally said "my hope is lost." And the church is called "New Hope" in Chapter 2, but HOPE is nowhere be seen except for the end of Chapter 2 right after Somnambula.
I would think a more likely scenario, if HOPE isn't the original USER1, is that he interited that title from Nozomu. It would make sense after all for both Wires and Pareidolia to have older accounts, since HOPE is the youngest.

However, the order of users may simply have to do with users for this particular cycle, in which HOPE was the first, since it began in summer.

And about Pareidolia faking a HOPE, he probably was the one that controlled Yasu on that one event where she pissed herself. That's because not only Akira recognizes that it isn't HOPE, but Akira also pisses himself after Pareidolia shows fear regarding Wires (tsuneyo naked event).

Given that when Pareidolia was passing as HOPE it was recognized by Akira, I think it's unlikely he's also been doing it successfully on the side. An important point is that one does not have to fake being HOPE to talk to Yasu. She's such a powerful medium that she would be able to answer the world itself if she wanted to.

Also important to take note is that HOPE doesn't care about her at all - that can be seen during Glossolalia, in which he's very aggressive. The thing about his change is tone is that he gets progressively pissed at Akira, which is fair enough of an explanation to me. Yasu also points out that he's highly temperamental and behaves like a child sometimes, so that tracks.

Oct 1, 2023
If you assume that USERS are living beings (I am not calling them gods because they aren't) like us humans, and that the reason they have these "powers" is because they have computers that allow them to edit the world (like a game developer could) then it makes sense that USERS are just Humans who use Computers to fake omnipotence and they need to login with a USERname and password, as a matter of fact any of these USERS would be able to login into the other accounts if they knew the password too, this is literally what we did during a reset when we accesed WIRES's "account"

It also makes sense if a "game developer" doesn't know how to alter graphics if he didn't learn to, but Pareidolia literally said that he learned while the others didn't "bother" to, which means they obviously could if they learned.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
It would be really funny if the whole secret behind USERS is that they are actual people who help Selebus write the story and that they fight each other in order to have their script be chosen by Selly hahahahahahahahah
So, basically what you're saying is that this was a reveal of Yumi as a user.
I guess that leaves figuring out which of the users she is, but no sweat, I got you covered:

Yumi Yamaguchi is USER1. Mystery solved. Next!

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
nah that's too many people and just because you're paying money doesn't mean that you'd get to interfeere with a works still not completed.

In any case, I am surprised nobody questioned just how fast and consistent Selebus is at not only writing the story but also making it "come to life"
Obviously not really, but I do enjoy the mental image of 31 dudes on discord begging Selebus to include events with their favorite fictional character and fuck with the ones they don't like. Also, to be fair, Selebus does tend to write dialogue like "Pretend I said something meaningful about lambs here." (Hey, it's another segue into my pseudointellectual theories on symbolism) ((For legal reasons this is a joke and I'd appreciate not being banned from the discord for a 3rd time. I'm down $6,000 in patreon charges and my life revolves around video games))

So basically Yumi really wants to make Akira fuck other girls and she's a confirmed cuck. Maybe banging Yuki before her isn't such a bad idea after all.

Oct 1, 2023
So, basically what you're saying is that this was a reveal of Yumi as a user.
I guess that leaves figuring out which of the users she is, but no sweat, I got you covered:

What was the name of that event? Now that I think about it, these girls might not be entirely related to the USERS but maybe there's a clue about who the 4th is, if there's finally a 4th

Yumi has grown so much on me that I don't even know if Rin is my favorite of the three anymore

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes