Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm not going to spoiler all of this because otherwise our conversation would be ridiculous, I'll try to keep it vague :LOL:

I didn't mean what you are referring to, I meant the total despondency.

If we take suicide as an assertion of control: I would suggest that there is nothing quite like the universe saying "lol nope" to your final attempt at agency to really fuck you up. I suspect shutting down is probably not the least well adjusted response.

Expect a real melt down from Makoto.

On this topic, while I'd never presume to expect Selebus to alter his vision or compromise his art, I do wonder whether the content warning at the outset remains fit for purpose. Given just where the game is going I would suggest it could do to be a little more explicit. "Horrible things" is a bit of an understatement and "face your fears" is a bit better suited to a horror game - I think perhaps we're dabbling in some really heavy stuff to be quite so flippant about it?

Reactions: Ankoku

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm not going to spoiler all of this because otherwise our conversation would be ridiculous, I'll try to keep it vague :LOL:

I didn't mean what you are referring to, I meant the total despondency.

If we take suicide as an assertion of control: I would suggest that there is nothing quite like the universe saying "lol nope" to your final attempt at agency to really fuck you up. I suspect shutting down is probably not the least well adjusted response.

Expect a real melt down from Makoto.

On this topic, while I'd never presume to expect Selebus to alter his vision or compromise his art, I do wonder whether the content warning at the outset remains fit for purpose. Given just where the game is going I would suggest it could do to be a little more explicit. "Horrible things" is a bit of an understatement and "face your fears" is a bit better suited to a horror game - I think perhaps we're dabbling in some really heavy stuff to be quite so flippant about it?
I think the warning is fine as is, though it wouldn't hurt to make it more explicit to cover his back. As far as being flippant, I mean, it is still just a game even with those topics. What do you mean by the 'face your fears is better suited to a horror game' part? I don't quite get that line. If you mean as the title, the horror is a major element, but this is still basically a dating sim, so that wouldn't work. Let me know if I interpreted that line wrong, I'm genuinely interested in your meaning there.

sherlock123k

Apr 8, 2020
The value of sharing isn't triggering for me? I messed up on Rin(last event crossed out) - is this preventing it? I can't progress with any of the other girls

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
The value of sharing isn't triggering for me? I messed up on Rin(last event crossed out) - is this preventing it? I can't progress with any of the other girls
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Someone else was having trouble with that also, but apparently their problem was caused by them messing with stuff in their save file aside from just affection/lust.

If you meet all those requirements, it still isn't triggering, and you can't figure out why, I do have a save that takes place right before that event which I've confirmed works with this version (0.10.0p2). It's set up to have the best possible outcome that includes all the events being seen. Just click my name in the quote below to jump to the post I put it in:
If it's red and crossed out, and you don't have a save prior to that, I'm afraid there isn't. However, if you do everything prior to the Halloween event, you can have my save that starts right at the event and has that (and everything else) done. You can just watch it in scene replay with the save if you really don't wanna restart.

Last edited:

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
I think the warning is fine as is, though it wouldn't hurt to make it more explicit to cover his back. As far as being flippant, I mean, it is still just a game even with those topics. What do you mean by the 'face your fears is better suited to a horror game' part? I don't quite get that line. If you mean as the title, the horror is a major element, but this is still basically a dating sim, so that wouldn't work. Let me know if I interpreted that line wrong, I'm genuinely interested in your meaning there.
I'm going to preface this comment by saying that this is not a hill I intend to fight and die on, it really doesn't matter that much to me. Ultimately either Selebus sees my comment, agrees and tweaks the warning, or he sees it, disagrees and does nothing. There are more important hills.

I had intended to go no further than my original comment but as you have specifically asked me to explain I will. I really don't want to shit the thread up with a discussion about trigger warnings though (which funnily enough tend to trigger people).

You have definitely misunderstood my comment. Currently the warning states that "as in real life, horrible things may happen" then goes on to say "face your fears".

It is this final line that I was referring to as flippant.

The reason I say this is that usually I'd expect such a phrase to refer to more visceral fears - the dark, spooooooky ghosts, the unknown, blood and guts i.e. generic horror.

In a straight up generic horror setting this would be entirely appropriate. The ghosts (or whatever) aren't real, they aren't going to hurt you and it is through them that we experience catharsis.

But Selebus is pushing in to some really heavy topics regarding mental ill health and the very real consequences of that.This to me is starting to butt up against the boundaries of what would usually be lumped into the "horror" genre, particularly in games. Indeed I struggle to think of any mainstream games that really seek to address these issues, perhaps Silent Hill?

I would accept that "horrible things" does in fact include the kind of topics that are being explored. But I'm not sure it's a simple as facing one's fears when addressing them.

You specifically mention being more explicit to help him in covering his back but I think this really misses the point of content warnings and ascribes a really cynical motivation to Selebus. Given the very genuine style of his writing and engagement I don't think that's a fair assessment of his motivation for including such a warning given that he didn't have to include any warning at all.

I have found as I have gotten older and worked through my own issues that I have mellowed on the concept of trigger warnings, which I never used to like. To me, giving your audience a heads up that "hey we're going to be talking about some fucked up shit" is just a way of showing respect for that audience and hurts noone.

I suppose a parallel can be drawn with the medical warning immediately preceding the content warning in question. This is a photosensitive epilepsy warning. Very few people would begrudge such a warning despite it being virtually redundant. Why should we treat mental health differently?

So the point, if any is to be found in the rambly nonsense above, is that on the one hand Selebus is addressing some serious stuff in a serious and respectful way, but begins that by undermining his approach a little.

Tl;Dr snowflake got triggered ;)

Razumdar

Feb 23, 2020
Try to download the Joiplay emulator together with the corresponding Ren'py plugin. Once you have it download and use the Windows version. It is the only solution that worked for me.
Thanks bud! I try it sometime.

Do you happen to know why this game is so big? It's bigger than both BaDik and Harem Hotel, two of the biggest games I've played on mobile. Is there really that much more content?

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
Thanks bud! I try it sometime.

Do you happen to know why this game is so big? It's bigger than both BaDik and Harem Hotel, two of the biggest games I've played on mobile. Is there really that much more content?
There's very little compression (if any) used in the game and a large amount of music/sound effects which are used to great effect. On top of that, there are 73 animations for sex scenes and countless stills.

Never played BaDik, but in comparison to Harem Hotel, I think there's roughly the same amount of content? At least it seems that way to me. It has been a few months since I played Harem Hotel though, so may be misremembering.

Still worth the size IMO.

Reactions: alex2011

sherlock123k

Apr 8, 2020
Do y'all know what the last secret scene is? I'm missing the final scene for Miku and Makoto and they're not triggering no matter what so I think I need to have the last secret scene to trigger it(probably)

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
You must be comparing different versions of the games.

LiL is 2.6 GB uncompressed compared to 5.7 GB for Harem Hotel and 10.4 GB for BaDik.

Razumdar

Feb 23, 2020
You must be comparing different versions of the games.

LiL is 2.6 GB uncompressed compared to 5.7 GB for Harem Hotel and 10.4 GB for BaDik.
Well normally for mobile the ones listed under "android" are already compressed. I didn't even know uncompressed games worked on android lol (not super well versed in this stuff.)

Is there even a compressed android version?

sherlock123k

Apr 8, 2020
Welp, just skipped past 50 days and still bluejay and one,two, three isn't triggering. Finished all the main events, all events for the other girls, and every secret event other than the last one. :(

Any help?

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
How do i use this
During the weekend there's a "Computer" option. Use it there.

However, using any of the cheats marks your save as a cheater. As of version 0.10.0p2 there are no consequences to this, but given the nature of denpa games like this (see horror tag), I wouldn't be surprised if there were pretty severe repercussions later. As such, I suggest playing without cheats unless you REALLY feel you need them.

Razumdar

Feb 23, 2020
There's very little compression (if any) used in the game and a large amount of music/sound effects which are used to great effect. On top of that, there are 73 animations for sex scenes and countless stills.

Never played BaDik, but in comparison to Harem Hotel, I think there's roughly the same amount of content? At least it seems that way to me. It has been a few months since I played Harem Hotel though, so may be misremembering.

Still worth the size IMO.
Oh I'm not complaining. I mean I am, because I'm without a pc and I can't get it to work on my phone, but I'm not mad about it. I just was able to get it to work a few updates ago so now I'm invested, and I was just trying to figure out why it wasn't working.

Being a dick is also a pretty huge game but I play the compressed android version on my 4 year old phone and it runs/looks perfectly fine. That has all kinds of different music in too.

Again, since I can't do it myself I'm not gonna bitch about it, but a compressed android version would be so sweet. I feel that many would suffer a loss of a quality to just be able to download and install.

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
Oh I'm not complaining. I mean I am, because I'm without a pc and I can't get it to work on my phone, but I'm not mad about it. I just was able to get it to work a few updates ago so now I'm invested, and I was just trying to figure out why it wasn't working.
If you're finding the game is straight up not installing it may be worth fully uninstalling the game first and deleting all app data. (Just remember to backup your saves somewhere).

I have found with the most recent Android builds on various games that the installers aren't playing nice.

Reactions: alex2011
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes