Aug 10, 2019
I posted this somewhere else but now I cant find it. How do you get to the class trip to the beach? I can't "romance" chika until after the beach event and not fuck up my relationship with Rin

Sorry if I messed up the way the spoiler thing works, never done it before

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
I posted this somewhere else but now I cant find it. How do you get to the class trip to the beach? I can't "romance" chika until after the beach event and not fuck up my relationship with Rin

Sorry if I messed up the way the spoiler thing works, never done it before
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
Just wanted to chime in without replying to anyone as I see there was/is a lengthy discussion about mental health and how it relates to this game.

The “Face Your Fears” message is not an attempt to undermine that or make light of it. It’s exactly the opposite. I believe that the best way to combat the struggles real people face in life is to attack them to head on. We can not simply shy away from things that make us feel upset or uncomfortable or any other negative adjective that could be swapped in for one of those.

When I say “Face Your Fears,” I mean the fear of death. I mean the fear of loss. I mean the fear of rejection. I mean every “real” fear that people have.

I write things like this to help overcome my own mental struggles. All of these characters are reflections of different parts of me. I just also think many people may benefit from diving into the darkness in order to pull out some light when they can’t find any in other places.
I'ma reply to you because I'm a baaaaad homie (and because it's my fault we're talking about "face your fears").

I will repeat again that I was really only making an observation in passing. I blame Alex2011 and the insomnia for my screed: it was 3am - what else was there to do?

Clearly my reading is not on point. I suspect you're not so fragile but if my take was at all offensive I apologise.

You've kinda beaten me to it with your post but I was going to ask whether you had a background in mental health from a professional standpoint. It was that or you have personal experience or you're some kind of savant at channeling damaged people.

Reactions: alex2011

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
You've kinda beaten me to it with your post but I was going to ask whether you had a background in mental health from a professional standpoint. It was that or you have personal experience or you're some kind of savant at channeling damaged people.
Oh yeah there's definitely a lot of personal experience. My entire mom's side of the family has been battling mental health issues for generations so it was always something that had a chance of happening. My little brother is the same way. I've got an expansive background of self-harm and depression and am crippled on a daily basis by an ever-growing fear of mortality that will one day swallow me whole.

So I must create things to combat that!
I must grow!
Like a tree!

Mahp Owen

Dec 15, 2018
I kinda envy you and not at the same time since first time playthroughs in great games are always awesome!!!
But then again...There are SOME I don't wanna re-experience at my first playthrough > .>ll
Holy fucking shit this game
shouldn't play it at 3a.m when there is a test next day
fuck me goddamn it

Reactions: alex2011 and Ankoku

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
THANK YOU GOOD SIR. I AM GOING TO PROGRESS THE GAME WITH ABSOLUTE CONCERN NOW
jokes aside this game is awesome
Probably should take the warning seriously. This game has fucked me up on multiple occasions. It's great at getting you to care about these characters and then make you feel soooo bad for the shit that happens to them and the part you played in making it happen.

Seriously, I couldn't sleep after the last event of the last update. It's so good!

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
Oh yeah there's definitely a lot of personal experience. My entire mom's side of the family has been battling mental health issues for generations so it was always something that had a chance of happening. My little brother is the same way. I've got an expansive background of self-harm and depression and am crippled on a daily basis by an ever-growing fear of mortality that will one day swallow me whole.

So I must create things to combat that!
I must grow!
Like a tree!
Gotta love those genes. Was on a walk with the family a month ago and it was revealed that my grandmother and great-grandmother were bipolar - I'm thinking of all those things I obsess over then drop...and the insomnia. Thanks mum.

I'm a bipolar cliché: I have literally taken clocks apart, laid the parts out meticulously so they can be put back together, then swung the other way and left them like that :ROFLMAO:

For you clocks are a scary metaphor for the passing of time and our finite lives. For me they're just another thing to break in the name of science! And an embarrassing reminder of all the incomplete projects...

Bipolar tip: skeleton clocks are our friends, you can already see how they work.

Stay safe and relatively sane.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Probably should take the warning seriously. This game has fucked me up on multiple occasions. It's great at getting you to care about these characters and then make you feel soooo bad for the shit that happens to them and the part you played in making it happen.

Seriously, I couldn't sleep after the last event of the last update. It's so good!
I know, I've never gotten as real as I did on the last page and no game has ever made me feel like this one does. I already have problems sleeping, medical issues, not mental, so that wasn't an issue for me, but it probably would have given me at least one night of insomnia if I didn't already have it. I am actually genuinely terrified of what it will be like if and when things like the events of "Bluejay" happen for real. I know we already saw some effects of their issues for real through Rin, but that can't possibly be the worst we're going to see outside of hallucinations or 'happy' scenes. That thought alone gives me chills and may even be enough to give me nightmares, which I rarely have even after a night of horror movies or similar despite how wild my imagination can get. I do love it when games get real like this, though. I don't care about suspending reality, I want the game to BE reality, at least for the time I'm playing it. This game already accomplishes that and more.

25thKnight

May 20, 2020
Another question from me lol
So being discovered by kirin when you are having a good fcking with ayane a good thing and leads to interesting story or nah and just avoid it

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
So being discovered by kirin when you are having a good fcking with ayane a good thing and leads to interesting story or nah and just avoid it
We don't know yet. A couple scenes change a bit later, but other than that, there's no real effect from her catching you yet. I emphasize yet because it seems like something that's still developing.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
We don't know yet. A couple scenes change a bit later, but other than that, there's no real effect from her catching you yet. I emphasize yet because it seems like something that's still developing.
Not to mention the type of character the other girl involved is, oh boy could this get bloody, and I DO mean that literally.

Reactions: Ankoku

Azraelith

May 1, 2019
Bluejay was... intriguing. I can't wait to see if we get more events like it. After all I honestly have enjoyed the Happy events and certainly was slightly unsettled by Tick Tock. 68 72 41 needs friends and there's so many clocks in that room where you have something buried under your feet.

Reactions: Ankoku and alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Bluejay was... intriguing. I can't wait to see if we get more events like it. After all I honestly have enjoyed the Happy events and certainly was slightly unsettled by Tick Tock. 68 72 41 needs friends and there's so many clocks in that room where you have something buried under your feet.
That's pretty much a guarantee in a Denpa game like this.

Reactions: Ankoku

grimGajo

Jul 14, 2020
Selebus I'll be honest with you here. At first I read the description and I thought "ok, fun little thing for an apreciator of erotic novels to chill to" but... boy was I not ready for the bloody jorney I was about to embark on... Certain secret events made me question the nonchalant aproche I had with the game and overall, just 10/10

Mahp Owen

Dec 15, 2018
Selebus I'll be honest with you here. At first I read the description and I thought "ok, fun little thing for an apreciator of erotic novels to chill to" but... boy was I not ready for the bloody jorney I was about to embark on... Certain secret events made me question the nonchalant aproche I had with the game and overall, just 10/10
this dude is literally me 24hs earlier

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
this dude is literally me 24hs earlier
Nobody is ready for this game at first, it caught me off guard and my guard is never down.

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
I look forward to your reactions to events in the future. This game goes places... very very bad places, and it's amazing.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes