Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I fucking hate that that's a word now.
I mean, I think it's been a word for a couple of centuries at least. If you mean that I once again made you hate something you didn't before... You're welcome :ROFLMAO: please forward your payments to the nearest ihop.

Edit: I also want to make a point on Nodoka that doesn't really merit an entire post. I think it's fair to say that we may never see the real Nodoka in the current cycle.

She behaves like a person tormented by something, and that is increasingly pointed out as the updates roll out. What she says during Yasu's last events "I have to get it, cause that means she got it, and so I have to get it too, you get it?", or something to that effect, when coupled with what we know about her, might mean that Nodoka is compelled to solve things instead of wanting to.

Maybe that's the real Nodoka, but maybe Nodoka also has her own demons passed down by her family - and she'd be a different person without those supernatural/psychological responsabilities. Well, she'd definitely be a different person regardless if not having to care/provide for what (I assume) is a disabled person since she was a little girl.

Last edited:

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Nodoka is compelled to solve things instead of wanting to.
I've been tryna say this. Nodoka is obsessed with knowledge and understanding things/people. That's partially why she compiled everyone's habits and experiences into a book and held the Nodokathon. It's not just the perverse satisfaction, it's understanding people and their carnal desires, too. And also why she has to find or "get" things. Whether or not it's familial/something similar to Sekai & Ami, she can't help it. She can't not know.

Last edited:

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I'm kind of surprised by how much people like Imani and Rika. Besides Imani's tragic backstory, I find both of them super forgettable. Imani serves a purpose in the story forsure, but Rika to me seems like pure filler.
Ive legit never seen anyone even mention Rika other than off hand comments about "Haha now we HAVE to hook up with her to complete the friendgroup bonding experience teehee".She has no content and is pretty forgettable.

Imani is bae though.Good personality and she will play a vital role in many girls storyline in the future

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Ive legit never seen anyone even mention Rika other than off hand comments about "Haha now we HAVE to hook up with her to complete the friendgroup bonding experience teehee".She has no content and is pretty forgettable.

Imani is bae though.Good personality and she will play a vital role in many girls storyline in the future
Saw a few posts a few pages ago of people talking about how she wasn't getting love in the previews. Maybe it was ironic complaints lol

Imani is fine, but her character design is off putting to me. I don't want to say because she's black, but it just looks off. Like she kinda creeps me out. I agree that her personality is cool though and shes obviously going to be really consequential to the rest of the girls in the class. I also just didn't buy the whole "I like her a lot but I don't want to ruin our relationship" thing that Akira had with her. It didn't seem like there was enough development with their dynamic to really warrant that. Granted, it had been awhile since I played before I played through the last 20 or so updates, and maybe I'm just not remembering earlier events when she was first introduced. But that kinda goes to show that shes underdeveloped if there's that big of a gap between consequential moments with her.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
I'm kind of surprised by how much people like Imani and Rika. Besides Imani's tragic backstory, I find both of them super forgettable. Imani serves a purpose in the story forsure, but Rika to me seems like pure filler.
How is Imani forgettable? She's literally the only black She tried to murder her students with a giant spherical rock and alligators. She works other languages into her speech when she's angry/shy. She's basically Rin but older and more quippy. She connects with her students and tries to empower them as she sees herself in them. She's pretty easily pulled her weight. Also she's black.

I don't want to say because she's black
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Saw a few posts a few pages ago of people talking about how she wasn't getting love in the previews. Maybe it was ironic complaints lol

Imani is fine, but her character design is off putting to me. I don't want to say because she's black, but it just looks off. Like she kinda creeps me out. I agree that her personality is cool though and shes obviously going to be really consequential to the rest of the girls in the class. I also just didn't buy the whole "I like her a lot but I don't want to ruin our relationship" thing that Akira had with her. It didn't seem like there was enough development with their dynamic to really warrant that. Granted, it had been awhile since I played before I played through the last 20 or so updates, and maybe I'm just not remembering earlier events when she was first introduced. But that kinda goes to show that shes underdeveloped if there's that big of a gap between consequential moments with her.
>Bro doesnt like imani cause shes black
kekw

Now in all seriousness.The reason that Akira gave as to why he doesnt want things to progress with imani make sense if you think about 1 simple thing.The Akira rn(Especially after the whole 2 month coma) is an extremely vurnerable state where he experiences various emotions in varying degrees of intensity all the time.So when someone,anyone is kind and friendly to him he is bound to respond in kind(I can also do a deep dive into abuse victim mentality and bla bla but w/e)

TLDR:Akira due to his past is weak to kindness so he values imani,hence his hesitation to hurt their relationship.

• Haha
Reactions: Riolol and jamyong

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
How is Imani forgettable? She's literally the only black She tried to murder her students with a giant spherical rock and alligators. She works other languages into her speech when she's angry/shy. She's basically Rin but older and more quippy. She connects with her students and tries to empower them as she sees herself in them. She's pretty easily pulled her weight. Also she's black.

Adult models go so hard bro ong

• Haha
Reactions: PhiloPhilo

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
They are both on my ehh whatever list. Don't dislike them, there's just not enough for me to put them above others yet (except Otoha and Nodoka). Rude to say but if we have to go through them to get Wakana then that's just how it has to be.

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
They are both on my ehh whatever list. Don't dislike them, there's just not enough for me to put them above others yet (except Otoha and Nodoka). Rude to say but if we have to go through them to get Wakana then that's just how it has to be.
Yeah I feel the same. I'd prefer more Wakana over any of the other grown LI's, but I do have Otoha far above all of the newer girls. I still don't like Nodoka though and probably never will. Ever since the locker room incident I've just really despised her. Which is funny, because I love Kirin. Maybe because she's less condescending with her overt bitchiness and shitty behavior and is actually trying to do better

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
>Bro doesnt like imani cause shes black
kekw

Now in all seriousness.The reason that Akira gave as to why he doesnt want things to progress with imani make sense if you think about 1 simple thing.The Akira rn(Especially after the whole 2 month coma) is an extremely vurnerable state where he experiences various emotions in varying degrees of intensity all the time.So when someone,anyone is kind and friendly to him he is bound to respond in kind(I can also do a deep dive into abuse victim mentality and bla bla but w/e)

TLDR:Akira due to his past is weak to kindness so he values imani,hence his hesitation to hurt their relationship.
Wasn't he like that with her right before the coma though? I mean I get the feelings, and they don't seem entirely out of place, I just don't really buy it with them. Maybe that's on me though

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022

lmao I know it sounds bad, and I wish I did like her more because a hot black teacher is a nice addition to the cast, but I just find her to be really meh. And when development with her comes at the expense of development with other characters I like more, then it just puts me off of her. Not to mention yeah, her character design just doesn't do it for me. She could've been way more fine, but instead she kind of just looks like a Japanese girl with weirdly dark skin. I know she's half Japanese but still. A few shades darker than Chika with a different facial structure probably would've sold me on her.

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
Yeah I feel the same. I'd prefer more Wakana over any of the other grown LI's, but I do have Otoha far above all of the newer girls. I still don't like Nodoka though and probably never will. Ever since the locker room incident I've just really despised her. Which is funny, because I love Kirin. Maybe because she's less condescending with her overt bitchiness and shitty behavior and is actually trying to do better
Niki will probably always be the top adult for me, but I love Wakana and many of the others. Osako is my least favorite adult.

I do enjoy the banter between Imani and Akira and the others are correct, she is great for the girls. Hmm, maybe I like her more than I realized. The group event with them was good but sadly I kept thinking about Wakana during it so sorry Imani.

Nodoka, yeah the Yumi stuff is hard to get through but even worse for me is the shower stuff with Makoto. Plus all her other BS.

This is why I never do a tier list. After Maya/Niki and Ayane at the top, then Nodoka at the bottom, the rest I could never decide on.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Wasn't he like that with her right before the coma though? I mean I get the feelings, and they don't seem entirely out of place, I just don't really buy it with them. Maybe that's on me though
Nah.Sensei before the coma rarely experienced emotion of any kind.Sure there were times where he said he loved ami or ayane and in those times there was a semblence of emotion in his heart but his shell was too hard.The coma was the shock that broke his shell and let everything spill out.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes