Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Niki will probably always be the top adult for me, but I love Wakana and many of the others. Osako is my least favorite adult.

I do enjoy the banter between Imani and Akira and the others are correct, she is great for the girls. Hmm, maybe I like her more than I realized. The group event with them was good but sadly I kept thinking about Wakana during it so sorry Imani.

Nodoka, yeah the Yumi stuff is hard to get through but even worse for me is the shower stuff with Makoto. Plus all her other BS.

This is why I never do a tier list. After Maya/Niki and Ayane at the top, then Nodoka at the bottom, the rest I could never decide on.
I just want to point out that Nodoka’s BS is bad enough….

… that what she did to Io at the end of the latest dorm war didn’t even make your list.

I mean, she’s a fascinating character — and a funny self-parody by Selebus, I think.

But girl needs to develop even the tiniest sense of empathy. Or learn to fake one, like a good psychopath.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Nahhhhh... Tsuneyo's like Polynesian or one of those funny brown Asians or something. (Or she's black, I literally don't remember if her race is mentioned, but "the only black" is funnier than "one of two blacks" so I went with it.)

A word now?
I swear to god, you and Moonflare are both getting hate mail in your inboxes this time

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Nahhhhh... Tsuneyo's like Polynesian or one of those funny brown Asians or something. (Or she's black, I literally don't remember if her race is mentioned, but "the only black" is funnier than "one of two blacks" so I went with it.)

I swear to god, you and Moonflare are both getting hate mail in your inboxes this time
May i recommened a horses head sir?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Now that I think about it, has anyone ever seen Moonflare and Shakespeare in the same room together? :unsure:
Your mind goes into this strange possibility. You follow it. You end up in front of a well. But as you look down, someone calls to you. You can't make out their face or gender. They seem goth though. They hand you a message: "If we shadows have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while these visions did appear."

When you blink, you are back at home. Safe and sound. Perhaps you should go out for some pancakes.
I'll have you all know Philo actually sent me hate mail last time :ROFLMAO:

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
I've been tryna say this. Nodoka is obsessed with knowledge and understanding things/people. That's partially why she compiled everyone's habits and experiences into a book and held the Nodokathon. It's not just the perverse satisfaction, it's understanding people and their carnal desires, too. And also why she has to find or "get" things. Whether or not it's familial/something similar to Sekai & Ami, she can't help it. She can't not know.
The way I have been looking at her, is her primary objective is more trying to understand the world they are in and how it works. Or her trying to gain an insight into the motivations of whatever she thinks is controlling or influencing the world. (I don't think she knows about the users yet but she seems to be suspicious of the nature of the world.). She is obviously still interested in understanding the characters and their motivations, but I think that might be secondary to her trying to gain an insight into the world they are in.

Or you could word it as: The reason she is writing her books is not to understand the Characters, but is instead to understand the Author/s.

Here is a copy paste out of my v33 notes on her which might be interesting, Idk if they will make sense unless you are a copy of me, But I cant really be bothered to re write them in a way that will so I guess be warned of that. And they don't necessarily reflect my current reading of her character.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
The way I have been looking at her, is her primary objective is more trying to understand the world they are in and how it works. Or her trying to gain an insight into the motivations of whatever she thinks is controlling or influencing the world. (I don't think she knows about the users yet but she seems to be suspicious of the nature of the world.). She is obviously still interested in understanding the characters and their motivations, but I think that might be secondary to her trying to gain an insight into the world they are in.

Or you could word it as: The reason she is writing her books is not to understand the Characters, but is instead to understand the Author/s.

Here is a copy paste out of my v33 notes on her which might be interesting, Idk if they will make sense unless you are a copy of me, But I cant really be bothered to re write them in a way that will so I guess be warned of that. And they don't necessarily reflect my current reading of her character.
I don't disagree, if anything I'd say she has a pension for understanding in general, but obviously the big questions like the universe are more important and enticing than the small things. Something is obviously going on with her, but I feel less qualified to guess where it's heading than most. Her latest run-in with Yasu at the church and everything else has me hopeful we get more of her piecing things together soon rather than just Nodoka shenanigans. I haven't taken many notes so reading yours was interesting, I'll probably have to start eventually..

Reactions: Apollo259

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

I agree with your notes. The thing about Nodoka is that, while she can be compared to Tsubasa (I think Akira did), she can also be compared to Yasu. What we conveniently forget though is that, although Yasu hears/sees a lot more than Nodoka, Nodoka does not have a religion to fall back on.
Another thing that seems highly relevant to this is her mother. Especially because her mother might have had the same role as her, but was able to do it. Again, we lack crucial info on that. But, basically, her frustration might be even bigger regarding that, since that same supernatural search might have already been achieved (so she knows it's possible and therefore will stop at nothing to reach it too), or that that supernatural search result may have put her mother in a disabled condition, thus condemning her to take care of her (all of this has been alluded to a couple of times, in the sense that the events of LiL could be just a repeat of what happened at the house by the lake/upside down house).

There are many layers to Nodoka yet to be revealed.

Last edited:

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Tsuneyo is an interesting character.
Is she chinese? Is she black?
Is she black because her father is WIRES?
Does she like noodles because they resemble cables?
Does she lack feelings because she's a construct and her father hasn't learned to give her emotions yet?
Every person is wired up with blood vessels. WHAT ARE WE REALLY EATING ?
IIrc wasnt she from like egypt?I think she talked about where she was from since she is adopted and all but i may be wrong

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Okay, a few words about Tsuneyo relationships with egypt (somebody asked me to share this therory here).

Firt of all, all we know is that her mother was from Egypt. Anything other is a pure speculation.

However, there are huge implications that her father is literally god, and it is not imposible to their entire family to be a part of egyptian panteon. This reminded me of myth about Isis and Osiris, which is very close (some would say it was appropriated) to the myth of Jesus's ressurection. Considering significant amout of bible references, she might be the one who would ressurect a new born god (i.e. Sensei) or return Maya prime back, or something like that

Once again, pure speculations

Oct 1, 2023
Okay, a few words about Tsuneyo relationships with egypt (somebody asked me to share this therory here).

Firt of all, all we know is that her mother was from Egypt. Anything other is a pure speculation.

However, there are huge implications that her father is literally god, and it is not imposible to their entire family to be a part of egyptian panteon. This reminded me of myth about Isis and Osiris, which is very close (some would say it was appropriated) to the myth of Jesus's ressurection. Considering significant amout of bible references, she might be the one who would ressurect a new born god (i.e. Sensei) or return Maya prime back, or something like that

Once again, pure speculations
Birds are often depicted in ancient egypt as symbols of divine power and protection, Noodles specifically is a Male house sparrow, which are native to Egypt.

Osiris was a King that ruled the world until his evil brother Seth killed him. His wife Isis then looked for pieces of Osiris all around the world to ressurect him, she was able to find all but one, which had been lost forever. Undeterred by this she asked Anubis the jackal god of the afterlife to help her and together they temporarily brought back Osiris, who during this short time impregnated Isis. Their child ended up being Horus, the Bird God of the Sun who would free the world from Seth.

I have many times shared my belief that the gods (there is no god in this game) Users are trying to manipulate Akira into getting a girl pregnant because their child would be all-powerful and shit, Yasu is the one who alludes to this the most. They go to such lenghts to make this happen that they implant fake feelings of love and lust on girls so that they get pregnant.

If you were to interpret the egyptian lore and paste it on LiL, WIRES would end up being Geb the Creator God of the Earth, Akira would be Osiris the God of Death, Tsuneyo would be Isis the goddess of the moon, and Horus would be the Bird god of the Sun. There's a lot of birds in Horus's family tree, whilst the Evil God Seth is more related to insects.
Theres also a lot of incest going on...

Tsuneyo looking for pieces of Akira to bring him back and having this super child does fall in line, specially when we know she's supposed to be his wife at some point.

This of course still doesn't explain Tsuneyo's chinese affiliation but there's a lot of stuff that makes sense.

Jan 1, 2024
I assume Sekai's jealously is before the sleepover but I can be wrong, I only assume since during the day Ami is playing cards against humanity with Niki which might've lead to them taking a break on the couch which gives us the jealousy preview but I'm not sure if previews are in chronological order but someone (I unfortunately forgot who) said they are, so I'm basing it also off that.

Now to the point, I've got a bad feeling that the sleepover might become more than a sleepover with
Jealousy Sekai being there alongside Pareidolia that hates the Nakayamas IIRC.

Or it could hopefully take the other chance of being a wholesome sleepover instead of a bad one.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes