Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
I can very much understand that from my recent foray into being a writist.

My project basically only has 1 character and I find from time to time the creative juices run out. I'm getting around it by effectively writing in vignettes so I can think about another part of the story. But sometimes I just get a bit bored of writing the character.

I'm also finding by having 1 character that I'm falling into the Tomb Raider reboot problem where it feels like I'm torturing her. Imagine if all the shit you're piling on your characters was all put on the shoulders of one of them - I reckon it would just feel mean.
Exactly. The reason I’m able to put out content so frequently and not get burned out is because I structured the world in a way where that would never have time to happen. I’m never writing more than 5 events for a character at a time, so jumping to someone else with a different voice reinvigorates me. I’ve worked on other VNs as a scenario writer or editor with far less work and burned out soooo much faster due to lack of variety

Feb 17, 2018
As I said, I come back with an opinion. About the game: it's interesting, the characters are well done, all girls stories are interesting, the game already has a lot of content. (y) I saw that many people had something to say about my opinion about breast size.:unsure: Well it's strictly about tastes in this case, personally after I played and saw better the characters I prefer the size of Haruka's breasts. And I don't like unreal huge breasts either, as one user said above. I consider round breasts and a little perky to be beautiful and of course without an exaggerated size. When I said "bigger is better" it was a little joke i wasn't referring to some huge unreal breasts...:giggle: I understand that the developer has preferences for smaller breasts and I respect his preferences.:) After all, you must also like the work you do. And I saw that although most girl have small breasts, there are also characters with larger breasts. So an extra point for the developer because he tried to please everyone. Further success in the development of the game!(y)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah people who have an understanding of how Japanese words are pronounced will take much longer to get the joke. The Japanese pronunciation is the canonically correct one.

Io's really interesting in that regard. She's the only character of the 20 main girls who I didn't actually have an idea for. I just wanted to challenge myself in making a cute, green-haired girl since that's not normally a hair color I'm into. So when she and Uta won the first new dorm poll, I really started worrying. I went through a lot of different ideas in my head for Io and none of them did what I wanted them to do. It wasn't until the day I started writing this update that I figured out where I want to go with her- and she's now one of my favorite characters in the game to write for.

I was actually asked about this in the Discord yesterday. Around the 3k mark, I realized that there was a big chance for the second dorm room to fill up, so I started theorizing where I could go if that happened long before it actually did. I had time to connect certain characters together, like Nodoka and Futaba's relationship as well as the Yasu thing you mentioned in your post. Overall, the draft of the story hasn't really strayed from where it was always going to go- but it got a hell of a lot bigger. And I don't mean that in just an interpersonal relationship point. The underlying mystery of this world has greatly expanded and I'm now confident I can much-further embellish on why things are the way they are, how they got that way, and what (if anything) can be done to "fix" it. Granted, this also means it will take a lot longer to fully tell the story, but we've now got almost 30 congruent character subplots to focus on as well.

Having this many characters is actually kind of a blessing in that sense because it allows me to throw people into certain situations they'd have never had to deal with if the new characters didn't exist. It's also why I'm not fond of the critique of having "too many characters" or "not focusing on the ones in the game now" because, like I've been saying since the start, everything is connected. All of the characters grow together. And, not to toot my own horn here, but I think the pacing of that has been rather good.

I've kind of derailed from the purpose of this response in saying that and have now gotten myself sidetracked, but this game was never designed to let people just keep spending time with one character they like- it was to display different types of people with different types of issues and force everyone to water all of them. To cultivate a garden of broken or misguided girls that will remain with you long after the game comes to an end. The more girls in this game, the more stories I can tell and the more lessons I can teach.

Final point, long detached from the purpose of this reponse: I'm going to put as many characters into the game as I want and I am going to make you love (or hate) all of them.

Final point 2, back on topic/tldr: The grand plans haven't changed, they've just gotten exponentially more detailed.
I got the joke pretty qquick and I understand Japanese on a basic level, such as how their vowel sounds work, which is the part you were hinting at. I would explain for those that don't know the difference in vowel sounds, but it would ruin the joke, so I'll keep my mouth shut on that.

As for Io, I initially thought she would be some timid character like Sana, but not socially awkward on top of her timidity like Sana is. Then came the surprise, well played, I can't wait for her to start setting verbal traps like her original cast counterpart.

You're missing my point. It's ok that this game is different. But specifically about the "puzzle", it's too unexpected. You're not required to remember anything for almost whole game. For a very long time there's no hint that you should. The first one is way too late, maybe it's even after (but I'm not completely sure about that) you saw and forgot some other parts, because you couldn't have known that they are important.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No, everything is very well timed. The information is fairly obvious that it is important, why would it even come up at all otherwise? It wouldn't be important information without the puzzle, so it would have no use and could be discarded entirely for something of no importance, but equal impact to the story. If the information had been presented at a point where you couldn't find out before the puzzle, I would agree, but it is presented before the puzzle. Even the very last line of dialogue the player ever sees before the puzzle is sufficient as long as said player isn't doing themselves a disservice by skipping text.

As for that last part, a computer program is one running theory as to where the story is going to lead.

Honestly, that puzzle section was just originally going to be the IP address and nothing else. But then some cuck went against the one thing I asked people not to do and ruined it for everyone.

That being said, I actually love how that scene came out and am excited to figure out another way to make people quit next.
Not going to happen. I may have put my part 2 run on hold until I figure out what exactly happened in my original run, the memory issue, but I am not giving up, not even you can get me to. If there's ever only one player left standing, you know who it'll be. I say bring it on, make things harder, even. I'm up for a good challenge. :p

Also, remind me never to get on your bad side. :ROFLMAO:

Certainly a more prominent character for myself as well, and that has been done from the get go just from the introductory update. Will be interesting to see where you'll take her. I'm seeing a lot of options, one more intriguing than the next. But then again, you've already proven to be more than capable of pulling a rug from under the most seemingly mundane and "normal" characters like Makoto (I'm looking at you, Bluejay) and turning them upside down, not to mention instantly a front and center of attention and interest. So who knows what you can do with already interesting character like Io going forward. Either way, you are certainly making reading the story more and more worth it with each update.
Indeed

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember the game telling you explicitly to remember the IP address...I even took a screenshot of it and backed it up onto cloud cause I thought it would be useful later on...

The other parts about the terminal and stuff were hard though, cause that came out of the blue. Glad selebus made an option to replay every scene so it wasn't a pain in the ass going through the game again ;)
Indeed it does, good call on the screenshot. I didn't make it that far in my ill fated reset, but I was planning on writing it down via Notepad along with any other useful notes.

I can very much understand that from my recent foray into being a writist.

My project basically only has 1 character and I find from time to time the creative juices run out. I'm getting around it by effectively writing in vignettes so I can think about another part of the story. But sometimes I just get a bit bored of writing the character.

I'm also finding by having 1 character that I'm falling into the Tomb Raider reboot problem where it feels like I'm torturing her. Imagine if all the shit you're piling on your characters was all put on the shoulders of one of them - I reckon it would just feel mean.
I could see it, especially with how bad some of the problems in the story are, like with Rin or even Miku. Also, yeah, been there, writer's block is the freaking worst.

Exactly. The reason I’m able to put out content so frequently and not get burned out is because I structured the world in a way where that would never have time to happen. I’m never writing more than 5 events for a character at a time, so jumping to someone else with a different voice reinvigorates me. I’ve worked on other VNs as a scenario writer or editor with far less work and burned out soooo much faster due to lack of variety
Great planning on your part, all you really have to worry about is any health concerns or real life issues that arise since, like you said, you won't get burned out. Doing so few also allows you to focus on those few for a quality over quantity approach to the writing. No wonder you're so good at this.

As I said, I come back with an opinion. About the game: it's interesting, the characters are well done, all girls stories are interesting, the game already has a lot of content. (y) I saw that many people had something to say about my opinion about breast size.:unsure: Well it's strictly about tastes in this case, personally after I played and saw better the characters I prefer the size of Haruka's breasts. And I don't like unreal huge breasts either, as one user said above. I consider round breasts and a little perky to be beautiful and of course without an exaggerated size. When I said "bigger is better" it was a little joke i wasn't referring to some huge unreal breasts...:giggle: I understand that the developer has preferences for smaller breasts and I respect his preferences.:) After all, you must also like the work you do. And I saw that although most girl have small breasts, there are also characters with larger breasts. So an extra point for the developer because he tried to please everyone. Further success in the development of the game!(y)
Hey, to each their own. I'm actually on the extreme opposite end, a 'flat is justice' type, so the smaller the better, but I will accept any size up to apparent C-cups with average writing or literally any size with good writing. With writing this good, I'm even willing to accept literal blimp sized ones, though Koikatsu isn't exactly equipped to handle them at that size. You can only go so far before clipping and other issues occur.

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Yes

I'm not sure, I just reported by commenting just in case, however, the error message did mention Lessons in Love in the bar at the top of the message window.

I'm also going to do an integrity check on my RAM and other components on my next intentional reboot to see if maybe some of my memory is no longer in working order. If it isn't, I'll have to replace it before getting into the game again for another attempt. I might have damaged something with my less than five minutes playing Genshin Impact on a machine that meets double the recommended requirements since I literally just got to seeing the town in the distance in the beginning of the game before my computer turned itself off to save the hardware.

The really bad part is I was using a stopwatch on my computer to keep track of play time to give me the total down to the hundredths of a second, but that got wiped with the hard reboot, so I have to start from the beginning. I'll be using my phone as a fail safe in my next attempt.

It was so bad that my entire machine was a slide show and the message just wouldn't stop popping up, the browser with the stopwatch active even crashed. I don't know, it might not be the game, it could be my browser, too, but better to be safe than sorry considering the message did specifically mention the game.

I swear this is turning into some sort of sudden death Nuzlocke challenge with several rules:

1) You can save, but you cannot stop playing unless you need to take care of human needs and you must get back in when done with said needs or it is an instant death. (to prevent forgetting information)

2) Any red is an instant death. (it must be a perfect run, I will accept nothing less)

3) You must track your time in game, any loss of this time or failure to stop tracking time while not playing is an instant death. (just curious as to the exact game length in time)

This basically means that, should I lose my play time record for any reason, including a total system crash, I have to start over, if I miss any event for any reason, including my own stupidity, I must start over, and if I stop playing for any unnecessary reason, that means anything that isn't necessary for human survival, I must start over.
I sometimes get crashes with Unity games that turn off my video card and monitor enters sleep mode. Have to reboot computer to do anything.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I sometimes get crashes with Unity games that turn off my video card and monitor enters sleep mode. Have to reboot computer to do anything.
This is Renpy, though, and this is the first and only time I've had this issue on this game. I could see Unity doing this, some of those are a bit resource heavy, but not a Renpy game with no RPG elements or anything like that. A heavier Renpy game with actual battles, more stats, stuff like that, I could see.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Yeah I wonder what's the pun behind it, I definitely don't know that one, plz tell me oh glorious dev
I'm 100% fluent in Japanese and I still haven't gotten it... o_Oo_Oo_O

Reactions: Ankoku

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
You're told to write down the terminal too but in a really roundabout way
A lot of the information you needed has been presented multiple times. The user and terminal #s especially have all been showcased fairly frequently. I'm really surprised how many people play this game and pay no attention to all the little details, especially considering how much effort you put into calling subtle attention to them.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
So someone wayyy far back in this thread brought up the checkmarks on the poster during There is Nothing so here's my guess (hopefully no one else brought this up or I'll look like a dummy)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey m8, I am the one who brought it up. I also thought of virginities taken adding to the number, however, keep in mind that this is the main story event. Ayane's wasn't necessary to get there (asfar as I remember), for example.
Same withnumber of women we've had sex wth, since those are optional.

Thats when it came to me: Maya's reaction in the beach if you didn't do anything with Ami. She says "huh... Interesting"
This means that Maya EXPECTS us to start something with Ami.

And if you read some of my previous posts, I theorized about MC not being some random who took over "Sensei's" body but Sensei himself, with his memories fucked up.

My idea right now is that Sensei has started a relationship at least 3 times with Ami before.
It could be that, but I hadn't thought of the rows of checkmarks...
Right now I am thinking of the Arakawa family.
The 3 checkmarks could be the memebers that MC has desecrated, in a way. Taking over the uncle, and invading the house of Ami's parents. This could be Sensei's subconscious feeling guilty over it.
Ami is singled out becuse she is the one we could've avoided hurting.

• Wow
Reactions: Ankoku and alex2011

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
As for that last part, a computer program is one running theory as to where the story is going to lead.
I may have put my part 2 run on hold until I figure out what exactly happened in my original run, the memory issue, but I am not giving up, not even you can get me to. If there's ever only one player left standing, you know who it'll be.
Then how isn't it obvious to you of all people? This is not a game, it's much deeper. Sensei is in game world, a virtual reality, but also outside of it. The computer system that runs it is malfunctioning. Your own IRL computer is malfunctioning too. It's clear as day, everything is connected, *you* are Sensei, and now you will get sucked in the game world! You lucky bastard, say hello to girls from me. I just hope that when it's my time, I'll get my own copy of the world, otherwise it would be quite overcrowded.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
I think I've said it before in the past, but eyy
It has something in common with coom!!!
Ah f- it, just say it and you'll get it...
Goddammit, I nearly missed the joke until I just tried saying it in a more 'English" way out loud lmfao.

10/10 game. Just for the pun and the isekei weebnote jab
Ohhhh....I get it. I kept on reading that thing like how you would in Japanese, and that sounds way different. Tried to read it with the English accent and...:LOL:

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes