Sep 16, 2018
I was actually asked about this in the Discord yesterday. Around the 3k mark, I realized that there was a big chance for the second dorm room to fill up, so I started theorizing where I could go if that happened long before it actually did. I had time to connect certain characters together, like Nodoka and Futaba's relationship as well as the Yasu thing you mentioned in your post. Overall, the draft of the story hasn't really strayed from where it was always going to go- but it got a hell of a lot bigger. And I don't mean that in just an interpersonal relationship point. The underlying mystery of this world has greatly expanded and I'm now confident I can much-further embellish on why things are the way they are, how they got that way, and what (if anything) can be done to "fix" it. Granted, this also means it will take a lot longer to fully tell the story, but we've now got almost 30 congruent character subplots to focus on as well.

Having this many characters is actually kind of a blessing in that sense because it allows me to throw people into certain situations they'd have never had to deal with if the new characters didn't exist. It's also why I'm not fond of the critique of having "too many characters" or "not focusing on the ones in the game now" because, like I've been saying since the start, everything is connected. All of the characters grow together. And, not to toot my own horn here, but I think the pacing of that has been rather good.

I've kind of derailed from the purpose of this response in saying that and have now gotten myself sidetracked, but this game was never designed to let people just keep spending time with one character they like- it was to display different types of people with different types of issues and force everyone to water all of them. To cultivate a garden of broken or misguided girls that will remain with you long after the game comes to an end. The more girls in this game, the more stories I can tell and the more lessons I can teach.

Final point, long detached from the purpose of this reponse: I'm going to put as many characters into the game as I want and I am going to make you love (or hate) all of them.

Final point 2, back on topic/tldr: The grand plans haven't changed, they've just gotten exponentially more detailed.
The issue with a ton of patreon projects is that the creators are incentivized to drag it out as long as they can to maintain their income, so you end up with games like Radiant and Polarity that get updated maybe twice every year while the developers collect monthly payments.

You kind of took the opposite approach. Instead of taking longer to produce the same amount of work, you picked up the pace and expanded the story itself. Sets you up with a decent income and the patreons get a steady stream of 40-80k words every month for the next few years. You treat it like a full time job which is exactly how a campaign like this should be run.

Printed end to end the finished Lessons in Love will probably be large and heavy enough to crush a man to death. At least he'd die with an extremely confused boner.

Not trying to set you up against other developers, it's just extremely refreshing to see a creator with that amount of respect for the patrons and that level of work ethic.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Oh. Room with clocks at the edge of the world. Ok yeah, I get the horror tag now. Of course the way Sensei reacts turns it back to hilarious, but I appreciate how you able to completely catch me off guard with that.

Fuck yeah, HM02
Just so you know, the first happy event (that youjust witnessed) is as scary as the game gets (so far)
The rest is more of a tense mystery, with disturbing implications that gets the noggin jogging.
P.S. you may want to "go back home" after going to the dormitory in the weekend instead of getting affection points.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The issue with a ton of patreon projects is that the creators are incentivized to drag it out as long as they can to maintain their income, so you end up with games like Radiant and Polarity that get updated maybe twice every year while the developers collect monthly payments.

You kind of took the opposite approach. Instead of taking longer to produce the same amount of work, you picked up the pace and expanded the story itself. Sets you up with a decent income and the patreons get a steady stream of 40-80k words every month for the next few years. You treat it like a full time job which is exactly how a campaign like this should be run.

Printed end to end the finished Lessons in Love will probably be large and heavy enough to crush a man to death. At least he'd die with an extremely confused boner.

Not trying to set you up against other developers, it's just extremely refreshing to see a creator with that amount of respect for the patrons and that level of work ethic.
Indeed, I can't tell you how many games I've wasted time on following just to have them turn out to be milking projects, projects never meant to be completed and only ever meant to protect the dev's income from angry patrons taking their money to a competitor.

I was actually on the blog of one developer today who I've trusted for years now. Several terrible decisions and almost no game progress later and I'm considering dropping them entirely because, while they do communicate, they do nothing but send out apologies for delays that stack up back to back and news that they've added yet more side content to the list of things that were never on the list for the current build. This side content has never failed to produce more delays.

That's why Selebus has been a breath of fresh air for me as far as the development cycle, someone who actually tries to keep up with their plan and doesn't let anyone get in their way.

Oh. Room with clocks at the edge of the world. Ok yeah, I get the horror tag now. Of course the way Sensei reacts turns it back to hilarious, but I appreciate how you able to completely catch me off guard with that.

Fuck yeah, HM02
Just wait until you hit Bluejay, I will say no more out of an attempt to prevent spoilers.

Just so you know, the first happy event (that youjust witnessed) is as scary as the game gets (so far)
The rest is more of a tense mystery, with disturbing implications that gets the noggin jogging.
P.S. you may want to "go back home" after going to the dormitory in the weekend instead of getting affection points.
I don't know, Bluejay was scary for a different reason, granted I'm not sure it would be without an emotional attachment to a certain character involved in it.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
I don't know, Bluejay was scary for a different reason, granted I'm not sure it would be without an emotional attachment to a certain character involved in it.
I was talking of the more standard horror. You know, with strong imagery and stuff.
BlueJay is both psychological, and the thing I said about "tense mystery, with disturbing implications"

One of the things I like about Sel's management is that he is very clear on what he wants to do, and sticks to what he says. no sudden "I just decided to add to this side aspect of the game"
When he tells you he will do Quality of Life update, he does it, and you were told before-hand about it.
Thats some inspirational work-ethic.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Hail dev, can I get the old event list kept back as another option rather than me clicking every single one of 'em to check if I missed any events?

I'm really great at forgetting stuff

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I was talking of the more standard horror. You know, with strong imagery and stuff.
BlueJay is both psychological, and the thing I said about "tense mystery, with disturbing implications"

One of the things I like about Sel's management is that he is very clear on what he wants to do, and sticks to what he says. no sudden "I just decided to add to this side aspect of the game"
When he tells you he will do Quality of Life update, he does it, and you were told before-hand about it.
Thats some inspirational work-ethic.
Like I said, a different reason. However, the intensity of the scare was up there.

Yeah, that's what I like about Selebus as a dev, he knows what he wants, he does what he wants. Devs like the one I'm considering leaving, not so much. I've seen that same 'I added this even though it wasn't planned' song and dance for the last year and I'm getting tired of it. I don't even see that as a possibility with Selebus.

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but was the Christmas event a limited time thing? I ask because I haven't seen it yet, and asides from some pink events with the girls, I've caught up on all content. When should it have happened? Perhaps I should try re-downloading, maybe it's bugged?

Also, is it possible to not miss any events if you do them in a certain order? For example, on Rin's profile it says I have 1 missed event which I assume was from how I handled the promise I made with her about Chika. And I saw someone mention that if you do Chika's "Schadenfreude" event after the beach event it helps your relationship with Rin, would I be able to see that missed Rin event if I did thing that way, for example?

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but was the Christmas event a limited time thing? I ask because I haven't seen it yet, and asides from some pink events with the girls, I've caught up on all content. When should it have happened? Perhaps I should try re-downloading, maybe it's bugged?

Also, is it possible to not miss any events if you do them in a certain order? For example, on Rin's profile it says I have 1 missed event which I assume was from how I handled the promise I made with her about Chika. And I saw someone mention that if you do Chika's "Schadenfreude" event after the beach event it helps your relationship with Rin, would I be able to see that missed Rin event if I did thing that way, for example?
You don't have any incomplete main events?

As of now, it is possible to not miss any events if you do them in the right order. Your Chika/Rin example is backwards, though. You need to do the beach event before Schadenfreude.

Reactions: alex2011

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019

Yeah, there is a route for all the perfectionists so do things in the right order and you won't miss any events (for now). General rule of thumb is that you want to raise all character lust to at least 20-25 before tackling the beach event (I made it 60 via save editor), and you never want to reject a character that wants to fuck you.

Also, did you get all the happy scenes and do the second reset? Christmas events should come after that. Click on the progress bar to see what events you're missing :)

Also, guide:
Updated my event guide for 0.12.0 part 2.
Find the events you're missing on it if you get stuck.

Reactions: Ankoku and alex2011

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019

First off, Christmas is a part of the main story. It comes right after the 2nd reset. There are lust events with Chika and Futaba.

Second, yes, if you wait until AFTER the beach event to do Chika's event where you finger her, you WON'T miss Rin's event.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

As it is now, yes, it is possible to miss events, especially like the Rin event you mentioned, but also any lust events, the pink ones. In order to get those, the character must have a certain number in their lust stat, however, you mention the Christmas events as well as several lust events, which are the pink ones.

However, if you do things just right, you will not miss anything and main events like the Christmas event cannot be missed. Only character and 'happy' scene events can be missed, which includes invite over and lust events.

The lust events you need are likely set after the point at which the Christmas event takes place. Have you completed "There is Nothing" yet? It should trigger the Christmas stuff right after and two of the lust events take place during the Christmas event.

You don't have any incomplete main events?

As of now, it is possible to not miss any events if you do them in the right order. Your Chika/Rin example is backwards, though. You need to do the beach event before Schadenfreude.
And I saw someone mention that if you do Chika's "Schadenfreude" event after the beach event
You might want to reread that, he did say it right, just from the Chika perspective instead of the Rin perspective.

Think of it like this, the beach event is the Rin side of the lockout, Schadenfreude is the Chika side of the lockout.

The way you put it is from the perspective of the beach event, Rin's side of the lockout, so do the beach event before Schadenfreude.

The way he put it is from the perspective of Schadenfreude, Chika's side of the lockout, so do Schadenfreude after the beach event. Literally the same thing in different words.

Yeah, there is a route for all the perfectionists so do things in the right order and you won't miss any events (for now). General rule of thumb is that you want to raise all character lust to at least 20-25 before tackling the beach event (I made it 60 via save editor), and you never want to reject a character that wants to fuck you.

Also, did you get all the happy scenes and do the second reset? Christmas events should come after that. Click on the progress bar to see what events you're missing :)

Also, guide:

Find the events you're missing on it if you get stuck.
Be careful how you put that, I do believe 20 is the point at which the dreaded Schadenfreude triggers, so you should also mention NOT to go to the location of that event once Chika reaches the required number, which I know for a fact is at least somewhere in the 20-25 range.

Reactions: anon670-1

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Be careful how you put that, I do believe 20 is the point at which the dreaded Schadenfreude triggers, so you should also mention NOT to go to the location of that event once Chika reaches the required number, which I know for a fact is at least somewhere in the 20-25 range.
Thanks for the catch! (y)

Personally, I just avoided Chika like the plague before the beach event so I didn't trigger Schadenfreude even with 60+ lust, but yeah, it would've been easier if I just didn't set the lust point so high:p

Reactions: alex2011

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
I don't know why but the events:
- Chika : Baby it's cold outside
- Futaba : Selfless
- Kirin : Full Blossom

Those 3 events don't want to trigger. And not marked as "missed" (I have followed the guide)
I have completed all the other girls events (except one that I missed with Haruka). And for the story line, I just completed the "Stray Cat" event ( near the end of chapter1).

Can someone tell me how to trigger those events ? And also how to progress the story line ? 3 weeks passed trying to trigger those events without success. (Just reached day 300+)

Thanks.

Reactions: The the Guy

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019

Those 3 events don't want to trigger. And not marked as "missed" (I have followed the guide)
I have completed all the other girls events (except one that I missed with Haruka). And for the story line, I just completed the "Stray Cat" event ( near the end of chapter1).

Can someone tell me how to trigger those events ? And also how to progress the story line ? 3 weeks passed trying to trigger those events without success. (Just reached day 300+)

Thanks.
Did you do the 2nd reset? Use the guide on the opening page on the forum to find out about the second reset (you need all happy events).

The Chika and Futaba one are related to high lust points + the Chapter 2 christmas event, and I think the Kirin event as well :)

Reactions: Ankoku and Erros

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017

Thanks.
Chika and Futaba's events are part of the sequence of Christmas events (like earlier lust events were part of the trip to the beach). The Kirin event is a Chapter 2 event.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

Thanks.
You have to get through "There is Nothing" to see the events you listed.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes