alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Anyone know what the colors mean in the event tracker (and the guide, for that matter)? The guide says red means you missed it, and in some cases they map to girls, but there seems to be other meanings too.
Pink - An unseen lust event, these are primarily where the sex elements will be.

Green - You cleared any event of this color.

Red with strike through - You missed this event, this status is permanent per save, so the only way to clear a scene with this color is to go back to an earlier point.

Blue - I've only seen them once, but I do believe these are invite over events, more specifically the first one since we've only had one batch of three invite over capable characters so far. Much like how the first lust event of a character unlocks their special name for you, this likely unlocks the ability to invite that girl over for repeatable scenes with higher than normal affection or lust gains depending on what you do once invited.

Black - The obvious one, you haven't seen it yet and it isn't a lust event.

where is second floor of dorm ?
First menu upon entering the dorm, if you don't have the option, you aren't far enough into the story.

who knows what kind of consequences might come up
Nobody but Selebus, but we at least know they won't be good and the game likely won't go easy on us for cheating. It will likely be something VERY bad.

Reactions: buff

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
Anyone know what the colors mean in the event tracker (and the guide, for that matter)? The guide says red means you missed it, and in some cases they map to girls, but there seems to be other meanings too.
Bold means a main/happy event and red means what you said. Otherwise, all colors map to girls (in the guide).

Last edited:
Reactions: buff and alex2011

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
They do, Makoto teaches Ami the slope-intercept form just before the first reset and Ami brings it up again soon after it.
Also you take Chika to the beach just before the reset and during the full class beach trip after she brings up having been there "a couple months ago" but can't figure out exactly when she would have went since summer just started.
Not quite what I meant. There are "loops" and in them there are "resets"
We know, according to Maya, that there have been "other senseis" which are "other loops"
In the current loop, with "our sensei" we've had 2 resets. The girls clearly remember what happened in this loop, regardless of reset (as shown with Ami taking lessons from Makoto) maybe because Maya went out of her way to pray for our "progress to be carried over"

Anyway, what I am saying is, the girls won't remember what they learnt in the previoud loop, but they will whatever happens in this loop... Unless it goes against whatever is resetting the world's interest (like Bluejay)

Reactions: alex2011

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Not quite what I meant. There are "loops" and in them there are "resets"
We know, according to Maya, that there have been "other senseis" which are "other loops"
In the current loop, with "our sensei" we've had 2 resets. The girls clearly remember what happened in this loop, regardless of reset (as shown with Ami taking lessons from Makoto) maybe because Maya went out of her way to pray for our "progress to be carried over"

Anyway, what I am saying is, the girls won't remember what they learnt in the previoud loop, but they will whatever happens in this loop... Unless it goes against whatever is resetting the world's interest (like Bluejay)
They remember previous sensei. Wouldn't that argue against not remembering previous loops?

buff

May 29, 2017
So, I read something in this thread that made it sound like unless you get to the event where you have to decide wether or not to stay the night with Ayane (and face certain discovery by Sana) in Still Young then it impacts the Beach event. I already played the beach event and just now got to Still Young. Does that mean I'm screwed?

Also, if someone were to write a plugin that did nothing more than print the name of the event currently playing I'd download the hell of it. I am wasting way too much time having to work out an event tree so that I can troubleshoot all the scenes I keep missing because I didn't grind someone's lust score fast enough and some event triggers that screws me; having a better idea of what event was what (by seeing their names as they played) would help a lot. The game is great, but I really hate being punished for insufficient grinding.....

Reactions: cakeny

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Agreed, would be awesome if we had option to prevent events from auto-triggering.
So, I read something in this thread that made it sound like unless you get to the event where you have to decide wether or not to stay the night with Ayane (and face certain discovery by Sana) in Still Young then it impacts the Beach event. I already played the beach event and just now got to Still Young. Does that mean I'm screwed?

Also, if someone were to write a plugin that did nothing more than print the name of the event currently playing I'd download the hell of it. I am wasting way too much time having to work out an event tree so that I can troubleshoot all the scenes I keep missing because I didn't grind someone's lust score fast enough and some event triggers that screws me; having a better idea of what event was what (by seeing their names as they played) would help a lot. The game is great, but I really hate being punished for insufficient grinding.....
You do have that option, don't grind the corresponding stat to the necessary level. Of course, by taking that option, you put yourself in a position where you can no longer progress.

I don't see implementing a trigger block happening outside the ones already present based on certain in game requirements and I don't see a plugin to list the event name coming from an official source, but maybe a modder will do it.

buff

May 29, 2017
You do have that option, don't grind the corresponding stat to the necessary level. Of course, by taking that option, you put yourself in a position where you can no longer progress.

I don't see implementing a trigger block happening outside the ones already present based on certain in game requirements and I don't see a plugin to list the event name coming from an official source, but maybe a modder will do it.
Not talking about stats that prevent events from firing. Those are fine; things get sorted out once you grind the stat a bit. At most a nuisance.

What sucks is when things fire like the Halloween event, and you miss the H-scenes because you met the trigger requirements before you got the lust scores up enough. In the case of Haruka, I had to go waaaaaaay back in my saves in order to get that requirement met-- really annoying, and kills the vibe of the game. I just wanna play it and see my content man. I'd have been much happier if there was a warning, like: "Some lust scores are not adequate to unlock all content in this event. Do you want to skip it until the requirements are met again?" I could say "sure", and try again the next weekend after 5 boring days of grinding a stat.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
They remember previous sensei. Wouldn't that argue against not remembering previous loops?
This their original sensei, in their original timeline. This is to say, they have all thwir memories before the loops started. Another way to look at it, its this sensei not really existing, and these were all memories of "an ideal teacher" implanted into the girls for whoever occupies this body.
At some point Maya mentions that nothing remains of one sensei for the next one. For example, if this sensei were to write in a notebook "this place is fucking weird. There are only 2 seasons, constants 'resets' in an eternal first year of HS and everyone likesme for no reason. The worst is those dreams about clocks..." then this notebook would disappear, and next sensei would know nothing of it.
HOWEVER, the notebook with all the girl's detaild our sensei found at the beginning of the game remains.
There is a "default state" to this world.
Its kinda like deleting a previous save slot with all the progress for your holy knight to start a new game to play with a necromancer.
In each case, you start off as a villager, in the same stsrting town with the same potions and weapon shops available. The villager id the first sensei, the holy knight is one of the many previous senseis, and our current sensei is the necromancer in this example.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Not talking about stats that prevent events from firing. Those are fine; things get sorted out once you grind the stat a bit. At most a nuisance.

What sucks is when things fire like the Halloween event, and you miss the H-scenes because you met the trigger requirements before you got the lust scores up enough. In the case of Haruka, I had to go waaaaaaay back in my saves in order to get that requirement met-- really annoying, and kills the vibe of the game. I just wanna play it and see my content man. I'd have been much happier if there was a warning, like: "Some lust scores are not adequate to unlock all content in this event. Do you want to skip it until the requirements are met again?" I could say "sure", and try again the next weekend after 5 boring days of grinding a stat.
What I'm saying is hold back on grinding those stats, hold off on filling the requirements, until you have the stats for the other events intertwined with it like lust events inside main events. This game is meant to have consequences, that is the consequence of not having the stats for the scene. If you hold back and grind lust before reaching the requirements of the main event, you can then proceed and get everything.

In the case of Haruka, you ran into the consequence of not grinding her lust enough, try alternating the stats you grind per period when possible so you grind both on a per day basis.

It has been said on multiple occasions that lust events require lust scores at a certain amount. Increments of 5 are the universal norm for when a stat unlocks something, any stat.

Skipping the event would not make sense in some cases because they take place during other events. If you see the event they take place during without seeing any lust events attached to them, you miss the lust events, that's the only way that makes sense.

You do not have time travel powers, you cannot save an event that happened in the past for later.

In the course of grinding stats, unless you intentionally hold back on a certain stat, there are going to be times when you miss a lust event attached to main events. If you don't hold back on affection, the requirements for the main event WILL be met and it WILL trigger, that's just the way it is. Focus on lust before that happens if it is too low or you will miss lust events in the process.

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020

There are also some events that trigger based on time with no stat requirements.

buff

May 29, 2017
Bah, I've gotten myself so fucking confused trying to replay stuff over and over to unlock the missing scenes that I can't remember wtf is going on. I wish RenPy by default let you attach a comment to your saves.

Screw it. Maybe I should walk away from the game for a few months, and when I've forgotten enough about it that it won't be boring to replay the last few hours of content, I'll give it another shot. That will suck though because I won't forget everything and I've seen so many spoilers, so it will just be a boring grind instead of fun. Plus you clearly have to play this game with the guide open or you miss too much.

buff

May 29, 2017
And the consequence of not grinding the stats in that time is missing the event, as it should be.
I disagree.

If you incentivize a player to do something that isn't fun (i.e. grind), then the player will do that. And the game will be less enjoyable as a result. It is far more common to see a player walk away from a grindy game in frustration than for someone to say "screw it, I'll voluntarily play the game with reduced content because I don't want to grind." It might not be rational but that's how it is.

We are wired to think that working hard (and by "working" we mean "doing stuff we don't want to do") should be rewarded; after all, that is how real life generally works. But we don't have to create games that way!

That being said-- honestly, the grind isn't the problem. I'm used to games expecting that. The problem is *not knowing when and what I am supposed to grind*. There is no hint in the game that tells me I am about to be punished if I don't grind a stat. Maybe I am supposed to immediately halt all activity other than grinding affection + lust with every character as soon as they are unlocked? I can do that, but nothing made me think I should. Yes, I could download the guide and painstaking build a directed graph out of all of it and probably have worked out the stats, but I (a) did not know it was necessary until too late and (b) it's a huge pain in the ass due to the size and complexity of the events, and the difficulty in even knowing what event is what.

I *really* like this game. The art is good, the overall writing and humor are outstanding, and even the QOL stuff (like the event tracker, the girl lists, the way the gallery integrates with the tracker, etc) are above average. It's a great game. I just found out too late that it's one of those games where you are going to miss a lot if you don't use a walkthrough, and that has me frustrated.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
My problem is unmissable events that you can trigger before you want to.
Those happen at a specific point, you don't have a say in when those occur, so that's when you counter it by buckling down and grinding. In fact, the inability to control when it happens fits perfectly with one of the game's themes, the one where you are not in control at all times, which is a pretty close to central point of the issue player Sensei is facing.

I disagree.

If you incentivize a player to do something that isn't fun (i.e. grind), then the player will do that. And the game will be less enjoyable as a result. It is far more common to see a player walk away from a grindy game in frustration than for someone to say "screw it, I'll voluntarily play the game with reduced content because I don't want to grind." It might not be rational but that's how it is.

We are wired to think that working hard (and by "working" we mean "doing stuff we don't want to do") should be rewarded; after all, that is how real life generally works. But we don't have to create games that way!

That being said-- honestly, the grind isn't the problem. I'm used to games expecting that. The problem is *not knowing when and what I am supposed to grind*. There is no hint in the game that tells me I am about to be punished if I don't grind a stat. Maybe I am supposed to immediately halt all activity other than grinding affection + lust with every character as soon as they are unlocked? I can do that, but nothing made me think I should. Yes, I could download the guide and painstaking build a directed graph out of all of it and probably have worked out the stats, but I (a) did not know it was necessary until too late and (b) it's a huge pain in the ass due to the size and complexity of the events, and the difficulty in even knowing what event is what.

I *really* like this game. The art and fappability are good, the overall writing and humor are outstanding, and even the QOL stuff (like the event tracker, the girl lists, the way the gallery integrates with the tracker, etc) are above average. It's a great game. I just found out too late that it's one of those games where you are going to miss a lot if you don't use a walkthrough, and that has me frustrated.
If a player cannot handle the very small amount of grind in this game, this game may not be for them. You will NOT be handed anything in this game, you have to work for it. How much content a player sees is proportional to how much work they put in. If they put in sufficent work, they get the event, if they don't , they don't. How much work they want to put in is entirely their call, but that decision comes at a price either way.

To avoid not knowing when and what, grind everything at all times, that's what I was saying before. Consequences don't come with hints. Grinding affection and lust is how events trigger, they won't trigger without that because even the events with no secondary stat requirement require other events with a stat requirement. Affection specifically is also required to unlock any and all events except lust events, the only time you will go into multiple events at once, besides a main event with attached lust event, is by having so much affection with every necessary girl that you meet the requirements of more than one event. This is an issue I had with my old save. I ground way more than I should have and was basically ready for the next three updates in advance of all three of them.

You don't need a walkthrough, I'm not using one in my current run, you just have to plan ahead and play smart.

Reactions: anon670-1

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
The problem is *not knowing when and what I am supposed to grind*. There is no hint in the game that tells me I am about to be punished if I don't grind a stat. Maybe I am supposed to immediately halt all activity other than grinding affection + lust with every character as soon as they are unlocked? I can do that, but nothing made me think I should.
And maybe you shouldn't, because at least in one instance (going too far with Chika too soon) it may not be the right choice. Ideally you'll be able to do it right, not too much, not too little, but it's not very likely without some help.

Maybe you're supposed to just dive in, have a good time, and don't worry too much about missed bits, because there's still going to be loads of stuff (what exists so far is supposed to be only a fraction of whole thing when finished).

If you like some characters more than others, you'll get their stats high first, and you probably shouldn't miss their events. If it works like this, it shouldn't be too bad. For example, I missed Haruka's events and I'm not saying that I'm happy about it, but I can live with that. It can still be a problem when you like some characters more or less equally, and it's a nightmate when you're completionist.

So far the amount of missable events is relatively low. Hopefully it will stay that way, and there won't be any excessive branching. Otherwise it would become significantly less enjoyable. You can always follow some walkthrough, but it takes a part of fun away. Hardcode fans may replay it several times and try to find ideal path themselves. But let's be honest, that's not for normal people, because doing that could take months.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes