zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
Yeah, you can do Chika events until " A Dog that Doesn’t Do Math ", after that you stop and continue doing her events only after Rin confession, so you won't be a bad homie..
You can't make things go better for Rin at the beach, but you can make Rin not resent you for that result. If you let the beach event happen and then proceed down Chika's path, she won't be upset with you for it. The game tracks this as a flag called "badhomie". It affects your ongoing relationship with Rin.

IMO it is a shitty gotcha because its possible to advance Chika's storyline past the point of no return before she explicitly tells you about her crush. It's not just one of the few decisions with an impact, but it's one where you can be unaware of that impact when you do it. The later Chika events do NOT require you to have progressed Rin's route to the point she explicitly tells you about her crush on Chika. Generally, this game doesn't do that kind of thing.

To whit:

label mall:
if chika_love >= 0 and firsttimemall == False:
jump firsttimemall
if chika_love >= 5 and mall5 == False:
jump mall5
if chika_love >= 10 and mall10 == False:
jump mall10
if chika_love >= 15 and chikadorm15 == True and day79 == True and mall15 == False:
jump mall15
if chika_love >= 20 and chikadorm20 == True and mall20 == False:
jump mall20
elif christmas7 == True:
jump mallgen2
else:
jump mall2to4

"Hang out":
if chika_love >= 5 and day == 1 and chikadorm5 == False:
"I should probably wait until Yumi's not right there to hang out with Chika..."
jump doorknock
if chika_love >= 5 and day != 1 and day != 3 and chikadorm5 == False:
jump chikadorm5
if chika_love >= 10 and mall10 == True and chikadorm5 == True and chikadorm10 == False:
jump chikadorm10
if chika_love >= 15 and chikadorm10 == True and chikadorm15 == False and day != 3 and day != 1:
jump chikadorm15
if chika_love >= 20 and mall15 == True and chikadorm20 == False:
jump chikadorm20
else:
jump chikadormgen

As you can see, none of those depend on Rin's events. This one has always really bugged me as unfair, as the first time I played I finished Chika's whole route before I started Rin's, and it felt like a gotcha that didn't make any sense (it's not betraying her when you don't even know yet). IMO, Selebus should require cafe15 to do Chikadorm20, so the player has some kind of knowledge of what they're potentially doing. Most of the time these kinds of pathing problems are caught by the central story events (Day79 in this case), but Day79 itself only requires Chickadorm15. The game is just assuming that you have advanced Rin to Cafe15 in the first 79 days, but it's quite possible to not do that.

IMO it's the biggest continuity/logic issue in the game.

Last edited:

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
I have girls over 100 affection and nearly that in damn Lust ...
After playing this game for a good 8 hours and STILL can't get a new fucking event for the girl ...
I am on day 818!
If you're trying for eight hours to find one new scene, I admire your patience. I got stuck too, and I agree that it's very easy. Fortunately, the guide linked from first post does the trick for getting unstuck.

If eight hours is your total play time, then don't bother and just look at images, because if you got that far so quickly, you can't be reading much of the text anyway.

Apr 19, 2020
You can't make things go better for Rin at the beach, but you can make Rin not resent you for that result. If you let the beach event happen and then proceed down Chika's path, she won't be upset with you for it. The game tracks this as a flag called "badhomie". It affects your ongoing relationship with Rin.

IMO it is a shitty gotcha because its possible to advance Chika's storyline past the point of no return before she explicitly tells you about her crush. It's not just one of the few decisions with an impact, but it's one where you can be unaware of that impact when you do it. The later Chika events do NOT require you to have progressed Rin's route to the point she explicitly tells you about her crush on Chika. Generally, this game doesn't do that kind of thing.

To whit:

label mall:
if chika_love >= 0 and firsttimemall == False:
jump firsttimemall
if chika_love >= 5 and mall5 == False:
jump mall5
if chika_love >= 10 and mall10 == False:
jump mall10
if chika_love >= 15 and chikadorm15 == True and day79 == True and mall15 == False:
jump mall15
if chika_love >= 20 and chikadorm20 == True and mall20 == False:
jump mall20
elif christmas7 == True:
jump mallgen2
else:
jump mall2to4

"Hang out":
if chika_love >= 5 and day == 1 and chikadorm5 == False:
"I should probably wait until Yumi's not right there to hang out with Chika..."
jump doorknock
if chika_love >= 5 and day != 1 and day != 3 and chikadorm5 == False:
jump chikadorm5
if chika_love >= 10 and mall10 == True and chikadorm5 == True and chikadorm10 == False:
jump chikadorm10
if chika_love >= 15 and chikadorm10 == True and chikadorm15 == False and day != 3 and day != 1:
jump chikadorm15
if chika_love >= 20 and mall15 == True and chikadorm20 == False:
jump chikadorm20
else:
jump chikadormgen

As you can see, none of those depend on Rin's events. This one has always really bugged me as unfair, as the first time I played I finished Chika's whole route before I started Rin's, and it felt like a gotcha that didn't make any sense (it's not betraying her when you don't even know yet). IMO, Selebus should require cafe15 to do Chikadorm20, so the player has some kind of knowledge of what they're potentially doing. Most of the time these kinds of pathing problems are caught by the central story events (Day79 in this case), but Day79 itself only requires Chickadorm15. The game is just assuming that you have advanced Rin to Cafe15 in the first 79 days, but it's quite possible to not do that.

IMO it's the biggest continuity/logic issue in the game.
I think that's supposed to happen though. The game has some pretty bleak perspectives on relationships, and most of them can be quite relatable. I'm sure in real life, you've sometimes hurt someone without realising it. It's quite thought provoking, and maybe it's there as a warning. To show that there can be consequences for progressing too quickly. That's my take on it though

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
It says this is part 2. Is there part 1 of this game?
The game is updated twice a month. Because each update focuses on a different area of the game, Selebus labels them as part 1 and part 2, E.G. 0.12.0 part 2 updates to 0.13.0 part 1 which updates to 0.13.0 part 2 and next update (unless theres a bugfix) should be 0.14.0 part 1.

It's just a versioning number. You get the complete game.

Reactions: alex2011

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
I think that's supposed to happen though. The game has some pretty bleak perspectives on relationships, and most of them can be quite relatable. I'm sure in real life, you've sometimes hurt someone without realising it. It's quite thought provoking, and maybe it's there as a warning. To show that there can be consequences for progressing too quickly. That's my take on it though
I agree with you but I do think it kind of stands out in a game where otherwise, pretty much nothing is missable or optional. The game is extremely linear except for this one thing that you can easily fail to predict, and even if it is thematically in keeping with the game's storytelling, it isn't a good play experience exactly because you're otherwise completely on rails without any optional consequences to incur.

For the game to more or less have one meaningful choice with consequences and then ensure that in that one single choice it's quite possible you don't even realize there could be consequences is a feel-bad, even if it is story-appropriate. It's incongruous.

Jimbolance

Nov 19, 2018
I think some people are misunderstanding the game, or perhaps underestimating the writer in some ways. I don’t think that whether a choice was the good or bad one, or whether there even IS a wholly good choice or not has very much yet to be seen, and can’t be measured with the immediate consequences.
For example, I’m like 90% certain that being a good homie to Rin will cause some other shit to hit the fan later on in the future. In fact for those who played 13pt2 might haven seen one possible way that could happen:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We still have a lot of story to go so I wouldn’t be so sure of anything right now. This stuff with Rin is likely only the beginning.

Reactions: Lucas Martinez
Sep 16, 2018
Keep in mind there are years of development left, it's pretty much guaranteed to happen again.

It also isn't the only incidence of the game fucking with the player by a long shot which, again, guaranteed to continue happening.

Edit:

I think some people are misunderstanding the game, or perhaps underestimating the writer in some ways. I don’t think that whether a choice was the good or bad one, or whether there even IS a wholly good choice or not has very much yet to be seen, and can’t be measured with the immediate consequences.
For example, I’m like 90% certain that being a good homie to Rin will cause some other shit to hit the fan later on in the future. In fact for those who played 13pt2 might haven seen one possible way that could happen:
We still have a lot of story to go so I wouldn’t be so sure of anything right now. This stuff with Rin is likely only the beginning.
Exactly this. Betraying Rin does lock you out of some events even though she "forgives" sensei, but it also opens up one of the best written scenes in the game and gives Sensei his first actual consequence for his extremely unethical and illegal activities. Calling it a bad outcome may be true from a gameplay perspective but as a reader I'm enjoying both paths (although I haven't seen Rin's new events and probably won't until March).

I really think this game is best enjoyed if you lean into the writing rather than treating it purely as a game. While there is a gameplay loop, you aren't always going to be rewarded for engaging with it and sometimes that may not play out until a dozen updates later.

One thing I'm really looking forward to is watching people play this for the first time when it's finished just to see how that experience differs from ours. What Selebus has done better than any other developer I've seen on here is make the storytelling a part of the development process. One of the reasons I think a lot of people went after Chika first is they saw the pink event on her timeline and none on Rin's, it'll be interesting to see if more players catch the badhomie trap when the game is finished.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: anon670-1

LidTheStanker

Aug 8, 2017
If I have an extremely old save from when this game had like 2 updates, and have a lot of grinded out points, am I locked out of new content from the last several updates?

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
If I have an extremely old save from when this game had like 2 updates, and have a lot of grinded out points, am I locked out of new content from the last several updates?
As long as you didn't do Chika's Schadenfruede event before the beach event, you should be good.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Man, I can't break the wee Irish lass's heart, but...

At first, I wanted a Sensei, Rin, Futaba triangle, now I want a parallelogram involving Molly. Ah, fuck it, make it a dodecahedron/n-polyhedron with everyone, even Ms(Mrs?). Watabe.

Drogorn

Jun 24, 2018
Molly’s north Irish from near Armagh- where my grandmother immigrated from and where my mother was born. She’s intentionally blown out of proportion, just like every other character I write. It’s a comedy video game and comedy is subjective.
You're welcome to do what you want man, but hoo boy you have no idea how much worse you just made it. Northern Ireland is a different country. One where border tensions have been extremely bad for a very, very long time.
At the end of the day, do what you want, I just felt I had to say what I had to say.
For comparison though, imagine the character is supposedly from Texas, speaks with a Boston accent, and you've just said they're from "Up near Ottawa".

Hoplow73

Dec 10, 2020
Push some buttons on the cool rectangle machine.
It will ask you to input some things that it previously asked you to make sure you remember.
PRAISE GOD FOR YOU MUST HOPE TO BE HAPPY There's a miss-able Happy Scene hidden during this
Have your sound on.
Thank you for your help. I entered PRAISE GOD FOR YOU MUST HOPE TO BE HAPPY and it still said terminal not found.

Sep 16, 2018
Thank you for your help. I entered PRAISE GOD FOR YOU MUST HOPE TO BE HAPPY and it still said terminal not found.
That was a hint for something else.

There's a secret scene (I think trinity 3 but don't recall exactly) where you are explicitly told the IP address you need. The terminal users you have to enter in are also given to you in different scenes but I don't recall exactly where.

Wish I could be more helpful, it's been a while since I played that part. Wish I could give you the user too. I do remember it took me a couple tries to get it and the hidden scene, maybe 2 or 3 usernames.

Good luck.

Edit: Hope you figure it out

Edit edit: Going by the wiki the IP address is in Trinity part 3. I had to copy it into notepad

Last edited:

Hoplow73

Dec 10, 2020
That was a hint for something else.

There's a secret scene (I think trinity 3 but don't recall exactly) where you are explicitly told the IP address you need. The terminal users you have to enter in are also given to you in different scenes but I don't recall exactly where.

Wish I could be more helpful, it's been a while since I played that part. Wish I could give you the user too. I do remember it took me a couple tries to get it and the hidden scene, maybe 2 or 3 usernames.

Good luck.

Edit: Hope you figure it out
Thank you. I got the answer, it's very complicated so I edited my original request for help and added the solutions to the bottom.

Sep 16, 2018
Way to go! I remember how frustrating that section was and that was with 2 weeks of discussion as a guide, can't imagine how annoyed I'd be if I just got to it without any help.

Edit: You should spoiler tag that solution though

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes