fegless

Jun 23, 2017
Lessons in Love [v0.13.0 Part2] [Selebus] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 3.34 GB
Original MAC Size: 3.32 GB

Compressed PC Size: 1.01 GB MEGA
Compressed MAC Size: 0.99 GB MEGA

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.
Thanks for you hard work. Could you do a compressed android port. Pretty please.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
is the cheating netori or ntr?
I think netori is where you do the cheating and ntr is the one where you're being cheated on. Don't quote me on that one, though.
I don't know on this one, I'm normally perfectly calm...
Actually, you normally very defensive of this game, like, VERY. I get it, just poking fun at you.
I specifically told him in no uncertain terms exactly what his issue was and he came back with a 'no, you're wrong' kind of response. Even someone with skin as thick as mine gets testy when someone does something like this with nothing to validate their claim. He literally told me I was wrong when I told him he focused too much on grinding stats yet, out of the two of us, I am the one who has finished all currently released events up to the end of the current patron build with no red events and I am the one who has been around this game the longest between the two of us.
Pretty much everyone told his the same. He's frustrated and just venting. No use getting heated yourself.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
is the cheating netori or ntr?
Netori, there is only one known actual relationship and it is with a side character and a guy who is only ever mentioned, likely a result of the war. This is assuming he's still alive as well, if he is dead, it isn't Netori either because there is no one to steal from.

Can anyone help? I'm having problems installing this game on android. It installs and then the home screen on my phone crashes until I uninstall the game. I can even play the game but when I return to the home screen it crashes until the game is uninstalled. I have the LG v40 on android 10 with 6 gigs of ram and over 80gb of free space.
Thanks.
Thanks for you hard work. Could you do a compressed android port. Pretty please.
It is suggested not to try to install the game through a normal APK method due to the size. Android has a tough time with large files, so it is suggested to use Joiplay on the Windows version to avoid this. Compression is beginning to be of no use as the game is getting too big for compression to matter. It is still years away from completion as it is planned to have multiple routes.

I think netori is where you do the cheating and ntr is the one where you're being cheated on. Don't quote me on that one, though.

Actually, you normally very defensive of this game, like, VERY. I get it, just poking fun at you.

Pretty much everyone told his the same. He's frustrated and just venting. No use getting heated yourself.
Netori is where you're the one taking the girl from a third party.

I'm not typically defensive in the sense we're seeing now, the sense we're seeing now is reserved for unnecessarily negative comments that happen to strike a nerve such as those blaming the game for a player end mistake. I'll defend the game when necessary just as I would any other, but not to a fanatical degree unless someone really gets under my skin, which is not easy.

I'm not getting heated with the other user because he was told, but because he blamed the tracker with implications that I was incorrect with nothing to back that statement up and everything pointing to the reverse. I told him once as I normally would, just trying to be helpful, he told me I was wrong, not directly, but his wording said it for him.

I outright told him he focused too much on grinding, he said it was the tracker's fault when it isn't. It was his for not paying attention when the game outright told him how the days work once you're out of a school period, which is every time period except the third on weekdays and all time periods on weekends.

I outright told him that he had to go to certain places to trigger some events, which is his issue, he just ran into an event that is likely either at a hang out spot on the weekend, at a workplace, or at the dorm. Hopefully he heeds this advice instead of telling me I'm wrong again.

I also recommend he starts over if he isn't at the beach yet, he's already doomed himself to the bad homie path with all that grinding in the case he's not there yet, which I suspect he is not if he couldn't get events that don't just trigger automatically to happen.

(Unlike the previous comment, this one was not actually heated even if it sounds that way)

Drogorn

Jun 24, 2018
I don't think it's really that unlikely that someone from Armagh would identify as Irish over Northern Irish or British (stats say that 50% do) and we all play to our stereotypes when we are in unfamiliar places.

From my experience of living in my little den of republican sedition in the 2000's I can assure you that none of the folk from NI that I know consider themselves British and are very much capable of acting like they're from Gallway and smashing out some Gaelic when they're "on the mainland" (that phrase would really piss them off).

I would also suggest that in Molly's lifetime border tensions have hardly been "extremely bad".
Last thing I say on the matter since clearly most people don't care. "Gaelic" is not Irish. "Gaelic" is Scots. They share roots but are not the same thing. Some people in the North consider themselves "just Irish", but it's way, way less. It's not surprising that you wouldn't know anyone who thinks of themselves as British, as generally NI is very separate from the rest of the UK (and largely ignored by the UK). But they tend to think of themselves as "Northern Irish", as there's a pretty radical divide from the rest of the country.
It probably doesn't matter to you guys, but there was an extremely bloody civil war that ended in the 90s over this. Brexit has a very real chance of restarting the war. There is quite literally a giant section of Belfast that seals off from the rest of the city every night in order to stop people lobbing explosives at "the other guys". The current state of the border is "strained". It is not possible to grow up in any part of Ireland and not know about the Troubles, and the fact that the IRA still exist.

Do what you want, just know that this is exactly what Irish people make fun of Americans who claim to be "irish ancestry" about.

Reactions: rbs305

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
Last thing I say on the matter since clearly most people don't care. "Gaelic" is not Irish. "Gaelic" is Scots. They share roots but are not the same thing. Some people in the North consider themselves "just Irish", but it's way, way less. It's not surprising that you wouldn't know anyone who thinks of themselves as British, as generally NI is very separate from the rest of the UK (and largely ignored by the UK). But they tend to think of themselves as "Northern Irish", as there's a pretty radical divide from the rest of the country.
It probably doesn't matter to you guys, but there was an extremely bloody civil war that ended in the 90s over this. Brexit has a very real chance of restarting the war. There is quite literally a giant section of Belfast that seals off from the rest of the city every night in order to stop people lobbing explosives at "the other guys". The current state of the border is "strained". It is not possible to grow up in any part of Ireland and not know about the Troubles, and the fact that the IRA still exist.

Do what you want, just know that this is exactly what Irish people make fun of Americans who claim to be "irish ancestry" about.
It's not that people don't care. It's that we don't agree with your very pessimistic view of NI.

50% of people in Armagh consider themselves Irish first (as opposed to British or Northern Irish) by the most recent polling data. So I don't accept that your can hand wave this as "some" - this is the majority. And even if it was only "some" I am telling you that my lived experience is that there are people from the North who are card carrying, Murphys drinking, shillelagh toting, souless ginger, Irish nationalists. People who act and sound like the stereotype when they're out on the town.

Republican (majority catholic) Northerners consider themselves Irish - that's the whole damn point of the troubles. If they didn't think of themselves as Irish there would be no need for a damn border poll to be written into the Good Friday Agreement. You need to go visit some Ulster Scots if you don't think anyone up there thinks they're British.

I was in NI in the 90's (I can assure you it is no fun to have to check under your car before every trip because it is English plated and there might be a damn bomb under it). Post Good Friday NI is nothing like it was then. I'd never have goine into the Bogside back then. Kids growing up post '98 are living in a very very different time.

If you want to continue to believe that the IRA are still a thing (outside of some nutters calling themselves some variant of the "real" or "continuation" IRA) you're welcome to do so. But its people who think like that who are holding reconciliation back. Luckily the kids think of themselves as Irish and are willing to move on.

And for the record Gaelic is a pretty common English language term for the language called Gaeilge, Ie the Irish Language.

Tiocfaidh ár lá.

Swift311

Feb 17, 2018
What's the correct way to react to japanese and cyphered messages in happy scenes? Should I go and translate them every time?

Rattenknabbern

Aug 3, 2020
What's the correct way to react to japanese and cyphered messages in happy scenes? Should I go and translate them every time?
It's not required to decode all the hexcodes and japanese text but you can look up the wiki page with the translations

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Probably a typo on the actual character who got the kiss. High likelyhood
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
is another red flag event like Chika was earlier. Need to make a new safety save.
There's no guarantee that it is, we could just be unnecessarily wary because of what happened the last time this situation came up, which was the beach event. That said, it is likely and being wary of the possibility is warranted, just don't get too worked up over it or you'll go in expecting it to happen and, should it not, you will end up disappointed or relieved, which likely depends on whether you like being locked out of potential moments of affection.

Example, I recently went into the latest episode of Redo of Healer fully expecting a brutal revenge rape because of the content of this episode, I was severely disappointed. They showed it to an extent, but not enough to show the true gravity of both the rape that caused the revenge rape and the revenge rape itself.

In other words, prepare for the worst possible scenario Selebus can throw at us, but don't get your hopes too high in case his plans don't include that scenario.

That said, knowing Selebus, he will deliver.

Reactions: anon670-1

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Man, I legit got scared (well, it was a jump scare, but still), though that japanese gibberish, like, good morning is a bit...

And damn I enjoy this game, thanks god I decided to wait until the update, since now I have much more time to enjoy it too =)

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
By the way, is there a reason why birthdays letter "M" is faded in girls "profile"? Chika's, Molly's and Io's birthdays to be exact.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
There's no guarantee that it is, we could just be unnecessarily wary because of what happened the last time this situation came up, which was the beach event. That said, it is likely and being wary of the possibility is warranted, just don't get too worked up over it or you'll go in expecting it to happen and, should it not, you will end up disappointed or relieved, which likely depends on whether you like being locked out of potential moments of affection.
While I agree that the potential is there, the circumstances are very different, and I don't feel it has a high likelihood of having the same severity of reaction. The girl in question is in a very different place than the original situation referenced, and there is no promise beyond one of concealment made. Furthermore, the girl who may have hard feelings has stated other interests as well.

LonDonJohnSon

Feb 14, 2019
Currently regathering the courage to play this game again for the first time in a while. Can't play it as jerkoff material because it's scary as shit sometimes, and can't play it as a horror game because little waifus. It's a cold world we're living in.

Reactions: alex2011 and Ankoku

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
Currently regathering the courage to play this game again for the first time in a while. Can't play it as jerkoff material because it's scary as shit sometimes, and can't play it as a horror game because little waifus. It's a cold world we're living in.
I personally play this game to feel things. What things? I never know when I start a play session.

One session I might laugh my ass off. Another I might cry my eyes out and be pretty damn depressed to the point that I can't sleep that night. Another I might get diabetes from how sweet it is. But that's kinda the appeal to me. The writing is good enough that I'm probably gonna feel something, and I'm (probably) gonna enjoy it.

Haven't been a whole lot of scary scenes recently though. Honestly, after the first couple HAPPY events, there really isn't that much traditional horror in the game. It's more wondering WTF is really going on and worrying for the girls. At least to me. Horror is very subjective.

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
By the way, is there a reason why birthdays letter "M" is faded in girls "profile"? Chika's, Molly's and Io's birthdays to be exact.
Looks like a glitch? I don't know why it's even doing that. Here's the code for Chika's birthday:
Python:
text ("{color=#AF7F00}Birthday: May 9th{/color}") style "profile"
And the code for style "profile":
Python:
style profile:
    size 55
    #font "yugothm.ttc"
    font "hellowins.ttf"
    outlines [ (absolute(2), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0)) ]
Note that the first font choice "yugothm.ttc" is commented out, so shouldn't do anything.

As far as I can tell, there isn't any reason the M should appear different from the other letters. Especially compared to the other girls' profiles, since it's the same code. Here's Makoto:
Python:
text ("{color=#3c55fa}Birthday: December 9th{/color}") style "profile"
Only thing different are the color code (which is perfectly normal and valid) and the month/day being displayed (which shouldn't change anything).

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: alex2011

Kismaz

Jun 17, 2020
For the cyphered messages you should use a hexadecimal decoder. As for the japanese texts, i cannot help you.
~And because it seems that i missread your comment, translate the aformentioned texts to your heart's content.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon670-1

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
While I agree that the potential is there, the circumstances are very different, and I don't feel it has a high likelihood of having the same severity of reaction. The girl in question is in a very different place than the original situation referenced, and there is no promise beyond one of concealment made. Furthermore, the girl who may have hard feelings has stated other interests as well.
Oh no, don't be fooled, this is a Denpa game and this is the dark path of the game, so it will likely be the worst possible outcome. We have no idea how long she has felt this way, which was why the other was so severe, because the feelings had been building for years. It could actually be worse than the last time, not by much, of course, given they would need to be older for that to work, but a few more years is all it takes to make a potential problem exponentially worse.

She won't go into near suicidal depression, of course, only one character has that issue, but she could very well take it out on player Sensei and it WILL NOT be pretty if and when she does assuming she ever even realizes he's involved with the other girl and that the other girl doesn't like her, which can be taken as being due to player Sensei's influence just like the previous iteration of the scenario we may be getting ready to see unfold.

Of course, keep in mind that these are all theories at this point based on what little is known and things can and probably will change between now and when the time comes to find out.

At least it isn't Ami, the thought of that scares me given her reactions to just having other girls over to see player Sensei at all.

I personally play this game to feel things. What things? I never know when I start a play session.

One session I might laugh my ass off. Another I might cry my eyes out and be pretty damn depressed to the point that I can't sleep that night. Another I might get diabetes from how sweet it is. But that's kinda the appeal to me. The writing is good enough that I'm probably gonna feel something, and I'm (probably) gonna enjoy it.

Haven't been a whole lot of scary scenes recently though. Honestly, after the first couple HAPPY events, there really isn't that much traditional horror in the game. It's more wondering WTF is really going on and worrying for the girls. At least to me. Horror is very subjective.
Three things happened in my 0.13.0 part 2 run.

I laughed at the intense built in advertising in the one event for a certain mobile game, totally didn't expect to see that happen and it was hilarious just how much Selebus and the characters involved were getting into hard sell.

I felt an incredible level of happiness in my final event of the build, Rin's final event, because not only have I been awaiting the day that finally came, but it was the most satisfying moment in LiL history in how it was portrayed.

But then the third thing, I felt my heart break because I knew that happiness had come with an imminent and very high cost, but I swear that sacrifice will not be in vain.

Looks like a glitch? I don't know why it's even doing that. Here's the code for Chika's birthday:
Python:
text ("{color=#AF7F00}Birthday: May 9th{/color}") style "profile"
And the code for style "profile":
Python:
style profile:
    size 55
    #font "yugothm.ttc"
    font "hellowins.ttf"
    outlines [ (absolute(2), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0)) ]
Note that the first font choice "yugothm.ttc" is commented out, so shouldn't do anything.

As far as I can tell, there isn't any reason the M should appear different from the other letters. Especially compared to the other girls' profiles, since it's the same code. Here's Makoto:
Python:
text ("{color=#3c55fa}Birthday: December 9th{/color}") style "profile"
Only thing different are the color code (which is perfectly normal and valid) and the month/day being displayed (which shouldn't change anything).
How odd, it looks just fine according to my general coding knowledge, but maybe someone with more Python oriented knowledge can spot the issue. I do not see any reason it should be doing that, either.

Reactions: Ankoku and Kismaz

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Oh no, don't be fooled, this is a Denpa game and this is the dark path of the game, so it will likely be the worst possible outcome. We have no idea how long she has felt this way, which was why the other was so severe, because the feelings had been building for years. It could actually be worse than the last time, not by much, of course, given they would need to be older for that to work, but a few more years is all it takes to make a potential problem exponentially worse.
They are very different characters, and there have been other things that have happened that could have had worse outcomes but didn't. We'll have to agree to disagree, here.

To be clear, I'm not saying it's not possible - Selebus likes to keep everyone guessing, after all. It just seems like the chances of ruining your relationship is significantly slimmer here to me.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes