clax

May 5, 2020
Disclaimer at the start says they're all 18+. However, it's somewhat of a running gag in the game that any time anyone is about to mention their age (including the MC, who is definitely 20+), they get cut off. (except chinami, who's a 5,000 year old wizard who it's been confirmed there will be no official sex scenes with her)

2nd however, there's some weird ass time loop shit happening in the game so it's basically impossible to tell how old any of the characters really are. They could all be 5,000 years old for all we know right now.
The download says part two? Does it include part 1 as well or did they just name it weird?

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
The download says part two? Does it include part 1 as well or did they just name it weird?
It's just a weird versioning name. The download links in the OP are to the full game. No need to download a part 1.

You will not be disappointed with the story. This game has amazing writing.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Has there been any new events for Miku? I nearly forgot about this one.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No, not for a few updates now. She'll get more in time.

Nah, I changed it to this, because even though Rin was close to breaking down that day, she was so damn adorable!

Of course, I could've gone with this one, but yeah... no:
View attachment 1043519
That smile just has this creepy vibe to it, probably because of what is going on when she uses it. Still, I don't like it one bit and prefer her normal, non-depressed self smiling.

Reactions: anon670-1
Nov 21, 2020
No, not for a few updates now. She'll get more in time.

That smile just has this creepy vibe to it, probably because of what is going on when she uses it. Still, I don't like it one bit and prefer her normal, non-depressed self smiling.
Eh, the smile doesn't really seem creepy to me. It feels more like she's forcing a smile to appear okay when she clearly isn't. She doesn't want Sensei to worry, so she throws on a fake smile to reassure him but given what's going on and the state of her appearance, it's clearly fake and doesn't match how she truly feels.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Eh, the smile doesn't really seem creepy to me. It feels more like she's forcing a smile to appear okay when she clearly isn't. She doesn't want Sensei to worry, so she throws on a fake smile to reassure him but given what's going on and the state of her appearance, it's clearly fake and doesn't match how she truly feels.
It's mostly the eyes that do it plus the situation. I would suggest watching her "Delirium" event for the full effect. When she has that look, she isn't in her normal state of mind, which causes one to worry for her well being, even her safety if she were to be left alone. While she is indeed trying to avoid worrying people, though it's a little late for that in the events this specialized model of her appears in, she ends up making them worry more, the opposite of her intention. I'm not even sure she was emotionally capable of trying to avoid worrying others during "Delirium" specifically.

Apr 19, 2020
I think when I replay this in a few months time, I'll only pick 2 or 3 of the girls, or maybe even just one. Like Rin and Uta. Choosing to have a harem leads to complications. So I'll try out a loyalty campaign. Maya is my dream waifu though. I'd ignore every other girl for Maya

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
I think when I replay this in a few months time, I'll only pick 2 or 3 of the girls, or maybe even just one. Like Rin and Uta. Choosing to have a harem leads to complications. So I'll try out a loyalty campaign. Maya is my dream waifu though. I'd ignore every other girl for Maya
have fun being stuck before the first reset I guess

Reactions: Eidam and alex2011

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
No I'll play their stories just I won't f*ck them or anything else, so rin/chika situations won't happen
Ah, I see. Though iirc, the only people where you get a choice are with Ami and Haruka... and the Rin/Chika situation is mitigatable through event ordering (avoiding triggering shadenfraude before the beach event)

Reactions: alex2011
Nov 21, 2020
It's mostly the eyes that do it plus the situation. I would suggest watching her "Delirium" event for the full effect. When she has that look, she isn't in her normal state of mind, which causes one to worry for her well being, even her safety if she were to be left alone. While she is indeed trying to avoid worrying people, though it's a little late for that in the events this specialized model of her appears in, she ends up making them worry more, the opposite of her intention. I'm not even sure she was emotionally capable of trying to avoid worrying others during "Delirium" specifically.
Oh, definitely, it's worrying seeing her like that. The context doesn't register as creepy for me though. I definitely feel concerned for her well-being though. Rin's depressive episodes show a great contrast to the casual demeanor she outwardly portrays which leads me to wonder which is the real Rin. Is she really this chill girl or is that a face she puts on to convince herself and others that everything is alright?

And I agree she was in a completely different frame of mind during Delirium and wasn't smiling to reassure those around her. That I think was more her being so exhausted and out of it that her brain was just kind of running on a malfunctioning auto-pilot, hence flashing Sensei and being generally concerning. I'd say her state during Delirium compares to Makoto's state after Bluejay and the second reset. They're not necessarily one-to-one comparisons, but after Bluejay, Makoto is also exhausted, depressed, and delirious, and she carries a very similar smile, especially at her locker.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Rin's depressive episodes show a great contrast to the casual demeanor she outwardly portrays which leads me to wonder which is the real Rin. Is she really this chill girl or is that a face she puts on to convince herself and others that everything is alright?
They're both the real Rin, she's probably bipolar. If you ask her which she wants to be, though, she'd probably tell you the chill and cheerful one.

Swift311

Feb 17, 2018
I didn't kiss Chika when there was "=) =(" options. But now it looks like I don't have any new event besides kissing in room event with Chika. Can I play it of it will hurt Rin?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Not a good idea, there are times when a character you didn't choose will be necessary to move on. By choosing only one or two, you guarantee you will get stuck at a point that depends on which girls are chosen. This is one of the most common issues with people getting stuck second only to people not having 'happy' scenes done. A few months will not change that, you'll have to wait a year at least as that will likely not be a good idea at any point on the route we're on. Your best bet is to wait until the 'purity routes' are implemented as those are supposedly going to be single girl capable, but this is the 'dark route,' which is not.

No I'll play their stories just I won't f*ck them or anything else, so rin/chika situations won't happen
The Rin/Chika thing is not a lust event, it is part of their story events. The only way to avoid it is to hold off on the character after a certain point entirely until after a certain point in the main story.

Oh, definitely, it's worrying seeing her like that. The context doesn't register as creepy for me though. I definitely feel concerned for her well-being though. Rin's depressive episodes show a great contrast to the casual demeanor she outwardly portrays which leads me to wonder which is the real Rin. Is she really this chill girl or is that a face she puts on to convince herself and others that everything is alright?

And I agree she was in a completely different frame of mind during Delirium and wasn't smiling to reassure those around her. That I think was more her being so exhausted and out of it that her brain was just kind of running on a malfunctioning auto-pilot, hence flashing Sensei and being generally concerning. I'd say her state during Delirium compares to Makoto's state after Bluejay and the second reset. They're not necessarily one-to-one comparisons, but after Bluejay, Makoto is also exhausted, depressed, and delirious, and she carries a very similar smile, especially at her locker.
They are both the real Rin, but one is the real her under the effects of a great emotional pain that has yet to be disclosed. Depression doesn't just pop up at random, there's always an underlying cause and it is often an outside influence even if it isn't apparent.

She is definitely trying to act normal to avoid worrying the people around her, but she was likely the way she presents herself normally before depression set in. What we see when she tries to act normal is the way she really was when not depressed. The real trick is figuring out when that mess started for her and it sounds like it has been going on for years.

Yeah, Makoto's smile also had the creepy vibe going. It is that 'out of it' part that makes it creepy. It's fine when they actually do it of their own accord, not instinctively, but being as out of it as they were was the creepy part.

They're both the real Rin, she's probably bipolar. If you ask her which she wants to be, though, she'd probably tell you the chill and cheerful one.
I'm not so sure about being bipolar, this seems more like she's dealing with a past event that still haunts her, an intense emotional trauma. There is no indication of it and you would think someone like Futaba, as caring and almost motherly as she is, would realize something like that if she saw it, which means we would likely know about it by now as well. Of course she would want to be the cheerful her that comes out when she isn't in depressed episode, typical Rin. Of course, anyone would rather be a cheerful version of themself rather than so depressed they may not even know what is going on around them.

I didn't kiss Chika when there was "=) =(" options. But now it looks like I don't have any new event besides kissing in room event with Chika. Can I play it of it will hurt Rin?
The only way to hurt Rin is to do "Schadenfreude" before the beach event. After that, anything you do with Chika is safe. That said, I don't remember a kiss, but my mind is still focused on a scene from the current patron build, so I likely just pushed it aside in my head to focus on that subconsciously.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
The only way to hurt Rin is to do "Schadenfreude" before the beach event. After that, anything you do with Chika is safe. That said, I don't remember a kiss, but my mind is still focused on a scene from the current patron build, so I likely just pushed it aside in my head to focus on that subconsciously.
They're talking about the kiss you can have with chika when she takes you to the other half of the town for the first time (before asking you to leave for at the time unspecified reasons (she's probably going to look after chinami))

Nov 21, 2020
Yeah, something like this is probably the answer. Things in real life are rarely either one or the other and the game's writing has shown to portray people in a more realistic way than most.

Last edited:

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I'm not so sure about being bipolar, this seems more like she's dealing with a past event that still haunts her, an intense emotional trauma. There is no indication of it and you would think someone like Futaba, as caring and almost motherly as she is, would realize something like that if she saw it, which means we would likely know about it by now as well. Of course she would want to be the cheerful her that comes out when she isn't in depressed episode, typical Rin. Of course, anyone would rather be a cheerful version of themself rather than so depressed they may not even know what is going on around them.
Pretty sure there's a reference to medication and there's her appointment, which may have been with a therapist

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
They're talking about the kiss you can have with chika when she takes you to the other half of the town for the first time (before asking you to leave for at the time unspecified reasons (she's probably going to look after chinami))
I see, though I distinctly remember that not happening before the beach event, which is the only current point with consequences. The beach event directly involved Rin, that other scene does not. Also, taking into account Rin's current story after the beach, consequences for involvement with Chika are unlikely for any event after the beach.

Pretty sure there's a reference to medication and there's her appointment, which may have been with a therapist
Antidepressants are a medication used outside of bipolar disorder for depression and many other issues. I'm on them IRL for insomnia as they are supposed to have a sedative effect that can help one sleep without going into full blown sedatives, which can be dangerous to the user without medical supervision and proper knowledge of how to use them.

Therapy after an incident that leaves mental/emotional trauma is also not uncommon, especially if that trauma leads to depression. In fact, therapy is one of the first steps to proper treatment of depression, bipolar disorder present or not.

It is also often a step avoided by those who suffer from depression for reasons like the ones Rin uses as justification to herself to act normal when she is clearly suffering instead of seeking the help of those around her. If not for her foster parents, Rin might not have been alive in the game because they forced her into therapy for her own good, something she is admittedly grateful to them for.

Depression is one of the major causes of suicide with those who go that far often refusing to seek help for some personal reason like not wanting people to worry, not wanting people to dislike them, not wanting to be treated differently, stuff like that.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I see, though I distinctly remember that not happening before the beach event, which is the only current point with consequences. The beach event directly involved Rin, that other scene does not. Also, taking into account Rin's current story after the beach, consequences for involvement with Chika are unlikely for any event after the beach.

Antidepressants are a medication used outside of bipolar disorder for depression and many other issues. I'm on them IRL for insomnia as they are supposed to have a sedative effect that can help one sleep without going into full blown sedatives, which can be dangerous to the user without medical supervision and proper knowledge of how to use them.

Therapy after an incident that leaves mental/emotional trauma is also not uncommon, especially if that trauma leads to depression. In fact, therapy is one of the first steps to proper treatment of depression, bipolar disorder present or not.

It is also often a step avoided by those who suffer from depression for reasons like the ones Rin uses as justification to herself to act normal when she is clearly suffering instead of seeking the help of those around her. If not for her foster parents, Rin might not have been alive in the game because they forced her into therapy for her own good, something she is admittedly grateful to them for.

Depression is one of the major causes of suicide with those who go that far often refusing to seek help for some personal reason like not wanting people to worry, not wanting people to dislike them, not wanting to be treated differently, stuff like that.
I'm not saying it's the only possible answer, just saying that it's a possibility, and the way she goes from having lots of energy to being depressed and insomniac also made me think of it. I'm sure there's a ton of things it could be, some of which I've probably never heard of.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes