Swift311

Feb 17, 2018
I don't really feel bad about Rin situation at beach if you finger Chika before the event. Her situation is very bad but nobody is obligated to change his life decisions because of a mentaly ill person. I don't blame her for being week and not being able to comprehend a reality where Chika just want's to go out with Senpai but that's just a symptom of a dicease and she shoud've sought for help or some of her relatives/friends shoud've told her to get help. If none of that happened, then that's really sad but still not my problem, shit happens.

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
I don't really feel bad about Rin situation at beach if you finger Chika before the event. Her situation is very bad but nobody is obligated to change his life decisions because of a mentaly ill person. I don't blame her for being week and not being able to comprehend a reality where Chika just want's to go out with Senpai but that's just a symptom of a dicease and she shoud've sought for help or some of her relatives/friends shoud've told her to get help. If none of that happened, then that's really sad but still not my problem, shit happens.
Her issue isn't so much that Chika is into you, it's that she told you she was into Chika and you went and lewded her anyway. It's the fact that you ignored her feelings to do what you wanted regardless. Which does, in fact, make you a shitty friend, mental health issues or no.

Swift311

Feb 17, 2018
Her issue isn't so much that Chika is into you, it's that she told you she was into Chika and you went and lewded her anyway. It's the fact that you ignored her feelings to do what you wanted regardless. Which does, in fact, make you a shitty friend, mental health issues or no.
But Chika is into me and I want her. In this situation there is no perfect solution, so it's rational to just get what's best for me. If she's into Chika that's doesn't mean Chika belongs to her now or I should be concernced about it. Her life situation is pretty sad but it's wrong to lose something you want just because of a feel of pity to a mentaly ill person.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
But Chika is into me and I want her. In this situation there is no perfect solution, so it's rationan to just get what's best for me. If she's into Chika that's doesn't mean Chika belongs to her now or I should be concernced about it. Her life situation is pretty sad but it's wrong to lose something you want just because of a feel of pity to a mentaly ill person.
And it's perfectly rational for her to be pretty fucking upset that you broke a promise to her, that's what she's upset about, not the fact that you and chika are together. She even says as much.

Apr 19, 2020
I sympathise with her. She is so happy with other people, and yet with such concerning problems on the inside. I think breaking her trust while she gets her heart broken is pretty grim. Luckily I didn't betray her but I didn't know it could happen as I was playing so I'm glad I didn't go against her, she is one of the sweeter and kinder characters

Edorath

Jul 14, 2017
kinda feel bad that if you went for chika first and then rin you still get called a bad homie even if you quite literally didn't know at the time ngl

Reactions: anon670-1

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Well, I only said that this situation was likely made with a purpose to show results of your decisions and make you feel bad about it but Senpai actually did nothing wrong.
First thing: Sensei (teacher) not Senpai (upperclassman/senior)

And yeah, Sensei does do something wrong regardless of the ordering here: if you do shadenfraude before Rin tells you about her crush and makes you promise not to do anything to Chika then Sensei lies to her when he makes that promise. If you do shadenfraude after the promise then you're breaking the promise. Either way you're betraying Rin's trust after you know she's vulnerable in that way. It's like complaining that you did nothing wrong when your hands are covered in paint after touching a wall that had a "wet paint" sign on it, sure touching walls isn't inherently wrong, but the context in which you are performing said actions means you're fucking up.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
kinda feel bad that if you went for chika first and then rin you still get called a bad homie even if you quite literally didn't know at the time ngl
Sensei is a bad homie in this case cos he makes a promise despite already knowing he's broken it

Swift311

Feb 17, 2018

And yeah, Sensei does do something wrong regardless of the ordering here: if you do shadenfraude before Rin tells you about her crush and makes you promise not to do anything to Chika then Sensei lies to her when he makes that promise. If you do shadenfraude after the promise then you're breaking the promise. Either way you're betraying Rin's trust after you know she's vulnerable in that way. It's like complaining that you did nothing wrong when your hands are covered in paint after touching a wall that had a "wet paint" sign on it, sure touching walls isn't inherently wrong, but the context in which you are performing said actions means you're fucking up.
"Promise" is actually a pretty selfish thing and forcing someone to give one is selfish either. At the moment Rin asked me about it I didn't have a chance to fully think about it AND it was impossible to consider everything that CAN happen with me and Chika. So Sensei was only wrong about giving the promise but Rin was also really wrong to ask for a promise and fully rely on it.

g6107419

Nov 25, 2018
This is an event many people find difficult to trigger. Go to the dorms and choose the "Go Home" option. If you haven't seen the event that happens immediately after you choose that, then that's probably what's been preventing you from progressing.
This was exactly my problem, I guess I didn't pick all the options that I thought I did - many many thanks

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Guys, who are "dangerous" to complete? (meaning, they will lock you out of content if grind them past some point)
Or is it better to ask who is safe? Not in "I will grind her affection to 100!" but until all her events completed =)

Daddy4u

Apr 18, 2019
You basically need every event from chapter 1 complete for all of the girls. You also need all of the Happy Events all the way up to Happy Event X complete. Here is the event wiki link so you can check your progress:
This is all well and good, but there's nothing that says this is how you kick event x off. Such as on a Saturday go to mikoto in dorm and select missionary sex, or on a Monday go to wherever. At least not that I have seen. for instance I'm trying to kick off semblance of a soul it says it's part of the Christmas chain of events but I don't see anywhere on how to kick off the Christmas chain of events. Like I said go talk to x and do x on a day at x time. Sorry I'm incredibly frustrated since I'm on day 700 something and nothing has occurred for 300 days even though I'm pretty sure I've tried everything.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Guys, who are "dangerous" to complete? (meaning, they will lock you out of content if grind them past some point)
Or is it better to ask who is safe? Not in "I will grind her affection to 100!" but until all her events completed =)
At the moment, just Chika has any confirmed negative concequences for pushing her events too soon (before the whole-class beach event) but as a general piece of advice, you should aim for 10-15 lust for each character when you unlock that stat

Sep 16, 2018
Currently just Chika (and only before the beach), but it's pretty likely that a few girls will eventually have locks like this (also possibly using cheats). Maya's already warned us about doing anything with Ami, and there have been references to Sana hearing what we're doing with Sara. It's pretty much guaranteed to not be an isolated incident in the game, so it's probably a good idea to keep multiple saves.

Nov 21, 2020
This is all well and good, but there's nothing that says this is how you kick event x off. Such as on a Saturday go to mikoto in dorm and select missionary sex, or on a Monday go to wherever. At least not that I have seen. for instance I'm trying to kick off semblance of a soul it says it's part of the Christmas chain of events but I don't see anywhere on how to kick off the Christmas chain of events. Like I said go talk to x and do x on a day at x time. Sorry I'm incredibly frustrated since I'm on day 700 something and nothing has occurred for 300 days even though I'm pretty sure I've tried everything.
Okay, from the sound of it, you're currently stuck on "There is Nothing" under the Main Events category. Trying to go through the events on the wiki can be a bit of a rabbit hole, but you can eventually figure out what you need to do to complete each one. Go ahead and set "Semblance of a Soul" aside for now. This event auto-triggers at 10 lust after you have completed the Christmas events. The way you can find this information (at least on a desktop browser like Chrome), is spread across a couple different sections on the Event's wiki page.

1. There is a box near the top right of every event's wiki page that lists the info and technical info of each event. Under the technical information section, you'll find the event's requirements (in the case of "Semblance of a Soul", the requirements are Makoto 10 Lust and having already seen "Fireworks, Chicken, and the Innate Fear of Death" which is the last Christmas Event.
  2. A little further down the page is the Criteria section which lists how you can get (aka activate) the event and how you can miss the event (Here, it is stated that "Semblance of a Soul" triggers automatically on a weekday if the requirements are met and that missing the event is not possible).
Without an upload of your save or more information on what events you're missing for all the girls, it's hard to know exactly what you need to trigger "There is Nothing" to finish chapter 1 and start the Christmas events. The way I go about checking my save is by going to the page of the event I'm stuck on, checking I meet the requirements, and then checking I meet the parts under the "To Get This Event" subsection.

For "There is Nothing", you need to make sure that you have the event listed under the "To Get This Event" subsection for each girl complete, as well as every event before it. You can quickly do this by going into each girls' page in-game, pulling up their event list, finding their corresponding event listed in "There is Nothing", and making sure that event and every event prior is either green with a checkmark next to it or red with a line through it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
A person SHOULD feel obligated to uphold a promise they make, though, which is the difference between a good homie and a bad homie in this case. She is already in therapy for her depression, by the way. Also, it's Sensei, not Senpai, those are very different terms. The MC is her teacher, not an upperclassman or a person with more seniority at her job.

Exactly

But Chika is into me and I want her. In this situation there is no perfect solution, so it's rational to just get what's best for me. If she's into Chika that's doesn't mean Chika belongs to her now or I should be concernced about it. Her life situation is pretty sad but it's wrong to lose something you want just because of a feel of pity to a mentaly ill person.
Irrelevant, player Sensei still went after Chika and lewded her behind Rin's back after saying he would not. It isn't that Chika didn't accept Rin's feelings, it's what player Sensei did to Chika behind Rin's back.

And it's perfectly rational for her to be pretty fucking upset that you broke a promise to her, that's what she's upset about, not the fact that you and chika are together. She even says as much.
Another nail on the head.

Well, I only said that this situation was likely made with a purpose to show results of your decisions and make you feel bad about it but Senpai actually did nothing wrong.
Except breaking a promise, which is a pretty high level of wrongdoing, not totally evil, but not a good thing to do.

I sympathise with her. She is so happy with other people, and yet with such concerning problems on the inside. I think breaking her trust while she gets her heart broken is pretty grim. Luckily I didn't betray her but I didn't know it could happen as I was playing so I'm glad I didn't go against her, she is one of the sweeter and kinder characters
Indeed, this could have gone much worse given the type of illness she has could have been deadly under the right, or should I say wrong, circumstances.

I did betray her, but not willingly. Had I known of what would happen before I went after Chika at the point I did, I would not have gone after Chika at that point any further than necessary to proceed.

However, as I am one of the veteran players who have been around since before the beach event was added, I had already done what I was supposed to wait to do, which left me no choice but to betray.

It had already been done beyond any chance to reverse my decisions before I even knew what it would do.

That's the point, it's supposed to make you feel that way.

Exactly, it's basically the choice between a lie and another lie. You either lie that you will stay away and do it anyway or you lie that you will stay away and have already done it.

Honestly, between those two, I would say lying after the deed is done is worse because you are promising something that Rin couldn't get even if you avoid Chika after promising.

Because it is already done, there is no chance for Rin to have, unlike doing things after promising.

Sensei is a bad homie in this case cos he makes a promise despite already knowing he's broken it
Yep

"Promise" is actually a pretty selfish thing and forcing someone to give one is selfish either. At the moment Rin asked me about it I didn't have a chance to fully think about it AND it was impossible to consider everything that CAN happen with me and Chika. So Sensei was only wrong about giving the promise but Rin was also really wrong to ask for a promise and fully rely on it.
Love itself is selfish in nature. She trusted player Sensei, he betrayed that trust. Promises are made on a sort of honor system, you say you will do something and you are expected to do it lest you dishonor the promise made.

Also, with her condition, it likely would have meant just sending her into a depressed state then and there instead of at the beach. It was still a terrible thing to do as, by that point, he already knew what danger her condition puts her in.

Well we all know how rational teenagers are about this stuff.

You can feel however you want about whether or not sensei was in the wrong, she's still going to be pissed off about it.
Indeed, I'm dealing with one IRL now and she is the furthest thing from rational in certain situations, granted some of the issue is the current IRL school situation in my area and her lack of contact with friends because of it, so online is the only outlet she has and she gets real pissy when that outlet is removed for any length of time. Most adults would not get that way about the situation because they have developed the ability to think rationally to at least some extent.

Rin isn't quite that old yet, so she also has this quality to her as does every other student character or characters who are at that age or younger and are not students like Chinami. Even the motherly Futaba could get this way under certain circumstances, likely including this situation if she were in Rin's shoes.

As long as you are passed the beach event, all characters are safe for now, just don't do "Schadenfreude" with Chika before the beach. Luckily, you actually have to go to the event location for that one, so it will not trigger automatically and you are safe to grind her to that level of affection or higher, just don't go to where it triggers. However, having said that, it would be much easier just to avoid grinding Chika to the required affection until the beach event is over.

Currently just Chika (and only before the beach), but it's pretty likely that a few girls will eventually have locks like this (also possibly using cheats). Maya's already warned us about doing anything with Ami, and there have been references to Sana hearing what we're doing with Sara. It's pretty much guaranteed to not be an isolated incident in the game, so it's probably a good idea to keep multiple saves.
Oh no, that was most definitely not a one and done scenario, there WILL be more lockouts, but when and with who is the real question. I would be wary of anyone whose events mention anything like another character hearing something, Sana, another character warning you, Maya, or another character actually walking in on you, Kirin/Ayane.

I'm pretty sure Sana and Maya will get a lockout based around Sara and Ami respectively that will alternate based on a choice given by Maya/Ami or Sara/Sana, but the Ayane event at the beach has me worried as well. Either one of them is going to end up hurt or dead or you will end up in a one or the other decision there as well, but I can't tell who is going to be locked out for sure, probably whichever you don't choose.

Maybe this will be a point where we see dual lockouts via a third decision, choosing neither.

Apr 19, 2020
A person SHOULD feel obligated to uphold a promise they make, though, which is the difference between a good homie and a bad homie in this case. She is already in therapy for her depression, by the way. Also, it's Sensei, not Senpai, those are very different terms. The MC is her teacher, not an upperclassman or a person with more seniority at her job.

Exactly

Irrelevant, player Sensei still went after Chika and lewded her behind Rin's back after saying he would not. It isn't that Chika didn't accept Rin's feelings, it's what player Sensei did to Chika behind Rin's back.

Another nail on the head.

Except breaking a promise, which is a pretty high level of wrongdoing, not totally evil, but not a good thing to do.

Indeed, this could have gone much worse given the type of illness she has could have been deadly under the right, or should I say wrong, circumstances.

I did betray her, but not willingly. Had I known of what would happen before I went after Chika at the point I did, I would not have gone after Chika at that point any further than necessary to proceed.

However, as I am one of the veteran players who have been around since before the beach event was added, I had already done what I was supposed to wait to do, which left me no choice but to betray.

It had already been done beyond any chance to reverse my decisions before I even knew what it would do.

That's the point, it's supposed to make you feel that way.

Exactly, it's basically the choice between a lie and another lie. You either lie that you will stay away and do it anyway or you lie that you will stay away and have already done it.

Honestly, between those two, I would say lying after the deed is done is worse because you are promising something that Rin couldn't get even if you avoid Chika after promising.

Because it is already done, there is no chance for Rin to have, unlike doing things after promising.

Yep

Love itself is selfish in nature. She trusted player Sensei, he betrayed that trust. Promises are made on a sort of honor system, you say you will do something and you are expected to do it lest you dishonor the promise made.

Also, with her condition, it likely would have meant just sending her into a depressed state then and there instead of at the beach. It was still a terrible thing to do as, by that point, he already knew what danger her condition puts her in.

Indeed, I'm dealing with one IRL now and she is the furthest thing from rational in certain situations, granted some of the issue is the current IRL school situation in my area and her lack of contact with friends because of it, so online is the only outlet she has and she gets real pissy when that outlet is removed for any length of time. Most adults would not get that way about the situation because they have developed the ability to think rationally to at least some extent.

Rin isn't quite that old yet, so she also has this quality to her as does every other student character or characters who are at that age or younger and are not students like Chinami. Even the motherly Futaba could get this way under certain circumstances, likely including this situation if she were in Rin's shoes.

As long as you are passed the beach event, all characters are safe for now, just don't do "Schadenfreude" with Chika before the beach. Luckily, you actually have to go to the event location for that one, so it will not trigger automatically and you are safe to grind her to that level of affection or higher, just don't go to where it triggers. However, having said that, it would be much easier just to avoid grinding Chika to the required affection until the beach event is over.

Oh no, that was most definitely not a one and done scenario, there WILL be more lockouts, but when and with who is the real question. I would be wary of anyone whose events mention anything like another character hearing something, Sana, another character warning you, Maya, or another character actually walking in on you, Kirin/Ayane.

I'm pretty sure Sana and Maya will get a lockout based around Sara and Ami respectively that will alternate based on a choice given by Maya/Ami or Sara/Sana, but the Ayane event at the beach has me worried as well. Either one of them is going to end up hurt or dead or you will end up in a one or the other decision there as well, but I can't tell who is going to be locked out for sure, probably whichever you don't choose.

Maybe this will be a point where we see dual lockouts via a third decision, choosing neither.
I think I'm gonna save myself for Maya tbh but I'm guessing that's a far way off so I'll wait a little bit to play again. Or else I'd choose Rin/Uta/Sana and not go into lust with anyone else

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
Which would be reasonable if Rin was just some random stranger. But given your friendship with her, there's a certain obligation not to consciously betray their trust. The right thing to do would be to confess your feelings for Chika to Rin first before pursuing her, but the game doesn't give you that option because (surprise, surprise) Sensei is not a very considerate friend overall.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes