BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Okay, a lot of theories emerged here. I read all your posts guys, but I have trouble understanding some things. This might be because I am still at chapter 1, just after the beach event. But I do not mind spoilers, in fact, I am always curious about them. So, can anyone summarize what is exactly going on?
One or two pages back i started about those theories while i dont know if someone did earlier. Just follow my and
El_Zane_123 spoiler tagged conversations for a catchup.
As for me im close to the end of 13.0 p2 after the christmas event chain. First Uta in school event to be exact.

Last edited:

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Okay, a lot of theories emerged here. I read all your posts guys, but I have trouble understanding some things. This might be because I am still at chapter 1, just after the beach event. But I do not mind spoilers, in fact, I am always curious about them. So, can anyone summarize what is exactly going on?
Well, nobody knows for certain. Some people seem to think they're in some form of purgatory, or a dream, or simulation. Or maybe, they're just in a visual novel and they realise it within the game itself.
Maybe that's what the reset is: Each time the world 'resets', it's just the same player restarting the game again after finishing it. Maybe that would explain why when Sensei dies, he comes back to life in another body, because the real life player started the game again, so it could be that they're trapped within a futuristic life simulator game. And then people are 'reset' and change because it could be an actual new player playing that character in the 'real life' world.
That's partly what I think
But there is a lot of the story to go, and nobody knows for sure what is happening, and we have no idea what will happen. That's what makes it so interesting

Reactions: BlackDays

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Well, nobody knows for certain. Some people seem to think they're in some form of purgatory, or a dream, or simulation. Or maybe, they're just in a visual novel and they realise it within the game itself.
Maybe that's what the reset is: Each time the world 'resets', it's just the same player restarting the game again after finishing it. Maybe that would explain why when Sensei dies, he comes back to life in another body, because the real life player started the game again, so it could be that they're trapped within a futuristic life simulator game. And then people are 'reset' and change because it could be an actual new player playing that character in the 'real life' world.
That's partly what I think
But there is a lot of the story to go, and nobody knows for sure what is happening, and we have no idea what will happen. That's what makes it so interesting
"Each time the world 'resets', it's just the same player restarting the game again after finishing it" (or a new update is available) .

Good take on it. Another theory that adds up to it all. And it makes sense given how a "certain someone"™ breaks the 4th wall. I might even go so far as to call it the break of the (4th wall)² :cool:.

Last edited:
Reactions: LooLoo Baloo

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Selebus Just got caught up with the latest patron build no thanks to some IRL stuff getting in the way of my normal 'play it as soon as I get the notification' schedule for this game. This one stung on multiple girls in the most unpleasant way possible, but it had incredible happy moments as well. Things are already starting to come together and, because it isn't public yet, all I'll really say is that I'm both happy I guessed right on some aspects and terrified at what they might mean in the future. My least favorite character has truly redeemed herself in my eyes now through conversations with her mother and I now never want to see the look on a certain (nearly) emotionless girl's face during her dorm events again. That terror I felt, that sinking feeling as I stared into those terrified, teary eyes of hers, was one of the most dreadful emotional experiences I've ever had, but the scariest part? That dread is a good thing, I should have felt that at that moment. Incredible update, can't wait for the rest of you to experience it yourselves when it goes public.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Good take on it. Another theory that adds up to it all. And it makes sense given how a "certain someone"™ breaks the 4th wall. I might even go so far as to call it the break of the (4th wall)² :cool:.
Well, thing is, a lot of characters break the 4th wall and it's hard to know when it's "serious" and when it's tongue in cheek.
I think that before coming up with the big picture, it's important to have solid answers to smaller questions.
Is MC randomly isekai'd person, like he seems to think? Not likely. Maya seems to prefer it to be this way.
Why? Maybe it's easier for her. She Is visibly shaken when MC makes choices, that would indicate that he have inherited memories of OG Sensei.
Who was OG Sensei? One of the previous incarnations? One of the "Players", going through this vn? An NPC gone rogue? An actual person, wired up to a life support machine after failed suicide attempt and plugged into a simulation for some reason? Maybe he had succeeded and now is in purgatory.
How current Maya related to Happy scene Maya? A new, fixed version? An avatar? Daughter?
Who's narrating? Sometimes it's Sensei, sometimes some other party, an uninvolved observer and sometimes it's hard to tell. Selebus self insert?
Does Sensei really have a memory problems? He sometimes slip things here and there, that would indicate that his memories are still there.
And so on...
It's really hard to summarize what's going on, just play it through.

JohnnyRazer

Sep 15, 2020
Selebus Just got caught up with the latest patron build no thanks to some IRL stuff getting in the way of my normal 'play it as soon as I get the notification' schedule for this game. This one stung on multiple girls in the most unpleasant way possible, but it had incredible happy moments as well. Things are already starting to come together and, because it isn't public yet, all I'll really say is that I'm both happy I guessed right on some aspects and terrified at what they might mean in the future. My least favorite character has truly redeemed herself in my eyes now through conversations with her mother and I now never want to see the look on a certain (nearly) emotionless girl's face during her dorm events again. That terror I felt, that sinking feeling as I stared into those terrified, teary eyes of hers, was one of the most dreadful emotional experiences I've ever had, but the scariest part? That dread is a good thing, I should have felt that at that moment. Incredible update, can't wait for the rest of you to experience it yourselves when it goes public.
Goddamit, man, you really piqued my interest and my hand moved to wallet to immediately gain access to patron build. I'm an old seasoned pirate yarrrrr, but even I begin to cave in. Still holding though, but that day when I gib Selebus money is dangerously close.

Reactions: alex2011

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Well, thing is, a lot of characters break the 4th wall and it's hard to know when it's "serious" and when it's tongue in cheek.
I even think that the whole "game" is a break in the 4th wall totally tearing the 4th wall down and even more, hence the break of the (4th wall)².
Im pretty sure that there is some kind of scientific or religious term that relates to people rubbing of on other people or even objects.
What i mean is that you just cant avoid to influence people or even objects you spend time with. Like people taking over words u use or vise versa. Or things u use that wear and tear and what not. Think about a gift you get. It means more than just its material value to you.

Its even more of a thing when people get creative. They rub off on their work no matter what. Mostly intended though.

Last edited:

HardcoreLarry

May 27, 2020
Check out the wiki linked to the game. Then, you can look up the events you still need to do there and it'll tell you the requirements and all. That's what I did anyway.
First of all thanks for replying.
Second, its really detailed
I'm not a lost puppy or something I can find my ways around games but on this one I tend to get lost so much even with the wiki xD

How do you advance ?

User690690

Jan 24, 2019
I mean... its more realistic than most games
Like Summertime saga where you help every soul you meet
Its a great game but from time to time its fun to be an asshole xD
I agree, some games are all about hooking up with all the characters and that's fine. This game is more about establishing relationship(s) and is far more story driven.

Reactions: alex2011

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
I made a simple mod to be able to view all stats on a single page from the menu. Kind of like the existing progress page (which I only learned about when Selebus mentioned it yesterday) but more compact:

LIL Progress Mod.JPG

In what is admittedly a not very useful gimmick, girls only show up on the list after being introduced in the story (hence the absence of Niki and Noriko in the screenshot).

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
I made a simple mod to be able to view all stats on a single page from the menu. Kind of like the existing progress page (which I only learned about when Selebus mentioned it yesterday) but more compact:

In what is admittedly a not very useful gimmick, girls only show up on the list after being introduced in the story (hence the absence of Niki and Noriko in the screenshot).
Nice work! I turned it into a table (and scorched the earth of all instances of "== True") because redundancy is my least favorite thing being redundancy.

I don't actually have a save with all the girls unlocked because I started fresh so I'm not sure if they're all working, but the spirit is willing even if the flesh might be weak at least.

Note: "Progress" in the Quick Menu goes to the old style, "Progress" in the main menu goes here)

table.jpg

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
Nice work! I turned it into a table (and scorched the earth of all instances of "== True") because redundancy is my least favorite thing being redundancy.

I don't actually have a save with all the girls unlocked because I started fresh so I'm not sure if they're all working, but the spirit is willing even if the flesh might be weak at least.

Note: "Progress" in the Quick Menu goes to the old style, "Progress" in the main menu goes here)

View attachment 1146439
Very nice! I had never touched Renpy (or Python) before and looking into how to make an actual table was more effort than I was willing to make (and it never even occurred to me that if statements could be truncated like that).

It works with all of the girls unlocked, but it's a tight fit. The start of the table will have to be moved higher or the text size reduced when the last four girls are added in the next few updates.

Also worth mentioning to anyone else reading that this version is for 0.15.0 part 1 only. It will crash 0.14.0.

Reactions: vehemental

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
Very nice! I had never touched Renpy (or Python) before and looking into how to make an actual table was more effort than I was willing to make (and it never even occurred to me that if statements could be truncated like that).

It works with all of the girls unlocked, but it's a tight fit. The start of the table will have to be moved higher or the text size reduced when the last four girls are added in the next few updates.

Also worth mentioning to anyone else reading that this version is for 0.15.0 part 1 only. It will crash 0.14.0.
Don't feel bad, I had to shell out almost six figures for a CS degree to learn it. There are much better ways to :ROFLMAO:

For future reference, "vbox" means vertical box (vertical referring to the arrangement of the "text" objects) and are used as the columns of the table here. There was one big one originally, I just split it up into four.

"xpos" and "ypos" refer to the x (horizontal) and y (vertical) axis positions of the upper left corner of the vbox. We're using relative positioning here which goes from 0.0 to 1.0 to represent a position as a fraction of the total screen height or width. You can also think of it as 0% to 100% - so "xpos .25" means 25% across the screen from the left (all the way left is 0.0, all the way right is 1.0), and "ypos .15" means 15% of the way below the top (0.0 is the very top, 1.0 is the very bottom. Don't blame math for this being backwards, or even Renpy really, this is an old school computer graphics processing standard).

So to make room for more names at the bottom - I think a scrollbar will automatically show up if it overflows, but that sucks - all you would need to do is change the "ypos" values for each "vbox" to .10 or less. That will move the top of the columns higher.

Updated my event tracker/guide for 0.15.0 Part 1.

Awesome update: Chika, Maya and a little bit of Sara makes me a happy consumer :D
I've been using this in my new scratch playthrough. Very helpful!

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes