alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Hello hello.

So ive been reading through about 150 pages (about 8 hrs) in this thread to find out what people think the whole story might be about.
Couldnt find much in that regard.
So i wondered if theres a place where people talk about that (theories).
It's mostly because we seem to put more focus on the story that unfolded in the latest update at the time and how it relates to previous updates and opens up possibile paths for the next. We don't really get into the big picture as a whole and branch out further than the next steps. A few exceptions include the theories on Kaori's weirdness, whether we have to watch our backs around Ami, and the same around Ayane. The first had some pretty interesting takes while the others seem to not have gone very far. Ayane seems to be calming down and Ami still seems to be getting riled up at every girl that walks in the door, but no closer to pulling a knife. However, the new girls brought in a third that's a real wild card, Noriko. Things like that tend to bring up discussion.

As for the stuff that doesn't get talked about, that's usually because something bigger swept it under the rug. Also, yes, Selebus is fully aware of the theories going around and I swear I sometimes see little nods in game, sometimes very close to exact copies of points made here, some of which were specifically made by me, that's how I recognize them.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Hello hello.

So ive been reading through about 150 pages (about 8 hrs) in this thread to find out what people think the whole story might be about.
Couldnt find much in that regard.
So i wondered if theres a place where people talk about that (theories).
There are 2 channels on the Discord dedicated to this. One for patrons and one for non-patrons.

Reactions: Ankoku

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
There are 2 channels on the Discord dedicated to this. One for patrons and one for non-patrons.
I feared that someone might come up with the Discord thing. Which im not very fond of (Discord).
At least in regard of what kind of game this is. I dont think people i know are ready for this :sneaky: .

Are you, Selebus, ok with someone who might spill the beans right here? (If im really capable of)

Reactions: crustlord12

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
I feared that someone might come up with the Discord thing. Which im not very fond of (Discord).
At least in regard of what kind of game this is. I dont think people i know are ready for this :sneaky: .

Are you, Selebus, ok with someone who might spill the beans right here? (If im really capable of)
I welcome you to try! I've heard hundreds of theories by now and am always interested in seeing how close or far people come to what's actually happening. It's impossible to solve a puzzle when you only have a handful of pieces.

Reactions: Serenity x

The_Wombat

Changing Life
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
I welcome you to try! I've heard hundreds of theories by now and am always interested in seeing how close or far people come to what's actually happening. It's impossible to solve a puzzle when you only have a handful of pieces.
Impossible? Well, then can I ask this - without getting into details of course - has anyone ever, here or in Discord channels, came close to the truth that you have in mind?

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Impossible? Well, then can I ask this - without getting into details of course - has anyone ever, here or in Discord channels, came close to the truth that you have in mind?
The truth about some things, sure. But there are so many layers and so many stories happening at the same time in this game that expecting someone to just get everything right now is just not possible.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Yeah i see that given my experience that i might be horribly off. Thought on the other hand i might be spot on.

But i saw next to nothing (again, roughly 400 pages is too much) about that Baby Finches Event.
Besides those 3 [Redacted] words which really angered me a bit because normally im good at getting (Maybe i was too tired/drunk) whats meant through context (non native english speaking person here), it reveals a good chunk of the underlying story.
Though i got some new impressions with that spider alien invasion thing mentioned by someone. Which would mean Kaori might be involved. Then again could also mean nothing.

Also the whole andwiresandwiresandwiresandwiresandwiresandwiresandwires? Given other stuff mentioned leading the same direction... (everyonething is connected )

I wonder about Ami calling you something u cant make her do by options. Unless its a hiccup (in the system world) with what u can make others call u. Would have to try and reset those names for a few of the girls to see if it changes. Or right look up at the code which im to lazy to do (either of them).

Could be you misleading people... dont know. In the end theres a universe of possibilities.

I wonder where you got your inspiration from, besides the obvious own experience, the literature stuff (First time i saw smth similar to the “There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.” was the Tokyo ghoul s3 opening theme with lyrics like "Find/see beauty in distortion" iirc , funnily it even has the "Schadenfreude" term in it).
I really got some Neon genesis evangelion vibes there. Even Terraria with the bird stuff (though that could be comming from somewhere else) or Silent Hill. There might even be some Fringe or what not series/movies into it and even more. So much possibilities.

I got to say im not much into literature (printed is dead) so im prone to miss a bunch of clues thou.

But im interested in what you might think so far. Got lots of thought made up to some conclusion which i intentionally not spill so far.

Last edited:

Rekkano

Nov 27, 2020
I feel like Karin still needs more events to build a background before we totally lewd her. We just can't go from giving cookies to Sensei to straight up sex ya know, at least not with Karin.
After the two new events she warmed up a little to him tho

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Hey Selebus,
suggestion: On the girls tab after you click a girl, you then have to click events or replay. I find myself often going through each girls events so when I look at one girls events I hit the go back button on the bottom of the screen to go back to the option select for the girl, then I have to click the go back on the top of the screen to go back to the girl selection. Could we get both "go back" buttons in the same place so its a convenient double click? first world problems amirite.

Reactions: rbs305

HardcoreLarry

May 27, 2020
After a very long gameplay throughout multiple version I gotta finally ask...
How do ya'll know what to do ?
There's no hint button or something to guide to and show you how to advance in the story
All I've been doing is just randomly trying stuff (especially the dorms) until something happens

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
Would definitely be down to do an AMA sometime!
First AMA Question: "What the fuck Selebus? Seriously, what the hell man?! *vaguely gestures at everything in LiL* really, what the fuck?!?!"

Joking aside, an AMA would be pretty cool, although with how active you are in the community, I don't exactly have many questions.

diocletian

Oct 4, 2017
After a very long gameplay throughout multiple version I gotta finally ask...
How do ya'll know what to do ?
There's no hint button or something to guide to and show you how to advance in the story
All I've been doing is just randomly trying stuff (especially the dorms) until something happens
Check out the wiki linked to the game. Then, you can look up the events you still need to do there and it'll tell you the requirements and all. That's what I did anyway.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Something I'd love (but can live without) is just some indicator on the main girls and side girls pages that show whether there are events unseen for them still, like a different coloured box around their portrait or something, so I don't have to check every girl's page.

It's not a huge thing, I can check each girl and it's not a big bother, but I have a bit of a goldfish memory so if I still have Maya, Rin, Futaba events to do, and I do one Rin event, I'll totally forget who still needs events and will inevitably have to check nearly every girl again.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Something I'd love (but can live without) is just some indicator on the main girls and side girls pages that show whether there are events unseen for them still, like a different coloured box around their portrait or something, so I don't have to check every girl's page.

It's not a huge thing, I can check each girl and it's not a big bother, but I have a bit of a goldfish memory so if I still have Maya, Rin, Futaba events to do, and I do one Rin event, I'll totally forget who still needs events and will inevitably have to check nearly every girl again.
The progress button at the bottom shows you who there are incomplete events for

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes