Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Another homerun by Selebus. After 5 minutes into the update I already love Nodoka. I knew she would be great from her first encounter, but my expectations have been exceeded for the 100th time with this game. Coming from other VNs back to LiL when it updates is always an eye-opening experience. No filler, no over-exposition, no forced drama; not a word is wasted in this VN. To make a poor comparison, the clever dialogue and strength of the characters always reminds me of my favorite moments in The Fruit of Grisaia.
Daily dose of Makina

1619931483283.png

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Daily dose of Makina
Another homerun by Selebus. After 5 minutes into the update I already love Nodoka. I knew she would be great from her first encounter, but my expectations have been exceeded for the 100th time with this game. Coming from other VNs back to LiL when it updates is always an eye-opening experience. No filler, no over-exposition, no forced drama; not a word is wasted in this VN. To make a poor comparison, the clever dialogue and strength of the characters always reminds me of my favorite moments in The Fruit of Grisaia.
Wow, really? You two know Grisaia as well? I have so many fond memories...afterall, The Fruit of Grisaia was the second eroge I've every played back when I was 11 :)

Have you also played the Phantom Trigger series? The plot's really good, though it unfortunately didn't surpass the original series (and no outright erotic content, though plenty suggestive).

Reactions: Duckwater

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
I am immensely overjoyed by the fact that Sensei continues to just randomly call Niki in the middle of the day to prove that he dated her and then hangs up when she blows up. The next Niki event really can't come soon enough. Also, I hope for at least one J-rock concert with all the musician characters on the scene somewhere in the future. Maybe even Sensei on the drums, however little sense that would make.

It's a bit sad that we'll have to wait a month until meeting the strange Christian girl again, but I guess it makes sense that the biggest mystery comes last. New girls we did get are not bad at all, though. I enjoyed both Otoha's "almost mature" and Nodoka's "genius without care for rules of society" vibe.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Her intro had me laughing so hard I was almost crying, it was expertly crafted, and then there was her one dorm event at the end that gave me a very deep understanding of what it looks like she is going through at the cost of more "Delirium" flashbacks. It is a cost I would happily pay, though. She needs help just like every other girl in the cast and in order to help her, her problem must be understood, which means being exposed to it firsthand.

I am immensely overjoyed by the fact that Sensei continues to just randomly call Niki in the middle of the day to prove that he dated her and then hangs up when she blows up. The next Niki event really can't come soon enough. Also, I hope for at least one J-rock concert with all the musician characters on the scene somewhere in the future. Maybe even Sensei on the drums, however little sense that would make.

It's a bit sad that we'll have to wait a month until meeting the strange Christian girl again, but I guess it makes sense that the biggest mystery comes last. New girls we did get are not bad at all, though. I enjoyed both Otoha's "almost mature" and Nodoka's "genius without care for rules of society" vibe.
She is just way too fun to mess with, it brings out the mischievous devil in me, which is the exact opposite of the other girls or when dealing with Niki in person. Fun fact, her personality is my second least favorite to the more hostile version of Touka's. Touka is a himedere, does the whole princess/commoner thing, looks down on anyone not at or above her status, usually comes from some form of higher status family. The only difference between Touka and a typical himedere is that she doesn't seem to look down on those of lower status on purpose, that's just the way she was raised. She sees them as less fortunate, but not necessarily under her, which is a good thing in my eyes. Niki is the stereotypical celebrity type, which I hate almost as much because of their bitchy attitudes. For that reason as well as her bullying, that's why Yumi still stands in last place, though she has grown on me now that her undeserved hostility is calming a bit.

Reactions: jesusjackct

Duckwater

Nov 28, 2020
Wow, really? You two know Grisaia as well? I have so many fond memories...afterall, The Fruit of Grisaia was the second eroge I've every played back when I was 11 :)

Have you also played the Phantom Trigger series? The plot's really good, though it unfortunately didn't surpass the original series (and no outright erotic content, though plenty suggestive).
It’s always been on my to-read list, as my favorite writer of Grisaia writes them. I read the latter 2 Grisaia entries a few months ago and they were good but felt like they were mostly fan service outside of finally learning Yuuji’s backstory and what actually happened with his sister. Though I love the witty, morbid, and surprisingly educational content of his writing so I’ll get to them at some point.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

S - Boy

Sep 14, 2020
Big reason why we love it, is the complexity of the story and how it's delivered. We got different characters with a unique background story for each, though they differ but can still relate strongly to each other and don't tire the player out when trying to get to know them. We got a main character, despite being surrounded by tons of girls, doesn't have every single one obsessed with him in the beginning, like a lot of how other games work, we got girls that like him, admire him and girls that hate him, disgust him.
And I love that part about the game so much,....feels like it's my duty to fix the broken bonds between me and the ones who hate my guts, and then take their virginity at the end.
True, no game is completed without that factor, there's a feeling of grief and regret somehow, like trying your best to make somebody like you.

Her intro had me laughing so hard I was almost crying, it was expertly crafted, and then there was her one dorm event at the end that gave me a very deep understanding of what it looks like she is going through at the cost of more "Delirium" flashbacks. It is a cost I would happily pay, though. She needs help just like every other girl in the cast and in order to help her, her problem must be understood, which means being exposed to it firsthand.

She is just way too fun to mess with, it brings out the mischievous devil in me, which is the exact opposite of the other girls or when dealing with Niki in person. Fun fact, her personality is my second least favorite to the more hostile version of Touka's. Touka is a himedere, does the whole princess/commoner thing, looks down on anyone not at or above her status, usually comes from some form of higher status family. The only difference between Touka and a typical himedere is that she doesn't seem to look down on those of lower status on purpose, that's just the way she was raised. She sees them as less fortunate, but not necessarily under her, which is a good thing in my eyes. Niki is the stereotypical celebrity type, which I hate almost as much because of their bitchy attitudes. For that reason as well as her bullying, that's why Yumi still stands in last place, though she has grown on me now that her undeserved hostility is calming a bit.
You seem to express a lot of feelings and opinions whenever you reply to someone. And that's wholesome :sneaky:

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
Niki is the stereotypical celebrity type, which I hate almost as much because of their bitchy attitudes.
I think you are being overly harsh to her. She is probably a lot sweeter when talking to someone who didn't suddenly vanish and crash her life and then annoyed her every time they met afterwards. Also, her and Sensei's attitudes play off each other perfectly, which makes everything better.

spam753

Aug 6, 2017
1) The multiple choice dialogs are visually unpleasant to read on black backgrounds (on weekends midday and evening). I suggest adding a neutral (seasonal) background image.
Not much can be done about the background, it's winter, it snows in Japan in winter, and snow is sometimes blindingly white. There are actually a few environmental conditions associated with being blinded by snow IRL because of this. Don't worry, it will change again when it comes time to change seasons and the snow melts.
Are you for real? Did you read what I wrote or are you just trying to reply to as many posts as you can?

I'm talking about the noon and evening selection screens on the weekend. If that's the colour of snow then you must be buried 20 meters deep in it.

~J&F~

Sep 2, 2020
They're both the same genre of game, denpa. I wouldn't go expecting a happy ending if I were you.
Well, I didn't expect it to end happily, I just hoped that the ending wasn't the same, Because after I finished doki doki literature club, I cried because I couldn't help but feel my heartbreak after realizing what Monika was feeling. And if the game also has "Monika" I'm afraid I can't help but cry too

Well I think this game also has "Monika" in it, I just don't want her to have the same fate as in the literature club game doki doki.

Even so, whatever the ending, I will always support this game :)

~J&F~

Sep 2, 2020
By the way, do any of you have the newest Walktrhough? In the last version I played I had to uninstall this game to free up some memory on my phone, And now that I installed the latest version, I was worried that I would have to start over and unfortunately I forgot to trigger some events

jesusjackct

May 3, 2020
Are you for real? Did you read what I wrote or are you just trying to reply to as many posts as you can?

I'm talking about the noon and evening selection screens on the weekend. If that's the colour of snow then you must be buried 20 meters deep in it.
Ok, that's hilarious.
But yeah, probably just misread or something, he cares for the game, too. So no need to get upset.

And you're right, what's up with all the black screens ?

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
Well, I didn't expect it to end happily, I just hoped that the ending wasn't the same, Because after I finished doki doki literature club, I cried because I couldn't help but feel my heartbreak after realizing what Monika was feeling. And if the game also has "Monika" I'm afraid I can't help but cry too

Well I think this game also has "Monika" in it, I just don't want her to have the same fate as in the literature club game doki doki.

Even so, whatever the ending, I will always support this game :)
Although DDLC is the most mainstream (and thus, widely known) denpa game, there are quite a few others in the genre. When asked about influences, recommendations for other denpa games, and the like, Selebus has never even mentioned DDLC. I highly doubt it will have the same ending.

Of course, only Selebus can say for sure, and I highly doubt he's gonna give any hints about the ending here.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
By the way, do any of you have the newest Walktrhough? In the last version I played I had to uninstall this game to free up some memory on my phone, And now that I installed the latest version, I was worried that I would have to start over and unfortunately I forgot to trigger some events
Due to the frequent change of requirements for events, the usual walkthrough ain't accurate anymore. But the community's working on a replacement that works reasonably well:

Just remember if you're going in circles and doing as the wiki says and nothing's happening, the Wiki's probably out of date :) As a rule of thumb progress evenly, do all HAPPY events, and
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
this game is in desperate need of more appearances of the fowl gang as well as new eccentric members... how about a raven that steals shiny things I mean all we got is two chickens and a sparrow assassin. We need like some penguins and an emu... I mean come on an emu war veteran from the great emu war of Australia that broke out of the off shore concentration camp known as "cum on me zoo" the backstory just writes itself! just imagine chinami adopting a runaway emu. she loves things with long disproportionate body parts like necks and noses... she loves giraffes, elephants and even sensei. I bet her favorite dog is a dachshund.

I recall seeing an unnamed blue bird in background scenes before will that be a new member.

spoiler meant for selebus
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

~J&F~

Sep 2, 2020
Although DDLC is the most mainstream (and thus, widely known) denpa game, there are quite a few others in the genre. When asked about influences, recommendations for other denpa games, and the like, Selebus has never even mentioned DDLC. I highly doubt it will have the same ending.

Of course, only Selebus can say for sure, and I highly doubt he's gonna give any hints about the ending here.
Let's hope so, I can not stand anymore if I have to face an ending like DDLC, it's sad for me

Well, I don't want to be given hints or anything like that, the more I don't know the ending is getting better (even if at the end we'll have a tragic ending)

After all, it's useless for us to think what the ending will be like, in the previous version (before Selebus added date of birth feature) I tried to guess what the ending of the Lessons in Love game story would be, but it seemed useless because I only understand a little of the whole story.

By the way let's stop the discussion to predict the ending of the game's story, I'm afraid this will be considered annoying for some people

Reactions: alex2011 and Ankoku
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes