barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
yeah, putting the "using schoolgirls for sex" aside this is getting into psychological abuse territory. When the MC was kind of a shiftless, lovable slacker he was kind of forgivable but now he's becoming a sociopathic abuser, almost thriving on the pain he causes. This game is moving from being one of my favorites inspite of /because of the darker elements of the journey of self awareness ( plus the cute girls ;) ) and moving to one I don't really look forward to because I know I'm probably going to wish a painful death on the MC for the pain he's causing those around him. I'm going to see what happens in the next few updates before writing it off because I've loved it in the past and the girls are great. Maybe that's the thing - the girls are so good I want to protect them from the piece of shit MC :ROFLMAO:
When the game started, MC's first response is "Oh, I'm trapped in a VN," which means that at all times, he has to battle the impulse to assume that everyone he's interacting with is a fictional character, and thus he can't actually hurt them in a real sense. Then you have a clearly conflicting dual nature with some of his thoughts, to the extent that they outright overwrite one another repeatedly. The evolutioin of the MC is definitely happening, but I have always gotten the vibe that he's gonna get worse before he starts to get better, and any progress for the better at this stage is, at best, temporary.

SecretUser95

Feb 22, 2019
When the game started, MC's first response is "Oh, I'm trapped in a VN," which means that at all times, he has to battle the impulse to assume that everyone he's interacting with is a fictional character, and thus he can't actually hurt them in a real sense. Then you have a clearly conflicting dual nature with some of his thoughts, to the extent that they outright overwrite one another repeatedly. The evolutioin of the MC is definitely happening, but I have always gotten the vibe that he's gonna get worse before he starts to get better, and any progress for the better at this stage is, at best, temporary.
I feel like that trapped in a VN was a bit of a joke, kind of like the Raid:Shadow Legends adds. I doubt sensei is aware of his status in a VN, else he would refference it a few more times in internal monologue.

Then again, sensei does speak to the player directly on many occasions, so who knows ? That might just be his internal monologue, talking to himself in second person, but it always feels like he is talking to the player.

SecretUser95

Feb 22, 2019
I'm pretty sure that's a flashback to Noriko visiting you at your house, isn't it?
Also, Ami seems to know who the last maid is, so the thing about Noriko wanting to see how she looks in a maid dress when you invited her over wouldn't have made sense, Ami would have called her out.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
I feel like that trapped in a VN was a bit of a joke, kind of like the Raid:Shadow Legends adds. I doubt sensei is aware of his status in a VN, else he would refference it a few more times in internal monologue.

Then again, sensei does speak to the player directly on many occasions, so who knows ? That might just be his internal monologue, talking to himself in second person, but it always feels like he is talking to the player.
I would agree. It reminds me of Deadpool, who refers to himself as a comic book character in the movies a few times, in a comical way. I don't think it's related to the plot, but I think anything is a possibility right now

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I somehow feel being a part of the minority of people who doesnt think Sensei is the worst scum of the universe.

He started (in the game) like "Ok lets have fun in this new world and fuck what i can".
Given how he entered the world, the person he might have been before and the reason he entered it i guess that makes sense.
I think he still has a major depression going on that he might not even be totally (or not at all) aware of.
He is "fuck everything, everything is bothersome, "being around teenage girls is exhausting"".
And besides all that remember he got most of his memories taken away. What would an actual person be like if stripped from all life experience crafted character traits be? Hes almost an animal with some human traits. Like default (genetically induced) ones. Or at least he was. Since "gamestart" HE IS GROWING.

I wouldnt defend all of his actions either. But those are reallife moral standards applied to a fictional or semi fictional entity.
Besides that he does show that even he has some sort of moral concept (Sana).

Than there is how i perceive this "world" and that he is just supposed to interact with the girls the way he does and lots and lots of more stuff that would just end in some walls of text (look up my theories). But given how most of the girls (if not all in the future) throw themselfes at him... if he for what ever reason is supposed to interact with them at a given level then why defend against it. Its like he happened to find the "girl tree" where the ripe fruits are already laying on the ground and just picks them up (Maybe Hope will kick him out o'town for it or (different from religion) praises him ツ ).
Further: If he wasnt supposed to learn then why give him the chance to redeem himself with Makoto (bluejay). She could have just stayed the way she were after that. He even went out of his way for her in .16

With .16 we have the Miku dryhumping scene. So it wasnt even him initiating it (And Miku wasnt the only girl taking initiative). I guess its a moral question if what would have been better. Rejecting her or pry further. In the end she gives him the clear NO. But... what if hes right and taking herself back for Makoto will make things really bad for her in the future?

In the end with .16 things got darker. I guess we just passed the positive amplitude (for now) and things will get worse from here. I do think this had to happen one day or the other. But again to explain that, there would be one more wall of text coming.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021
I personally love the direction that the dev has been taking Sensei. He is aware that what he is doing is wrong and you sometimes see him questioning why/if he should do some of what he does, but he does it anyways. It's almost like he has managed to separate his actions from the consequences by some sort of mental gymnastics compartmentalization. I don't know if anyone else has gotten that vibe but it really sometimes feels like Sensei is a "good person" who just keeps doing bad things without really knowing why. My theory is that whatever summoned him
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
are corrupting him and everyone around him.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Some psychology stuff drenched in spoilers

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've only had one playthrough going back to last summer, so my memory of the early scenes is a bit spotty. I need to go through and replay the game with this dichotomy in mind. I might be way off base, or misremembering a critical detail that invalidates all of this, but it hit me a few minutes ago and I had to put it here. I should also read up a bit more on the psycological principles I'm referencing, because psych 101 was a long time ago for me, and I'm sure I'm missing something there.

• Red Heart
Reactions: alex2011
Sep 16, 2018
I personally love the direction that the dev has been taking Sensei. He is aware that what he is doing is wrong and you sometimes see him questioning why/if he should do some of what he does, but he does it anyways. It's almost like he has managed to separate his actions from the consequences by some sort of mental gymnastics compartmentalization. I don't know if anyone else has gotten that vibe but it really sometimes feels like Sensei is a "good person" who just keeps doing bad things without really knowing why.
I mean this is true for a lot of people without any need for supernatural corruption, even people who do really shitty things are the heroes of their own story. Take away the Happy scenes and Sensei is just a sex addict taking advantage of his position and proximity to teenage girls and maybe prone to absence seizures. The story still holds up just fine.

IceNeo2

Jun 23, 2018
Do I need to start a new game every time the game updates? I finally got around to finishing v0.15 part 1 when v0.16 finally came out.

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
Do I need to start a new game every time the game updates? I finally got around to finishing v0.15 part 1 when v0.16 finally came out.
No, your saves pass over unless something messes up on the devs end. That being said, IIRC there was a note saying you had to update to 15.2 before you can update to 16 to keep your saves.

Reactions: alex2011

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Someone said there's a "theories" thread on discord, since i don't really use discord, can someone tell me how to access it?

Edit: Also keep getting "Messages failed to load", every single time.

Last edited:

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
I really dislike some people repeating 'It's a denpa game! There will be no happy ending! Everything will be bad 100%!'. Like dude, creator doesn't HAVE TO DO what goes in that genre. He doesn't have any obligation to that. He will do whatever he wants. Like he can say 'here is a extremely happy ending where all the girls are fixed and happy to live with sensei forever' or he can simply kill sensei and girls in the most horrific ways and be done with it at the end. It's up to dev, it's not up to the 'denpa' genre. Again he has no obligations limit himself with the bouindries of 'denpa' genre. It's his game in the end. Some of the guys actively want bad things to happen in the game which is kinda weird thing to want but okay I guess

GeneralJo

Aug 30, 2020
Hmmm, getting farther in the game and questioning my choices, but I don't remember what I was able to/what I chose in the past.

Was choosing to finger Chika a thing, or was it just part of the laid-out storyline? If it was a choice, does anybody have a save file from before that happened?

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
He's always been a creepy asshole in abusive and manipulative territory, that's what he was supposed to be from the start, he's just now acting on it more noticeably.
He crossed a line with me this update.
Yes. Creepy manipulative MCs that sneak around with every girl is pretty much the common theme for most games here, so I am used to it. Some games it works out, and others it blows up horribly at the end. I am fine with ingratiating yourself with the students, and helping them out and being available so that the students and the MC can both have fun together. In real life, this would be an abuse of authority, but it is a game, so I can look past this and just go with it. The MC has never promised any of the girls that he would see them exclusively, or that he would be in a long term relationship with them, so if they both just want to have fun in the moment and see where time takes them, so be it. And sure, Sensei has exhibited some questionable decisions in the past so far, but it is debatable whether he actively has tried to harm any of the girls, and he has been able to hold off when they don't seem into it. With Miku it was very different. I could even live with the grinding scene, but once she was awake and tried to call everything off, for Sensei to basically browbeat her into doing more, before she was incapacitated by noise, was a bridge too far for me.

I loved 15 part 2, with the introduction of Nodoka. She is hilarious and great fun. And I have laughed a lot with LIL, much more than most games. The dialog is amazing for most of the characters. But with 16 part one, it was definitely was unpleasant to play.

Is Sensei only going to get worse and worse, until only the truly depraved among us enjoy the game, and the rest of us turn away in disgust? Will his behavior turn into outright abuse, or will he try to make things better for the girls? Will the MC skirt the line of cruel behavior and try to stay just on the right side of what most of us can tolerate, until there is some sort of endgame that brings it all together? Only Selebus knows for sure.

No criticism to Selebus. I love this game, it's just my impression of the latest update.

Last edited:

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
I really dislike some people repeating 'It's a denpa game! There will be no happy ending! Everything will be bad 100%!'. Like dude, creator doesn't HAVE TO DO what goes in that genre. He doesn't have any obligation to that. He will do whatever he wants. Like he can say 'here is a extremely happy ending where all the girls are fixed and happy to live with sensei forever' or he can simply kill sensei and girls in the most horrific ways and be done with it at the end. It's up to dev, it's not up to the 'denpa' genre. Again he has no obligations limit himself with the bouindries of 'denpa' genre. It's his game in the end. Some of the guys actively want bad things to happen in the game which is kinda weird thing to want but okay I guess
Again, Selebus has already explained how the story is going to go, with it being a denpa game, it is going to get worse before it gets better, it's not like anyone here is telling Sel to make it darker.

Lessons in Love will be split into three parts.
LiL Proper (The version we're in now)
Dark Route (The mandatory route after LiL Proper)
Purity Routes (Ending routes for each girl that will include several hours of new content for each one).

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Again, Selebus has already explained how the story is going to go, with it being a denpa game, it is going to get worse before it gets better, it's not like anyone here is telling Sel to make it darker.
I don't think you understand what I'm saying because your message has nothing to do with what I say or people I criticized. My point is that Selebus is the creator and he can do whatever the fuck he wants in his game. 'Well things must go THE WAY I WANT because the genre states that' is a stupid take imo

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes