alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Hm yeah the users. I dont know why but im continuously mixing them up.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't think Maya is a user, but is instead an outside third party that is aware of them. To me, the users seem like different parts of Sensei that manifest differently. I'm not sure which user player Sensei would be.

Reactions: PeterXHunter

Aconitum

Jun 14, 2017
I have a theory on USER2 that it is a separate version of Sensei, an entirely different personality, maybe even what Maya is looking for. She's hinted or even outright said that the Sensei we play as is not the one she knows or something to that effect and maybe USER2 is. Sort of like a split personality disorder except caused by damage from the jump and only one personality is showing itself for an extended period.

Hm yeah the users. I dont know why but im continuously mixing them up.

I've attached my "notes" file in case it helps. Reader beware that it is without proper formatting and since the inclusion of "weird" happenings outside of happy events my notes have fallen in a medium level of dissarray. Theoretically they should be absolutely correct, since i kept them as i saw them instead of after the fact from memory. I'd appreciate any mistakes being brought up. Their main use should be a quick translation of any binary/hexadecimal/encrypted language the game uses, although they contain some of the more important clues i chose to keep in, such as the colour of Maya's panties.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

I've attached my "notes" file in case it helps. Reader beware that it is without proper formatting and since the inclusion of "weird" happenings outside of happy events my notes have fallen in a medium level of dissarray. Theoretically they should be absolutely correct, since i kept them as i saw them instead of after the fact from memory. I'd appreciate any mistakes being brought up. Their main use should be a quick translation of any binary/hexadecimal/encrypted language the game uses, although they contain some of the more important clues i chose to keep in, such as the colour of Maya's panties.
These things like certain characters acting differently or saying things like what Makoto said are not happening in the reality of the game, only in his head. It happens quite often in other fiction where the MC imagines an entirely different outcome or spoken line than what is actually said or what actually happens. This is why Makoto's jump in "Bluejay" gets reversed, because it never actually happened, though her disappearance and short lived change in behavior did. As player Sensei slowly starts to break down further, something Noriko is exacerbating and Maya is trying to prevent, he sees more and more terrible things begin to happen, but in reality, everyone is just fine. It is only him that is truly suffering. That said, the conditions each girl suffers from, like Rin's depression, are not part of this breakdown, they are quite real. Back on the USER theory, USER2 seems to be a more gentle and caring personality than the other USER, not sure which USER the other is. When we see him actually try to help, that's USER2, but the one trying to get into the girls' panties is the other USER, a USER willing to do anything short of an actual crime at the moment because he knows anything the girls perceive as bad would actual be a detrimental action. Furthermore, because of the more gentle actions of USER2, that gives me reason to believe USER2 is old Sensei, the one from before the events of the game. That's my current theory on the USER situation and what is happening as far as weird moments in the story, anyway.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021

First: Thank you for your doc. I'll go through it when im not Hasslehoffed and it isnt 20 past 3 am in the morning in my timezone :)
But i'll leave you one thing. That is 23. Unless this is some "yeah it means something/i want you to think it means something/ i want you to think that i think it means something and so on (whats the name of that concept?) than 23 means absolutly nothing. Thats where i went with the 23 in my long spoiler. 23 seems to be a magical number (google that). A number that could really get people with arithmomania go off rails. This just might be Selebus going "face your fears" and stuff.

Last edited:

c4145317

Oct 14, 2019
I'll also be posting previews for a side-project I'm developing on for anyone who is interested! I'll post one of the characters below to give you a glimpse of the aesthetic. Four more are available in the link.

All donations on both Patreon and SubscribeStar will go toward funding all projects I work on, not just LiL. (Don't worry, LiL will always take priority and I'm only doing this other thing in my spare time)

View attachment 733369
Did this ever go anywhere? While LiL is my crack I am still intrigued.

zekemckillip

Sep 16, 2019
These things like certain characters acting differently or saying things like what Makoto said are not happening in the reality of the game, only in his head. It happens quite often in other fiction where the MC imagines an entirely different outcome or spoken line than what is actually said or what actually happens. This is why Makoto's jump in "Bluejay" gets reversed, because it never actually happened, though her disappearance and short lived change in behavior did. As player Sensei slowly starts to break down further, something Noriko is exacerbating and Maya is trying to prevent, he sees more and more terrible things begin to happen, but in reality, everyone is just fine. It is only him that is truly suffering. That said, the conditions each girl suffers from, like Rin's depression, are not part of this breakdown, they are quite real. Back on the USER theory, USER2 seems to be a more gentle and caring personality than the other USER, not sure which USER the other is. When we see him actually try to help, that's USER2, but the one trying to get into the girls' panties is the other USER, a USER willing to do anything short of an actual crime at the moment because he knows anything the girls perceive as bad would actual be a detrimental action. Furthermore, because of the more gentle actions of USER2, that gives me reason to believe USER2 is old Sensei, the one from before the events of the game. That's my current theory on the USER situation and what is happening as far as weird moments in the story, anyway.

Edit: added additional explanation to IP bit for clarification incase anyone isn't familiar with IPv6

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

Edit: added additional explanation to IP bit for clarification incase anyone isn't familiar with IPv6
I've now amended my theory on the USERS thanks to your own. USER1 is old Sensei, the one that jumped before the events of the game, and is offline becaause of that jump causing too much damage to maintain. USER2 and USER3 got taken out by USER4, and USER4 is player Sensei, the one we play as and the one willing to do whatever gets him into the girls' panties, which is why it is reserved. As far as the ego, superego, and ID, this is why I believe them to be separate personalities entirely caused by some sort of damage induced split personality disorder ccomplete with their own separate sets of ego, superego, and ID.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I've now amended my theory on the USERS thanks to your own. USER1 is old Sensei, the one that jumped before the events of the game, and is offline becaause of that jump causing too much damage to maintain. USER2 and USER3 got taken out by USER4, and USER4 is player Sensei, the one we play as and the one willing to do whatever gets him into the girls' panties, which is why it is reserved. As far as the ego, superego, and ID, this is why I believe them to be separate personalities entirely caused by some sort of damage induced split personality disorder ccomplete with their own separate sets of ego, superego, and ID.
I don't think the ID, Ego, and Superego are individual users. They are not just the components of persona, but also stages of development -- we're born as simply ID, the Ego forms when we need to start learning to satisfy our urges in ways that do not get us in trouble, and finally the Superego forms as society's moral norms begin to influence our thoughts, rather than just our actions.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I don't think the ID, Ego, and Superego are individual users. They are not just the components of persona, but also stages of development -- we're born as simply ID, the Ego forms when we need to start learning to satisfy our urges in ways that do not get us in trouble, and finally the Superego forms as society's moral norms begin to influence our thoughts, rather than just our actions.
No, not in my theory, either. Instead, each USER is entirely separate with their own ego, superego, and ID. That means this one guy has potentially five sets of ego, superego, and ID that switch out at completely unpredictable moments, potentially splinters of the original that encompass different parts of the original ego, superego, and ID of the person they are a part of. I still do not believe Maya to be a USER at all, though I do believe her to be aware of them.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
No, not in my theory, either. Instead, each USER is entirely separate with their own ego, superego, and ID. That means this one guy has potentially five sets of ego, superego, and ID that switch out at completely unpredictable moments, potentially splinters of the original that encompass different parts of the original ego, superego, and ID of the person they are a part of. I still do not believe Maya to be a USER at all, though I do believe her to be aware of them.
Hmmm ok. I really dont get all the stages of ego stuff. Thats way to elaborated for me, and as i stated i don't see that much in all the metaphorical, philosophical, religous stuff, espacially in the happy scenes.
One thing for now though. If we have some entities representing those users in connection with the gods/religion stuff. Callous one, caring one, forgot if there was a third or more and who they were called. Think about which persons and maybe Hope as a possible user, would fit those names. Who's callous? whos caring (for whom)... just some thoughts thrown in.

Last edited:

zekemckillip

Sep 16, 2019
Hmmm ok. I really dont get all the stages of ego stuff. Thats way to elaborated for me, and as i stated i don't see that much in all the metaphorical, philosophical, religous stuff, espacially in the happy scenes.
One thing for now though. If we have some entities representing those users in connection with the gods/religion stuff. Callous one, caring one, forgot if there was a third or more and who they were called. Think about which persons and maybe Hope as a possible user, would fit those names. Who's callous? whos caring (for whom)... just some thoughts thrown in.
Oh my GOD god GoD gOD HOPE! I've spent about an hour now trying to put down more thoughts/theories I have and the more I think about it, the more I go back and replay scenes from the game real world. I just want to say that it's odd that Nozomu is a god, and the name of Sensei's brother(supposedly, assuming any part of Ami's story is real), and his wife is thus Sekai, which you're also called in some events... There are so many paths Selebus can take with this story still, so I think it is too early to seriously theory craft, but I'm totally hooked and can't wait until more comes out.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Oh my GOD god GoD gOD HOPE! I've spent about an hour now trying to put down more thoughts/theories I have and the more I think about it, the more I go back and replay scenes from the game real world. I just want to say that it's odd that Nozomu is a god, and the name of Sensei's brother(supposedly, assuming any part of Ami's story is real), and his wife is thus Sekai, which you're also called in some events... There are so many paths Selebus can take with this story still, so I think it is too early to seriously theory craft, but I'm totally hooked and can't wait until more comes out.
As I said previously, I disagree. We may not be right with our theories, and probably won't be, but I don't think it's too early to seriously theory craft. It is more or less throwing everything at a wall to see what sticks, but it has its fun aspects to it.

Last edited:

13mpty

Aug 31, 2019
how the fuck do youy trigger events? for example Maya... affection around 281 according to wiki I have to go to the shrine but same shit always...

Korbinus

Nov 24, 2019
how the fuck do youy trigger events? for example Maya... affection around 281 according to wiki I have to go to the shrine but same shit always...
Check the requirements on the right side of the page, there are more requirements than only affection - you also need to have seen certain events

Reactions: alex2011

buff

May 29, 2017
You're blocked on someone else's event then.

It's the usual "sandbox grind" stuff. The events trigger each other. Dig around in the girls (both main and side) and see who has untriggered events, then go bother them at their jobs, in their dorm room,call them, invite them. Different colors are different things (blue is an "invite" event, for example). Dorm events only happen on certain days of the week, and if it is a weekend event might be at certain times of day.

Reactions: S - Boy

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That's almost certainly the case.
They all seem real and the time loops are starting to seem like some sort of in and out of reality situation where player Sensei sometimes starts seeing things that didn't actually happen, but then he snaps back to reality, causing a reset. Kind of like how clairvoyance type powers, the kind that can see the future, are often portrayed, but he's not seeing an actual future. This whole thing seems less like a simulation and more like a prolonged mental breakdown that Maya is trying to prevent from going into full effect and Noriko is causing to worsen with nearly every word out of her mouth.

zekemckillip

Sep 16, 2019
They all seem real and the time loops are starting to seem like some sort of in and out of reality situation where player Sensei sometimes starts seeing things that didn't actually happen, but then he snaps back to reality, causing a reset. Kind of like how clairvoyance type powers, the kind that can see the future, are often portrayed, but he's not seeing an actual future. This whole thing seems less like a simulation and more like a prolonged mental breakdown that Maya is trying to prevent from going into full effect and Noriko is causing to worsen with nearly every word out of her mouth.
Yeah this is the vibe I'm getting too, except that there are things like... well lets leave it at Bluejay and everything that happens surrounding that. I mean it's hard to argue that that didn't happen, or happened a different way. It really seems like that happened and then got reset. Honestly, at this point, my biggest gripe of the game though is Sensei's age. It doesn't work with Niki and Noriko. I think it was kind of a mistake for Selebus to say his age, but he definitely threw out too high a number. I mean, Noriko has said as young as 3 he was around her, but it has been implied maybe since birth. He dated Niki for 5 years, and he started tutoring Maya and Noriko at age 6, and continued until at least age 10, when he taught them about Orwell. A couple issues with that, first being that that makes all of those events only about 5 years ago, but Ami has been living with him pretty much forever. Secondly, Niki became a pop star after Sensei, but around 18, which would mean about 11 years ago. This is MUCH more consistent with when it is implied Ami would have started living with Sensei, but would mean Sensie disappeared when Noriko was like 7, being REALLY generous with her age and pretending all the girls are 18+, or 5000 year old wizards, however most likely she would have been younger than that. Anyway, only reason I bring this up, is that either Selebus maybe needs to look at how the game has evolved due to stretch goals on Patreon and double check the cohesiveness of his story, OR these inconsistencies aren't inconsistencies, and they're stand-ins for various psychological issues, so there can be inconsistencies, like going to the beach last summer, except that they wouldn't have been in his class then, except they were because reset. I dunno... it's a lot to try to consider, and I can't wait for more.

Edit: grammar
Edit2: doh, added reason #2 for my issue with Sensei's age.

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Damn this game takes forever.. I finally finished all events except the 3 missed ones. Talk about days of real grinding trying to find the events and trigger them.. I'm talking full days like 12+ hours.

Reactions: alex2011
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes