LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Damn this game takes forever.. I finally finished all events except the 3 missed ones. Talk about days of real grinding trying to find the events and trigger them.. I'm talking full days like 12+ hours.
It's useful to use the wiki. Otherwise you could grind forever and make no progress, as the story sometimes requires you to complete certain events and not only have high affection scores. But the wiki helped me massively. There is also a guide

buff

May 29, 2017
They all seem real and the time loops are starting to seem like some sort of in and out of reality situation where player Sensei sometimes starts seeing things that didn't actually happen, but then he snaps back to reality, causing a reset.
Actually, it's quite likely that "reality" absolutely isn't. The resets and happy events might be the closest thing Sensei experiences to the real world.

Reactions: alex2011

jesusjackct

May 3, 2020
Oh my GOD god GoD gOD HOPE! I've spent about an hour now trying to put down more thoughts/theories I have and the more I think about it, the more I go back and replay scenes from the game real world. I just want to say that it's odd that Nozomu is a god, and the name of Sensei's brother(supposedly, assuming any part of Ami's story is real), and his wife is thus Sekai, which you're also called in some events... There are so many paths Selebus can take with this story still, so I think it is too early to seriously theory craft, but I'm totally hooked and can't wait until more comes out.
when you're game is so good, at some point it'll get people to discuss more and form theories about the plot. None of them might turn out to be true, but you're so into the game that you just can't deny the need of showing some of the ideas and thoughts of your own, imagining the story playing out just like what you had in mind, that's priceless.
Selebus should be proud. (might already)

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
It's useful to use the wiki. Otherwise you could grind forever and make no progress, as the story sometimes requires you to complete certain events and not only have high affection scores. But the wiki helped me massively. There is also a guide
Wiki is why I missed damn events.. None of the missable ones was put into the events list of the main page! Why it makes no sense. So Wiki is broken since it has missed events. I had to do the horrible method to make sure NOT to miss anymore events.

1. Select first option
2. Select first option (if skip was not grayed out roll back)
3. Select second option (keep repeating process for EVERY single option)

This prevents missing anymore events but takes eternity all because someone decided to not include the missed events into the main wiki page that shows all the girls. Events from some girls did not show up on wiki at all UNLESS I manually searched for them. That is a broken site.

Tip: If you are just looking at this game for the first time playing and UNLESS your have 40+ hours to go through this game don't even consider starting it! The Wiki will have you missing events as it's not properly complete. You can follow the Wiki straight through to v0.6.0 but after that the events that can be missed come up and make you miss them. So stop at v0.6.0 in the wiki.

Reactions: LooLoo Baloo

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
This is my current theory for the game:

My current theory, is that it's some form of experiment by a secret organisation. I mainly think the experiment could either be either to create changes in the personality in an individual (In this case Sensei) and to control his mind; or to combat the effects of a mental illness, likely schizophrenia, in order to try and save Sensei from that very condition. Of course, the setting of this experiment is taking place in an alternate reality, with both Sensei and all of the other characters connected to it, likely by different machines which keep their consciousness within this reality. This would also explain the constant references to wires, as all of them could be connected to the machines which keep them trapped in there. An additional point, it would also explain why the girls can't get pregnant. This is because while their minds are connected in this alternate reality, their physical bodies are not.
I've heard that people think Sensei has some form of mental illness, such as schizophrenia, but maybe the organisation is actually attempting to cure it or else cause it. Or maybe they want to develop mind control techniques, in an alternative reality setting which they can simply carry on resetting the world on an unaware person for the sake of convenience. If he were to be suffering from some form of personality disorder, it's safe to assume those personalities could be entirely different from one another, which seeing as current Sensei is nothing like old Sensei, and there is potentially a next Sensei when the current Sensei is lost, it would explain why they are so different. Each personality would then progressively become more evil, as it can be assumed that his mental illness is becoming worse and less stable (Judging from the happy events and world resets). Seemingly the worst that the old sensei did was give detention to the students, especially Yumi, and obviously this sensei has done far worse than that.
It would also explain why when Sensei does lose control, such as when he kisses Yumi and when he has thoughts of killing people, it is a more evil and less controlled version of himself. He has no memories of these events, because in his mind he was another person, another personality in which he has no control over.
As well as that, it explains why Maya is desperate for the older Sensei to come back. The people are all trapped within this alternate reality, potentially a new version of Sensei could destroy both himself and the world. The current Sensei is a lot darker than the old Sensei, which is why she both mistrusts him, and partially blames him for what's happened. Yet she does understand it isn't entirely his fault, she knows it is her responsibility to somehow fix the impossible.

Next, the organisation may be good or evil, and either can greatly affect the rest of the theory.

If the organisation is good and they are trying to cure Sensei of whatever illness he has, then possibly when Maya prays during a world reset, her thoughts directly travel to the workers in the organisation, they listen to her warning about the world breaking and reset it, ensuring that both the world and Sensei are safe. She has stated multiple times she does not believe in god, and yet she prays anyway and her prayers are answered to reset the world. This could indicate that it is people who are controlling the reset, and not a 'god'. But of course, this causes malfunctions and Sensei temporarily loses his mind as they are not yet able to stop or cure whatever mental illness he has. Whenever Sensei's personality changes, this could be simply the schizophrenia taking control and attempting to destroy either Sensei's remaining sanity or the world. Moreover, the different 'Users' may be various workers in the organisation taking direct control of the situation, in order to save Sensei. The evil 'God' or whatever he is that is referenced quite a few times, could be a metaphor for the root cause of his mental illness. It could be a symbolisation for trauma, or the schizophrenia that is keeping him in this state. And of course, this evil god makes his life hell inside this alternate reality, because it is the very reason that he is there in the first place. So in a way, Sensei is himself that being, and he is slowly destroying himself. Which is why if the organisation is good, they are doing this experiment to save him.

If the organisation are mostly evil, then I think they are attempting to control Sensei and damage him beyond repair, or else develop a mind control technique which they could then use on people in the real world. And of course seeing as this is experimental technology, the alternate reality breaks because they can't fully control it. Maya can be assumed to be a 'good guy' and here to try and save Sensei, but she has to ensure that Sensei does not understand what is happening or he would truly lose his mind, and her resetting the world is simply buying time until she can find a more permanent solution to the entire situation. Maybe she knows someone inside the organisation that is on her side, and they implement the reset for her, but of course seeing as they don't have full control over the experiment by themselves this would explain why each reset can be very different from the last. Alternatively, the organisation could simply be creating the resets themselves until they have completed their objectives, which is to truly control the mind of another person (Sensei), or to create something else entirely with his consciousness. In any case, I think the latest characters will have a very large part to play in relation to this part of the theory being correct.

But with writing all of this, I have not yet completed the most recent updates, and my thinking may be massively different in the future. This is just the general picture of what I think could be happening

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah this is the vibe I'm getting too, except that there are things like... well lets leave it at Bluejay and everything that happens surrounding that. I mean it's hard to argue that that didn't happen, or happened a different way. It really seems like that happened and then got reset. Honestly, at this point, my biggest gripe of the game though is Sensei's age. It doesn't work with Niki and Noriko. I think it was kind of a mistake for Selebus to say his age, but he definitely threw out too high a number. I mean, Noriko has said as young as 3 he was around her, but it has been implied maybe since birth. He dated Niki for 5 years, and he started tutoring Maya and Noriko at age 6, and continued until at least age 10, when he taught them about Orwell. A couple issues with that, first being that that makes all of those events only about 5 years ago, but Ami has been living with him pretty much forever. Secondly, Niki became a pop star after Sensei, but around 18, which would mean about 11 years ago. This is MUCH more consistent with when it is implied Ami would have started living with Sensei, but would mean Sensie disappeared when Noriko was like 7, being REALLY generous with her age and pretending all the girls are 18+, or 5000 year old wizards, however most likely she would have been younger than that. Anyway, only reason I bring this up, is that either Selebus maybe needs to look at how the game has evolved due to stretch goals on Patreon and double check the cohesiveness of his story, OR these inconsistencies aren't inconsistencies, and they're stand-ins for various psychological issues, so there can be inconsistencies, like going to the beach last summer, except that they wouldn't have been in his class then, except they were because reset. I dunno... it's a lot to try to consider, and I can't wait for more.

Edit: grammar
Edit2: doh, added reason #2 for my issue with Sensei's age.
It actually isn't very hard if you take mental breakdown into account. "Bluejay" and every reference to the not so pleasant part are all in his head, he's seeing them, but they aren't actually happening. All this while a different thing entirely is going on, which is what we see directly in the wake of each reset.

I get the feeling these perceived inconsistencies are actually intended and are yet another result of mental issues.

Damn this game takes forever.. I finally finished all events except the 3 missed ones. Talk about days of real grinding trying to find the events and trigger them.. I'm talking full days like 12+ hours.
There's A LOT of content at this point, so it would take some time on even a play through where you literally skip everything and that's not taking into account getting stuck because of the skipping.

Actually, it's quite likely that "reality" absolutely isn't. The resets and happy events might be the closest thing Sensei experiences to the real world.
In a sense, yes. The way I see it now, he's under a severe amount of mental stress and that is taking its toll in the form of a number of mental issues, including seeing things that didn't actually happen and then snapping back to reality after each episode, AKA resetting. I'm not even sure if he actually jumped or fell at the beginning anymore or if that was yet another episode.

Reactions: LooLoo Baloo

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
all of those events only about 5 years ago
To add to a confusion, Noriko says that they last saw each other almost 3 years ago.
OR these inconsistencies aren't inconsistencies, and they're stand-ins for various psychological issues, so there can be inconsistencies, like going to the beach last summer, except that they wouldn't have been in his class then
Maya did casually dropped the word "timelines" the first time Noriko appeared, so...

I just want to say that it's odd that Nozomu is a god, and the name of Sensei's brother(supposedly, assuming any part of Ami's story is real), and his wife is thus Sekai, which you're also called in some events...
In a "Abyss" event, when Sensei blacked out before Yumi, an unknown entity tells him that Yumi looks scared, just like Sensei was, when he was with "the world" (Sekai).
I believe this is her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On the side note, I've recently remembered the manga I read long time ago, even found it's name again - Classmate, Kamimura Yuuka wa Kou Itta. It's has a high school setting, everybody is a robot (or rather complex, human-like androids), including MC, except for one human girl, who they all programmed to ignore. It turned out that before they were all put in high school, they lived in different simulations, had different lives names and duties.
This game recently start to remind me of this manga. I thought it was suspect, when Maya made direct parallels between how computer works with memories and how normal brain does, and then she immediately insinuated that girls work with memories they have much like computer do. Also in the Yumi's event Abyss, a Purple Smile...thing said that it knew Yumi by different name. In that same manga I was talking above, some androids were put in war setting, which reminds me of Miku situations, her ptsd and "night-vision" references, that keeps popping out.
Would be hilarious if it turned out that Selebus used this manga has one of inspiration sources.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
To add to a confusion, Noriko says that they last saw each other almost 3 years ago.

Maya did casually dropped the word "timelines" the first time Noriko appeared, so...

In a "Abyss" event, when Sensei blacked out before Yumi, an unknown entity tells him that Yumi looks scared, just like Sensei was, when he was with "the world" (Sekai).
I believe this is her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On the side note, I've recently remembered the manga I read long time ago, even found it's name again - Classmate, Kamimura Yuuka wa Kou Itta. It's has a high school setting, everybody is a robot (or rather complex, human-like androids), including MC, except for one human girl, who they all programmed to ignore. It turned out that before they were all put in high school, they lived in different simulations, had different lives names and duties.
This game recently start to remind me of this manga. I thought it was suspect, when Maya made direct parallels between how computer works with memories and how normal brain does, and then she immediately insinuated that girls work with memories they have much like computer do. Also in the Yumi's event Abyss, a Purple Smile...thing said that it knew Yumi by different name. In that same manga I was talking above, some androids were put in war setting, which reminds me of Miku situations, her ptsd and "night-vision" references, that keeps popping out.
Would be hilarious if it turned out that Selebus used this manga has one of inspiration sources.
And things just got even more complicated to theorize. I might have to revisit one of my earlier time based theories, possibly to combine them into one or more of my other theories. At this point, I have literally hundreds of theories that range from time manipulation, to divine intervention, to a side effect of the war, to the latest one I mentioned, the one regarding mental instability within the mind of Sensei himself that results in a sort of split personality and hallucinations that resulted from something in Sensei's past. It could very well be an all of the above scenario, which if it is, is absolutely crazy when you think about it. Not the idea itself, that would actually be a brilliant idea if done correctly, but the combination of all these possibilities into one set of events where a whole bunch of stuff beyond human comprehension is happening all at once.

Reactions: akselx

buff

May 29, 2017
Yeah this is the vibe I'm getting too, except that there are things like... well lets leave it at Bluejay and everything that happens surrounding that. I mean it's hard to argue that that didn't happen, or happened a different way. It really seems like that happened and then got reset. Honestly, at this point, my biggest gripe of the game though is Sensei's age. It doesn't work with Niki and Noriko. I think it was kind of a mistake for Selebus to say his age, but he definitely threw out too high a number. I mean, ....

IIRC, on his Discord Selebus has made it pretty clear this is not a narrative mistake. There are all sorts of problems in the chronology...... I think of them as glitches in the matrix. This game rewards you for paying attention, and you just found one of them.

One of the things that makes me really, really like this game is that you don't have to be afraid to think too hard about it. Ever read a book and there is a glaring plot hole, and you get excited and start thinking about what could explain that, and it could mean that a lot of things aren't as they seem, and ...... it turns out the writer was just fucking lazy. Well, this is not one of those stories. It's like reading Ian Banks, you can drill down as hard as you want and you're not going to go deeper than the author himself. (And along those lines-- yes, I am aware I just compared the writing in an eroge game to a guy who has been a finalist for a Campbell, a Clarke, and a Hugo.)

zekemckillip

Sep 16, 2019
IIRC, on his Discord Selebus has made it pretty clear this is not a narrative mistake. There are all sorts of problems in the chronology...... I think of them as glitches in the matrix. This game rewards you for paying attention, and you just found one of them.

One of the things that makes me really, really like this game is that you don't have to be afraid to think too hard about it. Ever read a book and there is a glaring plot hole, and you get excited and start thinking about what could explain that, and it could mean that a lot of things aren't as they seem, and ...... it turns out the writer was just fucking lazy. Well, this is not one of those stories. It's like reading Ian Banks, you can drill down as hard as you want and you're not going to go deeper than the author himself. (And along those lines-- yes, I am aware I just compared the writing in an eroge game to a guy who has been a finalist for a Campbell, a Clarke, and a Hugo.)
Hey, at this point, I'm thinking Selebus' writing is pure genius, even riddled with "inconsistencies". And yeah, I actually believe that they aren't inconsistencies, but I've been proved wrong before, and I know that this project has grown quickly, and scope expansion can ruin complicated narratives, so I was more just expressing my hope that Selebus has been careful with any revisions caused by Patreon stretch goals. Either way I think Selebus' writing is brilliant, and there are SO many questions... Like no one is talking about Yumi really, but Sensei breaks SO hard around her, and there's no why yet, but argh I want answers so bad! I'll have more time tonight and I'll probably end up posting a longer, more coherent theory of mine that I've been working on since I finished .15pt2 and have started to replay the game.

vanbummel

May 15, 2020
After playing 16p1 I really hope there is more comeuppance for the way Sensei has been treating Miku. Personality wise she is one of my favorite characters and I wanted Sensei to get closer to her, but every h-scene so far (if you can call them that) has been borderline assault, and it doesn't seem like sensei is taking it seriously at all.

After the forced kiss with Yumi, Yumi frequently calls sensei out (as she should) and sensei appears to genuinely feel bad about it (as he should) even though he wasn't really in control of his actions. I think every h-scene with Miku has been worse than the forced kiss, but sensei doesn't seem to feel bad about it at all, and when Miku is reduced to crying, begging sensei to stop touching her, or leaving the room to get away, he just thinks "that sucks, guess I'll have to try even harder to get her to do those things she repeatedly says she doesn't want to do."

IIRC, the plan is for a dark ending to the game before better endings are possible. I hope the treatment of Miku partially contributes to this. She's one of the most innocent girls in the game, and thus far sensei has been remorselessly treating her like crap every time he tries to make a move on her.

Reactions: HogRocket

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
After playing 16p1 I really hope there is more comeuppance for the way Sensei has been treating Miku. Personality wise she is one of my favorite characters and I wanted Sensei to get closer to her, but every h-scene so far (if you can call them that) has been borderline assault, and it doesn't seem like sensei is taking it seriously at all.

After the forced kiss with Yumi, Yumi frequently calls sensei out (as she should) and sensei appears to genuinely feel bad about it (as he should) even though he wasn't really in control of his actions. I think every h-scene with Miku has been worse than the forced kiss, but sensei doesn't seem to feel bad about it at all, and when Miku is reduced to crying, begging sensei to stop touching her, or leaving the room to get away, he just thinks "that sucks, guess I'll have to try even harder to get her to do those things she repeatedly says she doesn't want to do."

IIRC, the plan is for a dark ending to the game before better endings are possible. I hope the treatment of Miku partially contributes to this. She's one of the most innocent girls in the game, and thus far sensei has been remorselessly treating her like crap every time he tries to make a move on her.
Sensei is absolutely more aggressive with Miku than he should be, and it makes him a bad person. However, I do want to point out that the reason Miku keeps giving for saying no, isn't that she doesn't want to. It's because she doesn't want to hurt Makoto. I think this is the reason Sensei's behaviour is different than it is with Yumi. If Miku claimed to not want the attention at all, I think that he'd act differently. He's under the impression Miku does want the attention, she's just afraid of consequences to her friendship and friend.

vanbummel

May 15, 2020
Sensei is absolutely more aggressive with Miku than he should be, and it makes him a bad person. However, I do want to point out that the reason Miku keeps giving for saying no, isn't that she doesn't want to. It's because she doesn't want to hurt Makoto. I think this is the reason Sensei's behavior is different than it is with Yumi. If Miku claimed to not want the attention at all, I think that he'd act differently. He's under the impression Miku does want the attention, she's just afraid of consequences to her friendship and friend.
That's a good point, and the reason I qualified it as borderline assault. But really that just goes to show how badly Sensei's views are warped and how manipulative his behavior has been with Miku. She knows almost nothing of sex and at least in the early parts of the game I don't think she's sexually interested in Sensei or anyone. Sensei convinces himself that she wants him by either:
  1. Just repeatedly telling her she wants to have sex with him, even when she clearly says she doesn't
  2. Touching her in ways she asked him not to and then using involuntary responses (moaning, orgasm, etc) to convince himself that she had wanted to be touched like that from the start, even when she said she didn't
By the end of 16p1 it seems clear that she is at least somewhat sexually interested in Sensei, but doesn't want to hurt Makoto...but she only got to that point by being repeatedly groped against her wishes, and that's pretty messed up.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes