barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Also, does anyone have a link to a resource where I can learn how to extract the images from the scenes. I want to start checking the static jumps for single frame images and stuff, but I'm no computer programmer, and have no idea how Ren'py works, but I wouldn't mind learning to dig into this game. If it is easy enough to do that you can just PM me an explanation, or post it here for anyone else who's curious, feel free, but a link to another forum post, or some other guide would work too. I would appreciate it greatly, because I've no idea where/how to start.
You can just dig around in the game files. Most of them are simple image files located in the image folder (or one of its subfolders).

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I doubt that very much, the rape part at least. Other than the latest Miku stuff, he seems like the type to not do something so drastic. Then again, if my split personalities are the USERS theory has even a shred of truth, it might have been a much darker personality that we haven't seen come out that really is willing to take what he wants when he wants it without fear of consequences. But on the other hand, the school he teaches at is effectively an all girls school because of the war and teen girls tend to be VERY good at making news like that spread like wildfire. The personality we know as player Sensei wouldn't have gotten as far as he has, or anywhere, if he had actually raped one of the girls. His plan would effectively be failed from the start because they would all have turned on him by the time player Sensei took over with MAYBE three exceptions, Ami, Noriko, and Ayane, which is not the case. With the exception of Yumi, and even she is moving in that direction, every girl is at least neutral to him if not already bearing feelings for him.

Really? Nice, I had no idea, I figured they'd be packed away somewhere. Guess that's why it was so hard to find what I was looking for, since you don't need to extract Ren'py anything then it makes sense nobody has a tutorial on how to do so! Thank you.
Some Renpy games actually do do that, but this one does not, which I am glad for because I like to look at the images out of context as well when I am not doing something else.

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
Also, does anyone have a link to a resource where I can learn how to extract the images from the scenes. I want to start checking the static jumps for single frame images and stuff, but I'm no computer programmer, and have no idea how Ren'py works, but I wouldn't mind learning to dig into this game. If it is easy enough to do that you can just PM me an explanation, or post it here for anyone else who's curious, feel free, but a link to another forum post, or some other guide would work too. I would appreciate it greatly, because I've no idea where/how to start.
barglenarglezous is correct, but to be a bit more specific, the images are in the LessonsInLove[VERSION NUMBER HERE]/game/images directory, but there are a lot of them.

I find it faster to look in the code for which image you want so you can know the name of it. In the game folder, you can find a bunch of files ending in .rpy. These files can be opened in notepad (or any plain-text program(I like notepad++)) to read them.

Main and I believe secret events are stored in script.rpy and ch2script.rpy (for chapter 2 events). Events which happen in the dorm but aren't main events are stored in DormEvents.rpy and Dorm2Events.rpy (for the events which start on the first and second floor of the dorm respectively). Then there's a [NAME]Events.rpy file for each girl to handle character specific events which don't fall into the previous two categories.

When you want to find a picture, open the .rpy file where the event it happened at would be stored, search (usually ctrl+f) for a line someone said near where the image flashed, and look for the "scene" word near it to find the name of the picture.

For example, let's say I want to know the name of a picture where Rin winks at you during a scene at the cafe. I open the RinEvents.rpy file. Seach for "Excuse me, but is there a manager I could speak with?" because that was the line right before the picture I wanted, and look around it to see:
Python:
    r "Though...I guess I’d have a little less homework if you weren’t around...Maybe I should
    have used a little arsenic or something?"
    s "Excuse me, but is there a manager I could speak with?"

scene cafewink

r "No, I’m sorry sir, but I’m afraid there is not. You’re going to have to deal with me today."
    s "I would like my money back."
Thus, I now know the picture I'm looking for is named cafewink and I can find it quickly rather than blindly looking through all the pictures.

Of course, since you're looking for pictures which flash rapidly, they'll probably be in a bunch of stuff like:
But it's still pretty easy to pick out the name of the pictures you want (pretty much any word on the same line as "scene").

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Then again, if my split personalities are the USERS theory has even a shred of truth, it might have been a much darker personality that we haven't seen come out that really is willing to take what he wants when he wants it without fear of consequences. But on the other hand, the school he teaches at is effectively an all girls school because of the war and teen girls tend to be VERY good at making news like that spread like wildfire. The personality we know as player Sensei wouldn't have gotten as far as he has, or anywhere, if he had actually raped one of the girls. His plan would effectively be failed from the start because they would all have turned on him by the time player Sensei took over with MAYBE three exceptions, Ami, Noriko, and Ayane, which is not the case. With the exception of Yumi, and even she is moving in that direction, every girl is at least neutral to him if not already bearing feelings for him.

Is Yumi part of the schoolgirl rumor train, though? She has exactly one friend, who happens to be the one person who never sees anything bad in anyone. So if she did try to get that story spread, would it go anywhere? And unlike the other students, she doesn't have parents present in her life to support her if she tried to go to administration. The only support she would normally have would be her Yakuza associations, but they're all gone due to the war. Her story wouldn't gain any traction.

And if there were a hyper-predatory version of Sensei running around in the past, this would all make her his perfect victim.

We know past iterations of Sensei have slept with students. Maya says as much in Now More Than Ever. She also says that in that first classroom session, their memories were rewritten. So even if the rumor HAD been spreading, it's been deleted.

Except Yumi wasn't in the room that day. She didn't get the patch, and is now an artifact of the prior build. She's causing compatibility issues and making aspects of the prior Sensei come out.

Reactions: alex2011

KatsuraKotarou

Jun 30, 2018
Hi guys.

I definitely don't have enough time to produce elaborate theories about how Sensei's history with all of the girls fits the timeline, but I have one observation that might help.

Have you considered that the girls may look teenage only in this warped world of Kumon'mi, but in the "real" version of Sensei's life they weren't (or at least not all of them)?
In one of the last Maya events

Reactions: alex2011

zekemckillip

Sep 16, 2019
barglenarglezous is correct, but to be a bit more specific, the images are in the LessonsInLove[VERSION NUMBER HERE]/game/images directory, but there are a lot of them.

I find it faster to look in the code for which image you want so you can know the name of it. In the game folder, you can find a bunch of files ending in .rpy. These files can be opened in notepad (or any plain-text program(I like notepad++)) to read them.

Main and I believe secret events are stored in script.rpy and ch2script.rpy (for chapter 2 events). Events which happen in the dorm but aren't main events are stored in DormEvents.rpy and Dorm2Events.rpy (for the events which start on the first and second floor of the dorm respectively). Then there's a [NAME]Events.rpy file for each girl to handle character specific events which don't fall into the previous two categories.

When you want to find a picture, open the .rpy file where the event it happened at would be stored, search (usually ctrl+f) for a line someone said near where the image flashed, and look for the "scene" word near it to find the name of the picture.

For example, let's say I want to know the name of a picture where Rin winks at you during a scene at the cafe. I open the RinEvents.rpy file. Seach for "Excuse me, but is there a manager I could speak with?" because that was the line right before the picture I wanted, and look around it to see:
Python:
    r "Though...I guess I’d have a little less homework if you weren’t around...Maybe I should
    have used a little arsenic or something?"
    s "Excuse me, but is there a manager I could speak with?"

scene cafewink

r "No, I’m sorry sir, but I’m afraid there is not. You’re going to have to deal with me today."
    s "I would like my money back."
Thus, I now know the picture I'm looking for is named cafewink and I can find it quickly rather than blindly looking through all the pictures.

Of course, since you're looking for pictures which flash rapidly, they'll probably be in a bunch of stuff like:
But it's still pretty easy to pick out the name of the pictures you want (pretty much any word on the same line as "scene").
I mean this in the best way possible, but if in the near future you see me on here complaining about getting divorced, just know that you have given me the tools to craft my own drugs and destroy my life... thank you. More seriously though, this is exactly what I was looking for, and have spent all night combing through stuff to peek a little deeper. I don't know that I really found anything worth it, as, for the most part, I was actually able to catch all these images, at some point, if not in context, and so there's not a lot of new info, but alongside the script lets me see what triggers changes. I haven't even scratched the surface of digging through this stuff, and I love it, so once more, I can't thank you enough.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Is Yumi part of the schoolgirl rumor train, though? She has exactly one friend, who happens to be the one person who never sees anything bad in anyone. So if she did try to get that story spread, would it go anywhere? And unlike the other students, she doesn't have parents present in her life to support her if she tried to go to administration. The only support she would normally have would be her Yakuza associations, but they're all gone due to the war. Her story wouldn't gain any traction.

And if there were a hyper-predatory version of Sensei running around in the past, this would all make her his perfect victim.

We know past iterations of Sensei have slept with students. Maya says as much in Now More Than Ever. She also says that in that first classroom session, their memories were rewritten. So even if the rumor HAD been spreading, it's been deleted.

Except Yumi wasn't in the room that day. She didn't get the patch, and is now an artifact of the prior build. She's causing compatibility issues and making aspects of the prior Sensei come out.
She has a direct line to it through Chika, a girl who trusts her implicitly and would not think for even a second that Yumi was lying. The reason Chika never sees anything bad is because nothing bad has happened to her or Yumi on Chika's watch. If something bad were to happen to Yumi and she went to Chika, that would change very quickly because of how close they are. It's one thing for Chika not to have experienced any of it herself or to have a close friend go through it, but once she or a close friend DOES go through it, she won't be so trusting.

As for the spreading of the story, keep in mind that the oh so popular court of public opinion rules with impunity in the realm of teen girls. It doesn't even have to be plausible that it happened, they would be more likely to believe that it did until it was proven that it didn't. They would all turn on him even with no evidence to back Yumi's claim.

As for the administration, schools are notorious for firing teachers the second something like this comes up even with no proof and before an investigation even has a chance to start to avoid bad press. He would be out instantly even if the news was falsified. My German teacher in high school was a victim of this very thing, a girl at the school he transferred to my senior year, the fourth and final year of high school in the US system, made a false claim about something his former students at my school knew, and still know, he would never do and the school fired him with no investigation.

Then there's a fourth possibility, what if she went to the police. She may have been brought up in the Yakuza, but if she had nowhere else to turn, she could and probably would go there as a last resort. When a claim of rape is brought to the police, the girl is tested for any physical trauma inflicted by the rape and any remaining fluids, both of which would prove she was raped and the fluids would be tested and linked to Sensei, who, as player Sensei in this case, would then be arrested. The police don't mess around and don't make the victim prove a claim before testing.

Past iterations may have slept with his students, but all indications are it was consensual and possibly even initiated by the students.

As for this patching and prior build stuff, that seems to be heading in the direction of this being an artificial world, which I am not inclined to believe at this time, though that is held in reserve as a potential theory.

The way I see it, the resets are all him, not the girls, and they don't remember because the things being reset didn't actually happen.

Hi guys.

I definitely don't have enough time to produce elaborate theories about how Sensei's history with all of the girls fits the timeline, but I have one observation that might help.

Have you considered that the girls may look teenage only in this warped world of Kumon'mi, but in the "real" version of Sensei's life they weren't (or at least not all of them)?
I'm inclined to believe almost everything he sees, and especially anything seen in a state like that, is a hallucination.

Reactions: S - Boy

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Hi guys.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It does seem like her, so that makes sense. This also adds to the potential of my split personality being the USERS theory. Maybe it was a different USER/personality in control at the time and that personality was immoral enough to do things like that. That said, even if confirmed, it could just be in dialogue with no images or it could be patched out because of Patreon, not sure what road Selebus would take if it did happen to be true.

As for the whole Canada thing, they don't outlaw written confirmation of a fictional past event, do they? I know that it is perfectly fine down here in the US, basically anything with no connection to real people is fine as per a supreme court decision, but I know there are some commonwealth countries that do outlaw written accounts even if entirely fictional. If that's not the case in Canada, the above dialogue only method or the patch only method would work, but only the patch method would work if Canada does ban it.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It does seem like her, so that makes sense. This also adds to the potential of my split personality being the USERS theory. Maybe it was a different USER/personality in control at the time and that personality was immoral enough to do things like that. That said, even if confirmed, it could just be in dialogue with no images or it could be patched out because of Patreon, not sure what road Selebus would take if it did happen to be true.
I had assumed it was flashing all the way back to before things started to break.

Reactions: zekemckillip

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm really enjoying the game so far! The interactions and the dialogues really brings this game into masterpiece territory. I'm only at the start of the Halloween party questline but i can't NOT post about how menacing Sana's dolphin costume is....

It's just sitting there.... Menacingly... Dolpain

View attachment 1220652
Menacingly? Just look at that cute little star...oh no, I think I figured out why they say keep an eye on the quiet ones. :p

• Haha
Reactions: FunkyD

feppy CIG

Sep 30, 2020
So guys.... the soundtrack that plays when Sensei hangs out with Molly and Tsuneyo during Halloween night, anyone knows it ? It slaps.

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
So guys.... the soundtrack that plays when Sensei hangs out with Molly and Tsuneyo during Halloween night, anyone knows it ? It slaps.
Someone has asked this before, and there are a couple of songs that play so I got it wrong last time, but they found it on their own. Here's what they found:
I meant this one, I hadn't bothered to check the game files until I after I made the post lol
Edit: After 20 mins of scrolling through youtube the songs name is 【魔王魂公式】フリーBGM素材 ヒーリング01
They have the mp3 attached to the post (and are quoting my post with my guess) if you wanna jump to their actual post (just click their name in the quote).

feppy CIG

Sep 30, 2020
Someone has asked this before, and there are a couple of songs that play so I got it wrong last time, but they found it on their own. Here's what they found:

They have the mp3 attached to the post (and are quoting my post with my guess) if you wanna jump to their actual post (just click their name in the quote).
Ah, that's the one, thanks. Quite convenient that you're the needed one to first reply.

Now I see it's pretty weird to know about these soundtrack via adult games, because when you've played so many, at some point you can recognize most of that music when you come across them online as they were to be meant for the games, while that's not their true purpose. You just wanna enjoy pure quality music, but can't get the erotic-related thoughts off your head whenever you listen :LOL:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
So it has been quiet for a day here. So i might just throw in something to think about. And maybe you can tell me what you think about it.

Oh and the content behind the spoiler tag contains at least 2 disturbing scenes (images) with one of them being from one of the "secret" happy scenes. So be warned!

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So it has been quiet for a day here. So i might just throw in something to think about. And maybe you can tell me what you think about it.

Oh and the content behind the spoiler tag contains at least 2 disturbing scenes (images) with one of them being from one of the "secret" happy scenes. So be warned!

She does love her watermelons.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes